365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clawing My Way Back

+26
healdgator
ounce
Michele "1L" Keane
jon c
Jim Lentz
Joel H
Alex Kubacki
Julie
Paula Sue
Tom H
Liz R
Seth Harrison
Mark B
John Kilpatrick
Natalie
Ken Mello
Peg Coover
Tea from RonItch
dot520
Matt W
Jerry
Kenny B.
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Dave-O
Michael Mitchell
30 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 32 Empty Trying To Figure Me Out

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:10 am

This has been a weird stretch for me. Very confusing. I had 12 miles already logged in. I wanted to run last night. I do not have anyone at home ( they are in Honduras until June 27). I worked a little on my dissertation, so that was cleared. Why did I not want to run? Well, I bagged it and made it two days off in a row. Oh well. After a crazy wacky week, I ran a 39:30 for 5 miles this morning, (the first two miles were at 16:45 and the last mile at 7:24) and will run a 52:30 for 7 miles this afternoon. I have 17 miles this week. I am thinking I am running at home, but I have to warm up first. Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.letsrun.com

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 32 Empty Re: Clawing My Way Back

Post  ounce Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:19 am

It's all that outside running that you've been doing. Just think of a hamster running on that wheel in his cage all his life, then suddenly being able to run on CONCRETE and in HUMIDITY! Such a change for the little hamster.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 32 Empty Ha Ha Ha

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:21 am

ounce wrote:It's all that outside running that you've been doing. Just think of a hamster running on that wheel in his cage all his life, then suddenly being able to run on CONCRETE and in HUMIDITY! Such a change for the little hamster.

Ha ha ha....LOL
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz R Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:44 pm

Wait a minute: you ran OUTSIDE!!!!

I have to check in here more often.

We got a new dryer after almost 20 years with the old one. The old one was smelling funny, and on the verge of setting the house on fire. The new one is a very very basic model from Sears. I don't need fancy.

Liz R
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 32 Empty Kenmore

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:46 pm

Liz R wrote:Wait a minute: you ran OUTSIDE!!!!

I have to check in here more often.

We got a new dryer after almost 20 years with the old one. The old one was smelling funny, and on the verge of setting the house on fire. The new one is a very very basic model from Sears. I don't need fancy.

Yeah yeah yeah. I ran outside Liz. Gee whiz. LOL. We got the Elite Kenmore series. Fortunately, we had the money saved up, so it is paid for. They are really nice. Really nice.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 32 Empty Still Trying To Emerge From The Funk

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:10 pm

I guess the only way to build out from the funk is to emerge slowly. That is what is happening. I do not know if it is a change of the wife and child being away and that is adding to my "Well, I have time to to run, let me put it off, oh wait I am thinking about it too much" syndrome. Well, I ran 5 miles this morning. The first mile was at a 8:20 and the last mile was at a 7:24 to give me a 38:30. I wanted to run a 7 miler this afternoon, but I kept putting it off and off and off until 8:20 pm rolled around. I figured I better get on the thing. The first mile was at a 8:20 and the last mile was at 7:24. I finished 6 miles with a 45:54. I ended up with 11 miles today and I am at 29 miles for the week. Tomorrow it should be a 5 miler and a 7 miler for the day. That would give me 41 miles, but let us see. LOL
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:46 pm

get your carcass out there, boy!
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:19 pm

Wait. You actually go outside?

I had visions of your life locked inside the control room of an abandoned Titan missile silo, surrounded by damp, rust-stained concrete and slowly mouldering dissertation files, pounding away on a squeaky treadmill while an overtaxed air conditioner wheezes in time with your breathing.

And you just had to go outside. Spoiled the whole dang image. Thanks a lot.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz R Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:29 am

Are you running at home without them? Or at the Y? If at home, you need new TV shows. If at the Y, you should know people are counting on you. They will miss their Crazy Runner if you don't show. And if you are running outside.....well, Idk what to say. It is nice out right now.

Liz R
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:20 am

ounce wrote:get your carcass out there, boy!

Carcass..wow.....LOL.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:21 am

Liz R wrote:Are you running at home without them? Or at the Y? If at home, you need new TV shows. If at the Y, you should know people are counting on you. They will miss their Crazy Runner if you don't show. And if you are running outside.....well, Idk what to say. It is nice out right now.

Well, at home. I have not run at the YMCA in over a week. I should break that streak today. Yeah, me, crazy runner. The humidity will be just great (sarcasm here) for this week. Lovely.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:22 am

Mark B wrote:Wait. You actually go outside?

Funny Mark. LOL.

I had visions of your life locked inside the control room of an abandoned Titan missile silo, surrounded by damp, rust-stained concrete and slowly mouldering dissertation files, pounding away on a squeaky treadmill while an overtaxed air conditioner wheezes in time with your breathing.

And you just had to go outside. Spoiled the whole dang image. Thanks a lot.

Sorry. I am a dream killer you know. Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 32 Empty End of the Week

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:24 am

Well, Saturday, I ran one mile in the evening to give me an even 35 miles for the week. I was just tired. I ran a 39:55 5 miler in the morning ( started at a 10 minute pace for one mile..LOL). I was pooped. Sunday, 38:30 for 5 miles. The first mile was 7:54, so the last two were at a 7:24 pace. This morning, I ran 3 miles in 30 minutes. Just a shakeout run. I was watching the final set of the French Open, so I thought I would just put something in. Today, 7 miles at the YMCA. I mean it this time. 7:30 pace the whole way. I have 8 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 32 Empty Running The Funk Out

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:42 pm

I am so trying to. I guess as runners we get into funks. Well, this is mine. I just do not feel like doing much of anything. Sigh. I did not run yesterday (besides the 3 miler) and today was looking bad too. I kept putting it off and putting it off. Finally, I got my carcass ( thanks oz..lol) up and running. It was quite humid after a round of thunderstorms we had roll through here earlier ( no way I would have said that last year...LOL) and I just dialed it back. I felt if I would have run at a 7:30 pace to begin with ( and the way I am feeling) at this late hour, I was going to hurt something. I took it easy and got through 5 miles at 40 minutes and then ran the last two miles at 15 for a 55:00 for 7 miles. Do I feel great? Nope. Am I relieved it is over? Yep. Now, I am going to watch a documentary named ULTRAMARATHON – Indulgence: 1000 Miles Under the Colorado Sky. I do not even want to run past 53 minutes and this guy can do this. I am not worthy. I have 15 miles this week. Oh and I might run a little tomorrow morning. I will run 7 tomorrow afternoon.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 32 Empty Humidity, But After Last Summer, Why Would I Complain?

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 am

The PWATS have been so high lately. It is like breathing in water. Well, I have been lethargic, but I am ok. I ran 5 miles yesterday morning at 38:45 ( the first two miles at 16 minutes. The last two at a 7:24 pace). I then ran 5 miles this morning. The first two miles at 17:30 and the last two at 7:24 pace to give me a 39:55. So far so good. I am tired of being soaked, but hey, what is summer for. I am still working on my rewrite for Chapter One. The Introduction is done and almost ready for the committee. I have 25 miles this week. With all this humidity, I swear I am ready to hit the YMCA for my 7 miler this afternoon. We shall see.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 32 Empty Use The Pooper Scooper On Me

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:22 pm

Yep. Just use it. I am pooped. Goodness. I think I had something to prove today. Not sure what, but I was sick and tired of the humidity just wearing me out like a rented mule. I took a 7:36 pace and just stuck it for 7 miles. I was tired that last part, but I will do Pilates tonight to loosen things up. I will tell you watching Tiger and Phil was great running to. Smile Well, I know something is coming back. I have 12 miles for the day and 32 miles for the week. I will run to Tiger and others tomorrow while running. Oh, and I am sure I will be sore. Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 32 Empty Great Googla Moogla

Post  Michael Mitchell Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Yep. I was tired. Not sore, but tired. Wow, I thought that run would never ever end. Seemed like it was going on forever. I survived it. 53:12 for 7 miles with a one mile warm up and two mile cool down for 42 miles for the week. What did we learn? First, we learned the Olympic Golf Course is one nasty bear. Wow. Second, we learned that my stamina is still there. After running 12 miles yesterday, I ten miles in me today. Third, we learned that, although aging, I am still at the level I was 4 years ago. Finally, we learned that I was so used to having one hour to squeeze in runs, that with freedom, I was out of sorts. It actually took a week to get to some sense of something. Tomorrow is an easy day. I think I am going to go back to my hometown to see my dad. Not sure yet.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:54 pm

Hey, nice job getting it done in those conditions. It sounds like pool running - under 8 feet of water - in a giant hot tub. Sweaty

I know you're a speedy guy, but I can't help but notice that you never seem to do any of these runs at a extremely slow intensity. Have you tried it? Mixing in some LSD/recovery work might help prevent this tiredness from overwhelming you.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:59 pm

Mark B wrote:Hey, nice job getting it done in those conditions. It sounds like pool running - under 8 feet of water - in a giant hot tub. Clawing My Way Back - Page 32 63558857

I know you're a speedy guy, but I can't help but notice that you never seem to do any of these runs at a extremely slow intensity. Have you tried it? Mixing in some LSD/recovery work might help prevent this tiredness from overwhelming you.

Yeah, some of my runs ( in the morning) started off at slow pace then I paced them out. I have ADHD and I swear the longer I run, the more anxious I get. I just want to get it done. LOL. I have had one LSD run of 8 miles ( when I ran outside...11:30 pace) and it just about killed me. I was hurting so bad. LOL
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 32 Empty Drop Dead Legs

Post  Michael Mitchell Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:26 pm

They are worn out. Ice bath tonight. Has to be. Goodness. I ran today, if you call it that. It was an easy pace, but man it was rough. I realize I have run 29 miles in the last three day and my normal is 21 in three days, but goodness. Well, I am done. Finished. Kaput. 55:18 for 7 miles and I want to sleep. Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 32 Empty Pilates For Life

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:09 am

Well, that is the name of the dvd. I did it for 20 minutes last night. I am going to do the 10 minute workout variation of the P90X brand tonight. Also, in the 6 pm hour, 7 miles at pace (7:30). It is a late night for I have a meeting from 1:30 to 4:30 pm. Other than that, nothing. Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 32 Empty Nothing Goes As Planned

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:39 pm

Nuffin. Nuffin. Nuffin. Humidity. Check. PWATS near 2 inches (measurable water in the air). Check. Knew I was not going to run hard at all. Check. This was one of those days my High School Coach would say, "Fellows, just get the mileage in. No way you can get any work done". Yep. 56 minutes. 7 miles. I am done. Kaput. Good night. See ya. I have 14 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 32 Empty Shake Out

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:23 am

That is what this morning was for me. A shakeout run of 10 minutes per mile at 20 minutes. Felt good. Not too bad. I will have my 7 miler sometime after 5 pm today. Not sure of the pace. I do know it is still way too humid for my liking. Just wait, it will get hotter. Nice high pressure ridge is building. Temperatures 97-98 will be the norm. Sigh. I have 16 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 32 Empty Still In Funk Mode, But There Are Signs Of Life

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:15 pm

Yes Jim, he maybe not have complete dead legs. Today, I ran 7 miles at an 8 minute pace. I did for two reasons. One, I am in a funk and at least I am getting the mileage in. Second, the last time this happened, I fluctuated between 7:54-8:00 minute pace until the legs came back. At the two mile mark and around the 4.5 mile mark, legs felt like they had energy to go. I stayed back. I would not let the loose. I know I will do this tomorrow too. I need to have the back completely before we start getting down to a 7:15 pace again. I will do a shakeout run tomorrow morning and 56 minute run tomorrow afternoon. I have 24 miles this week with a cooldown today.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 32 Empty Shaking Out To Morning Madness

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:54 am

Well, I ran to Savatage's Hall of the Mountain King. Great album. 25th Anniversary this year. Jon Oliva's Pain (Jon Oliva is the mastermind, with his brother Criss (RIP) and Paul O'Neill behind Savatage and Trans Siberian Orchestra) is playing it on tour this year. I started off at a 10 minute pace and ended up with a 40 minute 5 miler. Not too bad. Today, 7 miles. Not sure how fast, but it will be done. I have 29 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next