365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

+25
Glenn
T Miller
Paula Sue
Jerry
Michael Enright
jon c
Randy E
JohnP
Stephanie
Nick Morris
Natalie
Mrs. Schuey
Schuey
Julie
Peg Coover
Alex Kubacki
John Kilpatrick
Mike MacLellan
Penelope
Seth Harrison
Michele "1L" Keane
mul21
Jim Lentz
Tom H
Kenny B.
29 posters

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 3 Empty Re: KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

Post  jon c Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:40 am

Kenny B. wrote:
Stephanie O wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:Affirmation:
I am listening to myself and others with the ears of my heart
Oh Kenny, keep 'em coming. Your blog is an inspiration in life & in running!! I'm looking forward to reading more!!

Thanks so much! The intention is to continue!

Yes, so much of life and how we experience it is based on intent.

Thanks for your detailed blog! It's always interesting to me to see how others approach their training. Looks like you are on track so far. Keep it up!
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 3 Empty Re: KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

Post  Michael Enright Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:53 am

Nice job in the heat and humidity. I was 15 minutes behind you this morning, because I gotta get out early to survive in this!
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:54 am

Nice tempo Kenny, sounds like it went a lot better than mine did last night.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:08 am

Randy E wrote:Kenny, your training is very impressive and detailed. I loved your last long run.

Thanks Randy. Just doing mindful running. Mindless running seems so dam boring now.

jon c wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:
Stephanie O wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:Affirmation:
I am listening to myself and others with the ears of my heart
Oh Kenny, keep 'em coming. Your blog is an inspiration in life & in running!! I'm looking forward to reading more!!

Thanks so much! The intention is to continue!

Yes, so much of life and how we experience it is based on intent.

Thanks for your detailed blog! It's always interesting to me to see how others approach their training. Looks like you are on track so far. Keep it up!

Like I said above mindless running seems do dam boring.

Michael Enright wrote:Nice job in the heat and humidity. I was 15 minutes behind you this morning, because I gotta get out early to survive in this!

I agree. Other than running doubles some days I can't imagine running all the time during the day or evening. It is just too hot outside. I want some enjoyment.

mul21 wrote:Nice tempo Kenny, sounds like it went a lot better than mine did last night.

I commented on your blog. Thanks!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:27 am

That is a big improvement, Ken. Impressive that a hard run barely phased you...

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:31 am

Impressive work, Kenny - keep it up!

Those Insanity and PX90 workouts are incredibly hard - hats off to you for encouraging your wife in a positive manner. Love the analogy of starting with 1 mile to finally get to 26.2.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:55 pm

John Kilpatrick wrote:That is a big improvement, Ken. Impressive that a hard run barely phased you...

It was a hard run the 3 mile @ LT but not a killer. Wait until it goes to 5,6, and 7.

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Impressive work, Kenny - keep it up!

Those Insanity and PX90 workouts are incredibly hard - hats off to you for encouraging your wife in a positive manner. Love the analogy of starting with 1 mile to finally get to 26.2.

Thanks! It really is very hard I would not want to do it nor would I. Stick to running and the gym for me.

Anyways I am excited about what 2011 and 2012 will bring. I have some crazy ideas going around my head with another multi-marathon quest and 50 mile race. But for now tomorrow is 12 miles.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:59 pm

That IS a big improvement, Kenny. Nice LT run. By the time you get to the 5, 6, 7, it'll be easy Wink
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:08 pm

Very nice, Kenny.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:15 pm

nice job on a strong, fast run this morning and good for you for getting up. I started at 4:45 this morning and as tired as I was, it was much better than the 7 a.m. run I did yesterday. Once that sun comes out it heats up fast!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:03 pm

Good work on the early morning run. The results may have been a lot different if you would have attempted it in the afternoon. Good decision!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:39 pm

Kenny keep up the great training, looks like you are off to having that kick ass training cycle this time around. It's amazing on how far you have come from last summer and that last LT workout shows how much you have improved. Great run and it's always cool to see the HR rate numbers come down with even faster paces.

"It is an unvicious cycle; when I am happy I am running well and when I am running well I am happy..."

The above quote from you blog could never be more true.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:52 am

Mike MacLellan wrote:That IS a big improvement, Kenny. Nice LT run. By the time you get to the 5, 6, 7, it'll be easy Wink

I think so unless the temps keep rising to the sun.

Julie wrote:nice job on a strong, fast run this morning and good for you for getting up. I started at 4:45 this morning and as tired as I was, it was much better than the 7 a.m. run I did yesterday. Once that sun comes out it heats up fast!

The sun is the enemy! Unless I am sipping some colorful drink with an umbrella in it.

Nick Morris wrote:Good work on the early morning run. The results may have been a lot different if you would have attempted it in the afternoon. Good decision!!

Not long or fast running in afternoon at best 4-6 miles recovery run.

Schuey wrote:Kenny keep up the great training, looks like you are off to having that kick ass training cycle this time around. It's amazing on how far you have come from last summer and that last LT workout shows how much you have improved. Great run and it's always cool to see the HR rate numbers come down with even faster paces.

"It is an unvicious cycle; when I am happy I am running well and when I am running well I am happy..."

The above quote from you blog could never be more true.

Martin - you remind me to look back to last summer to see where my pace and HR was vs. this summer

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 3 Untitl22
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:37 am

Interesting to see that your GA and LSD heart rates are the same. Which makes me think that perhaps your GA pace is actually a bit faster? Maybe in the 7:30-7:45 range?
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:00 am

Mike MacLellan wrote:Interesting to see that your GA and LSD heart rates are the same. Which makes me think that perhaps your GA pace is actually a bit faster? Maybe in the 7:30-7:45 range?

I notice that as well but this is based on LSD runs of 12-16 miles right now and GA runs of 6-9 miles. So if I take the first 7 miles of an LSD run my HR is only 155 avg.

My race times call a 3:17 to 3:27 time 3:17 based on 5k race 3:19 based on 10 mile race, 3:27 based on 5 mile race (hot) and HM time 3:24:00

So I figure sub 3:22 is doable but as I progress this cycle sub 3:20 could happen. My PR is 3:27:55 on dirt.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:10 am

Quality:
Connection with Spirit

Quotation:
"Running is my meditation, mind flush, cosmic telephone, mood elevator, and spiritual communion." - Lorraine Moller

Meditation:
5:30am - 72 degrees but 91% humidity at some point I was running throughfog. Legs felt decent coming off yesterday's hard run. HR 157 par forthe course pace of 8:29 for 12 miles. As usual I watch my HR especially on hills trying to maintain sub 160. I lost 3lbs on this runand that takes into account drinking 20oz of water during the run. Overall it well andtemps did not bother me much but I am ready to enjoy tomorrows easy run of 5-6 miles.

Affirmation:
I am connecting fully with spirit (god) in each moment of my life.

Results:
At times I felt I was floating on a cloud and when I got back to earth I felt I was pounding the ground especially the last mile or two. The connection I made today is to be aware of opportunity that comes my way along with no judging events, people or things in my life as good or bad but just what is.

My HR had little drift if any and actually a bit lower the last 2 miles as I head back into my development where I live. I think knowing I have come home feels safe for me. Exactly the reason I am doing this spiritual running journey to be home with God even when far from my house.

Upcoming
Easy 5-6 miles tomorrow morning looking forward to a recovery run.

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 3 Untitl24
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:16 am

I don't know how you get up early enough every day to run in the morning. I can do it occasionally, but every day would kill me!

You had it almost as bad as I did this morning, 76 degrees, 94% humidity, and 74 dew point. Just soupy. Nice job getting the miles in.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:03 pm

That consistency in splits is epic, Kenny (as my daughter would say). I'm very impressed that you are already starting off so disciplined in this heat.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:56 pm

Once again, a great decision to get up early and run. Your splits are even more consistent than mine!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:25 am

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:That consistency in splits is epic, Kenny (as my daughter would say). I'm very impressed that you are already starting off so disciplined in this heat.

Epic lol. Other than the 8:19 it was pretty steady.

Nick Morris wrote:Once again, a great decision to get up early and run. Your splits are even more consistent than mine!!!

...and that is scary!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:47 am

Quality:
Patience - Intention today is to know learning (Discovering) is not only a part of life it is the very purpose of life.

Quotation:
"it is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness." - Chinese proverb

Meditation:
6:00am- 75 degrees / 93% humidity did not seem to affect me much today on a 6mile recovery run. Coming off two hard days I expected heavy legs but they felt pretty smooth and light considering. Hit my pace 9:22 and HR 138 all in my zones. Today's affirmation I took with me on the roads thinking about how the obstacles at work are opportunities and how each stride I take in loving patience will get me to the next stride and next.

Affirmation:

I am filled (experiencing) laughter and joy, embracing every are of my life with loving patience.

Results:
Despite the high humidity I felt great using it to move to 6 miles instead of 5. HR responded wonderfully with 138 avg and pace was par for the course at 9:22. The results spiritually was a sense of well being and joy regardless of what comes my way today. Knowing that each obstacle, objection, is an opportunity an opening to something better beyond where I am at.

Upcoming
Tomorrow is 9 miles @ GA w/8x100 strides. Might take this indoors because of the hot weather of 76/97% humidity dew point 75 at 6am. Sounds quite awful for a fast type of run. If I do go inside not sure I will strides but might turn it into a progression run the last 1-3 miles we will see. Quality for tomorrow is VISION
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:49 am

great running! Nice to have a 12 miler mid-week, too. About how many miles/week are you running?
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:07 pm

Julie wrote:great running! Nice to have a 12 miler mid-week, too. About how many miles/week are you running?

This is this current week 2 schedule I have been adding miles when I can if I feel up to it during a run.

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 3 Untitl25
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:15 pm

Nice looking run, Kenny.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:49 pm

I would advise taking it inside for the run tomorrow. I had nearly identical conditions yesterday and only made it through 6 of the planned 8 miles at GA before I had to shut it down and cruise in at easy pace.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next