365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now What To Do???

+19
jon c
nkrichards
Seth Harrison
Dave Wolfe
Chris M
JohnP
Kenny B.
mul21
Mark B
fostever
mountandog
Ben Z
Julie
John Kilpatrick
Bob
dot520
Jerry
Michele "1L" Keane
Nick Morris
23 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Now What To Do??? - Page 5 Empty Re: Now What To Do???

Post  Nick Morris Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:15 pm

16.25 miles this morning. The first 16 miler of 2013...Total for the week is the most of 2013, as well, with 35. Stepback this coming week, before I turn it up another notch Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:13 pm

How are you getting these runs in outside, I assume there are some paved trails or paths there? Everything close to me is under snow still.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:29 pm

JohnP wrote:How are you getting these runs in outside, I assume there are some paved trails or paths there? Everything close to me is under snow still.
I have been running the street to a paved bike path that I normally run in the summer. The city maintains the path, in fact, better than my own street. Nine times out of ten, then have plowed the bike path before my street. Yesterday's eight miles was a little slippery as it was still snow covered in the morning. But yesterday's sun took care of what little snow cover there was, as today was clear and easy to run on.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:54 pm

Four miles tonight. Had to hit up the indoor track, as Winter Storm Rocky finally got to us. Hey Rock, can you leave us alone??
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:14 am

Glad to see that the knee woes are most likely behind you. We have been lucky here in that the least couple of storms have only given use rain and a dusting of snow, and it looks like this one won't be any different. it is nice to run on pavement even if it is in the rain.

Did you ever decide on your next race?
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:01 pm

Up early this morning to hit the track at the gym...the darn snow is still to fresh on the sidewalks. I am hoping by the weekend everything will be clear. Nothing worse than bad footing during a run...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:03 pm

Easy 8 miles this morning. I chose my hilly 8 mile loop for this run. I am trying to get more elevation change into some of my training runs and this loop has quite a few rolling hills, as well as, 3 large and long inclines. Tomorrow I have 12 miles to finish out my step back week. I think that I am going to hit up the University of Wisconsin Arboretum again for this run. I will have to do 2 laps around it, as each lap is around 6.25 miles. Hopefully this time I don't get run over by a turkey Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:07 pm

12 miles this morning to finish up a step back week. I hit up the UW Arboretum for two laps, with each lap being 6.25 miles. I finished the first lap in 48:37. The second lap was a little faster at 47:36. The totals were 12.51 miles at a 7:41 overall pace. The last time that I ran the Arb, I almost got ran over by a turkey. This time I didn't get run over, but the guy below came out to say hi to me. (I am pretty talented to be able to run and take photos at the same time Smile )

Now What To Do??? - Page 5 67296_10
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:22 pm

Wow, that looks like something you don't want to mess with!
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Great picture! Normally, we runners need to worry about getting run over by someone who's had too much Wild Turkey... not by the bird itself! jocolor
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:55 pm

Four miles on the track at the gym last night and another four outside this evening after work. I like it when the sun is actually out...and still out at 6 pm.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:34 pm

Easy 8 miles on a rainy Saturday morning. Did the hilly loop again. I like the elevation changes. They are fun, yet challenging Smile Completed a total of 8.75 miles at an 8:00 even pace...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  dot520 Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:05 pm

Love the way you embrace hills. I'll try to start thinking that way myself.
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:38 am

Four miles this morning before work, as I get prepared for some warm weather running Smile I am headed off to Phoenix on Friday, so I finally get to break out the shorts and sleeveles running shirt Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:28 am

Got in a quick 4.28 miles last night after work, before I started packing for my trip. My speed is starting to come back as I finished the run with a 7:10 average pace. Now it is off to the airport as I head to Phoenix and Las Vegas for the next week and a half. I so can't wait to be in the warm sun!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Nick,
If I remember correctly your last marathon was Hamilton. I know you barely missed your BQ...I know how you feel. I missed by 16 seconds on my last attempt. So...I'm looking for a fast course for this fall. My schedule is a bit hectic and I need to run before we head to South America on Nov 15th. The first weekend in November looks like it will work best for me.
What did you think of the course? Would you recommend it? I'm a bit concerned about the weather that far north and the wind on the lake but I don't see any other fast options that weekend.
Thanks...Nancy
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:15 am

nkrichards wrote:Nick,
If I remember correctly your last marathon was Hamilton. I know you barely missed your BQ...I know how you feel. I missed by 16 seconds on my last attempt. So...I'm looking for a fast course for this fall. My schedule is a bit hectic and I need to run before we head to South America on Nov 15th. The first weekend in November looks like it will work best for me.
What did you think of the course? Would you recommend it? I'm a bit concerned about the weather that far north and the wind on the lake but I don't see any other fast options that weekend.
Thanks...Nancy

Hey Nancy - not Nick, but some of us are running the Monumental Marathon in Indianapolis which is he first weekend in November too. According to the Millers it is a good course that is fairly fast. Not perfectly flat as it has some rollers, but I prefer a slightly rolling course over completely flat. Just throwing the option out there. By the way, I'm betting that i end up driving there by myself from Cleveland, and if so, I'd have an extra bed that could be used.

Michele
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:40 am

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:
Thanks...Nancy

Hey Nancy - not Nick, but some of us are running the Monumental Marathon in Indianapolis which is he first weekend in November too. According to the Millers it is a good course that is fairly fast. Not perfectly flat as it has some rollers, but I prefer a slightly rolling course over completely flat. Just throwing the option out there. By the way, I'm betting that i end up driving there by myself from Cleveland, and if so, I'd have an extra bed that could be used.

Michele

Thanks Michele...I'll take a closer look but I like the looks of the course and it would be fun to meet some of you. It isn't in the list of the top qualifiers for Boston but I think that is often based on who participates...some races attract more serious racers and some attract more recreational runners. I assume you think it would have good BQ potential. The elevation looks similar to the road I train on.

Do I need to register right away? Have you already booked a hotel room? If so which hotel? My daughter often travels with me just for fun but if she doesn't go I may be interested in sharing a room if that works for you.

Nick...Sorry for hijacking your blog. Wink
Nancy
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:13 pm

Thanks...Nancy

Hey Nancy ~ I would definitely recommend this race. The course is pretty fast and it is well organized. It starts out with a few rolling hills for the first 6 miles or so. Then, just after mile 10 you get a really good 3 mile downhill. The timing is great, because it gives you a chance to rest up for the last half of the race. Then you get a couple of small uphills before heading down to Lake Ontario and the flat finish. The one thing that I found is that the course is a little longer than 26.2. My Garmin had it at 26.33. The weather was cool at the start. If you can handle racing in temperatures in the middle 30s, then this is for you. The wind really wasn't an issue for me, as it only blew at around 8-10 mph. I am definitely going to run this race again...maybe this year...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:22 pm

OK...so I have been away from the site for the last couple of weeks. I have been on a two week hiatus that had me in Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV, and Stamford, CT. Whew...It has been a crazy couple of weeks and I finally get to sleep in my own bed tonight.

The best part is that I did get to run in warm weather...in shorts and a sleeveless top Smile Arizona was great again, as usually. Sun, fun, and baseball. Then up in Vegas I got to watch some great shows, win some bets, and lose some bets. Lastly, off to Connecticut and adding another state that I have ran in to my list Smile

I got home this afternoon and even got out for an easy 4 mile run with shorts on...It's the first time this year that I have been able to run outside in shorts. Albeit that I had a long sleeve shirt on...

Anyways, I am back...deal with it (LOL)
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:50 pm

Another spring like day...which let me wear shorts again (yay). I got in 4.5 miles at an easy 7:35 pace. It has gotten to the point where I need to make the decision of whether or not to run a spring marathon. With that, I have decided to not run a spring marathon and focus my efforts on the fall. Hurthing myself right at the start of training set me back at least three weeks and I was never really able to catch back up to the point that I wanted to be at. The good news is that all of this winter running has really put me in a good position to kill my summer training and fall marathon!!!

There has been talk of others on this site running Indy in November. I am going to look into that race and maybe I will meet you all there. I am also thinking about tackling the Hamilton Road 2 Hope Marathon again. I am still a little bitter about that race...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:54 am

8.75 miles this morning. It was one of those morning where my legs just didn't feel like they had any juice in them. But I mustered through and finished with an 8:05 average pace for the mileage. Hopefully tomorrow they will be back.

I also wanted to try out my arm sleeves to see how they work. I purchased them last fall, but never got the chance to use them. So, this morning I wore a short sleeved tech shirt and the sleeves with shorts. The temperature was in the upper 30s at the start of my run. They really seemed to keep my arms warm, until about mile 5 or 6. That is when they started getting too warm. By the end of the run, my arms felts over heated and I was sweqating pretty good. I think that a long sleeved tech shirt would have been better, as I could have pulled the sleeves up. Oh well, I was just testing them out anyways Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:57 pm

Happy Easter!!! I got in 14 miles this morning along my most hily training route. 14 miles and 15 hills with at least five of them being significant inclines. My legs were better than yesterday morning, but they still took a beating today Smile They have definitely earned a day off...I finished the run at an 8:24 pace, which I am happy with considering the hills and my legs. My average HR was pretty low too at 137...Now it is time to enjoy a great meal and recover Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:43 pm

Nice looking hilly run today Nick. It looks pretty similar to my 12 miler today. I'm glad it went well after yesterday's tougher run.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:07 am

Off day...Heading to Milwaukee for my third consecutive Opening Day. It is like my Birthday, Christmas, and every other holiday rolled into one Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum