Welcome to the I-Team (formerly 365Runners)
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to my Natal State

+3
Julie
mountandog
Michele "1L" Keane
7 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Back to my Natal State - Page 10 Empty Re: Back to my Natal State

Post  ounce Sun May 19, 2024 4:34 pm

Julie wrote:Thank you! I've thought about posting here and haven't made the time. Will try to update better over the  summer.

We had a wonderful time in Italy. It was all great. We did have pasta (I can't eat gluten and they did have good gluten free pasta). The natural beauty, history, and art were all wonderful. I'm so glad we had the opportunity to go.

I had both vein ablations. My left leg, which had the surgery 3.5 weeks ago, is healing pretty well. My right leg which had the surgery a week ago this Tues, is still pretty bruised and some numbness and also nerve pain (which is a new one for me). And yesterday I slipped walking down a hill and twisted my right knee (which has already been hurting since Feb). So that is discouraging.

I have a PT appointment with my friend Tiffany day after Memorial Day. Hoping to get back to running soon. I did run up to 1.5 miles off and on mixed in with 4.8 total, mostly walking, yesterday before I fell. But my knee injury and nerve pain are not helping. 

I will definitely not be running in any organized event this year. I need to focus on getting better from this injury and getting better about strengthening my hips which is a big reason I keep getting injured knees. And definitely work on eating less!

Oh, and grandma getting into assisted living or another facility is not going well. It's been a big stressful thing for my mom (her daughter in law). Nobody wants to take someone who doesn't have money, and medicaid places still want 2 years paid in advance, and then after those 2 years, there's no guarantee they'll have a medicaid bed. Her income is low and her only asset is her not-worth-very-much house, so that will have to get sold but still need a place with a bed. So she's still at the rehab place. I think she has another week there? Anyway, we did visit her 2 weeks ago. She is doing Ok but definitely more forgetful and she looked much more frail than I'm used to seeing her.

Boy, I thought Texas was bad regarding people needing a medicaid bed in a skilled nursing facility. Knowing the process in Texas, I am sad to hear how it is for your grandma. I hope your mom knows a good lawyer that more than knows the process there.

Boy x 2, now you're getting all beat up. May I suggest that a seizure med, Neurontin (gabapentin) is used for peripheral neuropathy, too. It's given for that tingling/burning in the hands or feet. Run it past your doc or even Tiffany to get her take on it.

So very glad you led off with the trip to Italy! Glad you had a great time. Hope the youngins are doing well. Is your oldest still running?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue May 21, 2024 11:40 am

ounce wrote:
Julie wrote:Thank you! I've thought about posting here and haven't made the time. Will try to update better over the  summer.

We had a wonderful time in Italy. It was all great. We did have pasta (I can't eat gluten and they did have good gluten free pasta). The natural beauty, history, and art were all wonderful. I'm so glad we had the opportunity to go.

I had both vein ablations. My left leg, which had the surgery 3.5 weeks ago, is healing pretty well. My right leg which had the surgery a week ago this Tues, is still pretty bruised and some numbness and also nerve pain (which is a new one for me). And yesterday I slipped walking down a hill and twisted my right knee (which has already been hurting since Feb). So that is discouraging.

I have a PT appointment with my friend Tiffany day after Memorial Day. Hoping to get back to running soon. I did run up to 1.5 miles off and on mixed in with 4.8 total, mostly walking, yesterday before I fell. But my knee injury and nerve pain are not helping. 

I will definitely not be running in any organized event this year. I need to focus on getting better from this injury and getting better about strengthening my hips which is a big reason I keep getting injured knees. And definitely work on eating less!

Oh, and grandma getting into assisted living or another facility is not going well. It's been a big stressful thing for my mom (her daughter in law). Nobody wants to take someone who doesn't have money, and medicaid places still want 2 years paid in advance, and then after those 2 years, there's no guarantee they'll have a medicaid bed. Her income is low and her only asset is her not-worth-very-much house, so that will have to get sold but still need a place with a bed. So she's still at the rehab place. I think she has another week there? Anyway, we did visit her 2 weeks ago. She is doing Ok but definitely more forgetful and she looked much more frail than I'm used to seeing her.

Boy, I thought Texas was bad regarding people needing a medicaid bed in a skilled nursing facility.  Knowing the process in Texas, I am sad to hear how it is for your grandma.  I hope your mom knows a good lawyer that more than knows the process there.  

Boy x 2, now you're getting all beat up.  May I suggest that a seizure med, Neurontin (gabapentin) is used for peripheral neuropathy, too.  It's given for that tingling/burning in the hands or feet.  Run it past your doc or even Tiffany to get her take on it.

So very glad you led off with the trip to Italy!  Glad you had a great time.  Hope the youngins are doing well.  Is your oldest still running?

Thanks, Doug. I think there are just few beds for medicaid. I am aware that facilities lose money on Medicaid patients and can only afford to take a certain number. No word on if they found anything yesterday.
I have patients who are on Neurontin. I think I'll just deal with the pain for now. My follow up appointment with the interventional radiololgist is in 2 weeks and I guess I am reluctant enough to take meds if I don't need them that I am OK with just waiting and dealing with the pain and numbness.
Jocelyn isn't running right now. She's been walking with me fairly regularly. But she doesn't run alone (I don't really feel like I should encourage that but maybe I'm being a mother hen) and I haven't been able to run with her. But I suggested she run on the trail while I walk and we'd see each other every so often and that sounded appealing to her. We're just warming up a bit so afternoon running isn't quite as appealing right now.
Right knee still hurts a bunch. I tried to run just a few steps today, mostly when crossing streets, and it was very uncomfortable and kinda hobbling. 
Maybe next year will be my year for running!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Wed May 29, 2024 10:12 am

Julie wrote:
ounce wrote:

Boy, I thought Texas was bad regarding people needing a medicaid bed in a skilled nursing facility.  Knowing the process in Texas, I am sad to hear how it is for your grandma.  I hope your mom knows a good lawyer that more than knows the process there.  

Boy x 2, now you're getting all beat up.  May I suggest that a seizure med, Neurontin (gabapentin) is used for peripheral neuropathy, too.  It's given for that tingling/burning in the hands or feet.  Run it past your doc or even Tiffany to get her take on it.

So very glad you led off with the trip to Italy!  Glad you had a great time.  Hope the youngins are doing well.  Is your oldest still running?

Thanks, Doug. I think there are just few beds for medicaid. I am aware that facilities lose money on Medicaid patients and can only afford to take a certain number. No word on if they found anything yesterday.
I have patients who are on Neurontin. I think I'll just deal with the pain for now. My follow up appointment with the interventional radiololgist is in 2 weeks and I guess I am reluctant enough to take meds if I don't need them that I am OK with just waiting and dealing with the pain and numbness.
Jocelyn isn't running right now. She's been walking with me fairly regularly. But she doesn't run alone (I don't really feel like I should encourage that but maybe I'm being a mother hen) and I haven't been able to run with her. But I suggested she run on the trail while I walk and we'd see each other every so often and that sounded appealing to her. We're just warming up a bit so afternoon running isn't quite as appealing right now.
Right knee still hurts a bunch. I tried to run just a few steps today, mostly when crossing streets, and it was very uncomfortable and kinda hobbling. 
Maybe next year will be my year for running!
Hey Julie, great to hear from you.  
I've been a bit slow to respond so I'm hoping you are feeling better and that you've been able to get Gramma settled in somewhere by now.

Glad you enjoyed your trip.  What special memories!

Hope to hear that you and Jocelyn are out running together soon but if not I'm sure you'll adapt and figure out something fun to do with her and the rest of the family.

Stay safe and have a great summer.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:54 pm

Yes, thank you Nancy. My grandma got moved to a nice memory care facility and her house is on the market.

I had surgery yesterday - 74 incisions (!) removing twisty/painful/varicose veins in my right leg. Left leg scheduled for the 28th. 

I'm plugging away with physical therapy but kinda have a set back with this surgery since it's hard to do exercises with the vein pain, but it's for a good cause.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10