365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to my Natal State

+3
Julie
mountandog
Michele "1L" Keane
7 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Back to my Natal State - Page 6 Empty Re: Back to my Natal State

Post  nkrichards Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:25 pm

Julie wrote:Thanks Nancy! 
I ended up stopping at a local camera store and they were very helpful. They have a sale coming up on Panasonic cameras in a few weeks so he asked me to come back when he can give me the rebate  discount.

Yes, I'm very glad my kids are getting into 4H. I'm also glad they'll have a whole year to get ready for next year's fair instead of the 6 weeks we had this year since we only signed up in June.

So I ran 24 miles this morning. I worked the last 2 days and then when I got home I had to help get food out of our quite large upright freezer (which was full) because it quit working. Thankful we caught it before we lost any food and I have a couple of friends who were able to store food in their freezers. So I was up late shuffling food around, seeing how much I could fit in the other freezers (just one other upright and we have two fridge/freezer combos). Anyway I was exhausted and had my alarm set for 4:00, finally got up at 4:10 and started running just before 4:45. It shouldn't have taken me that long to get out the door but I was definitely moving slowly. I ran a 5 mile loop, stopped at home for bathroom break and water refill. Then I ran 8 miles, stopped at home for water and 3 rice cakes with jam and a little pb , trying to experiment with food, and took an s-cap. Then my husband biked 10 miles with me. We had about a mile before home when he called Jocelyn and asked her to help the little kids get ready for church, he biked off as fast as he could and showered quickly to take them all to church and I stayed home and streamed it while I sat on the couch eating cornflakes with milk and chocolate chips.

Overall the run went well. My left knee and shin started hurting the last two miles but I stopped to stretch and did OK. I did take generous walking breaks but overall did OK.

And I signed up for the 50K this afternoon! I knew I'd be really disappointed if it filled up after 13 weeks of training. So far I've followed the plan and am happy with how it's going.

It's weird to think if I had run 2 more miles I could have gotten a marathon medal and shirt. Smile
Nice effort under less than ideal conditions!  I'm impressed.  Practice with food is pretty important so it's good to see you making it a priority.  Cornflakes with chocolate chips on the couch while streaming church sounds like an excellent choice!!!

Good luck with the rest of your training.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:42 pm

Hey Julie -  good to see you back here (and as you can see I've been a bit of a stranger too).  I ran a 50K back in December and for what it is worth, I didn't run a run over 20 miles, but I did do several back to back long runs - like 18 then 13 or 20 then 14, and I was absolutely fine.  I ran the 50K at training pace as I had no idea what to expect (I ran a trail 50K once back when I just 40 but that was 19 yrs ago) and it went well.  So no stressing as you've got this.   

And if you have not run a race yet in Georgia, you are always welcome.  Atlanta is quite hilly though as our Atlanta Marathon is the last weekend of February/first week of March.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:55 pm

Thank you Nancy!

Thank you Michele - yeah, I'm not too worried about getting the really long runs in, but if I can, I am just following the plan from the Relentless Forward Progress book for peaking at 50 miles/week. 
I'd love to come to GA! I have not run GA, the only southern state I've run is Florida and that's just because I went to college there and still have friends there I stayed with. 

I just have a few minutes but I'm doing fine. I ran 18+10 2 weekends ago and then 14 + 10 this past weekend, actually yesterday and today since I worked Fri/Sat at the hospital and can't really run before I work. My left knee is a little tweaky but that's my weak point, and my foot is sometimes sore but I'm very careful to ice after every run and deep massage with the spoon every night.

This coming Saturday I have a 26 mile training run scheduled. It should be in the 90s, too, for the high. So I'm hoping I can sleep well Friday and get up at 4 or around there . I'll run what I can with my friends then run home and ask my husband to bike the rest with me.

Yesterday was interesting. I ran 5 miles solo, 1 mile with Noah, who is 8 and really wanted to run with me, and then the last 8 miles with my husband biking alongside. I definitely feel safer on the trails with him and only rarely will run the trails solo. Plus he can carry extra water for me. 

I'll try to update after Saturday's long run, hoping my knee holds up!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:45 pm

Julie wrote:Thank you Nancy!

Thank you Michele - yeah, I'm not too worried about getting the really long runs in, but if I can, I am just following the plan from the Relentless Forward Progress book for peaking at 50 miles/week. 
I'd love to come to GA! I have not run GA, the only southern state I've run is Florida and that's just because I went to college there and still have friends there I stayed with. 

I just have a few minutes but I'm doing fine. I ran 18+10 2 weekends ago and then 14 + 10 this past weekend, actually yesterday and today since I worked Fri/Sat at the hospital and can't really run before I work. My left knee is a little tweaky but that's my weak point, and my foot is sometimes sore but I'm very careful to ice after every run and deep massage with the spoon every night.

This coming Saturday I have a 26 mile training run scheduled. It should be in the 90s, too, for the high. So I'm hoping I can sleep well Friday and get up at 4 or around there . I'll run what I can with my friends then run home and ask my husband to bike the rest with me.

Yesterday was interesting. I ran 5 miles solo, 1 mile with Noah, who is 8 and really wanted to run with me, and then the last 8 miles with my husband biking alongside. I definitely feel safer on the trails with him and only rarely will run the trails solo. Plus he can carry extra water for me. 

I'll try to update after Saturday's long run, hoping my knee holds up!
Sounds like the back to back long runs are a good training tool!  Good luck on the 26 miler...stay safe!

I think it's awesome that Noah wants to run with you and that you're able to do that with him.  Great role modeling and awesome memories!!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:40 pm

26 miles done. 79 at start and 89 and sunny and humid and finish. Humid at start too. I walked a lot miles 23 on but did what I could. I'm tired! But no real pain. Icing my foot now as I always do after a run.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

nkrichards likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:54 pm

I just haven't had time to post on other's blogs so I haven't wanted to update my own but just quickly I have 8 more days until my 50K and everything has gone fine. I had a 24 miler a few weeks ago, 20 miler right after getting back from a family trip (vacation?)   (we drove to the Black Hills, I was worried about our not-so-trusty van making it but we made it until we got home then needed a $261 new power steering hose and it has another appointment with the mechanic next Wed).  Anyway, I feel oddly ready. I will be slow,  and take ample walking breaks but do not feel injured. Anyway, I'll try to catch up on Sunday with everyone else's posts. Taper time!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:37 am

Julie wrote:I just haven't had time to post on other's blogs so I haven't wanted to update my own but just quickly I have 8 more days until my 50K and everything has gone fine. I had a 24 miler a few weeks ago, 20 miler right after getting back from a family trip (vacation?)   (we drove to the Black Hills, I was worried about our not-so-trusty van making it but we made it until we got home then needed a $261 new power steering hose and it has another appointment with the mechanic next Wed).  Anyway, I feel oddly ready. I will be slow,  and take ample walking breaks but do not feel injured. Anyway, I'll try to catch up on Sunday with everyone else's posts. Taper time!
Good to hear that you're feeling ready!  Enjoy the event...it's always more fun to run in an organized event.  Have fun and stay safe.

And don't feel bad about only checking in occasionally...we've all been pretty lax about posting here.  But we do enjoy hearing from you.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:08 pm

Thanks Nancy! 

It's  been an interesting taper. We are in a frost advisory tonight (33 forecasted) so I pulled out all the tomatoes and cut down the okra and I'm going to try over-wintering the peppers. I just learned that peppers are perennials so I'm going to try to keep them alive all winter indoors. I cut off all their leaves and am potting them. I know this isn't a gardening blog but I've really enjoyed it this year and have canned so much food for my family! I'm hoping I didn't hurt my knees while gardening today. I felt a little something but it's probably me over-thinking things.

My parents are planning to come tomorrow afternoon and stay over night until Saturday evening when my husband and I return. Race is Saturday morning and we have about a 1.5 hr drive to get there. We'll just drive up Saturday morning which is great because that means I can sleep in my own bed. Weather looks good, 40 for the low and mid-60s for high, a little breezy. It's out and back, sounds nice. I paid extra to have my packet mailed to me which was more than worth it since they didn't have race day pick up and it'd be way more than that in gas to drive that far, not to mention time. So I already have my bib and my list of things to pack/take. And beyond that, I trained and have done everything I can. I'm going to run 2 miles with Jocelyn in the morning and that's that. I'm excited to report back how it went. I'd be really disappointed if I got some terrible injury during the race but at this point I can't control that. But my 26 miler went fine and that was in the heat so it should be fine...I'm definitely over-thinking things but at the same time I'm so busy with the garden and homeschooling and also went into the hospital for work 4x last week (and turned down going in 3x this week). 

Thanks for checking in!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:03 pm

Julie wrote:Thanks Nancy! 

It's  been an interesting taper. We are in a frost advisory tonight (33 forecasted) so I pulled out all the tomatoes and cut down the okra and I'm going to try over-wintering the peppers. I just learned that peppers are perennials so I'm going to try to keep them alive all winter indoors. I cut off all their leaves and am potting them. I know this isn't a gardening blog but I've really enjoyed it this year and have canned so much food for my family! I'm hoping I didn't hurt my knees while gardening today. I felt a little something but it's probably me over-thinking things.

My parents are planning to come tomorrow afternoon and stay over night until Saturday evening when my husband and I return. Race is Saturday morning and we have about a 1.5 hr drive to get there. We'll just drive up Saturday morning which is great because that means I can sleep in my own bed. Weather looks good, 40 for the low and mid-60s for high, a little breezy. It's out and back, sounds nice. I paid extra to have my packet mailed to me which was more than worth it since they didn't have race day pick up and it'd be way more than that in gas to drive that far, not to mention time. So I already have my bib and my list of things to pack/take. And beyond that, I trained and have done everything I can. I'm going to run 2 miles with Jocelyn in the morning and that's that. I'm excited to report back how it went. I'd be really disappointed if I got some terrible injury during the race but at this point I can't control that. But my 26 miler went fine and that was in the heat so it should be fine...I'm definitely over-thinking things but at the same time I'm so busy with the garden and homeschooling and also went into the hospital for work 4x last week (and turned down going in 3x this week). 

Thanks for checking in!
You've been busy!  I also enjoy gardening and canning for the family. Smile

Have great race.  Don't overthink it...just enjoy it.  You're well prepared and the rest is out of your control. 

Have fun and let us know how it goes!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:14 pm

Finished the 50K in about 6:20 . It was really nice, beautiful fall scenery, all out and back on a trail that was mostly crushed limestone, a bit of pavement. The race co-director was so kind and walked my husband and me over to the food table after the end (right after the finish was a moderately busy paved street) and made sure I got a goodie bag. Volunteers were sweet, not a ton of people out there, I think about 50  - 50K runners. I will try to write a full report later but wanted to let you all know that I did finish, my knees held up. My one issue was feeling short of breath. I don't know if I was just tired but it almost felt like some sort of excitement component then again when I walked I felt fine. I guess I was just tired. My husband was a great support crew and my kids were safe at home with my dad watching over them. Thanks for the support here! I wanted to let you know it went well and I'm really happy.

edit: just received email with results - 06:21:08.491 
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:42 pm

Congratulations!  Excellent run - cannot wait to hear more about it.

Of course, I owe a race report myself for Boston - so we both have some homework.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:29 pm

Congrats!  Sounds like a really good day.  Isn't it fun to be racing again.

Looking forward to your race report.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:37 pm

Nice going on the race, Julie!  I hope your niggles have resolved themselves and that you enjoyed the pouncing, once you got home.  OOF! might be the phrase.  Looked like perfect weather, too.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:14 pm

Yes it was perfect weather other than the wind which the trail really diminished. I felt badly because the next day we had heavy thunderstorms and a local half marathon (In Lincoln) was cancelled after it had started. 
race report is up! Sorry if it's long-winded. I have a lot of random thoughts swirling around.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:04 pm

Just checking in briefly. I strained my hamstring a couple of weeks ago and again last week. I think I need to take more than a few days off to really rest it. Too bad but it could be worse. 

I just mentioned in my race report but I'm sort of thinking about a 40 miler race for my 40th birthday next June. Maybe? I have to find one. Kansas does have quite a few ultras and one of my running friends is thinking about a 50K for her 50th birthday in March so I might have some company for long runs, which would be nice. 

Other than that, we have yet to have measureable snow fall or any freezing rain or ice. Not complaining! Might get something this week but right now the roads are dry. I've had some nice 5 mile walks with Jocelyn on the days I haven't been able to run.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:05 pm

Julie wrote:Just checking in briefly. I strained my hamstring a couple of weeks ago and again last week. I think I need to take more than a few days off to really rest it. Too bad but it could be worse. 

I just mentioned in my race report but I'm sort of thinking about a 40 miler race for my 40th birthday next June. Maybe? I have to find one. Kansas does have quite a few ultras and one of my running friends is thinking about a 50K for her 50th birthday in March so I might have some company for long runs, which would be nice. 

Other than that, we have yet to have measureable snow fall or any freezing rain or ice. Not complaining! Might get something this week but right now the roads are dry. I've had some nice 5 mile walks with Jocelyn on the days I haven't been able to run.
Hope the hamstring is feeling better.

A 40 miler for your 40th birthday sounds like fun. Just don't do something silly like Mark did and wait till your 50th birthday!

Merry Christmas.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:53 pm

Well, I haven't updated because shortly after I posted that , a PT I work with (I work on an inpatient rehab unit) recommended resting/not running 2-3 weeks to actual do more healing instead of taking 3-4 days off then finding out it still hurts. So I did that and didn't see a big different after the end of 2 or 3 weeks. Then my PT running friend asked if I wanted to go to her house for dry needling. She asked about rehab for me but we switched to a high deductible health plan Jan 1 and I really didn't want to start spending money yet. So on the 12th she dry needled it and found the big twitch which is what she was looking for. It was not comfortable but I think it helped. She also gave me hamstring ex to do and I've been doing them. I've been running some. I've been walk-running 5 miles a day. Outside when I can, indoors when it's icy/snowy/just too cold. I couldn't find any 40 milers that looked interesting. Most were lots of loops and that does not interest me in the least. I think I need to just focus on being strong and not just running, which is my downfall. Not enough/very pathetically little cross training and strength training and also address my weight, which I don't know why it has to be harder to lose weight now, I know it's a reality, but also still possible and something I need to put more effort into. And that would make running easier! (I never did lose all of my baby weight, got very close to it and then gained about 10 lbs. So it's not 50 lbs, but it's not 5...)
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:08 pm

Julie wrote:Well, I haven't updated because shortly after I posted that , a PT I work with (I work on an inpatient rehab unit) recommended resting/not running 2-3 weeks to actual do more healing instead of taking 3-4 days off then finding out it still hurts. So I did that and didn't see a big different after the end of 2 or 3 weeks. Then my PT running friend asked if I wanted to go to her house for dry needling. She asked about rehab for me but we switched to a high deductible health plan Jan 1 and I really didn't want to start spending money yet. So on the 12th she dry needled it and found the big twitch which is what she was looking for. It was not comfortable but I think it helped. She also gave me hamstring ex to do and I've been doing them. I've been running some. I've been walk-running 5 miles a day. Outside when I can, indoors when it's icy/snowy/just too cold. I couldn't find any 40 milers that looked interesting. Most were lots of loops and that does not interest me in the least. I think I need to just focus on being strong and not just running, which is my downfall. Not enough/very pathetically little cross training and strength training and also address my weight, which I don't know why it has to be harder to lose weight now, I know it's a reality, but also still possible and something I need to put more effort into. And that would make running easier! (I never did lose all of my baby weight, got very close to it and then gained about 10 lbs. So it's not 50 lbs, but it's not 5...)
I hope the dry needling worked.  Sounds like you're easing back in to running which is probably a good idea.

I don't blame you for not being interested in running seemingly endless loops for 40 miles.  That doesn't sound like fun at all.  I don't choose my races based strictly on scenery but I do take it into consideration.

I did notice an improvement in my running when I added strength/core work.  I added it in while training for my 2013 marathon and finally ran a BQ.  I also added a few more miles in the form or warm up and cool down miles so who knows.  I will say that I noticed that when I tried to add much swimming, biking, hiking etc to my schedule I struggled to get enough running miles to train well.  I think a little is good though...if not just for variety and mental state.  And I think we could all improve by losing a few pounds...well maybe not Michele...  My coach also reminds me often not to forget about recovery.

Hope the hamstring issue clears up and you find an event that interests you.  I love having a goal.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:45 pm

I will try to catch up on everyone's blogs etc. just jumping in quickly to say I've been training for the Arkansas Marathon which is to be held Oct 8th ish (early Oct, can't quite recall date). Other than my hamstring feeling tight the last few weeks things have been going OK. I ran 18 mi yesterday. 17 the week before that. Following one of Hal's intermediate plans at least for the long runs.

And if I can pull off no injuries, I have my eye on a 50 miler in March (Prairie Spirit in KS). We'll see....
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:21 pm

Julie wrote:I will try to catch up on everyone's blogs etc. just jumping in quickly to say I've been training for the Arkansas Marathon which is to be held Oct 8th ish (early Oct, can't quite recall date). Other than my hamstring feeling tight the last few weeks things have been going OK. I ran 18 mi yesterday. 17 the week before that. Following one of Hal's intermediate plans at least for the long runs.

And if I can pull off no injuries, I have my eye on a 50 miler in March (Prairie Spirit in KS). We'll see....
Glad you're training for the race.  Nancy seems to be getting out from under her hamstring tightness, so I'd recommend hers first for reading.

Good luck on that race and the lovely (I imagine) winter training for the 50.  Thanks for stopping by.

Oh, and hope the family is doing well at running youragged.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:26 pm

ounce wrote:
Julie wrote:I will try to catch up on everyone's blogs etc. just jumping in quickly to say I've been training for the Arkansas Marathon which is to be held Oct 8th ish (early Oct, can't quite recall date). Other than my hamstring feeling tight the last few weeks things have been going OK. I ran 18 mi yesterday. 17 the week before that. Following one of Hal's intermediate plans at least for the long runs.

Glad you're training for the race.  Nancy seems to be getting out from under her hamstring tightness, so I'd recommend hers first for reading.

Good luck on that race and the lovely (I imagine) winter training for the 50.  Thanks for stopping by.

Oh, and hope the family is doing well at running youragged.
Great to hear from you Julie.  And good to hear you're training.  You're getting some nice long runs in but I guess October will be here before we know it.

Hope the plans for the 50 miler work out.  

Doug mentioned that I've been battling hamstring issues.  Mine has been a problem...largely ignored...for 40 years.  It's been an issue since before I started running so I think that sitting on the tractor is the biggest contributor.  I finally got it diagnosed.  It's PHT...Proximal Hamstring Tendinopathy.  It's mostly painful when I sit but it also causes some hamstring discomfort/tightness when I run.  So I've done some PT to strengthen the hamstring and glutes.  I've been working on running form mostly to increase cadence a bit and decrease my tendency to heel strike as they believe that may have contributed.  I've also been stretching and rolling on a much more regular basis.  It's improving but very slowly.  I don't know if it's coincidence or successful treatment but I graduated from PT sessions to sports massage sessions and it seems to be much better after just a couple sessions.  I don't know who calls what he did a massage...it was deep and painful...but it seems better.  Not gone but better.  Consistent stretching and rolling seem to be essential and I plan to keep up with that and my PT exercises until after my marathon in December.

Anxious to hear more about your training, your race, and your family.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:14 pm

Thanks Nancy and Doug!
I intended several times to hop on and give an update but homeschooling takes nearly all of my time. Anyway, I ran the Arkansas Marathon this morning in Booneville AR. It was beautiful and well supported but also tough due to hills and it being run entirely on highway shoulder which was very angled / uneven and was hard on my knees. Anyway Just under 12:00 pace average and gave it my best. Still struggling with shortness of breath the last 5 or 6 miles especially. I don't know if it's tiredness or a touch of exercise induced asthma or excitement or what. Anyway it went decently all things considered. Thanks for the support!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:13 pm

Julie wrote:Thanks Nancy and Doug!
I intended several times to hop on and give an update but homeschooling takes nearly all of my time. Anyway, I ran the Arkansas Marathon this morning in Booneville AR. It was beautiful and well supported but also tough due to hills and it being run entirely on highway shoulder which was very angled / uneven and was hard on my knees.  Anyway Just under 12:00 pace average and gave it my best. Still struggling with shortness of breath the last 5 or 6 miles especially. I don't know if it's tiredness or a touch of exercise induced asthma or excitement or what.  Anyway it went decently all things considered. Thanks for the support!
Glad to hear it went reasonably well.  It does sound like a difficult course.

Rest up and if/when you have time give us an update on ultra plans...and the kids.  None of us are posting much anymore so don't feel bad.

Great to hear from you!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:58 pm

I'm sitting in the van making sure my husband has someone to talk to if he gets tired driving. Should get to Hattiesburg later tonight. Long day! But we're having a family vacation, yay!
Kids are all doing well. Jocelyn has already filled her 1st canning shelf in the basement even pressure canning green beans with light supervision. She's very strong in academics and is a huge helper. Josiah is continuing in violin lessons though he might complain about practicing. He's very strong in math and is getting better at reading. Noah loves gymnastics and is a very strong reader and doesn't love math. Eliana is learning to read and is enjoying school. She loves listening to audiobooks in her free time. She listened to the first 5 Wizard of Oz books just the last 2 weeks.
I'm looking at Prairie Spirit 50 miler in March. It's in KS I think less than 4 hrs from our house. I just want to stay uninjured and do a good job with my hamstring exercises my PT friend gave me. I am hoping for a mild winter but maybe I can get better at treadmill running if not. I don't think I have awful balance but I am always afraid I'll lose my balance on it.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:37 pm

Julie wrote:I'm sitting in the van making sure my husband has someone to talk to if he gets tired driving. Should get to Hattiesburg later tonight. Long day! But we're having a family vacation, yay!
Kids are all doing well. Jocelyn has already filled her 1st canning shelf in the basement even pressure canning green beans with light supervision. She's very strong in academics and is a huge helper. Josiah is continuing in violin lessons though he might complain about practicing.  He's very strong in math and is getting better at reading. Noah loves gymnastics and is a very strong reader and doesn't love math. Eliana is learning to read and is enjoying school.  She loves listening to audiobooks in her free time. She listened to the first 5 Wizard of Oz books just the last 2 weeks.
I'm looking at Prairie Spirit 50 miler in March. It's in KS I think less than 4 hrs from our house. I just want to stay uninjured and do a good job with my hamstring exercises my PT friend gave me.  I am hoping for a mild winter but maybe I can get better at treadmill running if not. I don't think I have awful balance but I am always afraid I'll lose my balance on it.  
Nice and hitting all of the high points.  So, have you figured out the common denominator as to why the 4 kiddos intersect on somethings, but not all?

Nancy can comment on hamstrings.  This year, I can say that staying healthy has been as important as sleep, but being hurt will catch you up on sleep.

Thanks for checking in, Julie!  Enjoy Missippi (intentional).  Hurricane season is over, there.  Best of luck on executing your 50!  Have a great Christmas.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next