365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NYC dinner

+5
Vivian
Sara Jane
KBFitz
Kenny B.
Seth Harrison
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

NYC dinner - Page 2 Empty Re: NYC dinner

Post  Sara Jane Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:56 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:I'm staying in Times Square, and I'll have my daughter and possibly husband with me. If he is here, then they won't come, but if it is just her - she will. The hockey game is at Madison Square Garden of course, so somewhere not too far from the two spots owuld work for me.

Yes. It will be somewhere b/w 45th and the 50s on 9th avenue. Easily walkable from Columbus Circle (race finish) or Times Square hotels (I am also staying in one)...I will give very detailed instructions once I confirm a place.

MSG is a short walk down from times square (times square=42nd, MSG=34th)...also, the "blue" subway line (A,C,E) runs on 8th avenue so those who don't want to walk any of this have that option...

In other words - and in New York terms - it's all very close to the finish and to times square.

I am reminded that when I originally joined the V-team...I was a New Yorker! Miss that city like crazy.
Sara Jane
Sara Jane
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Jane Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:59 pm

KBFitz wrote:
Sara Jane wrote:I have some friends who own a bar around 50th/9th and they might be having a little to-do afterwards as a couple of them are running - so that might be a good spot. It's a fun Irish Pub.
I say book em! Since it's a pub, those of us who finish and shower early can get a head start on the rest of you guys. Cool Coolio.

Kevin-just confirming with them what's going on that day. It's also, as it happens, a Steelers bar...and they have night game that day, so I need to confirm that it would actually be a good meet up spot. That might actually be a good thing since the game is not until later. I'll know in the next week.

I have a couple other ideas of more spacious spots nearby that might be good too. I used to hit all of these spots in one night... Smile Good times.

Anyone know if Bob K. is going to be around?
Sara Jane
Sara Jane
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Vivian wrote:So can we walk there after the finish? I used to live in NYC am I still don't know my way around. 4:30 is good--I can make an appearance at the very least and like Kevin, if the first wavers finish earlier, we can hang out beforehand.

If the gathering is at a bar on the West Side (like 50th and 9th), than yes, walking there from the finish isn't a big deal. If you're not in any condition to walk, then it's a very short cab ride.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Good. I only hope I don't end up in the hospital like I did in my last marathon.
Vivian
Vivian

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:28 pm

Vivian wrote:Good. I only hope I don't end up in the hospital like I did in my last marathon.

I hope not also, especially since all the good hospitals are on the East Side! Smile
Plus, we'd miss seeing you and your beautiful family!!!
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:48 pm

so when is this? What day and time and place?
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Jane Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:48 pm

Seth Harrison wrote:
Vivian wrote:Good. I only hope I don't end up in the hospital like I did in my last marathon.

I hope not also, especially since all the good hospitals are on the East Side! Smile
Plus, we'd miss seeing you and your beautiful family!!!

I disagree. I once spent a lovely day with a company member at some ER somewhere in the 50s near 9th. Wink Will be perfect distance for Viv to get their either from the racecourse or the pub!
Sara Jane
Sara Jane
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Jane Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:50 pm

Kenny B. wrote:so when is this? What day and time and place?

Um, the NYC Marathon? November 6th? (See above...exact time and place TBD but relative location and time discussed at length)...
Sara Jane
Sara Jane
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:46 am

Sorry, as a suffering Clevelander I doubt I can get my husband to a Steelers bar Laughing Just kidding - planning on it.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Jane Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:40 am

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Sorry, as a suffering Clevelander I doubt I can get my husband to a Steelers bar Laughing Just kidding - planning on it.

As a Steelers fan (on my dad's side) I don't even like being in a Steelers bar. Smile That's why I want to verify timing. I have an alternate idea about a block away if I feel like this isn't the best choice.
Sara Jane
Sara Jane
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:40 am

Sara Jane wrote:OK, well if I help plan something on Sunday - it won't be while other people are still potentially running or going through the finishing area. That just doesn't seem appropriate. So since the last wave starts at 10:40 + 5 hoursish...that is 3:40. So I think if we did something Friday it would have to be no earlier than 4:30/5.

I definitely appreciate this since I am in the last wave and would like to count on having 5 hours to finish and then get out of the finish area. We are staying in Soho. I can forgo a shower, but I (and you) will not be happy if I do. Wink
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Jane Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:03 pm

Sara Jane wrote:
Seth Harrison wrote:Count me in for Sunday. If you need help finding a place, let me know.

Great! I think I am good on places - just trying to decide b/w a few. I've asked Dave-O to sticky this, so hopefully we won't lose track of it. Also, it would be great if we could start compiling a name of everyone who plans to be there. Let's shoot for 4:30/5 as a start time...

Sara Jane
Seth
Kenny(?)
Natalie
Vivian (briefly)
Kevin
Michele (before Hockey game)

These are just of the top of my head...who am I missing?

When we have a complete list, I will compile a list of numbers so we can text each other in the case of changes/issues.

Can't wait! What an awesome group of 365ers!

Dave Wolfe

OK, who else?
Bob?
Sara Jane
Sara Jane
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:11 pm

Sounds like a great crew to me!
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Jane Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:26 pm

Natalie wrote:Sounds like a great crew to me!

+100

So can everyone "RSVP" informally and let me know how many people (if you have family as well)? It won't be like a "dinner reservation" but I am going to try to reserve some sort of something so we aren't all at some pub standing because it's packed full. That sounds like a buzzkill after a marathon. I won't hold you to it - but if you plan on coming on Sunday, around 4:30/5ish until wheneverish, just post here and let me know if it is just you or if there are additional family members!

NYC dinner - Page 2 1078438882
(I just like this guy...I won a bucking bronco contest once. true story. mechanical, of course...but I did have a pitcher of water on my head...)
Sara Jane
Sara Jane
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:19 pm

It'll just be me.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:30 pm

It will probably be three of us. Sarah's only 15 -- is it a bar bar, or is it a restaurant/bar?
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Jane Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:08 pm

Natalie wrote:It will probably be three of us. Sarah's only 15 -- is it a bar bar, or is it a restaurant/bar?

The place I am currently looking into is a restaurant-bar (pub)...she'll be fine wherever. It's New York. Can't wait to meet her!
Sara Jane
Sara Jane
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:52 am

probably 4 -- 2 adults, 2 children
Vivian
Vivian

Back to top Go down

NYC dinner - Page 2 Empty The Plan

Post  Sara Jane Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:17 pm

OK, here's the plan. I decided to go with a different place that I know is bigger (my friend's place is very small and, well, I don't want to stand...). This is a spot I've frequented through the years and always enjoyed...So...

4:30pm on Sunday, post-race (under my name, Sara Baldwin)

The House of Brews
http://www.houseofbrewsny.com/
302 West 51st Street (b/w 8th and 9th Avenues, closer to 8th)

If you get there before that time, you could obviously just sit at the bar and hang out...also note that it has an upstairs and a downstairs.

For those not familiar with New York (to give some perspective):
...the center of Times Square is around 42nd and 7th Avenue/Broadway.
When you finish the race, you come out of the park around 72nd and Central Park West (same as 8th Avenue)

If you are using the subway, the "blue" trains (A,C,E) run up and down 8th avenue (Central Park West). There are stops at 42nd, 50th, 59th, 72nd...)

My cell phone number is: (240) 529-8464. I am in the 10:10 wave and intend to finish in 3:59 Wink...or thereabouts! As such, I will not be the first one done (most of the group is in wave 1).

See you all there to celebrate!

Also, please continue to RSVP. So far I have:

Sara Jane
Natalie +2
Seth
Vivian +3
Kenny +1
Michele +?
Kevin

Last edited by Sara Jane on Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sara Jane
Sara Jane
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:12 pm

Thanks, Sara Jane. Count me as 1 for now, and I'll keep you posted. My daughter and husband may want to do some site seeing rather than hang out with us crazy runners Smile
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:00 pm

Wait... so am I to understand that we are to show up "as is"? Since I will probably be the last one finishing of this crew, I just want to be sure. I'll probably be freezing...
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Jane Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:17 pm

Natalie wrote:Wait... so am I to understand that we are to show up "as is"? Since I will probably be the last one finishing of this crew, I just want to be sure. I'll probably be freezing...

Up to you. I think we will be there for a little while so you can change if you want. I intend to shower and change.
Sara Jane
Sara Jane
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:46 pm

Thanks for setting it up Sara Jane. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:59 am

I'm going to shower, so I'll definitely be the last to arrive.
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Randy E Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:18 am

Hi all. I hope your final two weeks of training goes well.
I will have some family to deal with after the marathon. But, since you all are meeting at 4:30 I may be able to stop by for a while and say hello. So, count me in for now.
Thanks.
Randy E
Randy E
Poster
Poster

http://www.eggefinancial.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next