365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 5 Beer List

+34
stanton
Tim C
Chris M
Michael Mitchell
Penelope
Gobbles
littlewally and farnk
JohnP
ChasMcG
carleenp
Pete B
gvey
fostever
Jerry
Don S
BigDogMom
Diego
mul21
Peg Coover
Dave Bussard
Jeff F
Matt W
Seth Harrison
Tim M
jdholland
Michele "1L" Keane
healdgator
Admin
Schuey
Nick Morris
Mark B
Mrs. Schuey
Mike MacLellan
Dave-O
38 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Top 5 Beer List - Page 4 Empty Re: Top 5 Beer List

Post  Chris M Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:06 pm

I'm late to this thread but enjoying catching up while drinking a Weihenstephaner Hefeweiss. Kronenbourg 1664 up next and then I'll have to cut myself off. Darn work. I'm also partial to Red Stripe since a visit to Jamaica a few years back. It looks like my fridge is empty of Hoegaardens right now but that is not usally the case. How many have I named? 4? Hmm, I do like the hefeweissen and light wheat beers....hmm....I'll go with Blue Moon not because I love it as much as the others I named but that's what I'll order most often when out.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete B Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:52 am

Tim M wrote:Top 5 Beer List - Page 4 Dogfish-head-90-minute-ipa-21396897

Chas and I went to a local bar with Peg and they were out of this. The waitress said that the brewery was back-ordered even. WTF?

My local connection hasn't been getting any 90 Minute in for the last couple of weeks - still hunting for the elusive 120 Minute although I have heard the amount being distributed is so slim that the chances are just that - slim to none.

BTW: Founder's Brewery - Dirty Bastard has been a great alternative.
Pete B
Pete B
Poster
Poster

http://www.ahouseinthewoods.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:04 pm

Tonight's selection...

Top 5 Beer List - Page 4 Prior810

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:12 pm

Mr MattM wrote:Tonight's selection...

Top 5 Beer List - Page 4 Prior810

Does that beer come with a spoon?? Laughing
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:40 pm

Flying Fish ESB is very good. Just got into a 6 pack, I had never had it before. Good stuff.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  carleenp Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:38 pm

Our homebrew equipment arrived this weekend, so now I have to work on brewing five favorite beers!
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim C Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:24 pm

You guys crack me up. Here we are on a running website, and one of the longest blogs is about the beers we all drink! Good stuff. drunken

1. Boont Amber Ale from Anderson Brewing Co
2. Franziskanner
3. Firestone DBA, Double Barrel Ale
4. Sierra Nevada pale ale
5. Fat Tire

5.5 Whatever my buddy is serving at his house today.

Caveat: My list changes a lot....

Last edited by Tim C on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tim C
Tim C
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:17 pm

Avery Collaboration Not Litigation

Top 5 Beer List - Page 4 6882910COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
Salvation. The name of two intricate Belgian-style ales created by us, Vinnie Cilurzo of Russian River Brewing and Adam Avery of Avery Brewing. After becoming friends a few years ago, we realized that we both had a Salvation in our line-ups. Was it going to be a problem? Should one of us relinquish the rights? "Hell no!" we said. In fact, it was quickly decided that we should blend the brews to catch the best qualities of each and create an even more complex libation. In April 2004, in top-secret meeting at Russian River Brewing (well actually it was packed in the pub, and many were looking over our shoulders wondering what the hell was going on), we came up with the perfect blend of the two Salvations. Natalie, Vinnie’s much more significant other, exclaimed, "We should call this Collaboration, not Litigation Ale!" "Perfect!" we shouted. We celebrated deep into the night, (or is it morning?). Fast forward to November 14, 2006. After talking about it for over 2 years we finally decided to pull the trigger and Vinnie flew out to Avery to brew his Salvation exactly as he does in his brewery. This was blended with Avery’s Salvation December 11th, 2006. We hope you enjoy it as much we enjoyed brewing and blending it.

Batch 1 (January 2007) - 8.99% ABV
Batch 2 (February 2008) - 8.72% ABV
Batch 3 (February 2009) - 8.97% ABV
Batch 4 (February 2010) - 8.91% ABV

Batch #3... Mmmm...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  stanton Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:28 pm

I feel like leaving work early after thinking about this list.

king 1. Weihenstephaner hefe weissbier king
2. Paulaner
3. Frankheim Alt
4. Allagash White
5. Negra Modelo
stanton
stanton

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff F Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:04 pm

At lunch I bought a couple of six packs, Leffe Blond and Breckenridge Vanilla Porter. I will have to put a couple in the freezer when I get home so I have a couple cold ones for floating in the pool later this evening.
Jeff F
Jeff F
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  amyjoann Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:07 pm

After reading everyone elses choices I'm feeling boring............but I'm a budlight girl . I do also like Wood Chuck I found it in Wisconsin during basketball season for my daughter .that was yummy,afro but it was sweet
amyjoann
amyjoann
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Beer List - Page 4 Empty Ahh, good to be back

Post  Jack_Scaff Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:33 pm

In no particular order:

Any Rogue
Any Stone
Any Bear Republic
Green Flash West Coast IPA
Youngs Double Chocolate Stout

And

Bud Light
Jack_Scaff
Jack_Scaff
Poster
Poster

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Concord&st

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:38 pm

Top 5 Beer List - Page 4 Duvel-10

From someone else's review:

As you can see in the picture, there is nice label that was made to look as though it was hand written with all the info on it.

The hop selections used include Saaz, Styrian Goldings, and Amarillo for the boil. It was then dry hopped with Styrian Goldings. Brewed on May 18, 2010 this bottle has a best by expiration of 3 years to the date. It weighs in at a measly 9.5% abv. Cork and caged with a decorative wrapping this special edition brew has a similar appearance as its generic relative. A hazy golden-sunshine hue with a billowing egg shell white head that looked like the top of a lemon marainge pie.

Contrary to the original Duvel, the hops do not get lost behind the yeast, but rather stand out in a big way. They still help to retain an earthy, spicy, herbal, floral aspect to the beer, however there is much more pronounced, crisp, and clean. The abv provides some muscle as it is a little hot on the nose. Sweet light malt notes give some depth as the yeast is still an ever-present part of the aroma.

My first sip was hoppy and glorious. After about half a glass I got used to the taste and other features started to come more vividly. The bitterness was that of a grassy, lemon, herbal character with a somewhat noble finish. Like a fresh Pilsner the Saaz combined with the Styrian Goldings to create that fresh earthy component while the Amarillo gave a minor citrus flare. The yeast was bold and vibrant with a bready, spicy notes and a faint sour finish. Champaign-like carbonation yielded a bubbly mouthfeel that was lively and happening.

I preferred this rendition over the original and green Duvel beers. The hops blend with the yeast making for a very energetic Belgian brew.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:59 pm

Wanted to add few beers to the list that I have just tired over the last couple of weeks that I have found to be pretty darn good:

1. Chief Black Haw Porter - Lake Mills, Wisconsin - Tyranena Brewing Co.
2. Porter - Chico, Ca. - Sierra Nevada - I use to drink this beer a lot when I lived in Chico but haven't for years and just rediscovered why I drank it so much while in Chico.
3. Ipswich Oatmeal Stout - Ipswich, Ma. - Mercury Brewing Co.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  tom Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:40 pm

I will go against the majority here and state outright that I typically dislike the majority of ales available and absolutely will not drink anything associated with the Belgian brewing tradition. I spent my formative years drinking Canadian and German beer on their home soil and have a very hard time considering anything that's not a true lager "beer." At the same time, I know this is something that's "me" and certainly don't begrudge any of you all of the fine beer you've listed above.

That said, I had a unique encounter this afternoon. I stopped at a grocery store that I typically do not visit and was astounded to see three boxes of Boulevard's "Boss Tom's Golden Bock" on the shelf. This beer is typically available here only during April and May, so it was quite a pleasant surprise to see it sitting there at the end of July.

Anyway, my top five American beers, in no particular order, would be:

Boulevard Boss Tom's Golden Bock

Sierra Nevada Glissade

Sierra Nevada Summerfest

Boulevard Bob's '47 Oktoberfest

Tie: People's Brewing Pilsener/Upland Oktoberfest

I can't do a list of my favorite beers because there is no way to rank the top breweries in Franconia, let alone Bavaria, let alone Germany.
tom
tom

Back to top Go down

Post  carleenp Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:20 pm

We bottled IPA and a Blonde Ale homebrews today. The blonde might turn out to be a good post run beer!
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:59 pm

Had a 22 oz Scuttlebutt Porter for the first time last night. Very good.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:53 pm

amyjoann wrote:After reading everyone elses choices I'm feeling boring............but I'm a budlight girl . I do also like Wood Chuck I found it in Wisconsin during basketball season for my daughter .that was yummy,afro but it was sweet

Ha - you're not boring. This is my top 5 list...

O'Douls
O'Douls amber
Kaliber
Sharps
Coors Cutter

now that's boring Rolling Eyes ....

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content