365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NYC dinner

+5
Vivian
Sara Jane
KBFitz
Kenny B.
Seth Harrison
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

NYC dinner Empty NYC dinner

Post  Seth Harrison Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:05 am

From the responses on the other thread, it looks like people's plans for NY are all over the map, so why don't we plan on a Friday night or early Sat. evening dinner. Let's get an idea of how people can make it and what night works best and I can make a reservation. Last year we had it at Tony Dinapoli in mid-town, and that seemed to work well.
Start chiming in...
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

NYC dinner Empty Re: NYC dinner

Post  Kenny B. Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:34 am

I will be there either fri or for sat dinner. I am not running it so I am flexibile. Depending on day I might have wife and daughter as well.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KBFitz Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:53 pm

Yes, Seth, that's right. Looks like getting this group together would be as difficult as hearding cats. I would be up for either Friday night or Saturday evening. Tony DiNapoli's would be a good option, but as you know there is no shortage of good eats in the city. Note that the Opening Ceremony for the Marathon is in Central Park Friday from 6-8pm closing with fireworks.
KBFitz
KBFitz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Jane Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:01 pm

I am up for anything - except Saturday from 5-7 (that's when my charity dinner is!)...I'd really like to see this group, but understand if I have to miss it.

Sunday afternoon is another possibility...(though it would have to be more like early evening as some people don't even start until 10:40)...

Anyway, count me in for anything that does not fit within that 2-hour window!

Last edited by Sara Jane on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sara Jane
Sara Jane
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:33 pm

I prefer Saturday because I will be driving up from DC either Friday evening or Saturday morning.
Vivian
Vivian

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:54 pm

Well, this is a bit embarrassing...after volunteering to organize the dinner, I just realized that I'm going to be out of town for the weekend because I have to be upstate taking my daughter on a tour of a couple of upstate colleges (I'm not running NY this year). I'll still be happy to help make arrangements though. If someone else wants to take over organizing, that make make sense. I'll still track the thread to see if my help is needed in making a reservation.
FYI: the restaurant that we met at last year is Tony DiNapoli in midtown. Here's the info for the restaurant:
147 W 43rd St
New York, NY 10036
(212) 221-0100

Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:20 pm

Seth Harrison wrote:Well, this is a bit embarrassing...after volunteering to organize the dinner, I just realized that I'm going to be out of town for the weekend because I have to be upstate taking my daughter on a tour of a couple of upstate colleges (I'm not running NY this year). I'll still be happy to help make arrangements though. If someone else wants to take over organizing, that make make sense. I'll still track the thread to see if my help is needed in making a reservation.
FYI: the restaurant that we met at last year is Tony DiNapoli in midtown. Here's the info for the restaurant:
147 W 43rd St
New York, NY 10036
(212) 221-0100

That sounds like something I would do... Sorry we won't meet this time Seth!
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:28 pm

Natalie wrote:
Seth Harrison wrote:Well, this is a bit embarrassing...after volunteering to organize the dinner, I just realized that I'm going to be out of town for the weekend because I have to be upstate taking my daughter on a tour of a couple of upstate colleges (I'm not running NY this year). I'll still be happy to help make arrangements though. If someone else wants to take over organizing, that make make sense. I'll still track the thread to see if my help is needed in making a reservation.
147 W 43rd St
New York, NY 10036
(212) 221-0100

That sounds like something I would do... Sorry we won't meet this time Seth!

I'm sorry too Natalie. On the off chance that there ends up being an after marathon gathering Sunday evening, I could hopefully make that.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:02 pm

Just checked with Tony D's and Saturday night is out unless you want to eat at 4:30 or 8pm. I ain't running but that is to early typically and much to late IMO.

So if we want to do Sat night the issue will be where at this point? looking into other places now

I made 6:30pm reservations here and Maria Pia.
vice versa nyc http://www.viceversarestaurant.com/index2.htm
325 West 51st Street
New York, NY 10019
(212) 399-9265
Place is nice but a bit more upscale

I am going to find a more traditional italian joint with some regular familiar pasta dishes etc. Waiting for wife to come home.

maria pia
http://www.mariapianyc.com/media/websitemari.html
We have 6:30 pm reservations as well. I think this is a better place for us a bit more traditional italian.
319 West 51st Street, New York, NY (212) 765-6463

Keep in mind they do not have whole wheat pasta if that is an issue for you then lets find a different place.

Now we just need to know if Sat 6:30 works and how many people

Last edited by Kenny B. on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:42 pm

Kenny B. wrote:Just checked with Tony D's and Saturday night is out unless you want to eat at 4:30 or 8pm. I ain't running but that is to early typically and much to late IMO.

So if we want to do Sat night the issue will be where at this point? looking into other places now

vice versa nyc http://www.viceversarestaurant.com/index2.htm
325 West 51st Street
New York, NY 10019
(212) 399-9265
Place is nice but a bit more upscale

I am going to find a more traditional italian joint with some regular familiar pasta dishes etc. Waiting for wife to come home.

maria pia
http://www.mariapianyc.com/media/websitemari.html
We have 6:30 pm reservations as well. I think this is a better place for us a bit more traditional italian.
319 West 51st Street, New York, NY (212) 765-6463

Keep in mind they do not have whole wheat pasta if that is an issue for you then lets find a different place.

Now we just need to know if Sat 6:30 works and how many people

Vice versa is a GREAT restaurant, but definitely pricey. You'll really enjoy it if you do decide to go there.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:07 pm

Seth - Wife and I love Vice Versa. Problem is its not traditional italian a bit more creative dishes.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:22 pm

I'm out - won't be there until Saturday midday and we are seeing a 4 pm show on Saturday. I'd still be up for trying to get together on Sunday afternoon if anyone else is still around.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Jane Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:00 pm

How 'bout we plan on the Sunday afternoon thing? Seems like it's the only thing that will work for everyone. Assuming that the people who start in the last wave (10:40) might take 4.5-5 hours,....and it takes a while to get your bag when you are back there (took me about 45 minutes from that wave in 2008, though I think there were screw ups)...it seems we shouldn't plan anything before 5.

Thoughts? I am happy to help come up with a place. I have visited pretty much every drinking establishment in the city! I have some friends who own a bar around 50th/9th and they might be having a little to-do afterwards as a couple of them are running - so that might be a good spot. It's a fun Irish Pub. But if people want something else, that's cool too. I will find out from my friend in the meantime...

Alternatively, my charity (Autism Speaks) is having a get-together at Mercury Bar on 9th b/w 45th and 46th (I think)...there are drink specials, etc. That's another idea.

Just throwing stuff out there. I am not married to going to the charity spot post-race - I'd rather use that as a chance to see people from this forum.

I just hope I am feeling celebratory NYC dinner 1078438882 and not immobile. NYC dinner 4209083858
Sara Jane
Sara Jane
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:03 am

Sara Jane wrote:How 'bout we plan on the Sunday afternoon thing? Seems like it's the only thing that will work for everyone. Assuming that the people who start in the last wave (10:40) might take 4.5-5 hours,....and it takes a while to get your bag when you are back there (took me about 45 minutes from that wave in 2008, though I think there were screw ups)...it seems we shouldn't plan anything before 5.

Thoughts? I am happy to help come up with a place. I have visited pretty much every drinking establishment in the city! I have some friends who own a bar around 50th/9th and they might be having a little to-do afterwards as a couple of them are running - so that might be a good spot. It's a fun Irish Pub. But if people want something else, that's cool too. I will find out from my friend in the meantime...

Alternatively, my charity (Autism Speaks) is having a get-together at Mercury Bar on 9th b/w 45th and 46th (I think)...there are drink specials, etc. That's another idea.

Just throwing stuff out there. I am not married to going to the charity spot post-race - I'd rather use that as a chance to see people from this forum.

do it.

I just hope I am feeling celebratory NYC dinner 1078438882 and not immobile. NYC dinner 4209083858
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:04 am

Do sun. Sara all yours. Im down for it.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:36 am

I'm good for Sunday too. I'm one of those last wave runners, so the later the better.
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:42 pm

Since I'm not running, I don't have a vote, but if you do end up having a get together post-race, there's a pretty good chance I'll be able to attend. I'm hoping for Sunday.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:56 pm

Sunday post-marathon would be good for me although I can't leave New York too late because I am traveling early Monday morning and don't want to get back to DC too late Sunday night. Later is not better for me.
Vivian
Vivian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Jane Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:05 am

OK, well if I help plan something on Sunday - it won't be while other people are still potentially running or going through the finishing area. That just doesn't seem appropriate. So since the last wave starts at 10:40 + 5 hoursish...that is 3:40. So I think if we did something Friday it would have to be no earlier than 4:30/5.

People can of course always plan something for Saturday too, I just have my charity stuff so I can't be part of that.

If we have enough people up for about 5 on Sunday, I'll move forward and try to figure something out.
Sara Jane
Sara Jane
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:46 pm

Sunday around 4:30-5Pm would be good for me since the hockey game is not until 7:30 pm. I don't know the city at all, so I'm out for the planning thing.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:00 pm

Count me in for Sunday. If you need help finding a place, let me know.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Jane Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:43 am

Seth Harrison wrote:Count me in for Sunday. If you need help finding a place, let me know.

Great! I think I am good on places - just trying to decide b/w a few. I've asked Dave-O to sticky this, so hopefully we won't lose track of it. Also, it would be great if we could start compiling a name of everyone who plans to be there. Let's shoot for 4:30/5 as a start time...

Sara Jane
Seth
Kenny(?)
Natalie
Vivian (briefly)
Kevin
Michele (before Hockey game)

These are just of the top of my head...who am I missing?

When we have a complete list, I will compile a list of numbers so we can text each other in the case of changes/issues.

Can't wait! What an awesome group of 365ers!
Sara Jane
Sara Jane
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  KBFitz Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:50 am

Sara Jane wrote:I have some friends who own a bar around 50th/9th and they might be having a little to-do afterwards as a couple of them are running - so that might be a good spot. It's a fun Irish Pub.
I say book em! Since it's a pub, those of us who finish and shower early can get a head start on the rest of you guys. Cool Coolio.
KBFitz
KBFitz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:00 pm

So can we walk there after the finish? I used to live in NYC am I still don't know my way around. 4:30 is good--I can make an appearance at the very least and like Kevin, if the first wavers finish earlier, we can hang out beforehand.
Vivian
Vivian

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:33 pm

I'm staying in Times Square, and I'll have my daughter and possibly husband with me. If he is here, then they won't come, but if it is just her - she will. The hockey game is at Madison Square Garden of course, so somewhere not too far from the two spots owuld work for me.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next