365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now What To Do???

+19
jon c
nkrichards
Seth Harrison
Dave Wolfe
Chris M
JohnP
Kenny B.
mul21
Mark B
fostever
mountandog
Ben Z
Julie
John Kilpatrick
Bob
dot520
Jerry
Michele "1L" Keane
Nick Morris
23 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Now What To Do??? - Page 8 Empty Re: Now What To Do???

Post  Nick Morris Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:33 pm

nkrichards wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
nkrichards wrote:Good job on the relay. Sounds like fun. I haven't tried one yet.

Have you decided on a fall marathon yet? I'm seriously considering Hamilton but I'm a bit concerned about the weather (wind on the lake) and the downhill section trashing my legs. I'm also looking at Monumental but it has a lot of turns and doesn't appear to be as fast as Hamilton.

I am 90% sure that I am running Hamilton again this year. From my experience last year, the wind was not really a factor along the lake. I do know that they are taking the loop out of the course along the lake this year. So, you will not have to run along the lake as much. As far as the downhill portion, I think as long as you add a little hill training or leg strengthening into your training, you will be fine. The down hill portion only last for about 3 miles.

Nick...I'm leaning toward Hamilton. I haven't registered yet but I did make a hotel reservation. Will probably register soon. I'm tempted to run Monumental so I can meet everyone but Hamilton appears to be a much quicker course.
Hope to see you there!

I haven't registered yet, nor booked a hotel, but I have been monitoring the flight prices. I will register within the next month or so. There won't be a problem with it filling up. Hope to see you there, too!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:46 pm

I headed out Sunday for an easy 12 miles. When I say easy, I mean easy...My legs were still feeling heavy from the day and week prior, so I backed off on pace and decided to just put in miles. Finished the 12 with a pace of 8:12. I then took off yesterday, as I continue to take it easy on my legs. Then tonight, I put in an easy 4 miles, again at an easy pace (7:52). Today was absolutely gorgeous, with the temperature in the mid 80s. The only downfall was the 20 mph winds, but the head wind did help me keep the pace slower. My plan is to keep the pace easy all week, as I try to get some "spring" back. I still have about a month and a half before my training program starts, so I don't want to get injured prior to even starting.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu May 02, 2013 9:20 pm

So, I ended up running my 4 miles at the gym today. Weird reason why I ended up there, too. The FBI were in my neighborhood today in search of a wanted man from Chicago. He was last seen on foot, near my neighborhood. So, another man hunt was on. He was proclaimed to be armed and dangerous, so I didn't want to take any chances. Good news is that they ended up catching the guy. I must say that the police/FBI do a great job of finding fugitives on the run.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat May 04, 2013 11:25 am

May the fourth be with you!!!
Now What To Do??? - Page 8 Thca3c10
May it be with my legs, as I am trying to bounce back from a little "dead leg". Beautiful morning for a run as the temp was at 60 degrees. The only thing I don't understand is how with a 7.5 mile out and back, that the wind was in my face both ways Smile Always seems to happen that way...

Anyways, I put in an efficient 7.5 miles this morning at a 7:40 average pace. My legs are starting to feel better and get the life back in them. I can tell, because I ran with negative splits this morning and finished strong.

Now I am off to Milwaukee for another Milwaukee Brewers game. Who do you got in the sausage race?? I am going with Chorizo, as he has a pretty good record this year.

Now What To Do??? - Page 8 Thcarx10
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun May 05, 2013 3:30 pm

Well, I was wrong. The Chorizo didn't win, but a very interesting race as the Bratwurst took a header rounding the corner. (I also forgot that portrait video sucks)

Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun May 05, 2013 3:32 pm

Got in a good 8.25 this morning. It was sunny and a lot warmer than it has been in a while. The sun kinda takes a lot out of you when you haven't ran in the warmth in a while. All in all a good run at a 7:51 pace.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue May 07, 2013 4:42 pm

This week marks the start of my spring "training" program as I start to ramp up for my actual training. Plan is to get in five days of running, one day of cross-training, and one day of rest. Wednesdays will consist of hill training (both up and down) and Mondays I play softball, so that will be considered my cross training (I am already a little sore from last night's game). Saturdays will consist of a mid-distance long run and Sundays will be my LSD. All the while, I will continue to do weight training two nights a week. Actual training will then start mid to late June, with an end goal of a BQ at the end of October/beginning of November.

Here goes nothing...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Tue May 07, 2013 5:59 pm

Sounds like a plan! Careful with that softball though - no sliding and no beating the ball to 1st (I did that and tore my calf).
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat May 11, 2013 10:35 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Sounds like a plan! Careful with that softball though - no sliding and no beating the ball to 1st (I did that and tore my calf).

Thanks Michele, but tell me to not play hard is like telling the Earth not to spin Wink
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat May 11, 2013 10:39 pm

Got in a good 8 miler today while visiting my parents. They have a crushed limestone trail that is a nice change of pace from the concrete and asphalt that I usually run. It was a pretty challenging out and back, as the wind was blowing at 30 mph. The headwind for the first four miles caused me to run 15 seconds per mile slower than the last four with the tailwind.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue May 14, 2013 6:56 pm

I am with you on the starting training and then marathon specific soon. I like you looking to BQ in October as well. Which race are doing for the BQ?
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue May 14, 2013 9:54 pm

Kenny B. wrote:I am with you on the starting training and then marathon specific soon. I like you looking to BQ in October as well. Which race are doing for the BQ?

I am seriously thinking about heading back to Hamilton, Ontario to run the Hamilton Road 2 Hope Marathon again. You are thinking Steamtown, right?
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue May 14, 2013 9:56 pm

The real beautiful day in Madison. High near 90 and abundant sunshine. The kind of weather that helps you work up a good lather during a run. I got in 4 this after following work. Then I subbed on some friends' volleyball team. We won all three games Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue May 14, 2013 10:32 pm

Canada nice. Did Toronto marathon years ago. I'm doing steamtown yes then NYC and broolyn is the plan.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed May 15, 2013 7:26 am

Kenny B. wrote:Canada nice. Did Toronto marathon years ago. I'm doing steamtown yes then NYC and broolyn is the plan.

I did Steamtown in 2011...very well ran course with good support. It was just killer warm that year and the last 8-9 miles are in the sun with up hills.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed May 15, 2013 7:28 am

Up early this morning for hill repeats. There is nothing like 5:30am hill repeats to make you want to stay in bed Wink I completed 4x .25 mile repeats (4 up/4 down). A killer way to start the day Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed May 15, 2013 8:55 am

Nick Morris wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:Canada nice. Did Toronto marathon years ago. I'm doing steamtown yes then NYC and broolyn is the plan.

I did Steamtown in 2011...very well ran course with good support. It was just killer warm that year and the last 8-9 miles are in the sun with up hills.

I am not liking your report on Steamtown at all! 8-9 miles in the sun up hills! A mid october race typically should be cool enough but it aint December.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed May 15, 2013 8:56 am

Nick Morris wrote:Up early this morning for hill repeats. There is nothing like 5:30am hill repeats to make you want to stay in bed Wink I completed 4x .25 mile repeats (4 up/4 down). A killer way to start the day Smile

Nick nice job on the repeats. What pace do you end up going up the hills at?
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed May 15, 2013 9:37 pm

Kenny B. wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:Up early this morning for hill repeats. There is nothing like 5:30am hill repeats to make you want to stay in bed Wink I completed 4x .25 mile repeats (4 up/4 down). A killer way to start the day Smile

Thanks. It is a pretty steep grade, so my sprint was around 7:20 (7:16-7:24). Going down is a different story, as I was around 5s (4:50-5:04).
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed May 15, 2013 9:40 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:

Thanks. It is a pretty steep grade, so my sprint was around 7:20 (7:16-7:24). Going down is a different story, as I was around 5s (4:50-5:04).

Nice pace I must say but are you saying your going up and down both as speed/hill work with no jog or rest in between? If so, dam. Also, why the speed work downhill?
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu May 16, 2013 6:22 pm

Kenny B. wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:

Nice pace I must say but are you saying your going up and down both as speed/hill work with no jog or rest in between? If so, dam. Also, why the speed work downhill?

Yeah, I sprint up hill and rest for one minute. Then I sprint downhill and rest for one minute. In this case, I did that 4x. The reason that I sprint downhill is that it works my quads on downhill running, just as much as th uphill work my hamstrings and calves. It is a killer workout...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu May 16, 2013 7:48 pm

Just finished an easy four miler...It is finally been gorgeous her in Madison. All week it has been in the upper to low 80s. It only took eight months, but it is finally nice again. It feels good to put in a good sweating run, instead of a being bundle up with winter tights.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat May 18, 2013 12:21 pm

I got in a good 10.5 miles this morning on a warm Saturday morning. I got a good weat in and was really starting to feel the heat by the last mile. I am guess that it will still be a couple of weeks before I get used to running in the warmer temps again.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P Sat May 18, 2013 5:11 pm

I am so ready to run in warmer temps!
Dave P
Dave P
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat May 18, 2013 9:47 pm

Dave P wrote:I am so ready to run in warmer temps!

Aren't we all!!! Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum