365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

+80
Barry W
jkane1977
EugeneGreenie
cdyow
arnelgonce
wrichman
KBFitz
Ken Cushing
pattyspangs
dkleeman
Traveller
Lauren
kath
Max M
John S
Kevin C
pigoo
nkrichards
Ed
mcm92002
Jack_Scaff
runkenny
amyjoann
Kevin L
MartinD
mountandog
Tim M
Caleb
MichiganBrian
Chris M
Tim C
charles.moman
Dave Bussard
sir digby
Paula Sue
ounce
grennifer
dot520
Colleen
Jerry
gvey
Stephanie
John Kilpatrick
healdgator
stanton
Alex Kubacki
Diego
Penelope
Bob
Vivian
fostever
Pete B
Jim Lentz
Mark B
T Miller
Liz R
jdholland
Jeff F
Don S
jon c
Matt W
JohnP
ChasMcG
Glenn
wendy_miller
Sara Jane
Michele "1L" Keane
Peg Coover
Tom H
Kenny B.
Seth Harrison
Admin
Mike MacLellan
Mrs. Schuey
Nick Morris
Julie
Schuey
Natalie
Dave-O
84 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 12 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  Mark B Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:52 pm

Hi, Jordan! Welcome!

Isn't it amazing how our interests change once we get out there? Congrats on the races so far (and don't be modest - 2:02 for a first half marathon is quite respectable), and good luck training for St. Jude.

There's a lot of accumulated experience in our group, so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 12 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  ounce Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:38 pm

Howdy, Jordon.  Welcome to our sleepy, little hamlet on the internet.  Questions are welcome and are free for the first 300,000 questions (or 50,000 posts whichever comes first).

And you're about an hour faster than me, but keep an eye in your rear view mirror while you're running.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:58 pm

Welcome Jordan!!  It sounds like you are becoming a running addict, like the rest of us here.  Good luck with training for your first marathon.  You will learn so much and remember that we are here to answer any questions that you may have Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:37 pm

Congrats on the weight loss and the HM time.  Do us a favor and start some threads which ask some questions you want the gang here to opine on.  You'll find we don't have a universal or sometimes even consensus view on topics but the debates can be interesting and fun.  We used to do more of them and I wish there were more open threads like that.  Throw out questions like:

What's a good pace for long runs?

What exactly is a "tempo" run?

Gels/Carbs on long runs or not?

What's the best way to pace a marathon/HM/10K etc.

Shoe questions of every kind....heavy shoes, minimalist shoes, changing shoes, barefoot running

Stride questions about arm swing and foot landing and anything else you can think of

Is doing other races good practice leading up to a goal race?

Music or no music while running (this one can get heated)

Treadmill or is it "Dreadmill"

Best mental tricks to stay motivated and on the training schedule?

Mo Miles Mo Miles or Cross Training or Days Off?

Shoot, there are so many more questions and I feel like all of 365ers should be re-asking open ended questions like that while we've got a community of runners to kick the topics around with.

EDIT - the more I think about it, the more we need to lean on a 365er picked at random......MARK B!   Mark, you have been selected to write a series of Friday Thread questions!  Congrats, Mark!  What, you weren't going to run anyway....gotta rest after 50 miles!  Get to it!
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:35 pm

Chris M wrote:The more I think about it, the more we need to lean on a 365er picked at random......MARK B!   Mark, you have been selected to write a series of Friday Thread questions!  Congrats, Mark!  What, you weren't going to run anyway....gotta rest after 50 miles!  Get to it!

Random, huh? Riiggghhht.

Anyway, it's up. Have fun!
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:09 pm

Welcome to 365 Runners!

This is our "getting to know you" thread, so feel free to tell us a little bit about yourself and your running history.

Existing users, feel free to chime in, since it's been a while since we did our first introductions.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:34 am

Admin wrote:Welcome to 365 Runners!

This is our "getting to know you" thread, so feel free to tell us a little bit about yourself and your running history.

Existing users, feel free to chime in, since it's been a while since we did our first introductions.

You first Mark...
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:36 am

Hi, everybody! I'm Mark. I've been here since this site started, and I have inherited admin duties. So if you have a site question or problem, let me know.

I was a chubby kid really good at floating chocolate chip cookies in glasses of milk (practice makes perfect, right?) who started running back in high school for reasons I don't think I understood at the time. I've been running for most of the years since then. I've run everything from 5Ks to 50-milers on pavement and trails, mostly in the middle of the pack, though I've drifted closer to the back as the years have gone by. I even "won" DFL honors once!

I live in Vancouver, Washington, just north of Portland, Oregon. That means lots of rainy runs but also great scenery and forest trails. It's nice.

Fair warning: I'm one of those guys who likes to run barefoot. I only do it once a week or so, but it's a lot of fun, and I've found that it helps improve my form and keep my landings light. You may also hear references to Fluff and the Fluffpacoloypse. Fluff is our cat, and he gained fame a few years ago when he flooded our house. Really.

I keep a blog over in the blog section, and you can read about some of my race experiences in the race report section.

My wife, Alita, also runs but doesn't post here. My son, who is 16 now, still prefers the sofa. We'll see if the running bug gets him someday.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:11 pm

Mark B wrote:Hi, everybody! I'm Mark. I've been here since this site started, and I have inherited admin duties. So if you have a site question or problem, let me know.

I was a chubby kid really good at floating chocolate chip cookies in glasses of milk (practice makes perfect, right?) who started running back in high school for reasons I don't think I understood at the time. I've been running for most of the years since then. I've run everything from 5Ks to 50-milers on pavement and trails, mostly in the middle of the pack, though I've drifted closer to the back as the years have gone by. I even "won" DFL honors once!

I live in Vancouver, Washington, just north of Portland, Oregon. That means lots of rainy runs but also great scenery and forest trails. It's nice.

Fair warning: I'm one of those guys who likes to run barefoot. I only do it once a week or so, but it's a lot of fun, and I've found that it helps improve my form and keep my landings light. You may also hear references to Fluff and the Fluffpacoloypse. Fluff is our cat, and he gained fame a few years ago when he flooded our house. Really.

I keep a blog over in the blog section, and you can read about some of my race experiences in the race report section.

My wife, Alita, also runs but doesn't post here. My son, who is 16 now, still prefers the sofa. We'll see if the running bug gets him someday.

Nice Mark.  It's interesting to see the things we think are important to share about ourselves here.

I'll contribute once I get off the tractor and have a bit more time...
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12