365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now What To Do???

+19
jon c
nkrichards
Seth Harrison
Dave Wolfe
Chris M
JohnP
Kenny B.
mul21
Mark B
fostever
mountandog
Ben Z
Julie
John Kilpatrick
Bob
dot520
Jerry
Michele "1L" Keane
Nick Morris
23 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Now What To Do??? - Page 9 Empty Re: Now What To Do???

Post  Kenny B. Sun May 19, 2013 10:52 am

Double digit land is a nice place to be. You'll acclimate to warmer weather soon enough and by the time you do you'll be ready for fall weather. Lol
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wolfe Sun May 19, 2013 12:20 pm

What Kenny said warmer temps and longer distances. Sounds good to me.
Dave Wolfe
Dave Wolfe
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu May 23, 2013 6:40 pm

Well, add Texas to the ever expanding list of states that I have ran in. This week saw me head to Austin, Texas for work. It was my first time in Austin and I must say that it is a fun town. There seems to be a lot that goes on in tat city and the music scene is pretty good. I got in a couple of runs while I was there, too. It was nice and humid for a couple of four mile runs, but very enjoyable. Unfortunately, I had to head back home today, but will be heading back to Austin in a couple of months.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri May 24, 2013 7:23 pm

Kenny B. wrote:Double digit land is a nice place to be. You'll acclimate to warmer weather soon enough and by the time you do you'll be ready for fall weather. Lol

Lol...ain't that the truth!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri May 24, 2013 7:26 pm

Back from Austin and back at it. A quick four miles (7:29 pace) to start the holiday weekend. The plan is to get in another two days of running out of the three day holiday weekend. I also did the math today and I am a little over four weeks away from the start of my fall marathon training cycle. My plan is to cut back to a 19 week program, after completing a 21 week program last year. 21 weeks was just too long and I was mentally drained at the end. I am hoping that going back to 19 weeks will help me keep my sanity Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Fri May 24, 2013 9:34 pm

I've had the same thing happen to me too. I've gone to a 16 week cycle for exactly that reason.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat May 25, 2013 2:48 pm

I got in a good 10 miler today at what seemed to be a pretty easy 7:39 pace. I am beginning to think that mother nature is f-ing with me. The temps went from 85 earlier in the week to 55 today. I went from a singlet to sleeves. Oh well, by next week it is supposed to be back in the 80s...such is Wisconsin...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sat May 25, 2013 3:13 pm

Nick Morris wrote:I got in a good 10 miler today at what seemed to be a pretty easy 7:39 pace. I am beginning to think that mother nature is f-ing with me. The temps went from 85 earlier in the week to 55 today. I went from a singlet to sleeves. Oh well, by next week it is supposed to be back in the 80s...such is Wisconsin...

How about 80F for the Cleveland Marathon to a FROST warning this morning along the lake - I hear you!!!! Good run!

Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Mon May 27, 2013 8:05 pm

Nick Morris wrote: I also did the math today and I am a little over four weeks away from the start of my fall marathon training cycle. My plan is to cut back to a 19 week program, after completing a 21 week program last year. 21 weeks was just too long and I was mentally drained at the end. I am hoping that going back to 19 weeks will help me keep my sanity Smile

Have you decided on Hamilton for sure? I'm pretty sure that's going to be my choice and I'll probably register soon.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu May 30, 2013 7:15 am

nkrichards wrote:
Nick Morris wrote: I also did the math today and I am a little over four weeks away from the start of my fall marathon training cycle. My plan is to cut back to a 19 week program, after completing a 21 week program last year. 21 weeks was just too long and I was mentally drained at the end. I am hoping that going back to 19 weeks will help me keep my sanity Smile

Have you decided on Hamilton for sure? I'm pretty sure that's going to be my choice and I'll probably register soon.

Yes, that is going to be my race this year. Did you see that they released the new course map? My plan is to register by June 24th. I want to make sure that I make it to the start of my training healthy.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu May 30, 2013 7:18 am

Hill repeats this morning...ugh...back at the hill repeats after taking last week off from hills due to business travel. 4x (4up/4down) of .25 mile hill. It was humid this morning, so the sweat was beading.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu May 30, 2013 7:22 am

Nick Morris wrote:
nkrichards wrote:

Yes, that is going to be my race this year. Did you see that they released the new course map? My plan is to register by June 24th. I want to make sure that I make it to the start of my training healthy.

Here is the link to the course map if you haven't seen it yet. they removed the 5k loop that you had to run when you got to the lake and added it to the top of the hill. I think it will benefit runners, as you do not have to worry about messing up the loop. Plus, the 3 mile downhill comes later in the race and allows you to rest up for the final 10 miles.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5942475
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Thu May 30, 2013 9:15 pm

Thanks for the link Nick. I like the looks of the course changes. I've booked a room at Best Western. It's a bit spendy but should be convenient and it has two beds...my daughter will travel with me. I haven't booked anything that I can't cancel yet but I'll register in a few weeks and then look seriously at plane tickets.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri May 31, 2013 4:58 pm

nkrichards wrote:Thanks for the link Nick. I like the looks of the course changes. I've booked a room at Best Western. It's a bit spendy but should be convenient and it has two beds...my daughter will travel with me. I haven't booked anything that I can't cancel yet but I'll register in a few weeks and then look seriously at plane tickets.

That sounds like a good plan. It is pretty easy to get the the finish line to take the shuttle to the start. No matter what hotel you are staying in. There is a Holiday Inn Express that is located the closest, but it filled up by the time I booked last year. I stayed a couple miles south of the finish and it worked out well. The big debate is whether to fly into Hamilton (more expensive) or fry into Toronto. Be very mindful of when your flight time is when you leave to go home. My flight was at 10:00 am and we still almost missed our flight. Even though we left for the airport at 6:15. The morning commute to Toronto is HORRIBLE, so it may be worth the price to fly into Hamilton instead.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri May 31, 2013 8:37 pm

Got in an easy 4.25 miles this afternoon after hitting up some weight training at the gym. Finished at a 7:40 pace. Going to get in a hilly 8 tomorrow before putting in at least 12 on Sunday.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:49 pm

Whew...A hot and humid one this morning that made my singlet and shorts look like I ran through a sprinkler. Got in a good 8.83 miles this morning along my hilly route. legs were tired and the humidity was there, but I still managed to bang it out with a 7:59 pace. We'll see what tomorrow brings, as it is supposed to be a carbon copy of this morning.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:49 am

What a difference a day makes. This morning was supposed to be a carbon copy of yesterday, but a cold front pushed through last night and made this morning's run much better than yesterday's. Went from lower 70s at 8am yesterday, to 50 at 8am this morning. Got in a good 12.10 miles at an 8:01 pace. My average HR was a very respectible 139 (185 max). To top it all off, I am two pounds down from last week. Life is getting good again Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:56 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
nkrichards wrote:Thanks for the link Nick. I like the looks of the course changes. I've booked a room at Best Western. It's a bit spendy but should be convenient and it has two beds...my daughter will travel with me. I haven't booked anything that I can't cancel yet but I'll register in a few weeks and then look seriously at plane tickets.

That sounds like a good plan. It is pretty easy to get the the finish line to take the shuttle to the start. No matter what hotel you are staying in. There is a Holiday Inn Express that is located the closest, but it filled up by the time I booked last year. I stayed a couple miles south of the finish and it worked out well. The big debate is whether to fly into Hamilton (more expensive) or fry into Toronto. Be very mindful of when your flight time is when you leave to go home. My flight was at 10:00 am and we still almost missed our flight. Even though we left for the airport at 6:15. The morning commute to Toronto is HORRIBLE, so it may be worth the price to fly into Hamilton instead.

No good options for flights into Hamilton for us but we're looking at flights into London...78 miles west of Hamilton or Buffalo NY also about 75 miles but would have a lot more traffic and the border crossing. Toronto would be a last resort option only. We have time to fly in on Friday and fly out late Monday so no big deal if we need to drive a bit.

The important thing for now is to stay healthy and train well!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:32 pm

nkrichards wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

No good options for flights into Hamilton for us but we're looking at flights into London...78 miles west of Hamilton or Buffalo NY also about 75 miles but would have a lot more traffic and the border crossing. Toronto would be a last resort option only. We have time to fly in on Friday and fly out late Monday so no big deal if we need to drive a bit.

The important thing for now is to stay healthy and train well!

I do the Friday in and Monday out, as well...

"The important thing for now is to stay healthy and train well!" - I agree!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:56 pm

So, another Monday of cross training has passed. I hit the gym to get in some weight training prior to my softball game. Then went on to go 4-4 with 4 RBIs in my softball game. We won 21-12 and clinched a first half victory with one more game to go in the half.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:31 am

5:30am quarter mile hill repeats...whew...four up and four down. They seem to be getting a little easier (that's good, right?) I think the hardest part is getting out of bed to do them. Next week I plan to kick it up a notch and move to five up and five down. Sounds like fun, huh?
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:44 am

Took in an easy four mile yesterday. 4.13 at a 7:39 pace to be exact. I am just trying to put in the work before my training cycle begins on the 24th.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:47 am

I am taking the day off today, before I head into a weekend full of baseball and running. Going to all three weekend games vs. the Phillies, starting tonight. I am hoping that they can turn things around, but it is not looking good.

On a side note, yesterday I put together my training schedule for this cycle. It includes five 20 milers and four weeks with two-a-days. Should be fun...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:46 am

Nick Morris wrote:I am taking the day off today, before I head into a weekend full of baseball and running. Going to all three weekend games vs. the Phillies, starting tonight. I am hoping that they can turn things around, but it is not looking good.

On a side note, yesterday I put together my training schedule for this cycle. It includes five 20 milers and four weeks with two-a-days. Should be fun...

Haha I hear you on the baseball front I keep saying the Sox can turn it around. then I remind myself wait we hired a H.S. baseball coach to be manager of our team. Enough said!!!!

Sweet looks like you are stepping things up this training cycle and put your feet into new water. Oh, it's always fun even on those days when you don't want to get out of bed and run!!! Smile
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:58 pm

Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:I am taking the day off today, before I head into a weekend full of baseball and running. Going to all three weekend games vs. the Phillies, starting tonight. I am hoping that they can turn things around, but it is not looking good.

Haha I hear you on the baseball front I keep saying the Sox can turn it around. then I remind myself wait we hired a H.S. baseball coach to be manager of our team. Enough said!!!!

Sweet looks like you are stepping things up this training cycle and put your feet into new water. Oh, it's always fun even on those days when you don't want to get out of bed and run!!! Smile

Really?? I don't think Ventura is that bad of a manager. I think you guys need some better talent in a couple of areas. Plus, I think Paulie K. has finally hit the end of his productive career.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum