Welcome to the I-Team (formerly 365Runners)
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the I-Team (formerly 365Runners)
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
Welcome to the I-Team (formerly 365Runners)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

+80
Barry W
jkane1977
EugeneGreenie
cdyow
arnelgonce
wrichman
KBFitz
Ken Cushing
pattyspangs
dkleeman
Traveller
7
Lauren
kath
Max M
John S
Kevin C
pigoo
nkrichards
Ed
mcm92002
Jack_Scaff
runkenny
amyjoann
Kevin L
MartinD
mountandog
Tim M
Caleb
MichiganBrian
Chris M
Tim C
charles.moman
Dave Bussard
sir digby
Paula Sue
ounce
grennifer
dot520
Colleen
Jerry
gvey
Stephanie
John Kilpatrick
healdgator
stanton
Alex Kubacki
Diego
Penelope
Bob
Vivian
fostever
Pete B
Jim Lentz
Mark B
T Miller
Liz R
jdholland
Jeff F
Don S
jon c
Matt W
JohnP
ChasMcG
Glenn
wendy_miller
Sara Jane
Michele "1L" Keane
Peg Coover
Tom H
Kenny B.
Seth Harrison
Admin
Mike MacLellan
Mrs. Schuey
Nick Morris
Julie
Schuey
Natalie
Dave-O
84 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  Admin Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:23 am

Hi Kath! Welcome!

I'm not running Boston this year, so that one extra slot... I hope you get it!

Admin
Admin

Posts : 889
Points : 6266
Join date : 2011-06-14

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty it's been awhile

Post  Lauren Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:51 pm

I'm Lauren. Have been running 15 years or so, but I'd say my two most recent running related accomplishments happened within the last year. 1. Qualifying for Boston with a 16 minute PR and 2. Beating 'Shut up Bob's' team at Dances with Dirt last weekend. (And we didn't even have Dave present!!!) Very Happy
yes i had to say it

It's great to see some familiar names on here. I first went on Hal's boards/TM in 2005, met some great people, ran quite a few races with them and occasionally still meet up at running events. Found out about the new site this past weekend and had to stop by.

That's it in a nutshell. Next race on the calendar is Boston with a possibility of the Indianapolis Monumental half or full (should probably decide since it's in 5 weeks) I look forward to hearing about everyone's training and running adventures!!
Lauren
Lauren
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 43
Points : 4723
Join date : 2011-09-28
Age : 41
Location : Tennessee

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  T Miller Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:28 am

Hi Lauren, good to see you again. Congrats on the BQ.


Last edited by T Miller on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
T Miller
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Posts : 782
Points : 5939
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 59
Location : Bloomington

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  Jerry Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:07 am

T Miller wrote:Hi Lauren, good to see you again. Congrats on the BQ. Are you going to Boston?

Are you blind, Tim? That's what she said, next race Boston. Sigh.

Welcome Lauren!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2712
Points : 1006628
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Where I'm Loved

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  T Miller Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:29 am

Jerry wrote:
T Miller wrote:Hi Lauren, good to see you again. Congrats on the BQ.

Are you blind, Tim? That's what she said, next race Boston. Sigh.

Welcome Lauren!

I blame it on old age.
T Miller
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Posts : 782
Points : 5939
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 59
Location : Bloomington

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  Dave-O Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:35 am

Well well well, look who decided to show up. My posts on facebook didn't steer you over here?

I am so jealous I wasn't there to cross the finish line before Shut Up Bob. And I apologize for doubting you and Captain Tom. Well done, Urine Spandex!
Dave-O
Dave-O
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1736
Points : 6890
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 42
Location : Chicago

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  Admin Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:30 am

Lauren wrote:I'm Lauren.
I'm Matt.
Hi.
Shots Running

Admin
Admin

Posts : 889
Points : 6266
Join date : 2011-06-14

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  Nick Morris Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:55 am

Welcome Lauren...glad to see that you found us Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 14363
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 43
Location : Madison, WI

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  Mrs. Schuey Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:22 am

Hi Lauren!!! It was nice seeing you again last weekend!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1125
Points : 6210
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 47
Location : Valparaiso, IN

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  7 Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:57 am

Hello,
I am a former V-team member, circa 2005. I have been running marathons since 2003, when my wife was pregnant with our first child. (We now have 3, Ages 8, 4 and 1 1/2, Boy, Boy, Girl) I have run 8 marathons since, and this year's Chicago marathon will be my 10th marathon. My only break was in 2009 when I dislocated my right ankle and fractured my fibula. I took that year off from marathoning, but came back and ran 2 in 2010.

I go by "7" because that is my favorite number. I am a cardiologist in Chicago and my name is very "unique" and easily searchable in Google. So for privacy reasons, and patient's googleing me, I have chosen to be more anonymous. I used to go by k r i s h m d as my tagname on the V-team boards.

I know many of the Chicago runners and have made great friends from the V-team boards.

Good luck to everyone running this season.
7
7
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 4
Points : 4676
Join date : 2011-10-05
Location : Chicago, IL

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  Julie Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:40 am

Welcome! I'm sure it's hard to juggle running with being a dad and a cardiologist, too!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2754
Points : 9041
Join date : 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  Jerry Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:43 am

Welcome 7!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2712
Points : 1006628
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Where I'm Loved

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty About Time I got here

Post  Traveller Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:23 am

Just in time for "Ryan Hall Naked" thread. Razz

I'm too easy to find to try to hide. I'm Clark Wierda (Traveller) from the V-Boards. I've run a few race from 5K to Marathon. I'm slow but determined.

I didn't run much during my recent deployment to the Middle East and am now paying the price. My last race of this year's USAF Marathon where I DNFd at 21 miles. I've started back to regular training and am ramping up slowly. I have an Air Force Fitness Test to complete (next week) before I can really focus on "real" races. My next goal race is the Marine Corps Marathon in 2012. Everything else for the next year or so will be based on that. I will also run some USAF Marathon race and the Bolder Boulder as I have streaks going for both.


Last edited by Traveller on Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Smiley didn't work as expected)
Traveller
Traveller
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 76
Points : 4872
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 58
Location : Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  Dave-O Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:51 am

Doc 7: Welcome! Glad you found us here, and hope you stick around. The more people looking to rip jokes at Bobby's expense, the better.

Clark: Welcome home and welcome here. Hope we can help whip your butt back into shape!
Dave-O
Dave-O
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1736
Points : 6890
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 42
Location : Chicago

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  Nick Morris Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:43 pm

Hey Clark...Glad that you found us. Sometimes the "Darkside" is difficult to find. Welcome to the good team!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 14363
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 43
Location : Madison, WI

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:56 pm

Hi Lauren - see you in Boston. Hey 7 - good luck on Sunday. Welcome back, Clark.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 5032
Points : 14322
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 62
Location : Atlanta, GA

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  dkleeman Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:52 pm

Early days V-teamer, latter day Tapir, looking for new motivation.

I hated running with a passion until I turned 40; I grew up as the fat, slow kid. I came to running from cycling; training for a 500-mile, 6-day ride started me on the road to fitness. I started running when the Chicago weather made riding imprudent. Between the two, I lost 50 pounds and discovered I had speed (for my age). I love placing in my AG (currently 50-54), since I'll never win a race outright. I also love crazy races and relays like Dances With Dirt (I'm on the vanquished "Shut Up Bob" team), H2C, Etc.

I've done 18 marathons, including 5 Chicago and two Boston. Since I travel a lot for work, I've ended up as the "accidental marathoner" running in Beijing, Amsterdam and Milan just because I was there for a conference. Darn the luck, I'll miss the Auckland Marathon by one week in November.

My last marathon was New York 2009. A month later I herniated a disk and was off for six months. Since then, I've struggled to find the motivation to get back to long distances. Maybe it's hiding here...

dkleeman
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 6
Points : 4679
Join date : 2011-10-08
Age : 67
Location : Chicago

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  Bob Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:41 pm

dkleeman wrote:Early days V-teamer, latter day Tapir, looking for new motivation.

I hated running with a passion until I turned 40; I grew up as the fat, slow kid. I came to running from cycling; training for a 500-mile, 6-day ride started me on the road to fitness. I started running when the Chicago weather made riding imprudent. Between the two, I lost 50 pounds and discovered I had speed (for my age). I love placing in my AG (currently 50-54), since I'll never win a race outright. I also love crazy races and relays like Dances With Dirt (I'm on the vanquished "Shut Up Bob" team), H2C, Etc.

I've done 18 marathons, including 5 Chicago and two Boston. Since I travel a lot for work, I've ended up as the "accidental marathoner" running in Beijing, Amsterdam and Milan just because I was there for a conference. Darn the luck, I'll miss the Auckland Marathon by one week in November.

My last marathon was New York 2009. A month later I herniated a disk and was off for six months. Since then, I've struggled to find the motivation to get back to long distances. Maybe it's hiding here...



Hey! Lookie who's here!
Bob
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

Posts : 342
Points : 14097
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Illinois

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  Admin Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:57 pm

dkleeman wrote:... looking for new motivation.

... Maybe it's hiding here...



Let's find it!



Welcome, DKlee. The collective IQ just doubled. Thanks for that. LOL...

Admin
Admin

Posts : 889
Points : 6266
Join date : 2011-06-14

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  John Kilpatrick Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:02 pm

dkleeman wrote:Early days V-teamer, latter day Tapir, looking for new motivation.

I hated running with a passion until I turned 40; I grew up as the fat, slow kid. I came to running from cycling; training for a 500-mile, 6-day ride started me on the road to fitness. I started running when the Chicago weather made riding imprudent. Between the two, I lost 50 pounds and discovered I had speed (for my age). I love placing in my AG (currently 50-54), since I'll never win a race outright. I also love crazy races and relays like Dances With Dirt (I'm on the vanquished "Shut Up Bob" team), H2C, Etc.

I've done 18 marathons, including 5 Chicago and two Boston. Since I travel a lot for work, I've ended up as the "accidental marathoner" running in Beijing, Amsterdam and Milan just because I was there for a conference. Darn the luck, I'll miss the Auckland Marathon by one week in November.

My last marathon was New York 2009. A month later I herniated a disk and was off for six months. Since then, I've struggled to find the motivation to get back to long distances. Maybe it's hiding here...

Welcome!!! Glad to have you on board - lots of motivation here...

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1542
Points : 6662
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Leesburg, GA

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  John Kilpatrick Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:04 pm

Traveller wrote:Just in time for "Ryan Hall Naked" thread. Razz

I'm too easy to find to try to hide. I'm Clark Wierda (Traveller) from the V-Boards. I've run a few race from 5K to Marathon. I'm slow but determined.

I didn't run much during my recent deployment to the Middle East and am now paying the price. My last race of this year's USAF Marathon where I DNFd at 21 miles. I've started back to regular training and am ramping up slowly. I have an Air Force Fitness Test to complete (next week) before I can really focus on "real" races. My next goal race is the Marine Corps Marathon in 2012. Everything else for the next year or so will be based on that. I will also run some USAF Marathon race and the Bolder Boulder as I have streaks going for both.

Glad to have you here, Clark! Man, I used to hate the fitness tests in the Navy - they always came at the worst times... MCM would be an awesome race to be in someday.

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1542
Points : 6662
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Leesburg, GA

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  Bob Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:20 pm

7 wrote:Hello,
I am a former V-team member, circa 2005. I have been running marathons since 2003, when my wife was pregnant with our first child. (We now have 3, Ages 8, 4 and 1 1/2, Boy, Boy, Girl) I have run 8 marathons since, and this year's Chicago marathon will be my 10th marathon. My only break was in 2009 when I dislocated my right ankle and fractured my fibula. I took that year off from marathoning, but came back and ran 2 in 2010.

I go by "7" because that is my favorite number. I am a cardiologist in Chicago and my name is very "unique" and easily searchable in Google. So for privacy reasons, and patient's googleing me, I have chosen to be more anonymous. I used to go by k r i s h m d as my tagname on the V-team boards.

I know many of the Chicago runners and have made great friends from the V-team boards.

Good luck to everyone running this season.



Missed this one. Who told him about the secret hiding space? Mr. Big Shot Doctor is now here.

Thanks, Phukers.
Bob
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

Posts : 342
Points : 14097
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Illinois

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  7 Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:42 pm

Bob wrote:
7 wrote:Hello,
I am a former V-team member, circa 2005. I have been running marathons since 2003, when my wife was pregnant with our first child. (We now have 3, Ages 8, 4 and 1 1/2, Boy, Boy, Girl) I have run 8 marathons since, and this year's Chicago marathon will be my 10th marathon. My only break was in 2009 when I dislocated my right ankle and fractured my fibula. I took that year off from marathoning, but came back and ran 2 in 2010.

I go by "7" because that is my favorite number. I am a cardiologist in Chicago and my name is very "unique" and easily searchable in Google. So for privacy reasons, and patient's googleing me, I have chosen to be more anonymous. I used to go by k r i s h m d as my tagname on the V-team boards.

I know many of the Chicago runners and have made great friends from the V-team boards.

Good luck to everyone running this season.



Missed this one. Who told him about the secret hiding space? Mr. Big Shot Doctor is now here.

Thanks, Phukers.

Take caution in your tone Bob.
7
7
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 4
Points : 4676
Join date : 2011-10-05
Location : Chicago, IL

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  pattyspangs Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:07 pm

Hello. My name is Pat Spangler (nickname "Pattyspangs"). I learned of this board through my friend and former football teammate, Dave-O. Apparently, he runs a lot.

I do not have a lot of distance running experience and am still discovering the sport. I ran Chicago in like 5 hours with my wife in 2004, but just did it for fun. After grad school, I got away from sports and did not do any regular workouts of any type. But, I did occasionally run rand have always enjoyed it. Just never got myself into good enough shape to really appreciate it.

Last year I ran the last two miles of Chicago Marathon with my friend and was inspired. With my 30th birthday a couple of months away, I went home and signed up for Ironman Wisconsin having never done a triathlon and weighing 245 lbs. I got one of last 10 spots. I learned to swim, rode a bike for the first time in 15 years, and finished the race in a respectable 13 hrs. Along the way, I obviously ran a lot, did a few shorter road races, and started to enjoy running more as I got into better shape and to a more manageable weight. (for example, I dropped my 5k PR by 10 minutes).

I am currently training for the Vegas Marathon in December, which I am running with a friend. I am not training super hardcore as I had some work stuff get in the way, but I have been able to get in some 40-50 mile weeks, which is the most mileage I have ever done.

I am hoping to get some tips on training plans and ideas for next year. I plan to focus on doing more shorter road races and olympic distance triathlons (10k run). After the Ironman stuff, I am in excellent aerobic shape and learned a lot about long distance training, but believe I can improve a lot at the half-marathon distance on down to the 5k. I have never actually run a 10k or 13.1 race, now that I think of it.

Hope you guys are triathlon friendly. If it makes you feel better, running is my favorite.
pattyspangs
pattyspangs
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 16
Points : 4725
Join date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  Julie Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:55 pm

Welcome! Yes there are a few triathletes here. I think we're friendly to everyone, though . Very Happy
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2754
Points : 9041
Join date : 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 8 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum