365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glass City Marathon Report - Stunned

+23
Jerry
Chris M
Schuey
Matt W
JohnP
dot520
Chris Coleman
John Kilpatrick
Jim Lentz
amyjoann
fostever
Nick Morris
carleenp
Michele "1L" Keane
Mark B
Julie
nkrichards
Seth Harrison
Paula Sue
jon c
T Miller
Michael Enright
Alex Kubacki
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Glass City Marathon Report - Stunned - Page 2 Empty Re: Glass City Marathon Report - Stunned

Post  Alex Kubacki Thu May 09, 2013 7:59 am

Matt W wrote:
Great job in cranking out an amazing finish. It's great when everything clicks and you are running better than you thought you could run. Recover well and get back to doing whatever you did to give you that kind of success.

Thanks Matt. It's awesome when it clicks during a race.

Schuey wrote:Alex hell yeah doesn't even describe it! Great job on running a wonderful race! The reward for if? Huge PR and a trip to Boston next spring! You came out and were a "gamer" and showed amazing "grit"!' I couldn't be happier for you!

This quote of your report stood out the most to me "mind, body and spirit all synched in perfect harmony!"

That my friend is what it is all about, there is no better feeling in the world when that right there happens in a race! I know that feeling and once you have a taste of it you only want it more and more. Truth be told I believe that happen because of one result you were ready and you excepted the moment. Personally I believe great moments happen when we let go and don't get in the way of ourselves!

Again fantastic race and look forward to meeting you on that little town called Boonesboro.

Thank you sir. To achieve that state during a run and especially during a race is what it's all about. And yes I will see you in Boonesboro.

Chris M wrote:Wish we could bottle what you experienced in the final 10k of a marathon. Stuff like that would sell for a gazillion dollars! Great job and fantastic result!

Thanks Chris. I know I'd love to bottle that up and hopefully experience that again.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Glass City Marathon Report - Stunned - Page 2 Empty Re: Glass City Marathon Report - Stunned

Post  Jerry Fri May 10, 2013 4:48 pm

Wow, I only read one similar experience before, but 30 seconds drop in pace, wow.

See you in Boston!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Fri May 10, 2013 6:47 pm

You deserve it, Alex. You've been fighting for this one a long time. Congrats.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  KBFitz Sun May 19, 2013 11:47 am

Your finish Alex, I want summa dat. You went to the well for that one. Nicely done!
KBFitz
KBFitz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wolfe Sun May 19, 2013 11:57 am

Great race -- how often do we all hope for the perfect day that happens sometimes in training but never shows up on race day? Love it.
Dave Wolfe
Dave Wolfe
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sun May 19, 2013 11:59 am

Just read this and wow. I am encouraged to find and experience that type of racing performance in my next marathon. Truly a divine experience.

congratulations on a monumental BQ and PR.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2