Welcome to the I-Team (formerly 365Runners)
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT - s it worth keeping this site going?

4 posters

Go down

Time to turn off the lights?

IMPORTANT - s it worth keeping this site going? Vote_lcap50%IMPORTANT - s it worth keeping this site going? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
IMPORTANT - s it worth keeping this site going? Vote_lcap50%IMPORTANT - s it worth keeping this site going? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

IMPORTANT - s it worth keeping this site going? Empty IMPORTANT - s it worth keeping this site going?

Post  Mark B Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:13 am

Hi there from your site administrator.

It's time to renew the GoDaddy domain registration for this site, and looking at how little the site is being used, I'm wondering if it's worth it anymore.

IMPORTANT - s it worth keeping this site going? Screen28

Times have changed and people have gotten busy and generally moved on, and that's OK. But it costs money to keep this site up and running. It's not much, but it's not nothing, either. 

I hope you get a chance to think about this and weigh in. I don't want to pull the plug on this without all your consent.

Thanks.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT - s it worth keeping this site going? Empty Re: IMPORTANT - s it worth keeping this site going?

Post  nkrichards Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:06 pm

I hate to see it go but I agree that it's no longer serving it's purpose.  

Hope I can figure out a good way to stay in touch with all of you...

Thanks for your work as administrator. Smile
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT - s it worth keeping this site going? Empty Re: IMPORTANT - s it worth keeping this site going?

Post  Mark B Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:13 pm

I hate to see it go, as well, but there are so few of us now - and even we holdouts don't post very often anymore. It just doesn't seem worth the trouble.

However, I have a few dayts to either delete the domain or put it up for sale. I'll keep monitoring to see if anybody else comments this weekend.

If you're just lurking and happen to see this, please comment!
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:09 am

I'm still good with keeping it going, unless something else is available at a lower cost or no cost.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:58 am

We could do that, if that's what you'd prefer.

Here's the cost breakdown. It's not super expensive, but it's a lot considering how little we're using the site now.

IMPORTANT - s it worth keeping this site going? Screen29

We could share the costs again (we did that a few years ago), or somebody else could take it on, or both.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:33 am

I'm happy to pay my share of the cost if there is interest in keeping it open.  

I agree with Mark...there's really only 3 or 4 of us still posting and we rarely post.  I like the community we had and hate to lose it but maybe it is time to look at other ways to stay in touch with each other.  Should we communicate in a more private way (email, text, ?) and/or should we join a new community.  Facebook has it's pros and cons.  I have an account but pick and choose my participation carefully.  I do follow a few run/health related pages and post occasionally but I'm not fully invested like I was with Hals blog and or 365Runners at the beginning.

As I said...I am happy to pay my share if Doug wants to keep this going for another year.

Off for my run...

Edited to add...Strava seems to work okay to follow activities but may not be conducive to much conversation.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:33 am

I agree that Strava is great for following runs but poor at fostering conversations. That's what was lost when the world moved from these sorts of forums onto the excessively performative social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, etc. 

We're a bit of a holdout. But hey, I've still got a Garmin Forerunner 305 around here, so that fits!  Wink

I'd be OK passing the hat to keep the lights on for another year and see what happens.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

nkrichards likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:37 am

Mark B wrote:I agree that Strava is great for following runs but poor at fostering conversations. That's what was lost when the world moved from these sorts of forums onto the excessively performative social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, etc. 

We're a bit of a holdout. But hey, I've still got a Garmin Forerunner 305 around here, so that fits!  Wink

I'd be OK passing the hat to keep the lights on for another year and see what happens.
Just let me know how to pay my share if you and Doug decide to keep this going for another year.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:59 am

nkrichards wrote:
Mark B wrote:I agree that Strava is great for following runs but poor at fostering conversations. That's what was lost when the world moved from these sorts of forums onto the excessively performative social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, etc. 

Just let me know how to pay my share if you and Doug decide to keep this going for another year.

Well, Doug? You game for another lap around the sun and see what happens?  sunny
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:27 pm

Mark B wrote:
nkrichards wrote:

Well, Doug? You game for another lap around the sun and see what happens?  sunny

I'm game for another year.  Mark, since there was a sales tax charged on the $54 is that Washington or Nevada percentage?  And for what time period is the $54?

We could create a FB page private group and maybe run them in parallel.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:34 pm

ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:
nkrichards wrote:

I'm game for another year.  Mark, since there was a sales tax charged on the $54 is that Washington or Nevada percentage?  And for what time period is the $54?

We could create a FB page private group and maybe run them in parallel.

OR we could ditch the 365runners.com moniker and use the FREE FREE FREE address that 365runners goes to: https://i-team.forumotion.com/

What do you think? I'm just exploring if I need to do anything more than just not renew with GoDaddy and have us all use the address above.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:25 am

I might not post anymore, but I do stop by often and read what you all are up to.  I'm game for keeping it - and I'll toss in my share just so I can continue to follow Nancy and Doug's exploits.    1L
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:14 am

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:I might not post anymore, but I do stop by often and read what you all are up to.  I'm game for keeping it - and I'll toss in my share just so I can continue to follow Nancy and Doug's exploits.    1L

No need to pitch in anything! I realized last night that the only thing we were paying for was the 365runners.com "brand" and not the site itself, which Forumotion provides free of charge. So... we're cutting loose the old brand name and going with what our site address has always actually been...

https://i-team.forumotion.com/

Long live the I-team! iTeam? Hm. Well, anyway, it's free and it's staying around.  cheers cheers cheers

Be sure to update your bookmarks accordingly.   Approval
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down