365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

who are your teams? List here for good natured ribbing, trash, and the like

+22
Mike MacLellan
charles
Ken Mello
Diego
mountandog
Gobbles
John Kilpatrick
jon c
Alex Kubacki
Dave-O
amyjoann
Michele "1L" Keane
Michael Mitchell
Nick Morris
Glenn
Jerry
dot520
Chris M
Jeff F
Mark B
mul21
healdgator
26 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

who are your teams?  List here for good natured ribbing, trash, and the like - Page 2 Empty Re: who are your teams? List here for good natured ribbing, trash, and the like

Post  healdgator Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:11 am

Denard Robinson is my favorite player in the country right now (along with RGIII). Denard is both team's best player pretty much every week. Love that guy, but he should be the difference making receiver that we need so badly right now. Instead, he wanted to play QB.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

who are your teams?  List here for good natured ribbing, trash, and the like - Page 2 Empty Re: who are your teams? List here for good natured ribbing, trash, and the like

Post  Diego Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:02 am

You would have to ask that one now, wouldn't you.

Baseball--Halo's, inept rookie closer!!

Football--Broncos- born in Denver and USC Trojans, my alma mater
Basketball--Spartans, Bruins and really, really miss Tarkanian's rebels--I don't like any current pro te(I)ams.

Hockey--Avalanche(Nordiques) and Flyers from the 70's and 80's
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:27 am

Robinson needs to show he can pass or there's going to be 10 guys sitting in the box waiting for him.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:25 am

Alex Kubacki wrote:Robinson needs to show he can pass or there's going to be 10 guys sitting in the box waiting for him.

Exactly...he may have talent, but I think he is still very raw.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Mello Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:40 am

Baseball - Red Sox

Basketball - Celtics

Football - Patriots

Hockey - Bruins

who are your teams?  List here for good natured ribbing, trash, and the like - Page 2 Boston10
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:00 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Alex Kubacki wrote:Robinson needs to show he can pass or there's going to be 10 guys sitting in the box waiting for him.

I think Notre Dame left their game with Michigan impressed......
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  charles Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:20 pm

CFB: Oklahoma
CBB: Memphis
NFL: Bears
NBA: Memphis Grizzlies
NHL: Flyers
charles
charles
Poster
Poster

http://www.memphis-defense.com

Back to top Go down

who are your teams?  List here for good natured ribbing, trash, and the like - Page 2 Empty Razorback running backs

Post  Diego Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:12 pm

Has any college team ever had such a high quality list of running backs who all played at the same time as Razorbacks' Felix Jones, McFadden and Peyton Hillis?

Sell CJ2k?
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:00 pm

healdgator wrote:Well, here's at least 1 potential future rival (either way with VPI or Missouri).

Doubt if VT is headed to the SEC, but maybe Missouri. In my opinion, Texas crapped in it's own nest with the Big 12 and has nobody to blame but themselves for what is happening there. I would of liked to see Mizzou in the big "10" for travel logistic issues, but the SEC would be OK too. So far, a lot of talk though....

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:12 pm

NHL: Ducks (sorry, they're my home team), but I enjoy watching the Sharks and Red Wings more.
Cycling: Cancellara, though Gilbert had a great season this past year.

The rest: unimportant.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:38 am

Buckeyes
Bears
Indians
Cubs
Bulls
Blackhawks
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:04 am

Well, it looks like the Red Sox and the Braves both complete epic September collapses. Congratulations to the Cardinals and Rays!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:39 am

As a hard core Sox fan I have to admit that was pretty comical last night. I mean the Rays down 7-0 in the 8th. The Sox leading in the ninth. Then everything blowing up. This is why sports will always be superior to the entertainment world because you just can't script this stuff.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:30 am

Diego wrote:Has any college team ever had such a high quality list of running backs who all played at the same time as Razorbacks' Felix Jones, McFadden and Peyton Hillis?

Portis, McGahee and Gore on the Hurricanes? They also had Najeh Davenport on that team, so technically they put 4 in the NFL.

Right now I'd give the slight edge to the Canes crew, but I'd say the Razorbacks have a chance to pass them when all is said and done.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:32 am

Ken Mello wrote:

who are your teams?  List here for good natured ribbing, trash, and the like - Page 2 Boston10

This makes me laugh. Maybe you can wipe your tears away with the magazine cover, Loozahs!

I also saw that the Red Sox went 6-18 after Buckner's Curb Your Enthusiasm episode. You can't make this stuff up!
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:57 am

jon c wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

2 years in a row. Put 10 in the box and he will throw over you. He has more problems with a balanced defense as his downfield passing still needs improvement. Footwork, timing, etc.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:58 am

fostever wrote:Buckeyes
Bears
Indians
Cubs
Bulls
Blackhawks

Buckeyes? Aren't they all suspended? Do they still have a team?
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:17 am

mountandog wrote:
jon c wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

2 years in a row. Put 10 in the box and he will throw over you. He has more problems with a balanced defense as his downfield passing still needs improvement. Footwork, timing, etc.

Don't necessarily disagree about the needing improvement part. Was pointing out that when you're down at your end of the field with less than a minute left in the game needing a touchdown to win that the opposing team expects you to pass. He made the throws when it counted and they won the game as a result. Giving him credit for that at least. His passing against SDSU last weekend wasn't the best, but it didn't need to be as it turned out.
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:23 pm

Go Brewers!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:51 pm

Nick Morris wrote:Go Brewers!!!
Yep, go Brewers. I helped out some of those fellas when they played for Nashville and my friend is the Brewers team doc in Milwaukee. You also got root for Uecker, don't you?
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:44 pm

Diego wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:Go Brewers!!!
Yep, go Brewers. I helped out some of those fellas when they played for Nashville and my friend is the Brewers team doc in Milwaukee. You also got root for Uecker, don't you?

You know you do. That guy has been around some horrible teams and finally, over the last couple of years, we have been able to put a winner together for him.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:54 pm

John Kilpatrick wrote:
healdgator wrote:Well, here's at least 1 potential future rival (either way with VPI or Missouri).

Doubt if VT is headed to the SEC, but maybe Missouri. In my opinion, Texas crapped in it's own nest with the Big 12 and has nobody to blame but themselves for what is happening there. I would of liked to see Mizzou in the big "10" for travel logistic issues, but the SEC would be OK too. So far, a lot of talk though....

I don't think either happens in the very near future, though I read a new "Mizzou to the SEC" rumor every day. VPI belongs in the SEC, but that won't happen anytime soon. I didn't really want any expansion at all, but at this point, my only real criteria is that the new team not be FSU.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:57 pm

Dave-O wrote:
Diego wrote:Has any college team ever had such a high quality list of running backs who all played at the same time as Razorbacks' Felix Jones, McFadden and Peyton Hillis?

Portis, McGahee and Gore on the Hurricanes? They also had Najeh Davenport on that team, so technically they put 4 in the NFL.

Right now I'd give the slight edge to the Canes crew, but I'd say the Razorbacks have a chance to pass them when all is said and done.

McFadden and Jones were in their prime at the same time, the Canes' crew was more of a succession deal. And McFadden is/was the beast of all of those guys. That's saying a lot b/c I though McGahee should have won the Heisman is last season. Also, Gore was never healthy with the Canes. He's been better in the pros than he was at UM (like Hillis, though Hillis was a fullback at Arkansas).
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:10 pm

jon c wrote:
mountandog wrote:
jon c wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

Don't necessarily disagree about the needing improvement part. Was pointing out that when you're down at your end of the field with less than a minute left in the game needing a touchdown to win that the opposing team expects you to pass. He made the throws when it counted and they won the game as a result. Giving him credit for that at least. His passing against SDSU last weekend wasn't the best, but it didn't need to be as it turned out.

I was at the Mich - ND game. It was electrifying. Never seen anything like it. Night game, beautiful weather, fans going nuts. Was a fantastic place to be at the moment. I am also a big DR fan.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff F Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:10 pm

healdgator wrote:
Dave-O wrote:

McFadden and Jones were in their prime at the same time, the Canes' crew was more of a succession deal. And McFadden is/was the beast of all of those guys. That's saying a lot b/c I though McGahee should have won the Heisman is last season. Also, Gore was never healthy with the Canes. He's been better in the pros than he was at UM (like Hillis, though Hillis was a fullback at Arkansas).

How about Nebraska in '82 - Rozier (Heisman) Roger Craig, and Irving Fryar. Rozier didn't do much in the NFL but Craig and Fryar did. Of course you young guys probably weren't even born when this happened
Jeff F
Jeff F
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next