365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

+25
Glenn
T Miller
Paula Sue
Jerry
Michael Enright
jon c
Randy E
JohnP
Stephanie
Nick Morris
Natalie
Mrs. Schuey
Schuey
Julie
Peg Coover
Alex Kubacki
John Kilpatrick
Mike MacLellan
Penelope
Seth Harrison
Michele "1L" Keane
mul21
Jim Lentz
Tom H
Kenny B.
29 posters

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 4 Empty Re: KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

Post  Kenny B. Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:16 pm

mul21 wrote:I would advise taking it inside for the run tomorrow. I had nearly identical conditions yesterday and only made it through 6 of the planned 8 miles at GA before I had to shut it down and cruise in at easy pace.

I am most likely heading indoors I have no issues with using TM for good purpose. It gives my legs a break from pounding and I get to train according to schedule. Long runs or recovery runs I can handle faster pace runs in this heat is rough and now is not the time to make it rough IMO. To be continued...
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 4 Empty Re: KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

Post  Seth Harrison Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:42 pm

Good luck with that run on the TM. Hopefully you'll find something decent to watch on TV (if you have one by the treadmill).

For my longish run on Saturday, I'm going to get out at the crack of dawn. The trails at the preserve are pretty much tree covered, so I'm hoping it won't be too bad. I can't bring myself to run on the treadmill if it's not February!
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:32 pm

Seth Harrison wrote:Good luck with that run on the TM. Hopefully you'll find something decent to watch on TV (if you have one by the treadmill).

For my longish run on Saturday, I'm going to get out at the crack of dawn. The trails at the preserve are pretty much tree covered, so I'm hoping it won't be too bad. I can't bring myself to run on the treadmill if it's not February!

I don't watch tv or listen to music when I run I am just there to take care of business. Very Happy

You should be good to on for long run in shaded trails. For long runs NO TM unless need be for hills or ice.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:00 pm

I'm doing all my runs inside this week. There's no sense in ruining an entire day just to do a run outside. The heat takes everything out of me if I run outside. You're being smart to take it to the TM.
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:32 pm

Good luck on the dreadmill...You are a stronger man than I!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:54 pm

That's a really solid schedule for this week, Kenny. Isn't 15K pretty fast for a LT run? i thought we were supposed to use HM or 21K pace. Though I am guessing the difference is not that much at the paces you are running.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:34 am

JohnP wrote:That's a really solid schedule for this week, Kenny. Isn't 15K pretty fast for a LT run? i thought we were supposed to use HM or 21K pace. Though I am guessing the difference is not that much at the paces you are running.

I thought 15k to hm. I go more by hr remember so it depends.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:55 am

Kenny B. wrote:
JohnP wrote:That's a really solid schedule for this week, Kenny. Isn't 15K pretty fast for a LT run? i thought we were supposed to use HM or 21K pace. Though I am guessing the difference is not that much at the paces you are running.

Depends on the type of tempo you're doing. Tempo pace, according to Daniels, is supposed to be the pace you could hold for a 1 hour race. So, depending on how fast you are, that could vary a bit. 15K to HM pace is pretty ideal for some of the longer tempos though. If you're doing the traditional Daniels style where you run at tempo pace for 20 minutes, then getting down near 10K pace isn't unheard of.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:58 am

mul21 wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:

Depends on the type of tempo you're doing. Tempo pace, according to Daniels, is supposed to be the pace you could hold for a 1 hour race. So, depending on how fast you are, that could vary a bit. 15K to HM pace is pretty ideal for some of the longer tempos though. If you're doing the traditional Daniels style where you run at tempo pace for 20 minutes, then getting down near 10K pace isn't unheard of.

I run them at about 10m pace actually. 7:05-7:10 seems to work right now for me. I agree if doing it for 20 minutes 10k makes sense but I build up to 7 miles @ LT 10k would be awfully hard and HM or above seems a bit slow.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:06 am

Quality:
Vision - Today's intent was to dream a little bit and

Quotation:
"Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams." - Unknown

Meditation:
6:00am - So I maybe crazy but I ain't stupid. Schedule for 9 @ GA pace w/ 8x100 strides but with 81 w/92% humidity decided to take in indoors. I adjusted the training run to 6 @ GA (7:57) and last 3 progression going down to MP @ 7:35. As far as overall pace I was a bit faster than GA overall but my HR zone was more like LSD at 152 making this run feel quite easy. In comparison to my last LSD run on TM w/ HR of 148 pace 8:30 today seemed to show marked improvement only 5 points higher but :37 faster per mile.

Affirmation:

I am giving myself permission to dream, embracing the divine possibilities of my life.

Results:
I started the day letting this lead me into the morning. But as I prepared for today's run I was able to start to let go of fear and turn into to excitement on what that day will bring. I chanted within my soul today's affirmation and found myself unconsciously (then again maybe consciously) changing it to I am giving myself permission to BREATH, embracing the divine possibilities in my life.

Fear did become excitement and worry turned into wonder. I can't say I am 100% faithful at this moment still have a sense of discomfort but I know if I stay the course I will ultimately be where i am suppose to be.

Upcoming
Tomorrow is 5-6 miles looking forward to it. It will be a scorcher again but I plan on going outside for it.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:05 pm

Kenny, where do you see 305 @ $99 and 405 $175?
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:18 pm

http://www.google.com/#q=garmin+305+gps&hl=en&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=IBMqTtqFGMGCgAe7u936Cg&sqi=2&ved=0CHcQrQQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=638e4ae79ecbd0fc&biw=1173&bih=769
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:38 am

Quality:
Self Acknowledgement - Intention to is to bring awareness to someone I admire

Quotation:
"A person places themselves on a level with the ones they praise." - Johann Wofgang Van Goethe

Meditation:
6:00am - I try to sleep in a bit longer on Saturday's but with the hot weather headed out at 6am with 83 degrees / 77% humidity for 5-6 miles recovery run. Yea it was warm, yea I was wet but I managed to run through many sprinklers to cool off a bit and felt great to make it 6 miles. HR was a touch out of my zone at 142 w/pace of 9:23 but for 6 miles that is ok.

Affirmation:

I am honoring God, myself and others as I reclaim the magnificence and inherent goodness of who I truly am.

Results:
After a trying day yesterday on a business level I was able to use this morning as an opportunity to reflect on someone I admire, a hero of mine. And before I went out for my run I had trouble coming up with someone and the least expected person came into my mind. A friend of mine. So as I chanted a few times out loud then within my affirmation of the day I thought about the positive characteristics my friend posses and I admire his patience, compassion, understanding, listening, and overall deameanor of himself. The miles clipped away pretty easily despite the oppressing heat and I turned a 5 mile run into 6 and could have gone more just feeling joyful and happy with myself.

Upcoming
Tomorrow is 18 miles deciding on trail or boardwalk. Boardwalk will be hotter but hey it's the boardwalk. Trails will have its bugs and some hills but cooler a bit because of the shady areas.

I am sure it will come to me.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:34 am

Good job on the recovery run this morning. It was definitely a wet one and I don't mean due to rain. Good luck tomorrow on your 18 miler. Either trail or boardwalk, I am sure you will have a great run!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:34 am

Nick Morris wrote:Good job on the recovery run this morning. It was definitely a wet one and I don't mean due to rain. Good luck tomorrow on your 18 miler. Either trail or boardwalk, I am sure you will have a great run!!

Tomorrow calls for 77 to 82 ftom 6am to 9am. Humidity in the 70s ouch. Looking forward to it in some crazy way.

Trail running might be the more prudent choice.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:46 pm

Stick with the trail and the shade.

Spray some chemicals on you to help keep the bugs off!
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:38 pm

now weather calls for 80 -84 temps and humidity 76 -63% humidity.

Certainly will be a a doozy but I think with the humidity dropping I should feel a bit of relief as i get up in the mileage. Still going outside but 100% trails.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:59 am

Quality:
Communion with God - Intention to let go and allow him to lead me in to a joyful day

Quotation:
[size=16][size=7][size=16]Seek to cultivate a buoyant, joyous sense of the crowded kindnesses of God in your daily life.--Alexander MacLaren[/size][/size][/size]

Meditation:
"I eat heat and crap ice cubes" -

at least I can say that now that 18m in the books. Chose the trails today as it was 80 degrees and 80% humidity at the start of my run at 6:15am and when finished it was 88 degrees. The only saving grace was drop in humidity. I knew 18 in thisheat was going to be a challenge and I had a choice to stay in HR zone or just run on feel trying to hit my LSD pace splits. I ended up askingmy divine spirit to lead me "joyfully" through today's journey. Well she delivered but not until I stopped and not a stride more than 18 miles. I never lost my form and overall felt good but the last few
miles where getting to me where even holding a handheld bottle was feeling like a chore. My HR avg 167 is definitely out my zone but considering the 8:30 pace with very even splits and heat I'll take it. As you can see some good heavy drift in the HR area. Funny thing at the trails people were asking me how long today and when you say 18 even the hardcore runners where looking at me crazy. I tend to like that!

Affirmation:

I am in communion with God who is leading me joyfully through today's Journey.

Results:
I used today's affirmation (original) to help me through today's run leading into a joyous day. I chanted this at first every few seconds but then limited to the hills to remind me to slow down, breathe and keep good form. As I said above God delivered a complete run with the joy is the stopping as much as in the forward motion. It was certainly a workout one that I would not have wanted to run alone. God is good friend the best I can ask for, thank you for being with me today and always.

I drank 40 oz of water 10 oz of gatorade and after another 15oz of post recovery drink and 16oz of water and I still lost 5 lbs on this run. WOW!

Upcoming

Tomorrow I is a rest day and I will most certainly enjoy it.
KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 4 Untitl13
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:56 am

Nice even splits in the heat and the higher HR is understandable. Good choice on choosing the trail. Just think how bad the boardwalk would have been...KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 4 4209083858
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:12 pm

Nick Morris wrote:Nice even splits in the heat and the higher HR is understandable. Good choice on choosing the trail. Just think how bad the boardwalk would have been...KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 4 4209083858

Only upside to the boardwalk is the ocean after. Big upside to cool of the legs and flat as well which the hills today did get to me later in the run. Thanks! KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 4 63558857
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:07 pm

Nice job getting that long run done in that heat. I was lucky it was in the 70's, but humid, for our long run yesterday.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:36 pm

Great 18-miler Kenny especially in this weather. You're just getting stronger.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:18 pm

Kenny B. wrote:"I eat heat and crap ice cubes" -

I'm getting a funny visual of you sitting cross legged saying this out loud Laughing

Great run today. What is your max HR? You really had it up there today....

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:44 pm

John Kilpatrick wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:"I eat heat and crap ice cubes" -

I'm getting a funny visual of you sitting cross legged saying this out loud Laughing

Great run today. What is your max HR? You really had it up there today....

That was funny. Max is 200-203. I was way out of range the last few miles I think it was around 85-88 at that time.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:57 pm

Doesn't a run like that in this weather wreck you for the rest of the day? I know I'd be worthless after that.
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next