365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

+25
Glenn
T Miller
Paula Sue
Jerry
Michael Enright
jon c
Randy E
JohnP
Stephanie
Nick Morris
Natalie
Mrs. Schuey
Schuey
Julie
Peg Coover
Alex Kubacki
John Kilpatrick
Mike MacLellan
Penelope
Seth Harrison
Michele "1L" Keane
mul21
Jim Lentz
Tom H
Kenny B.
29 posters

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 5 Empty Re: KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

Post  Julie Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:15 pm

Awesome long run, especially in this heat. I'm amazed you lost 5 lbs even with all the hydration you did. My friends and I were joking about weighing in after a long run although they both have lost weight this summer without needing to or trying to and I just complain about my wt and haven't lost anything too significant. Ah well.

I hope you had a good afternoon and had plenty to drink and some rest, too.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 5 Empty Re: KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

Post  jon c Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:40 pm

Great job Kenny! I like how you use your affirmations to get you through and strengthen your resolve. You look to be on your way......
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:14 pm

Kenny nice to see that you keep rolling along. Awesome 18 mile run in the heat that is the way you do it buddy. After looking at your chart I just have to say it again that you have come a long way since last summer. Keep it up Kenny.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:02 am

Natalie wrote:Doesn't a run like that in this weather wreck you for the rest of the day? I know I'd be worthless after that.

Natalie - I bounce back pretty good from marathons etc and I consider yesterday's 18 in this weather to be close to running an "EASY FUN" 26.2. We will see how tomorrow's run goes after today's day off.

Julie wrote:Awesome long run, especially in this heat. I'm amazed you lost 5 lbs even with all the hydration you did. My friends and I were joking about weighing in after a long run although they both have lost weight this summer without needing to or trying to and I just complain about my wt and haven't lost anything too significant. Ah well.

I hope you had a good afternoon and had plenty to drink and some rest, too.

I replenished well as I weight is back up to where it should be.

jon c wrote:Great job Kenny! I like how you use your affirmations to get you through and strengthen your resolve. You look to be on your way......

On my way but not sure where maybe going home. Thanks!

Schuey wrote:Kenny nice to see that you keep rolling along. Awesome 18 mile run in the heat that is the way you do it buddy. After looking at your chart I just have to say it again that you have come a long way since last summer. Keep it up Kenny.

Thanks! It was a crazy day of running in someways I like that in other ways I feel well, crazy. scratch
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:04 am

Today is a scheduled day off and after yesterday 18 in the heat it comes at an opportune time. I definetly felt tired this morning but legs feel good.

Below is week 3's schedule. Sat/sun combo looks to be hard hopefully cooler weather will come my way.

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 5 Untitl26
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:49 am

Enjoy the off day!! Rest up and get back at it tomorrow...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:01 am

Kenny B. wrote:Today is a scheduled day off and after yesterday 18 in the heat it comes at an opportune time. I definetly felt tired this morning but legs feel good.

Below is week 3's schedule. Sat/sun combo looks to be hard hopefully cooler weather will come my way.

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 5 Untitl26

That's a great looking upcoming week. Enjoy your rest day. I'm taking one too also.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:03 am

Nice work, Kenny. I think you guys are due for a break in the heat this week, so that should help you in your endeavor to get in the good miles this week.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:03 am

Quality:
Faith - Intention today is to trust in the process and let go of the outcome.

Quotation:
"If you open the sails, God will steer the ship." - Kbaldo

Meditation:
5:45am - 73 degrees / 90% humidity felt somewhat cool! (kind of). Started the run with today's affirmation taking full advantage of letting go and letting god through having faith in the process with no concern of the result.

Midway through around mile 4 I decided to tun this into 7 @ GA making it over 8 miles total with the 8x100 strides. Pace for the GA was 7:50. Legs were a bit tired when I got into the strides and come the last stride I was done for the day. The humidity was rough out there but manageable!

However, Looking at my schedule just now I was scheduled for 9 miles total with 9x100's. Well It is what it is body felt 8.44 was the number today.

Affirmation:

Trusting in Spirit's higher purpose for my life, I am discovering that God is faith in me.

Results:
Did not know how today would work for me with the humidity but I trusted God had a plan. Ended up with more less miles great pace and HR well within my zone. 8.44 vs 9 miles

This early morning run with today's meditation/affirmation opens me up to having complete faith today in the process not the outcome. Reminded me of a quote "It is easy to change yourself than to change someone else." This goes for events, situations, people, places and things.

My HR today was 158 for GA for 7 miles at 7:50 pace vs. 2 weeks ago similar weather (less humid) of 162 for GA for 6 miles at 7:57 pace. (Huge difference).

Upcoming

I am scheduled for 6 easy tomorrow but I am feeling pulled toward doing my 10-11 miles MWLSD with 1 mile hill repeats on TM tomorrow instead of Thursday. I usually do back to back hard days but this weeks calls for a change up because of Saturday's pace run. Will be interesting to see where the soul takes me tomorrow.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:02 pm

I'm diggin' today's purpose and intention.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:23 pm

Good work this morning Kenny...Sometimes listening to the body is a good decision.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:00 pm

Nice run, it's sad when 70s with 90 percent humidity feels cool but I guess it just means in the last few weeks you've acclimated somewhat to the higher humidity/heat?
I switched my runs around, too, if that's what you feel like doing, I think I'd rather have an easier workout at the end of the week just in case something came up like a thunderstorm.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:19 pm

Julie wrote:Nice run, it's sad when 70s with 90 percent humidity feels cool but I guess it just means in the last few weeks you've acclimated somewhat to the higher humidity/heat?
I switched my runs around, too, if that's what you feel like doing, I think I'd rather have an easier workout at the end of the week just in case something came up like a thunderstorm.

True. I will see how I feel tonight about hitting a long run tomorrow will hills.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:00 pm

Nice job making the adjustment. Do what the body tells you to do.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:10 am

Quality:
Playfulness - Intention today is to know the joy I find through playing in God's playground.

Quotation:
"But if the dance of the run isn't fun, then discover another dance, because without fun the good of the run is undone, and a suffering runner always quits sooner or later." - Fred Rohe, The Zen of Running.

Meditation:
5:45am - Decided to stick to schedule as I really want to play in God's playground outside not indoors on a TM. Good choice for sure... It was 72 w/73% humidity was like winter. Loved it so I turned 6m
recovery into 7 miles.

I thought about how the road is the divine spirits
hands which I am playing joyfully in, the trees are her body, the blue
sky is his face, the bright yellow sun is her smile, and the soft white
clouds is his hair, but today he was bald.

HR was 134 which was on low end of my zone w/pace of 9:32. Not sure I ever considered an hour or more of running a recovery run, but I went with what the soul was telling me.

Affirmation:

I am living in joy, playing into (in) the hands of God.

Results:
I set out this morning just in a state of peace and joy and could not only run 6 miles. I added the 7th and without looking at watch as usual for easy runs my HR was way low never getting out of range. Can't ask for a better run all while playing in God's hands.

Upcoming
Tomorrow I will go indoors for scheduled 10-11 miles @ LSD with 3x1 mile intervals at 3% incline. I do these also at LSD pace. Quality tomorrow is Spiritual Fitness.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:21 am

nice job on the 7 mile recovery run and it is amazing what feels cool now. I stopped to pick up Gatorade after a run last week and when I went into the store the A/C made it feel very cold.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:28 am

Sounds like the mindset was perfect for that run. Interesting how not looking at the watch usually means lower HR numbers, isn't it?
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:03 am

Mike MacLellan wrote:Sounds like the mindset was perfect for that run. Interesting how not looking at the watch usually means lower HR numbers, isn't it?

Agree!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:15 pm

Kenny B. wrote:
Mike MacLellan wrote:Sounds like the mindset was perfect for that run. Interesting how not looking at the watch usually means lower HR numbers, isn't it?

Agree!

It goes to show you how much the mental aspect affects the physical.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:25 pm

sounds like a great run! Glad the weather is giving you at least a little break. I agree I'd rather be outside than indoors for any run if I can.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:37 pm

That was a serious "recovery" run Shocked. I agree with you that sometimes it feels good to just enjoy the training and go with it rather than to chase a watch all of the time.

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:52 pm

Where'd you get the idea for the 3 x 1 mile at 3%? Seems kind of random thrown into a mid week long run.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Nice run Kenny B...Way to be "one with the run"
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:52 am

mul21 wrote:Where'd you get the idea for the 3 x 1 mile at 3%? Seems kind of random thrown into a mid week long run.

From my mind. I have been doing hill repeats for sometime past few cycles recently up to 6% incline for 400m. I wanted to mix things up for Hartford knowing they have a few elevation grades of a mile each so I decided this cycle I am going to do 3,4,5 x 1 mile going up to 4 maybe 5-6% for some of my MW LSD runs. I think the mile will give me the endurance I am looking for vs. the 400m at 6% at 5k effort. Plus 400m at 6% at 5k effort is pretty much like a vo2max workout and I don't want to incorporate those into my cycle right now until the middle/end of my training when I do track workouts!

Nick Morris wrote:Nice run Kenny B...Way to be "one with the run"

Be the run you mean!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:42 pm

Quality:
Spiritual Fitness - Intention today is to work my spiritual muscles just as hard and consistent as I do for my running muscles.

Quotation:
"Spirituality is no longer about discovering the rules; it's about living them." - Dr. Caroyln Myss

Meditation:
6:30am - Although it was heavenly beautiful outside this morning had to hit the TM for MW LSD with Hills. Did 11 miles w/ 3,6,9th mile at 3% incline each all at LSD pace avg. 8:28. HR was only 147 once again way below LSD HR zone but this is expected on TM.

HR was same as two weeks ago but today was 11 vs. 10 w/ added mile @ 3% incline.

Affirmation:
I am supporting my spiritual fitness, stepping into the very best of who I am.

Results:
Once again TM running is becoming quite easy. 11 miles @ LSD seemed to go by smoothly and used my affirmation to get me through the hill portion. At times I felt the 3% incline was flat and picturing myself rolling out the hill.

Upcoming
Tomorrow is a double run of 6am 4pm leading into a hard weekend of 8 w/6@MP and 19 on Sunday.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next