365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NYC dinner

+5
Vivian
Sara Jane
KBFitz
Kenny B.
Seth Harrison
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

NYC dinner - Page 3 Empty Re: NYC dinner

Post  Dave Wolfe Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:42 pm

Randy E wrote:Hi all. I hope your final two weeks of training goes well.
I will have some family to deal with after the marathon. But, since you all are meeting at 4:30 I may be able to stop by for a while and say hello. So, count me in for now.
Thanks.

Strangely I'm in the same boat as Randy. So I hope to stop by as well.
Dave Wolfe
Dave Wolfe
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Randy E Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:22 pm

I'm getting psyched to seeing everyone. The meeting place is just a few blocks from my hotel. If I am having dinner with my wife, brother in law and his wife at 6:30-7:00 I see no reason why I can't stop by and see everyone.
Randy E
Randy E
Poster
Poster

http://www.eggefinancial.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Jane Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:55 pm

That's great, Randy and Dave! Looking forward to seeing you guys!

P.S. This is why I picked a pub-type place instead of a "dinner" spot. It just seemed like it would be better to have a place where it feels like people can pop in whenever, instead something more formal. That said, I do have the reservation so there will be a spot just for us.

NYC dinner - Page 3 1078438882
Sara Jane
Sara Jane
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

NYC dinner - Page 3 Empty Pre-race logistics

Post  Sara Jane Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:19 pm

Can we compile a list of who is in what start wave, color, etc.? So that we might meet up beforehand if it works out? And exchange cell phone numbers, etc...

I am in Wave 2 (10:10) Orange. My charity bus is leaving midtown about 6:15, so I imagine I will be there by 7:15. From what I remember, it's easiest to meet up with people in your same "color"...but I didn't try to stray beyond my color either...
Sara Jane
Sara Jane
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:12 pm

I'm in Wave 1 - Green #18215. I think Vivian is in my color and wave, and maybe Randy too?
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:02 pm

Yep, I'm in Wave 1, Green. I think Kevin Fitzgerald is also.
Vivian
Vivian

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:04 pm

I'm in Wave 3, #48247. Blue. SJ and Viv both have my cell... I'll be calling you SJ, because I know I'll forget to write down where we're meeting after the race.
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Jane Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:39 pm

We're all over the color/wave map! Alas.

My cell is: 240-529-8464...I think I put it above somewhere. Anyway, feel free to text or call me after - though I will finish a while after some of you. I just hope it doesn't take 45 minutes to get my bag like last time...
Sara Jane
Sara Jane
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Randy E Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:44 pm

Hi all, here is my info.

BIB #13658
Orange Wave#1 Corral#13 11/6/2011 9:40:00 AM
Cell:773-348-8800

Looks like a nice day on Sunday. I'm a definite for meeting after the race. Would be great to see people before as well, if it works out.
Randy E
Randy E
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:33 pm

I'm so bummed...I have a feeling I'm going to have to miss the post race gathering. Every year we get invited to this totally over the top black tie dinner at the Waldorf Astoria. It's a fundraiser for the Hebrew Home at Riverdale, a very, very good nursing home in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. It usually does fall on the same day as the marathon (when I ran NY in 2008, I had to go home, shower and put on a tuxedo and haul ass back into the city for the dinner). I totally forgot about it when I said earlier that I'd be able to meet everyone after the marathon. I'm going to see if there's any way I can hit the gathering before the dinner, but it may be tough.
If it were up to me, I'd bag the black tie dinner and come hang out with everyone.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wolfe Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:21 am

Blue; Wave 3; Corral 46; bib 46412. Strangely I'm one of the few people in the US without a cellphone.
Dave Wolfe
Dave Wolfe
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:38 am

Seth Harrison wrote:I'm so bummed...I have a feeling I'm going to have to miss the post race gathering. Every year we get invited to this totally over the top black tie dinner at the Waldorf Astoria. It's a fundraiser for the Hebrew Home at Riverdale, a very, very good nursing home in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. It usually does fall on the same day as the marathon (when I ran NY in 2008, I had to go home, shower and put on a tuxedo and haul ass back into the city for the dinner). I totally forgot about it when I said earlier that I'd be able to meet everyone after the marathon. I'm going to see if there's any way I can hit the gathering before the dinner, but it may be tough.
If it were up to me, I'd bag the black tie dinner and come hang out with everyone.

I absolutely want to meet Seth when he's wearing a tux!
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Randy E Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:11 pm

I might see Seth in a tux. I'm staying at the Waldorf. If I see him we will take a picture together.
Randy E
Randy E
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:15 pm

Natalie wrote:

Randy E wrote:I might see Seth in a tux. I'm staying at the Waldorf. If I see him we will take a picture together.

You guys are pretty funny...the fact is that I've been trying to figure out a way to stop by the gathering before our dinner, and yes, I'd most likely be showing up in my tuxedo. The problem is convincing my wife to go have a beer with my running friends while she's dressed up for a gala affair. Taking two cars into the city may be just a bit much to ask...

Randy, here's my cell...(914) 703-0366. If you get back to the hotel before around 9:30-10:00, give me a call. We'll at least have a chance to say hello and take a photo with each other.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:15 pm

I decided I'm going to the gala at the Waldorf...
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Randy E Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:12 am

Seth Harrison wrote:
Natalie wrote:

Randy E wrote:I might see Seth in a tux. I'm staying at the Waldorf. If I see him we will take a picture together.

You guys are pretty funny...the fact is that I've been trying to figure out a way to stop by the gathering before our dinner, and yes, I'd most likely be showing up in my tuxedo. The problem is convincing my wife to go have a beer with my running friends while she's dressed up for a gala affair. Taking two cars into the city may be just a bit much to ask...

Randy, here's my cell...(914) 703-0366. If you get back to the hotel before around 9:30-10:00, give me a call. We'll at least have a chance to say hello and take a photo with each other.

Seth, got it. I will call if that works out. My cell: 312-735-3738.
Randy E
Randy E
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:55 pm

Natalie wrote:I decided I'm going to the gala at the Waldorf...

Wish we could all go...I'd have a lot more fun!
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3