365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clawing My Way Back

+26
healdgator
ounce
Michele "1L" Keane
jon c
Jim Lentz
Joel H
Alex Kubacki
Julie
Paula Sue
Tom H
Liz R
Seth Harrison
Mark B
John Kilpatrick
Natalie
Ken Mello
Peg Coover
Tea from RonItch
dot520
Matt W
Jerry
Kenny B.
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Dave-O
Michael Mitchell
30 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 22 Empty Re: Clawing My Way Back

Post  Joel H Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:56 pm

You ran more than I did last week...a hole whopping 5.5 miles and that included a 1/2 marathon...OOPS!
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 22 Empty Lost Saturday and Sunday

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:09 pm

Yeah well, I lost Saturday and Sunday. I could not run either day. Man oh man, family stuff. I ended with 30 miles for the week. Today, I will run 7 miles, but dang. We went to the Texas Renaissance Festival. Interesting. Hot and windy.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.letsrun.com

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 22 Empty Up and Down

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:46 pm

Man, this up and down is killing me. Dadgum. Well the first mile was at 7:54 pace. Get this, the last 6 miles were at a 7:24 pace to give me a 52:17 for 7 miles. I was soaked. I mean soaked. It is hot and humid and disgusting. Tomorrow it is supposed to be worse. I love the transition phase of seasons. Ugghh. I have 7 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Michael Mitchell wrote:Man, this up and down is killing me. Dadgum. Well the first mile was at 7:54 pace. Get this, the last 6 miles were at a 7:24 pace to give me a 52:17 for 7 miles. I was soaked. I mean soaked. It is hot and humid and disgusting. Tomorrow it is supposed to be worse. I love the transition phase of seasons. Ugghh. I have 7 miles this week.

Egad! Just how bad is it there? How can it still be so nasty when other parts of the country are getting snowstorms?
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 22 Empty Terrible

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:19 pm

At 3:53 pm at Houston Bush Airport....

Temperature: 82
Dewpoint: 67
Humidity: 63
Wind: S15 G23

That bad.....uhhghg.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:43 pm

Michael Mitchell wrote:At 3:53 pm at Houston Bush Airport....

Temperature: 82
Dewpoint: 67
Humidity: 63
Wind: S15 G23

That bad.....uhhghg.

5:40 P.M. at our nearest weather station...

Temperature: 44
Dewpoint: 41.5
Humidity: 91%
Wind: mph WSW

I have a great idea: Let's split the difference in the temps, keep the dew point where it is at my house... keep my winds, and it'd be a pretty nice evening!
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 22 Empty Temperatures

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:11 pm

I will take your temperatures any day. This is ridiculous. Up and down. It seems every Sunday-Monday is in the 80's, the rest of the week in the 70's. Ughh
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:11 pm

Michael Mitchell wrote:I will take your temperatures any day. This is ridiculous. Up and down. It seems every Sunday-Monday is in the 80's, the rest of the week in the 70's. Ughh

I wish it would at least switch to the weekdays in the 80s and 70s on the weekends!
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 22 Empty Fun

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:25 pm

Today will be fun. Just fun. Humid. Muggy. Fun.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Michael Mitchell wrote:Today will be fun. Just fun. Humid. Muggy. Fun.

The cold front should be coming through by this afternoon...it is RAINING right now! cheers cheers cheers
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 22 Empty Updates

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:42 pm

Missed Tuesday....uggghhh....ran Wednesday at the YMCA. Suprisingly easier than I thought. First 1.5 miles, at 7:53 pace the last miles...to 7...7:30 pace...53:03. Today was a quick one. I only had time to get 6 miles in at 47:24. I felt really good on this one. Barely breathing. Will do a very easy 5 miler tomorrow morning and 7 in the afternoon. I have 20 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 22 Empty Badly Sick

Post  Michael Mitchell Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:54 pm

Yes I was. I missed Friday and Saturday. It was one of the worst two days I have had. Goodness. Now, it is hot. Humid. The run was disgusting. I hated it. We came close to a record high today. I ran a 40 minute run and was danged proud of it. I am lucky to have it. 5 miles and I am done. My stomach is still doing flip flops and am I am worn out. I have 5 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:59 pm

I got spritzed this morning, as I ran. Glad it stopped. My left quad has been showing signs of becoming a problem over the past week. So, I gave it the weekend off after being able to muster 11 of an 18 mile long run.

Ran 7 this morning at a comfortable pace. No pain or complaints. I think my legs like it better when I'm playing the part of a diesel engine, with a rare boost of NOS, rather than a gasoline engine. I can go faster, as long as I don't go fast.

Hang in there, Michael. Check out the noon weathercast more frequently. Wink
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 22 Empty The Hinterland Between Up and Down

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:42 pm

What do I mean? GI issues. Man oh man. Well, the 7 miler became a 5 miler. The whole way I was fighting either diarrhea and vomiting. I am not joking. I held it off for 39:30. Man oh man. I did actually feel better today than yesterday and that is not saying much. It was hot in the YMCA. I mean I was sweating before I started running. Then my stomach felt like it was on a roller coaster. Goodness me. The cold front is coming around 5 pm. Yeah, right when I am finished running. Tomorrow, more 7:54 pace, but should be 55 minutes this time. I have 10 miles this week. +
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:43 pm

ounce wrote:I got spritzed this morning, as I ran. Glad it stopped. My left quad has been showing signs of becoming a problem over the past week. So, I gave it the weekend off after being able to muster 11 of an 18 mile long run.

Ran 7 this morning at a comfortable pace. No pain or complaints. I think my legs like it better when I'm playing the part of a diesel engine, with a rare boost of NOS, rather than a gasoline engine. I can go faster, as long as I don't go fast.

Hang in there, Michael. Check out the noon weathercast more frequently. Wink

I know, the front is coming. It cannot come quick enough. I am beat. I am tired. I am just worn out. LOL Hang tough Oz!!!
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:25 pm

The weather has been absurd in the Northeast too. After we got hammered with an early snow storm, it's been abnormally warm many days, with cold days mixed in. It should get cool/ cold for us all soon.
Dave P
Dave P
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 22 Empty Still Hot

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:16 pm

Inside, yes. Well, today, it was much better. Still stomach troubles, but miles 3-7 were at a 7:36 pace, so all is ok. I ran a 53:45 for 7 miles. I still have work to do, but at least we are in the right direction. Woo Hoo. I have 17 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:45 pm

Whew! That was one nasty gut bomb, Michael. Hope you're feeling better now.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 22 Empty Thanksgiving Shake Out

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:26 pm

I will tell you this. Wednesday's run was so bad, I almost quit running for the whole week. It was so humid, you could barely breathe. It was so hot, I was dying. I mean it was rough. Oh by the way, it was 70 outside and 80 in the house. Why? The wife was cooking and did not turn the vent on. Sigh. Yeah, it was that bad. 54:30 for 7 miles and the last two miles were a survival run. Really, I was staggering all over the place. Now, knowing that, I took yesterday off. Today's run was a totally different animal. I was striding a 7:42 pace the whole way. Very relaxed. It was, shall I say, fun. Very different. 53:54 and I was happy. I had a mile cool down to give me 32 miles for the week. I have 10 miles scheduled tomorrow. I want to wait until the cold front comes through to bang out a 7:30 pace with the cold air. The front is due to come in between 3-5 pm. Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 22 Empty Release The Reflux

Post  Michael Mitchell Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:48 pm

I have not had an attack like this in over two years. I mean, it was brutal. Add to that the humidity upstairs (76 degrees and the leftover rain) and you got yourself a great run, son. The acid reflux was so bad, I was stumbling everywhere, all over. I knew after the first mile, just stride it in. No use in trying to kill myself. Goodness. 55:18 for 7 miles ( with a one mile cool down) and I am done for the week. After 30 miles two weeks ago and 20 last week, it does do some good to see a 40 mile week again. Tomorrow should be a ton better.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 22 Empty Clockwork

Post  Michael Mitchell Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Well, it was. I stated yesterday that tomorrow would be better and it was. No troubles at all. Striding all the way, I ran a 7:36 pace the whole way. Right down the line. Not tired, winded or anything like that. I am sweaty, but hey. It was 69 inside and 53:12 for 7 miles. I am really happy today. Tomorrow, a YMCA run. Should be just grand, I think. Between 52:30 and 53:12 for tomorrow. I have 7 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 22 Empty Quickie

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:46 pm

I had to work late, so a quickie is all I got.....

7:36
7:30
7:24

37:20 for 5 miles....crisp too. 66 inside. Did not get to run at the YMCA. Woo Hoo...12 miles for the week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:52 pm

I got all bundled up for Monday's 10 mile run. I had thought the wind was calm at 3:30 a.m. However, when I turned around to head back west to home, there was a 5 mph wind waiting on me. My fingers got a bit cold, but did fine otherwise with no pain since my last run of a week before. I could feel the loss in endurance for not running in a week, but I'll take that anyday with the lack of pain.

Hill, er, I mean, parking garage work in the morning with a 20 miler on Friday.

Any guess (not looking for a forecast) as to the starting temp on January 15? I'm thinking 38 degrees.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:03 pm

ounce wrote:I got all bundled up for Monday's 10 mile run. I had thought the wind was calm at 3:30 a.m. However, when I turned around to head back west to home, there was a 5 mph wind waiting on me. My fingers got a bit cold, but did fine otherwise with no pain since my last run of a week before. I could feel the loss in endurance for not running in a week, but I'll take that anyday with the lack of pain.

Any guess (not looking for a forecast) as to the starting temp on January 15? I'm thinking 38 degrees.
''

Great job sir. If you go to our hangout ( the KHOU Weatherboard), you will see a change has occurred. I am now a moderator. As far as your running, woo hoo. Good job. Yes, I think we will be cold watching the Trials.....
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:05 pm

Michael Mitchell wrote:
ounce wrote:I got all bundled up for Monday's 10 mile run. I had thought the wind was calm at 3:30 a.m. However, when I turned around to head back west to home, there was a 5 mph wind waiting on me. My fingers got a bit cold, but did fine otherwise with no pain since my last run of a week before. I could feel the loss in endurance for not running in a week, but I'll take that anyday with the lack of pain.

''

Great job sir. If you go to our hangout ( the KHOU Weatherboard), you will see a change has occurred. I am now a moderator. As far as your running, woo hoo. Good job. Yes, I think we will be cold watching the Trials.....

Gratz, Michael. I'm sure you're being richly compensated. Wink But I am grateful that come January, there will be somebody who can interpret the data in the light of the Marathon and the Trials for the runners.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum