365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Term Limits?

+3
Mark B
Michele "1L" Keane
ounce
7 posters

Page 13 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down

Term Limits? - Page 13 Empty Re: Term Limits?

Post  nkrichards Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:06 pm

Interesting Bandaide.  Glad the vaccination went well.

It will be nice to cross the cleanup in Huntsville off your to-do list.

Stay safe.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:13 pm

The muscle discomfort at the site lasted around 30 hours.  There is the feeling of a bruise, when you press on it.  The bandaid came off in the shower, this morning.

The low temp was a balmy 29 degrees, this morning, and at 3 CT, it's a scorching 57 with clear skies.  Still have to boil water, which isn't as bad as one would think, unless you're out of water.  Monday is to be the day that we are in the clear.

So, I went to the gym.  I was curious if not lifting since Valentines would cause a loss of strength.  It did not.  In fact, it ended up as resting because I was able to add weight.  Even used the AbRoller in a building the muscle way, rather than how far out could I go.

I'll be curious to see how the body responds to running again.

Moochus graceeus.

I will run tomorrow morning.  The low is to be around 47 degrees.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:30 pm

I guess "Don't Mess With Texas" doesn't apply to Mother Nature. It's been determined that Monday, the 15th, was the worst day related to temperature.

Term Limits? - Page 13 20210214
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:50 am

Glad to see you managed the chaos fairly well. I hope you didn't have one of those power plans linked to market prices. That secondary disaster reminds me of California's ill-fated electricity market deregulation experiment back around 2000. It ended up bankrupting the state.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:24 pm

Mark B wrote:Glad to see you managed the chaos fairly well. I hope you didn't have one of those power plans linked to market prices. That secondary disaster reminds me of California's ill-fated electricity market deregulation experiment back around 2000. It ended up bankrupting the state.
+1  We had/have the option to choose different electricity pricing plans....one of which was market pricing I think.  We didn't understand it very well so decided to stick with the certainty that we had and understood.  Glad we did I think.

Hope you were able to make it out for a run...and that it went well.

Have a safe trip to Huntsville.  I'm sure you're looking forward to getting that chore finished up!!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:39 pm

Mark B wrote:Glad to see you managed the chaos fairly well. I hope you didn't have one of those power plans linked to market prices. That secondary disaster reminds me of California's ill-fated electricity market deregulation experiment back around 2000. It ended up bankrupting the state.
Nope, done  have one.  But this wasn't the first time the flexible rates and weather intersected.

I think it was 2019 when we had a really hot Summer and the flexible rates were in the spotlight.  A local morning news anchor had one and he was reporting on how the the daily rate had skyrocketed.

Another twist will be the State legislatture, which only meets for 120 days, every other year.  The legislature is in session.  Republican controlled with the gov and lt gov up for election in 2022.

So how they handle this will, along with the pandemic, will see if the Gov gets re-elected.  The Lt Gov will get re-elected.  He has more power than the Gov, but the Gov is the face of government.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:20 pm

nkrichards wrote:
+1  We had/have the option to choose different electricity pricing plans....one of which was market pricing I think.  We didn't understand it very well so decided to stick with the certainty that we had and understood.  Glad we did I think.

Hope you were able to make it out for a run...and that it went well.

Have a safe trip to Huntsville.  I'm sure you're looking forward to getting that chore finished up!!
I did make it out for a run on Sunday, but both watches were having hissy fits on working.  The HR worked for a bit, the splits were not consistent.  Just atrocious.  All I can say is, I ran 3 miles.

As far as Huntsville, I wasn't able to finish.  I had to clean off about an acre of crap that had been exposed to the weather for 25-35 years.  My dad had a car rental business and also changed the oil on the cars.  So, there was a wide variety of stuff from seats, to bed liners to tires to empty oil bottles.

It will end up being 3 Uhaul cube trucks.  One of old tires with wheels plus tires, no wheels.  One of everything else (1,900 pounds per a truck scale) and the last one of just the steel wheels.  Just me.

The 1,900 pound load was yesterday.  Today was to be the steel wheels, but the tire place i contracted with to separate tire from wheel had an issue.  The machine broke.

So, I have 1 more trip to take the wheels to a recycling place, when the machine gets fixed.  I can tell you that all of the weight lifting has sure come in handy.

The picture below is a unique marriage of organic and inorganic.

Term Limits? - Page 13 20210214
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

nkrichards likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:54 pm

I noticed on Strava that your watch decided to take a break during your run.  At first glance I was super impressed with your ability to keep your HR so level.   Razz

Hope you get your chores finished up and get some better weather and are able to get back into a good routine soon. 

Take care...
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:27 pm

nkrichards wrote:I noticed on Strava that your watch decided to take a break during your run.  At first glance I was super impressed with your ability to keep your HR so level.   Razz

Hope you get your chores finished up and get some better weather and are able to get back into a good routine soon. 

Take care...
I was impressed, too, but the 2nd split was like 'wait, what?'

-30-

I have figured out that I'm starting from scratch on my running.  And this was timely because, when I was warming up, I was thinking that I needed to start training for next year's Houston.  Ain't it great when a plan comes together...when need matches desire?

Almost got 2 miles, today.  The weather (68 degrees) I could blame, but it was me.

Thursday, I went to the gym and did some good there.  And I still have to prep for the stress test.

One thing that I noticed after moving the stuff into the cube van...lots and lots of bruises on the calves, stomach, forearm, top of thigh.  Oh well.  One more trip up there for the wheels and that should be it. 

Well, and a '90s Volvo that needs to be donated somewhere.  A boxy Volvo.  Quick story...when this model of Volvo came out Motor Trend magazine called it "...the box the Audi came in."  What a slam on what Volvo calls styling.

That's all that I can allow for on this post.  I'll lift tomorrow and run on Sunday.  Thanks, Nancy.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:31 pm

Ok Doug...I need an explanation for the Sunday morning run.  Looks like you ran the first half mile or so then walked a bit and ran the last mile.  I hope it wasn't a heart pain walking moment.   What a Face  Take it easy and build up slowly.  You missed a lot of running and you have lots of time to train...if you stay healthy that is.

Did you see Michele's marathon run on Strava?  Under 4 hours but it sounds like it was a tough run in the heat and humidity.  She's one tough lady!

Take care.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:23 pm

nkrichards wrote:Ok Doug...I need an explanation for the Sunday morning run.  Looks like you ran the first half mile or so then walked a bit and ran the last mile.  I hope it wasn't a heart pain walking moment.   What a Face  Take it easy and build up slowly.  You missed a lot of running and you have lots of time to train...if you stay healthy that is.

Did you see Michele's marathon run on Strava?  Under 4 hours but it sounds like it was a tough run in the heat and humidity.  She's one tough lady!

Take care.
Zero pain.  I was just unable to keep going.  It was 68 outside and I pretty much have lost whatever endurance I had before the storm.  

But I did resolve to not walk the 2nd mile.  So, that was a good determined effort.

Miche1e's cadence chart is below
Term Limits? - Page 13 SHwNKCCGEEEKyDsN2skrWfwnYOOJTxPixL+OHwMT87P8QGCGEEEIIIdOXrDoAOoyjP3V5jPsnhBBCCCFkcuSMA0AIIYQQQgjJPHQACCGEEEIIKSDoABBCCCGEEFJA0AEghBBCCCGkgKADQAghhBBCSAFBB4AQQgghhJACgg4AIYQQQgghBQQdAEIIIYQQQgoIOgCEEEIIIYQUEHQACCGEEEIIKSDoABBCCCGEEFJA0AEghBBCCCGkgKADQAghhBBCSAFBB4AQQgghhJACgg4AIYQQQgghBQQdAEIIIYQQQgoIOgCEEEIIIYQUEP8faXCuTyinbq8AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Her HR
Term Limits? - Page 13 UsAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
She's unique!

-30-

I've gained about 10 pounds, since having to be in Huntsville.  Some of it is fluid retention in the legs, not running well, and being off eating stuff that I shouldn't.  The fluid retention should mitigate, once I don't have to go back.

This morning, I went to the gym.  The last thing I did was the Shocked Shocked AbRoller Shocked Shocked which I haven't done in 10 days or so because I had a strained core muscle that has now resolved.  Probably tire and wheel related.  Remember when I said I laid out my towel on the floor and it measured 37"?  And I was about 2 inches short of the end of the towel, when I roll out?  And after that I have about another 10" past the towel to go to be fully laid flat?

Now. 

Now, I have 8" to go, not 10".  I tell ya, sucking in that belly sure makes a difference.  No telling how long it'll take me to get to the end.

Cold front came through, this afternoon.  No more 80's for a while.  It's 50 degrees outside, as I write this.  I'll be lacing 'em up.

Thanks for stopping by.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:45 am

ounce wrote:
nkrichards wrote:Ok Doug...I need an explanation for the Sunday morning run.  Looks like you ran the first half mile or so then walked a bit and ran the last mile.  I hope it wasn't a heart pain walking moment.   What a Face  Take it easy and build up slowly.  You missed a lot of running and you have lots of time to train...if you stay healthy that is.

Take care.
Zero pain.  I was just unable to keep going.  It was 68 outside and I pretty much have lost whatever endurance I had before the storm.  

But I did resolve to not walk the 2nd mile.  So, that was a good determined effort.

Miche1e's cadence chart is below
Term Limits? - Page 13 SHwNKCCGEEEKyDsN2skrWfwnYOOJTxPixL+OHwMT87P8QGCGEEEIIIdOXrDoAOoyjP3V5jPsnhBBCCCFkcuSMA0AIIYQQQgjJPHQACCGEEEIIKSDoABBCCCGEEFJA0AEghBBCCCGkgKADQAghhBBCSAFBB4AQQgghhJACgg4AIYQQQgghBQQdAEIIIYQQQgoIOgCEEEIIIYQUEHQACCGEEEIIKSDoABBCCCGEEFJA0AEghBBCCCGkgKADQAghhBBCSAFBB4AQQgghhJACgg4AIYQQQgghBQQdAEIIIYQQQgoIOgCEEEIIIYQUEP8faXCuTyinbq8AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Her HR
Term Limits? - Page 13 UsAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
She's unique!

-30-

I've gained about 10 pounds, since having to be in Huntsville.  Some of it is fluid retention in the legs, not running well, and being off eating stuff that I shouldn't.  The fluid retention should mitigate, once I don't have to go back.

This morning, I went to the gym.  The last thing I did was the Shocked Shocked AbRoller Shocked Shocked which I haven't done in 10 days or so because I had a strained core muscle that has now resolved.  Probably tire and wheel related.  Remember when I said I laid out my towel on the floor and it measured 37"?  And I was about 2 inches short of the end of the towel, when I roll out?  And after that I have about another 10" past the towel to go to be fully laid flat?

Now. 

Now, I have 8" to go, not 10".  I tell ya, sucking in that belly sure makes a difference.  No telling how long it'll take me to get to the end.

Cold front came through, this afternoon.  No more 80's for a while.  It's 50 degrees outside, as I write this.  I'll be lacing 'em up.

Thanks for stopping by.
Glad to hear it wasn't anything serious.  You'll get your running legs back quickly.  The Huntsville chores and the related weight gain can't be helping.  I would expect a return to a more normal running routine will have you back to tip top running shape.

Speaking of routine...I'm impressed with your dedication to the gym.  And the improvement on the AbRoller is impressive.   Shocked

Enjoy the cooler weather.

Michele's running is impressive.  Based on her stats and her comment on Strava I'm sure she's disappointed but still...Wow!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:37 pm

Thanks, Nancy. I tried something I had done in years past for today's run. Reduce the cadence.

It was also about 46 degrees, which helped. I'm not able to write the usual splits, right now. But I ran the whole 2 miles at 152 cadence or down 10 steps. Basically, 29:42 with average bpm of 123.

I wasn't tired or dragging during the last half mile, but I wasn't twinkle toes, either. But it was great to not stop.

As it gets easier, I'll increase to cadence.

Nancy, one thing I've been meaning to tell you about Nitro. It's brittle. For Huntsville, I put in a little plastic bag 4 baby aspirin and 2 Nitro. Both times, the Nitro was crushed, but the aspirin was peachy.

So, I have wasted 4 Nitro. I need to come up with a little container (or maybe the little glass container that houses the Nitro).

Be safe.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:17 am

I scanned through a few earlier pages ("motherly phobia" hmph), and I'm curious as to how much you ended up getting for those steel wheels. Probably didn't break a profit but hopefully defrayed some of the costs of the tire separation? 

I'd have suggested a wheelbarrow to haul the items, but I'm late to the party...

Good work on the affraidaffraidAbRolleraffraidaffraid I'm confident that, at your rate of improvement, that you'll be able to hook up one to your feet and be able to roll out both ways real soon now! Laughing

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:51 am

Mark B wrote:I scanned through a few earlier pages ("motherly phobia" hmph), and I'm curious as to how much you ended up getting for those steel wheels. Probably didn't break a profit but hopefully defrayed some of the costs of the tire separation? 

I'd have suggested a wheelbarrow to haul the items, but I'm late to the party...

Good work on the affraidaffraidAbRolleraffraidaffraid I'm confident that, at your rate of improvement, that you'll be able to hook up one to your feet and be able to roll out both ways real soon now! Laughing
Love Mark's confidence in your AbRoller abilities.   Laughing

In response to a couple items in your earlier post....

• I never opened my little glass bottle.  I just carried it with me.  I recently discarded it.
  • I think slowing your cadence for a bit as you get back into running shape is an excellent plan.

Stay well and keep moving...
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:58 am

Mark B wrote:I scanned through a few earlier pages ("motherly phobia" hmph), and I'm curious as to how much you ended up getting for those steel wheels. Probably didn't break a profit but hopefully defrayed some of the costs of the tire separation? 

Regarding the wheels, there was a wheelbarrow, but its tire was dry-rotted and  stuck in some hard dirt, so it was not useful.  

I have not retrieved the wheels yet because the wheels broke a part on the machine.  I will call next week to see if they are ready.  I have no clue how much steel pays, but I dont think it's as much as aluminum.

I hope you have made your YouTube video showing the AbROLLER with the foot, so I can see your technique.  I'll give it a whirl.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:22 pm

nkrichards wrote:

Love Mark's confidence in your AbRoller abilities.   Laughing

In response to a couple items in your earlier post....

• I never opened my little glass bottle.  I just carried it with me.  I recently discarded it.
  • I think slowing your cadence for a bit as you get back into running shape is an excellent plan.

Stay well and keep moving...
He wouldnt suggest it, if he hasn't done it.

So, over the past couple of days i lifted on Thursday and this morning.  I'm about to increase weight on a couple of items, but the rest are just fine, at the moment.  On one dumbell, the next jump is 5 lbs, rather than 2.5 lbs.  Rats.

I ran 2 miles, yesterday morning.  The last fifteen-hundreths, I increaaed the pace to see what happens.  It went well.  No pain, HR went up to 148 from 127.

I think the 1st split was 14:39 and thel 2nd was 14:02.  Turnover was faster too.

Tomorrow, I think I'll throw caution to the wind and give 3 miles a chance.  Hehe.

Thanks, y'all.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:50 pm

Saw your 3 mile run on Strava.  Nice.  I think decreasing the cadence for a bit while your body adapts to running again was a good decision.

The gym seems to have become your second home.  Wink
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:07 pm

nkrichards wrote:Saw your 3 mile run on Strava.  Nice.  I think decreasing the cadence for a bit while your body adapts to running again was a good decision.

The gym seems to have become your second home.  Wink
Yeah, it worked out well.  Weather was upper 40s which helped.  However, we're done with Winter, so temps will be up (high 60's for lows) and down (low 50's), but trending up.  Lots of thunder bumpers, as the earth tilts more towards the sun.  I decreased the cadence last year with success, so why not try it again?  

As far as the gym, it's somewhere between 2nd and 5th.

-30-

This was Sunday's run.  3 miles was the target and I delivered!  153 was the target cadence.

3 miles, 43:17, 14:25 pace, 125 avg bpm, 133 max bpm, 154 avg cadence, 0.72 avg stride length, 6 minute walking warm up.
1.  14:46, 120 bpm, 153 spm, 71 sl
2.  14:22, 126 bpm, 154 spm, 72 sl
3.  14:03, 130 bpm, 154 spm, 74 sl

I'm on a different computer, so I'll insert the graphs later.

The 3rd mile was the one where I picked up the pace for the last fifteen-hundreths just to see what would happen.  And it was peachy.

Monday at the gym, I increased weight on the bench press and increased my 4 sets of leg lifts from 4x25 to 4x30.  I ordered 2 bands (the long rubber band type) so I can do something when it rains or if I am out of town.  I finally decided to acquiesce and work on eccentric muscle movement by slowing down on the eccentric side.  What clinched it was, "why work on only half of the rep?"  So that will slow my progress, but I'll be stronger.  Except for the bench press.  I made a goal to be able to bench press Miche1e's weight by Memorial Day.  I think that I'm on track.

Thanks for commenting...even Mark! affraid
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:38 pm

This morning, it was 60 degrees.  Part of the slow, but not slow enough, march to warmer mornings.  BOOOOO! No

153 was the cadence.  An odd thing on the Polar.  When I pressed the start button to let me choose what activity, it only gave me "other indoor."  But it would give me HR, so it was either that or not recording.  The Garmin was working fine, so I was covered either way.

3 miles ran, but about a minute slower than yesterday.  Partly weather related since Sunday was in the 40s.  Cadence was 153...slowly scooting it back to 162.

3 miles, 44:14, 14:43 avg pace, 122 avg bpm, 131 max bpm, 153 avg cadence, 0.71 m avg stride length
1.  14:49, 1xx bpm, 153 bpm, 71 sl
2.  14:49, 1xx bpm, 153 bpm, 71 sl
3.  14:30, 1xx bpm, 153 bpm, 73 sl

The consistent 153 cadence, coupled with the 153 cadence on the Sunday run, dictates I can increase cadence to 154 because my legs are easily handling 153.  Maybe even 155.  Perhaps I shall do 154 on a long run and 155 on a regular, non-speedwork run.

My breathing in this run was not as efficient as the legs and the heart.  It got better on the 3rd mile, but breathing inefficiency for me usually means that I haven't been running as frequently, which is true.  Maybe that's also the Polar's problem, as well.

Nancy, I have a core muscle question for you, but I have to word it properly.  Not that it's an across the line personal question, but typing it is harder than just pointing to the area in person.

Wednesday is the gym.  Maybe you've heard in the news that Texas is going maskless.  It starts tomorrow.  24 Hour Fitness announced they would have a mask area of the gym and a maskless area.  I have been very faithful on wearing the mask, when I step outside, and I think I will wear the mask in a business or similar.  Not as much outside.  Many more businesses will require masks than I thought would, however bars will not require masks.  That's expected.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:47 pm

ounce wrote:This morning, it was 60 degrees.  Part of the slow, but not slow enough, march to warmer mornings.  BOOOOO! No

153 was the cadence.  An odd thing on the Polar.  When I pressed the start button to let me choose what activity, it only gave me "other indoor."  But it would give me HR, so it was either that or not recording.  The Garmin was working fine, so I was covered either way.

3 miles ran, but about a minute slower than yesterday.  Partly weather related since Sunday was in the 40s.  Cadence was 153...slowly scooting it back to 162.

3 miles, 44:14, 14:43 avg pace, 122 avg bpm, 131 max bpm, 153 avg cadence, 0.71 m avg stride length

The consistent 153 cadence, coupled with the 153 cadence on the Sunday run, dictates I can increase cadence to 154 because my legs are easily handling 153.  Maybe even 155.  Perhaps I shall do 154 on a long run and 155 on a regular, non-speedwork run.

My breathing in this run was not as efficient as the legs and the heart.  It got better on the 3rd mile, but breathing inefficiency for me usually means that I haven't been running as frequently, which is true.  Maybe that's also the Polar's problem, as well.

Nancy, I have a core muscle question for you, but I have to word it properly.  Not that it's an across the line personal question, but typing it is harder than just pointing to the area in person.

Wednesday is the gym.  Maybe you've heard in the news that Texas is going maskless.  It starts tomorrow.  24 Hour Fitness announced they would have a mask area of the gym and a maskless area.  I have been very faithful on wearing the mask, when I step outside, and I think I will wear the mask in a business or similar.  Not as much outside.  Many more businesses will require masks than I thought would, however bars will not require masks.  That's expected.
I saw your activity on Strava and wondered what was going on...makes sense now.  It was a nice run.  Your breathing will catch up with your legs and heart...don't rush things.  Bring your cadence up slowly and then the increases will be easy.

In response to your comment about eccentric muscle movement...great to hear!  I think we tend to get muscle memory and anything we can do to change up the routine is very helpful.  The routine that Marty and I did for a couple years was the same thing 2 or 3 times a week.  I'm loving having a program(s) to follow that instructs us to do something different every day and shows us how to do it correctly.

Nancy, I have a core muscle question for you, but I have to word it properly.  Not that it's an across the line personal question, but typing it is harder than just pointing to the area in person.  Question Embarassed  You've got me curious!

The mask situation is so frustrating.  Not sure how much good they do but there sure are different attitudes amongst the businesses and the public.  The main problem with the masks is that some aren't proper material and many people don't wear them correctly.  Marty and I just stay home.  I wear a mask when I have to...grocery store etc.  My DILs both order their groceries online.

Sure hope some in person races open up.  I've seen a few smaller ones but they just cancelled the Bend marathon as they couldn't get a permit.

Take care...
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:16 pm

So I weight 316# - does that work for you???  Twisted Evil

Actually it is 116# - so I think you are definitely well on your way!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:40 pm

nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:This morning, it was 60 degrees.  Part of the slow, but not slow enough, march to warmer mornings.  BOOOOO! No

I saw your activity on Strava and wondered what was going on...makes sense now.  It was a nice run.  Your breathing will catch up with your legs and heart...don't rush things.  Bring your cadence up slowly and then the increases will be easy.

In response to your comment about eccentric muscle movement...great to hear!  I think we tend to get muscle memory and anything we can do to change up the routine is very helpful.  The routine that Marty and I did for a couple years was the same thing 2 or 3 times a week.  I'm loving having a program(s) to follow that instructs us to do something different every day and shows us how to do it correctly.

Nancy, I have a core muscle question for you, but I have to word it properly.  Not that it's an across the line personal question, but typing it is harder than just pointing to the area in person.  Question Embarassed  You've got me curious!

The mask situation is so frustrating.  Not sure how much good they do but there sure are different attitudes amongst the businesses and the public.  The main problem with the masks is that some aren't proper material and many people don't wear them correctly.  Marty and I just stay home.  I wear a mask when I have to...grocery store etc.  My DILs both order their groceries online.

Sure hope some in person races open up.  I've seen a few smaller ones but they just cancelled the Bend marathon as they couldn't get a permit.

Take care...
Well, I figured the answer to my question, I think.  It was about where six pack muscles  end and where the obliques start.  I was thinking they were broader, but by looking at a andominal muscle anatomy picture, the six  pack end below the nipples.

Because i've noticed muscle growth on the Obliques at roughly a 10 and 2 location on a clock.  If the midline along the  belly button to the sternum is noon on a clock. The spine is 6 o'clock.  And I wanted to know  if youve noticed muscle  growth in that 10 & 2 area of your abdomen?

That's all it was.  Before I thought of a clock, I couldn't figure out a way to ask the question.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:44 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:So I weight 316# - does that work for you???  Twisted Evil

Actually it is 116# - so I think you are definitely well on your way!
I'd have to ask a couple of people to help me out at 316#.

In the mean time, you have 9 pounds to gain by Memorial  Day.

Thanks for stopping by, Miche1e.  It's okay to come by more frequently.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:06 pm

This morning, it was 68 degrees with a breeze.  Heat acclimation has started.  I increased the cadence from 153 to 154.  During the run, I chose to work on lengthening my stride.  In Chi Running, the runner can lengthening the stride by making the trailing leg extend to the rear a little longer.  And if I can resolve to practice this, it should make me a little faster.  I did a little during mile 2, but decided to lengthen the stride for the whole mile 3.  Never done that.

But it turned out well, as you'll see splits in a bit.

3 miles, 44:01, 14:38 pace, 122 avg bpm, 133 max bpm, 154 avg cadence, 0.71 m avg stride length
1.  14:53, 115 bpm, 154 spm, 70 sl
2.  14:50, 122 bpm, 155 spm, 70 sl
3.  14:08, 129 bpm, 155 bpm, 74 sl

My breathing effort was consistent with the heart and legs, so that's fixed.  As far as the stride length for mile 3, it was longer, but I don't have enough experience with long striding to tell me if the 3rd mile decrease was all stride length or not.  I guess you could compare mile 1 to 2 (7 bpm increase, same sl, -3 seconds) against mile 2 to 3 (same 7 bpm increase, but +4 sl, and -42 seconds) and hypothesize stride length is part of the decrease.

One could also conclude that the body has mastered 154 spm for 3 miles.  But how far COULD I maintain the 154?  4 miles?  5 miles?  As for 4 miles on Saturday, I will do long striding on mile 3 and see how long into mile 4 I can maintain it at 154.

Weights in the morning.  Appreciate your thoughts.  Even Mark's!
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next