365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clawing My Way Back

+26
healdgator
ounce
Michele "1L" Keane
jon c
Jim Lentz
Joel H
Alex Kubacki
Julie
Paula Sue
Tom H
Liz R
Seth Harrison
Mark B
John Kilpatrick
Natalie
Ken Mello
Peg Coover
Tea from RonItch
dot520
Matt W
Jerry
Kenny B.
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Dave-O
Michael Mitchell
30 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 31 Empty Ins and Outs

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed May 23, 2012 9:49 am

Monday was ok. Not great, but ok. With the airmass outside being dry, it was not so humid inside. I ran a 53:12 for 7 miles and quickly got out of there. Tuesday was a little more humid. With our dryer on the fritz (yes, we have to go shopping for a dryer and a washer now. The wife wants a set. I wanted to fix the dryer, but she wants a new set. They are both 13 years old), I have to dry my clothes hanging up. I was definitely soaked yesterday. The run was ok. The last two miles were at a 7:30 pace, so that is cool. I tweaked my right foot, but it is ok to run on. I was run over when I was a kid (1971) by a small john boat and the ankle has never been the same. I popped it back into place and we should be ok. I ran a 53:00 for 7 miles. Today's run will be at 4 pm. I have to not lolligag around this time and get it done so I can pick my child up from daycare. Now, tomorrow's run will be at 12 noon, for I have a 3 hour meeting to attend to. Fun. Friday, should be at 3 pm. I have 14 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.letsrun.com

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 31 Empty Keeping The Faith

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed May 23, 2012 8:25 pm

Yes, keeping the faith. Running with a purpose. Getting the mileage in. All the lovely things one can say about running. I get asked, "Why are you tracking your mileage when you are not training?" I reply, I am training. I am in training for my life. This pace and set of miles keeps me in shape for when I do train again. When will that be, who knows? When I finally defend my dissertation? That is a big possibility. Now, do not get my wrong, I have two races that I might do. The Lake Houston 10K in late August ( striding pace run) and the Monster Mash 10K in late October ( a pressing pace run), but other than that, nothing. If I keep 35-42 miles per week at a 7:30 pace, I am happy. Now, I ran a 53:12 this afternoon in the really humid YMCA. I wanted to kick it up to a 7:30 pace, but I was comfortable where I was and I was lazy. Now, tomorrow I have to run at 12 noon due to the fact I have to interview for my directorship again at 3:20 pm. I want to go in completely relaxed, so running does that. I have 21 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 31 Empty Re: Clawing My Way Back

Post  Mark B Wed May 23, 2012 8:39 pm

I like your attitude, Michael. There's nothing wrong with "training for life" or just finding a way to quantify a comfortable level of training that helps you stay consistent as you juggle other life stressors.

BTW, I'd just surrender now and get the new washer and dryer. You'll probably be able to get appliances far more efficient than the old clunkers you have now.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 31 Empty Agreed Part II

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu May 24, 2012 6:35 pm

Mark B wrote:I like your attitude, Michael. There's nothing wrong with "training for life" or just finding a way to quantify a comfortable level of training that helps you stay consistent as you juggle other life stressors.

BTW, I'd just surrender now and get the new washer and dryer. You'll probably be able to get appliances far more efficient than the old clunkers you have now.

Yeah, I know Mark. Folks at the YMCA ask, What are you doing? Why do you stress this? Why is it so fast ( not fast, just striding for me..LOL). I answer them patiently and tell them it is a lifetime pact with me. So I can feel good and be able to watch my son's graduation without help up the stands. ( High school and college..I will be 65 when he graduates from high school. College, almost 70..LOL)

Yeah, it has been decided. We are going Saturday. Lovely. Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 31 Empty The Wearing Down Of The Week

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu May 24, 2012 6:37 pm

I am wearing down. I was pooped this run. I got it done (sweat soaked and all), first 2.5 miles, 7:36 pace and the last 4.5 miles, 7:30 pace. That gave me a 52:45 for 7 miles. I just felt tired. I ran from 1:10 to 2:02 pm, because of the interview. I just did not have pep in my step. I am either going to run at 12 noon tomorrow and help a friend run at 2 pm or run at 4 pm and get home. Not sure which. I have 28 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  KathyK Fri May 25, 2012 9:45 am

How did the interview go?
KathyK
KathyK
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri May 25, 2012 9:53 am

Energy Star appliance weekend, Michael. I don't know the particulars, but it was on the news, yesterday.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 31 Empty Sears

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri May 25, 2012 9:55 am

ounce wrote:Energy Star appliance weekend, Michael. I don't know the particulars, but it was on the news, yesterday.

Yeah Oz, my son's preschool teacher told me about it. I, then, informed the wife. She wants to go to Sears by herself. She says I complain too much about the prices being too high and embarrassing her. What, who me? I get that from my father. Sorry. LOL. So, if Sears has same delivery, we have new appliances tonight. Who knows? Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 31 Empty Interview

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri May 25, 2012 9:57 am

KathyK wrote:How did the interview go?

Well, supposedly I had them in stitches from laughing. I swear that was not my intent. I am so up front with my leadership style, that I suppose it comes off that way. Supposedly all the deans ( there are 5 academic deans, one from each college) loved me. Gosh, who knows? I did this interview after the run, so who knows. I was still nervous.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri May 25, 2012 9:58 am

Be ready with the mop to clean under the old W/D, when removed. Good for brownie points.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 31 Empty Update

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri May 25, 2012 9:59 am

My right achilles is a little tweaky. It was spasming just a little last night. I took ibruprofen, elevated the foot and iced. Much better today. I switched from my good shoes to my running shoes and no pain. I will put some Biofreeze on the achilles, stretch and take another ibruprofen before my run at 4 pm. I will also warm up ( what a concept) before the run to get it loose. I am thinking 7:36 pace today and let it go. No 7:30 pace today.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 31 Empty Brownie Points

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri May 25, 2012 10:00 am

ounce wrote:Be ready with the mop to clean under the old W/D, when removed. Good for brownie points.

Yeah, I kinda already do that. I am the main house cleaner in the house. ( We do not have a normal marriage..LOL) She is the fixer upper and I am the cleaner.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 31 Empty Steady As She Goes

Post  Michael Mitchell Sat May 26, 2012 6:39 pm

Yesterday was great. No sweat. Just great. 53:02 and I was happy. Woo hoo. Today was terrible. I could get a rhythm to save my life. Again, just choppy. Terrible. I ran a 52:30 for 7 miles but hated almost every step. I am tired. Tomorrow is an off day. Again, I am done. Tired and done. I have 42 miles this week and goodnight nurse. Sigh.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat May 26, 2012 7:11 pm

Michael Mitchell wrote:Yesterday was great. No sweat.

No sweat? Ah, another treadmill run. Smile
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 31 Empty Yes Indeed Sir

Post  Michael Mitchell Sun May 27, 2012 8:33 am

ounce wrote:
Michael Mitchell wrote:Yesterday was great. No sweat.

No sweat? Ah, another treadmill run. Smile

Yes. Yes. Yes, you are correct. Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 31 Empty Days Off In The Sun

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue May 29, 2012 10:07 am

Yep, I took not one, but two days off. Wow. I should be ok today. It looks like the run should be great. The treadmill at my house has been moved from upstairs to downstairs. That means that the runs will be 2-3 degrees cooler. Since I do not have an executive team meeting at 1:30 pm. I am thinking I will leave at 2:45 pm today to run. I will get that out of the way, then be ready for my son's swim at 5:30 pm. As of this writing, I have no miles this week. LOL. I should get to 42, but I will have to do 7 miles over the next 5 days as warm ups and cool downs. Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Tue May 29, 2012 11:46 am

How did you convince her to let you have the treadmill downstairs? I thought that would never happen.
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 31 Empty One Of The Worst Weeks Ever

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:36 am

Yep. Get this. I have 7 miles this week. What a week. Wow. I got a 53:12 in on Wednesday and nothing before or since. Today, 7 miles with a one mile warmup and cool down. I am running 5 miles (very easy) with a friend at lunch. Yes, outside. Yes again, outside. I then have to stay up late, get my presentation done for a conference tomorrow. Tomorrow, it will be a morning run of 7 miles (7:36 pace). That should get me 30 miles for the week. What a week. Sigh.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 31 Empty Me Too

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:37 am

Joel H wrote:How did you convince her to let you have the treadmill downstairs? I thought that would never happen.

Yeah, me too. She finally relented. Said it would motivate her to walk downstairs while our kid is asleep in the morning. She did walk one day. Who knows...LOL
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 31 Empty Outside???????

Post  Joel H Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:50 am

OMG....did you just say you are going to run outside? I won't believe it until it happens...nope, I have heard that line before.
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 31 Empty Yes, Outside

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:12 pm

Joel H wrote:OMG....did you just say you are going to run outside? I won't believe it until it happens...nope, I have heard that line before.

At 11:45 am in Kingwood. Yes, outside. Shall I take pictures? LOL
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:03 pm

Michael Mitchell wrote:
Joel H wrote:OMG....did you just say you are going to run outside? I won't believe it until it happens...nope, I have heard that line before.

At 11:45 am in Kingwood. Yes, outside. Shall I take pictures? LOL

Yes, we need picture evidence of you in running clothes outside.
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 31 Empty Crap Crap Crap

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:45 pm

Well, that was last week. Terrible. I ran 8 miles with a friend outside. Yes, again outside on Friday. 11:30 pace for it. Man I was pooped after it. My back hurt, my quads hurt. Gee whiz. I ran a 52:30 for 7 miles on Saturday before my conference to finish at 22 miles. I was just glad to see it go. Good riddance. Sunday, well that one hurt too. I will say I started at a 8:34 pace for the first two miles and ended with a 39:30 for 5 miles. Not too bad. Monday. Monday. Oh Monday. First, I did not want to run. I moved my run from the YMCA to home. Then I put off running as long as I could. Then I just wanted to run 5 miles, but then I thought let us get 6 and then I talked myself into 7 miles. The first 2 miles were at 15:42 and the last 5 miles were at a 7:30 pace, giving me a 53:12 for 7 miles. My soleus hurt, but nothing that compression socks tomorrow and fluids cannot help. Otherwise, it was a crappy run and I am glad they are over. I have 12 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:32 pm

You'll have to tell us whether you're inside or outside, since you're over your agoraphobia.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 31 Empty Yes Sir

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:40 pm

Ok. Today's run was inside. Yesterday's run was inside. LOL
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse