365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Term Limits?

+3
Mark B
Michele "1L" Keane
ounce
7 posters

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

Term Limits? - Page 8 Empty Re: Term Limits?

Post  ounce Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:10 am

Mark B wrote:I, for one, am fine with being critical. StirPot

The affraid AbRoller affraid theory is a fun one, and it it turns out to be correct, I will expect a reasonable copay for my physiological services (fudge accepted).

Buuuuut... the fact that this happens at about the same amount of time in, at about the same intensity makes me wonder. Is this just pain, or do you also experience shortness of breath at the same time? Perspiration (more than normal)? Any other weird feelings? And what happens when you stop exercising? Does the pain go away right away? OR does it linger for a time? If so, how long? If it's a pulled muscle, I'd imagine it'd hurt longer with a lingering soreness, and you might be able to replicate it by taking a bunch of deep, fast breaths. Or jumping up and down. 

In all the studies they gave you, have they given you an ultrasound yet? It'd be interesting to see what that ticker is doing while it's doing that thing it does so well. Especially if you've been on a TM in a doctor's office. (I've had a stress ultrasound. It was cool.) And to know what's going on around said ticker, well, that'd be good to know, too.
So, I will answer your questions as "pre-hospital/post-hospital" in relation to actually running.
Pain/pain
No/no
No/no
Relief that I'm close to home/if I end with no pain, then just tour average recovery.
It took a 1/4 mile of walking home for the pain to subside/stops within 60 seconds.
It's not a pulled muscle, nor excessive blood in the muscle, because there's zero stiffness nor lack of full range of motion.
Equating the AbRoller to cardiac pain would be like equating 100 sit ups to constipation or diarrhea. Or (my favorite) equating women running to their uterus falling on the ground while running.

No ultrasound. I had an echo back in 2019 and a stress test.
This time was a nuclear stress test with the glow in the dark liquid injected with camera taking before/after the stress test for blockage.
I am still throwing PVCs, which I think is why the Coreg dosage was increased.

ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:31 am

ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:I, for one, am fine with being critical. StirPot

The affraid AbRoller affraid theory is a fun one, and it it turns out to be correct, I will expect a reasonable copay for my physiological services (fudge accepted).

Buuuuut... the fact that this happens at about the same amount of time in, at about the same intensity makes me wonder. Is this just pain, or do you also experience shortness of breath at the same time? Perspiration (more than normal)? Any other weird feelings? And what happens when you stop exercising? Does the pain go away right away? OR does it linger for a time? If so, how long? If it's a pulled muscle, I'd imagine it'd hurt longer with a lingering soreness, and you might be able to replicate it by taking a bunch of deep, fast breaths. Or jumping up and down. 

In all the studies they gave you, have they given you an ultrasound yet? It'd be interesting to see what that ticker is doing while it's doing that thing it does so well. Especially if you've been on a TM in a doctor's office. (I've had a stress ultrasound. It was cool.) And to know what's going on around said ticker, well, that'd be good to know, too.
So, I will answer your questions as "pre-hospital/post-hospital" in relation to actually running.
Pain/pain
No/no
No/no
Relief that I'm close to home/if I end with no pain, then just tour average recovery.
It took a 1/4 mile of walking home for the pain to subside/stops within 60 seconds.
It's not a pulled muscle, nor excessive blood in the muscle, because there's zero stiffness nor lack of full range of motion.
Equating the AbRoller to cardiac pain would be like equating 100 sit ups to constipation or diarrhea.  Or (my favorite) equating women running to their uterus falling on the ground while running.

No ultrasound.  I had an echo back in 2019 and a stress test.
This time was a nuclear stress test with the glow in the dark liquid injected with camera taking before/after the stress test for blockage.
I am still throwing PVCs, which I think is why the Coreg dosage was increased.

Ah yes, I mean echocardiogram. Seems like, if a blockage isn't the issue, something else is. 

I had PVCs out the wazoo when I had dengue fever a lifetime ago in Thailand, and while they're not harmful on their own, they're pretty distracting. 

I wasn't thinking a big muscle pull, BTW, it was more wondering about the stresses the AbRoller might put on the skeletal structure. It'll be interesting to hear what the cardiologist thinks.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:15 pm

So, why do you think the Shocked AbRoller Shocked  would cause stresses to the skeletal structure?  The below is your initial post on the Shocked AbRoller Shocked .

Wait a freakin' minute.

When you say AbRoller, do you mean one of these bad boys?

Term Limits? - Page 8 Screen21

Where you roll out, with all your weight supported on the axle as you extend your torso out?

To answer your question, No, ALL of my weight is not supported on the axle.  That would be like a person upside down on a unicycle.  I would say from the waist up or maybe the bottom of the ribs plus the gut muscles are on the Shocked AbRoller Shocked .

-30-

This morning, it was 42 degrees with a 5 mph east wind.  Not much of a breeze when I run through the burbs because of the houses and bushes, but it's noticeable at Memorial Park on every side except the west part of the loop.  Today's diabolical scheme is to repeat the prior two runs of:
3 minute casual walking pace, 3 minutes enhanced walking pace, then 3-something miles running at a pace I can maintain until such time as the angina becomes worthy of walking, until the pain abates (if it does), then re-start running.

As a review, the 1st run, Thursday, Dec 10, went well and I had 6 times, spread out almost evenly, where I had to stop and walk due to pain.
The 2nd run, Saturday, Dec 12, went better and I stopped 5 times, all in the last 16 minutes.
Today, the 3rd run.  No stops.  No pain.  I only hit the Lap button 2 times:  once for the end of the 6 minute walking and once at the end of the run.

3.78 miles, 51:10, 13:32 pace, 130 avg bpm, 144 max bpm, 160 avg cadence, 0.73 avg stride length
1.  6:04 walking, 18:30 pace, 0.33 miles
2. 45:06 running, 13:04 pace, 3.45 miles
split as:
2a.  13:09, 134 bpm,
2b.  12:51, 137 bpm,
2c.  12:46 pace, 139 bpm

HR zones
Term Limits? - Page 8 3kLcQZYT0sCqva3rYYucBP2EThr28uwvkFUZoYTgBeYURWhhOQF5hhBaGE5BXGKGF4QTkFUZoYTgBeYURWhhOID0MxAJ5gVggLxAL5AVigbxALJAXiAXyArFAXiAWyAvEAnmBWP4HmuUGF9+FkUQAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Obviously, I'm tickled.  The only hump in the HR was after 24 minutes and is the incline on the trail.  I imagine that if I ran the trail more, that I would flatten out that incline's effect on the HR.

Tomorrow afternoon, I get to see the doc and take him my data.  He'll probably be thinking No No .

Mark, here's a link to an Shocked AbRoller Shocked tutorial from Minus The Gym.  It's a good video because I saw another video on what NOT to do with an Shocked AbRoller Shocked .  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZCoAbI7uX0
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:16 pm

Chart on the Dec 15 run.
Term Limits? - Page 8 V37uHv37rLnVXp+IiIiWp5isSFHwtzcHObm5jA7O+vm3r17WOnfvXv3lpxfvhzGBxERkbr8Pws1Rpi2kaRQAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Term Limits? - Page 8 Q8MbSQuRkVamAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:34 am

The main reason I find the Dead AbRoller Dead a little suspect is that...

It seems to me that the onset of your symptoms seems to correlate with the use of the Dead AbRoller Dead.

If that's not correct, and you either had been using the Dead AbRoller Dead for some time prior to the onset of your symptoms, then I agree that there doesn't seem to be a compelling reason to think it may be related. Which means is something with your ticker, probably.

BUT... if you had been going Ride with the Dead AbRoller Dead just prior to suddenly developing pain in your chestal region, and you didn't ever have any feeling like this before using the (you get the idea), well, it's suspicious.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:48 am

Very pleased to hear that you made it through your 3 mile run without any chest pain requiring a rest/reset. cheers

I share Mark's curiosity concerning the AbRoller as it does seem that you had only been using it for a few times before the onset of your symptoms...and you had been running very successfully prior to that.  Who knows...I certainly don't.

I will say that I would want to figure out exactly what was causing the symptoms and would insist on a second opinion if the doctor just dismissed it as angina from an unidentified cause.

Congrats on the successful run!  Let us know what the Doc has to say.

Stay safe...
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:58 pm

The appointment was pushed out 2 weeks because someone I know tested positive for Covid and I didn't want to pass it along at the doctor's office. I don't think I am positive because he was negative the day before (9th) and the day after I saw him last (11th), but was positive on the 14th (Monday). I went and got a test yesterday. I have no symptoms. I expect a negative.

But I did go to the gym, this morning. It all went well, but I ran out of time before I could do the AbRoller. I don't think the AbRoller has caused anything because I was using it before Thanksgiving and my running HR didn't increase by 20 bpm per mile until the week after Thanksgiving.

I think an overuse strain would have occurred before anything cardiac or skeletal. Since I've been lifting for just over a year, my muscles are not new to lifting. Had this been day 1 of lifting AND using the AbRoller, then I could see an overuse strain, but still no bone fracture, nor angina. With my aversion to pain, the AbRoller would never have been on a day 1 workout.

I thank y'all.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:38 pm

ounce wrote:The appointment was pushed out 2 weeks because someone I know tested positive for Covid and I didn't want to pass it along at the doctor's office.  I don't think I am positive because he was negative the day before (9th) and the day after I saw him last (11th), but was positive on the 14th (Monday).  I went and got a test yesterday.  I have no symptoms.  I expect a negative.  

But I did go to the gym, this morning.  It all went well, but I ran out of time before I could do the AbRoller.  I don't think the AbRoller has caused anything because I was using it before Thanksgiving and my running HR didn't increase by 20 bpm per mile until the week after Thanksgiving.

I think an overuse strain would have occurred before anything cardiac or skeletal.  Since I've been lifting for just over a year, my muscles are not new to lifting.  Had this been day 1 of lifting AND using the AbRoller, then I could see an overuse strain, but still no bone fracture, nor angina.  With my aversion to pain, the AbRoller would never have been on a day 1 workout.

I thank y'all.
What!  Two weeks!  So we all get to worry about you for two more weeks.  Wink

Probably a considerate decision.  The last thing we need are more health care workers infected.  Although it does sound like you're pretty safe.  Obviously you feel safe enough to continue to visit the gym.

Hope it turns out to be an unnecessary precaution.  Take care and stay safe.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:22 am

nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:The appointment was pushed out 2 weeks because someone I know tested positive for Covid and I didn't want to pass it along at the doctor's office.  I don't think I am positive because he was negative the day before (9th) and the day after I saw him last (11th), but was positive on the 14th (Monday).  I went and got a test yesterday.  I have no symptoms.  I expect a negative.  

But I did go to the gym, this morning.  It all went well, but I ran out of time before I could do the AbRoller.  I don't think the AbRoller has caused anything because I was using it before Thanksgiving and my running HR didn't increase by 20 bpm per mile until the week after Thanksgiving.

I think an overuse strain would have occurred before anything cardiac or skeletal.  Since I've been lifting for just over a year, my muscles are not new to lifting.  Had this been day 1 of lifting AND using the AbRoller, then I could see an overuse strain, but still no bone fracture, nor angina.  With my aversion to pain, the AbRoller would never have been on a day 1 workout.

I thank y'all.

Probably a considerate decision.  The last thing we need are more health care workers infected.  Although it does sound like you're pretty safe.  Obviously you feel safe enough to continue to visit the gym.

This won't do any good saying this, BUT it's a waste of time to worry about me. 

I drowned y'all with information, last week, just to NOT worry about me.  I try to tailor my words in a calm, ain't nuffin wrong tone because, even if there's something wrong, there ain't nuffin wrong.  I'm not saying that I hide stuff, I'm saying it's not a big deal.

Anywho, I won't run tomorrow.  By golly, it'll be 33 degrees out there!  So, Friday morning and I'll run my usual route.  I'll do the warmup walking, then off I go to run....some distance greater than 3.  Maybe 5.  Depends on how the ticker feels.  And it BETTER feel GREAT!!!  After all, I have a marathon to run on January 10, weather permitting.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:49 pm

ounce wrote:
nkrichards wrote:

I thank y'all.

I drowned y'all with information, last week, just to NOT worry about me.  I try to tailor my words in a calm, ain't nuffin wrong tone because, even if there's something wrong, there ain't nuffin wrong.  I'm not saying that I hide stuff, I'm saying it's not a big deal.

Anywho, I won't run tomorrow.  By golly, it'll be 33 degrees out there!  So, Friday morning and I'll run my usual route.  I'll do the warmup walking, then off I go to run....some distance greater than 3.  Maybe 5.  Depends on how the ticker feels.  And it BETTER feel GREAT!!!  After all, I have a marathon to run on January 10, weather permitting.
OK...here's the deal Doug.  I won't worry about you as long as you agree to continue to share information.  I think it's valuable information for all of us.  And I do think that you're responsible enough to make decisions for yourself.  We actually don't worry about you...we just want to make sure you think we care.  Twisted Evil

Have a GREAT run...you've got a marathon to train for.  Running Running
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Michele "1L" Keane likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:47 pm

nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:
nkrichards wrote:

I thank y'all.

OK...here's the deal Doug.  I won't worry about you as long as you agree to continue to share information.  I think it's valuable information for all of us.  And I do think that you're responsible enough to make decisions for yourself.  We actually don't worry about you...we just want to make sure you think we care.  Twisted Evil

Have a GREAT run...you've got a marathon to train for.  Running Running
Whew!  THAT was a close one.  Thanks, Nancy.

-30-

It was 39 degrees, this morning, with no wind.  I ran 5 miles without a hitch, except for stopping twice to pee.  No muss.  No fuss.  I did the 2-3 minute walking warmups, then headed off.  Pace was okay, but nice considering the circumstances.

1:16:28, 5.33 miles, 126 avg bpm, 141 max bpm, 160 avg cadence, 72 avg stride length
1.  14:35, 119 bpm, 160 spm, 69 sl
2.  13:54, 127 bpm, 160 spm, 72 sl
3.  14:03, 127 bpm, 159 spm, 72 sl
4.  13:50, 130 bpm, 159 spm, 73 sl
5.  13:30, 133 bpm, 160 spm, 74 sl

HR zones
Term Limits? - Page 8 9pCHTOdy14xY54m9wCZ9XLENzL7oOXSIrO+Q0IHoll2AdPSJbf506fTEqbVd+N4BWxCQ4kCK4fCK4IbpkkAsEVwS2TRCC4IrhlkggEVwS3TBKB4IrglkkiEFwR3DJJBF31QDUQHKgGggPVQHCgGggOVAPBgWogOFANBAeqgeBANRAcqAaCA9X8DwJCFNSGS8MbAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Term Limits? - Page 8 7AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

The data seems like ol' times, again.  The total walking and running was either 5.29 or 5.33 miles.  Guess I won't be able to run 18 on Dec 27.  Going to have to figure out some method to run and walk 26.2 miles.  I have lots of time to get a plan or two together.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  KBFitz Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:26 am

I can't make heads or tails about anybody's (including your) posts in your blog since early December. But ...if your having chest pains ...the deep aches that arise when you're under stress (running or lifting) that recur and don't get better, then you should get yourself immediately to your cardiologist. I presume you know this and you know the difference between a muscle pull piercing pain and the deep ache I'm talking about. I can't tell if you mentioned anything like chest pains in your mentions of ab roller, etc., due to the amount of back-and-forth, but if you have any of that deep ache that doesn't get better, you know what to do. It's a wild world out there -- stay safe.

Get out there and see the grand conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn after sunset in the SW skies tonight and for the next few evenings.

Merry Christmas santa 
KBFitz
KBFitz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:21 pm

The data seems like ol' times, again.  The total walking and running was either 5.29 or 5.33 miles.  Guess I won't be able to run 18 on Dec 27.  Going to have to figure out some method to run and walk 26.2 miles.  I have lots of time to get a plan or two together.

Well it's good to see that your run went well and that the data is looking more like it was a few weeks ago.  I understand the desire to complete the 26.2 as planned due to the opportunity to get credit for completing an official marathon with no time limit.  I'm very pleased to see that you are looking at plans to complete it as a run/walk.

santa
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:13 pm

KBFitz wrote:I can't make heads or tails about anybody's (including your) posts in your blog since early December. But ...if your having chest pains ...the deep aches that arise when you're under stress (running or lifting) that recur and don't get better, then you should get yourself immediately to your cardiologist. I presume you know this and you know the difference between a muscle pull piercing pain and the deep ache I'm talking about. I can't tell if you mentioned anything like chest pains in your mentions of ab roller, etc., due to the amount of back-and-forth, but if you have any of that deep ache that doesn't get better, you know what to do. It's a wild world out there -- stay safe.

Get out there and see the grand conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn after sunset in the SW skies tonight and for the next few evenings.

Merry Christmas santa 
Thanks, Kevin. Yes, my pain was running related. I haven't had any lifting related heart pain, this year. Mark and Miche1e suspect the AbRoller can cause bad things.

You have a good Christmas, too, Mayor. I wasn't able to see the Conjunction.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:30 pm

nkrichards wrote:The data seems like ol' times, again.  The total walking and running was either 5.29 or 5.33 miles.  Guess I won't be able to run 18 on Dec 27.  Going to have to figure out some method to run and walk 26.2 miles.  I have lots of time to get a plan or two together.

Well it's good to see that your run went well and that the data is looking more like it was a few weeks ago.  I understand the desire to complete the 26.2 as planned due to the opportunity to get credit for completing an official marathon with no time limit.  I'm very pleased to see that you are looking at plans to complete it as a run/walk.

santa

Thanks, Nancy. Yeah, that 5 miles was really cool!

You may remember that I characterized my angina as 'idiopathic meaning "uh, I dunno." I was talking to a buddy who has a lot more heart knowledge than I do, even for not being a doctor. He said there's no such thing as idiopathic angina. There is always a cause for angina.

If you happen to chat with your Dr. B, you might ask about angina and there's always a cause, please. I hope to be prowling for a doc, until I find one.

As far as running on the 27th, I'm considering running 12 without much concern for pace, meaning 14-15:59 pace. I can run 12 within a 4 mile radius, which is a whole lot better than a 6 mile out 'n back from a 'need to crawl back home' scenario.

For the marathon, I would expand the radius to 6 miles, if the 4 mile radius run on the 27th goes well. I could knock out 20 miles in a 6 mile radius, but need to confirm one of the side street's distance.

My original plan was to run a 9 mile out 'n back, then 8.2 to Memorial Park and back.

How things change. And will change.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:03 pm

ounce wrote:
nkrichards wrote:The data seems like ol' times, again.  The total walking and running was either 5.29 or 5.33 miles.  Guess I won't be able to run 18 on Dec 27.  Going to have to figure out some method to run and walk 26.2 miles.  I have lots of time to get a plan or two together.

santa

Thanks, Nancy.  Yeah, that 5 miles was really cool!

You may remember that I characterized my angina as 'idiopathic meaning "uh, I dunno."  I was talking to a buddy who has a lot more heart knowledge than I do, even for not being a doctor.  He said there's no such thing as idiopathic angina.  There is always a cause for angina.  

If you happen to chat with your Dr. B, you might ask about angina and there's always a cause, please.  I hope to be prowling for a doc, until I find one.

As far as running on the 27th, I'm considering running 12 without much concern for pace, meaning 14-15:59 pace.  I can run 12 within a 4 mile radius, which is a whole lot better than a 6 mile out 'n back from a 'need to crawl back home' scenario.

For the marathon, I would expand the radius to 6 miles, if the 4 mile radius run on the 27th goes well.  I could knock out 20 miles in a 6 mile radius, but need to confirm one of the side street's distance.

My original plan was to run a 9 mile out 'n back, then 8.2 to Memorial Park and back.

How things change.  And will change.
I agree with your friend.  If the definition of angina is chest pain caused by insufficient blood flow to the heart muscle...I'm paraphasing...then there has to be a reason why there is insufficient blood flow to the heart.  I don't understand the reasoning behind just treating the symptom without at least diagnosing the cause.  Maybe once the cause is known then the decision might be to just treat the symptom but an unknown cause is unacceptable to me.

I wasn't able to get in to see Dr. B until mid-summer this year and I only go in once a year so it will be several months before I see him again.  It is a great question though.  I'm just as curious as you are.

I like your plan to do smaller loops closer to home.  That's pretty much how I do my training any more...unless I'm running with Janice.  I feel more comfortable knowing that I'm close to home, Marty knows my route, and I know that the neighbors would lend a helping hand if I needed it.

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas. santa  Happy Running. Running
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:36 pm

Thanks, Nancy.  Part of me is wondering if I'm biting off too much in the 12.  But the practical side of me is saying that I have to know how far I can run, so I can ready my mind for the walking part of the race.  Note that I'm not concerned about the heart because the pain won't be so bad that it won't stop, if I stop first.  That's my working theory, anyway.

50 degrees on Sunday morning.  34 degrees on Christmas morning. 

Merry Christmas, y'all.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:32 pm

Hope the run goes well tomorrow.  Stay safe AND remember to have fun.  That's what this is all about isn't it.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:28 am

12 miles in the books. Zero heart pain. 14:37 pace. Probably a 140 bpm average. "Probably?," you ask.

Wellll, the Polar would not go into recording the run mode. Pissed me off. So the Garmin had to go solo. It surprised me that the battery lasted the whole time.

I used the chirper to get an idea of HR. Set the number at 140 and was right +/- 2 or so.

Is there bad news? Yyyeah. I fell down, go boom. Remember when I fell down and had this huge knot on my left forearm back in the Spring?

Right forearm, this time. At just three-tenths into the run. Pretty much a non-bleeder, but, ohhhh is there a knot! No lifting with the arm until the bleeding stops internally. No baby aspirin for a couple of days, either.

Will post the figures later.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:42 am

ounce wrote:12 miles in the books. Zero heart pain.  14:37 pace.  Probably a 140 bpm average.  "Probably?," you ask.

Wellll, the Polar would not go into recording the run mode.  Pissed me off.  So the Garmin had to go solo.  It surprised me that the battery lasted the whole time.

I used the chirper to get an idea of HR.  Set the number at 140 and was right +/- 2 or so.

Is there bad news?  Yyyeah.  I fell down, go boom.  Remember when I fell down and had this huge knot on my left forearm back in the Spring?

Right forearm, this time.  At just three-tenths into the run.  Pretty much a non-bleeder, but, ohhhh is there a knot!  No lifting with the arm until the bleeding stops internally.  No baby aspirin for a couple of days, either.

Woohoo on the run without heart pain!! cheers

Oh no on the fall!!  What a Face  Hope it heals up quickly without to much bruising.

Congrats on a nice run.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:49 pm

nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:12 miles in the books. Zero heart pain.  14:37 pace.  Probably a 140 bpm average.  "Probably?," you ask.

Wellll, the Polar would not go into recording the run mode.  Pissed me off.  So the Garmin had to go solo.  It surprised me that the battery lasted the whole time.

I used the chirper to get an idea of HR.  Set the number at 140 and was right +/- 2 or so.

Is there bad news?  Yyyeah.  I fell down, go boom.  Remember when I fell down and had this huge knot on my left forearm back in the Spring?

Right forearm, this time.  At just three-tenths into the run.  Pretty much a non-bleeder, but, ohhhh is there a knot!  No lifting with the arm until the bleeding stops internally.  No baby aspirin for a couple of days, either.

Woohoo on the run without heart pain!! cheers

Oh no on the fall!!  What a Face  Hope it heals up quickly without to much bruising.

Congrats on a nice run.
thank you, thank you.  The last mile was difficult, but was countered by 'it's the last mile!'

The right forearm bruise has grown larger, but I can't help be believe that cutting out the baby aspirin will make the bruising smaller  The left forearm bruise earlier in the year waited 3 days before cutting out the baby aspirin.  So, we'll see.

Regarding my Polar's no-show for the run, I looked for any software updates, but Polar's website is more geared for sales than service after the sale.  So, I took a shot at bringing up the software on my laptop and plugged in the Polar to it's charging cable.  MAYBE having not synced with the laptop caused the watch to pout.  DING!  It's working now.

It was 55 degrees with a cool south breeze, which is rather unusual but welcome.  I tweaked the course, this morning, by running 1 mile east and 3 miles west.  That worked well.  And the 2 mile north to south, then back 2 miles was a wonderfully & recently made sidewalk.  And the kind of 2 miles that Miche1e would hate.  99% flat.

12 miles, 2:55:26, 14:37 pace, ~140 avg bpm, 154 avg cadence, 0.71 m avg stride length
1.  13:58, 161 spm, 72 sl
2.  14:26, 160 spm, 70 sl
3.  14:12, 160 spm, 71 sl
4.  14:28, 160 spm, 70 sl
5.  14:16, 158 spm, 71 sl
6.  14:22, 157 spm, 71 sl
7.  14:29, 153 spm, 73 sl
8.  14:52, 150 spm, 72 sl
9.  14:52, 150 spm, 72 sl
10. 14:43, 150 spm, 73 sl
11. 12:55, 149 spm, 84 sl  (LOL!!)  No way.
12. 15:21, 147 spm, 71 sl

Term Limits? - Page 8 X9Bmo7Dqxn7EgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

So, a couple of things that could make the next long run (the marathon) better.
1.  cooler weather
2.  bringing some food for mile 7.  Was getting a little wanting of food.
3.  figuring out my route and where to place food & water.
4.  consider a 5 mile run/1 mile walk game plan.
5.  bring out new shoes.

Both pairs of shoes are so used up.  I mean REALLY used up.  So used up that they won't even become 'tennis shoes' for pedestrian travels.  During the last mile, my left, baby toe metatarsal was beginning to ache.  That happened at mile 12...not even halfway through a marathon.

So, I'll break in a new pair.  Now for my 2 week taper.  If the weather is decent, I'll run it 2 weeks from today.  If not, 3 weeks from today.

Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy this week, too.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:40 am

I have four updates, complete with one visual aid (Show 'n Tell day).

Overall, I woke up still kinda tired with a stuffy head (not unusual post run), a tight, right hip flexor which is actually a bruise from the point of contact with the concrete, and finally (no photo) an advancing bruise marching towards the top of my wrist on the forearm.

On the last forearm bruise, the baby aspirin caused a dripping of blood, internally, with a bruise under the forearm AND on top of the forearm. So far today, just the top. I will probably restart the aspirin and Plavix, tomorrow.

The photo is of the retired Kinvara 9 on the left and the new Kinvara 10 on the right. Please note the disappearing heel, the shadow from the disappearing heel, and the angle of the vertical seam on the old shoe versus the new.

I got my money's worth. Now to see if the photo uploads.

ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:42 am

Term Limits? - Page 8 20201211
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:14 pm

It was definitely time to retire those shoes.  Shocked  Make sure you get a few miles on the new pair before the marathon.  I'm confident that's your plan.

Hope the bruising isn't getting worse.  You should have time for it to heal before the marathon.

Kind of hard to tell if your aches and pains are from the 12 mile run or the fall...probably a combination of both.  At any rate...take care of yourself.

Enjoy your taper.   What a Face bounce bounce bounce bounce geek geek
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:56 pm

Ground zero impact point is the head of the radius (the other elbow bone). Tonight, I actually took a pen and drew the outline of the bruise area to see the change overnight. The bruise on top of the forearm is already halfway to the wrist, but nothing on the bottom of the forearm, yet. So, the dripping has probably stopped, internally.

Since you wrote about my new shoes, I have some material for my first Taper Maaaaadness post.

I'll probably run in the morning, just to keep the forearm from leaking. No freezing fog for us. 60 degrees. 30 degrees on New Years morning. Thanks, Nancy.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next