365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running with your hair down

+20
Reina
momof5boys
Michael Mitchell
Vivian
Peg Coover
Matt W
Tim M
KathyK
Tom H
Mrs. Schuey
Julie
Stephanie
Liz R
Glenn
Natalie
Mike MacLellan
Kenny B.
Joel H
Nick Morris
ChasMcG
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Running with your hair down - Page 2 Empty Re: Running with your hair down

Post  ChasMcG Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:53 pm

Joel H wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:Alright so I have too short to pull back, keep warm, and I wanted to see what I looked like in the pic. Smile. I love this thread and I'll give you all a pass on the hair down!

When I started reading this statement I thought this was going to go a completely different direction. Oh how I missed you Chas! Always keeping things interesting and on our toes.

You know this is the 2nd time i have heard this!! What did you guys think I would be talking about?!?!? Because I sure hope NO woman has that much hair to wear down. I mean really, what would that look like with pig tails? Would clips hurt? I'm assuming spandex are out of the question. Please tell me spandex are out! Oh hell an is all of it braided or will there be some strands falling out? Yuck.

affraid
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:59 pm

Why do I find myself just shaking my head and rolling my eyes when I read half of Chas's posts?
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:08 pm

One of the runners I coached ran with her hair down quite often. It led to flattering pictures such as this:

Running with your hair down - Page 2 P1060611
Matt W
Matt W
Poster
Poster

http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:11 pm

ChasMcG wrote:
Joel H wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:Alright so I have too short to pull back, keep warm, and I wanted to see what I looked like in the pic. Smile. I love this thread and I'll give you all a pass on the hair down!

When I started reading this statement I thought this was going to go a completely different direction. Oh how I missed you Chas! Always keeping things interesting and on our toes.

You know this is the 2nd time i have heard this!! What did you guys think I would be talking about?!?!? Because I sure hope NO woman has that much hair to wear down. I mean really, what would that look like with pig tails? Would clips hurt? I'm assuming spandex are out of the question. Please tell me spandex are out! Oh hell an is all of it braided or will there be some strands falling out? Yuck.

affraid

Running with your hair down - Page 2 25r30wi
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:05 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:
Joel H wrote:

affraid

Running with your hair down - Page 2 25r30wi

hahahahaha
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:07 pm

Tim M wrote:Why do I find myself just shaking my head and rolling my eyes when I read half of Chas's posts?

I don't think this is the only time you do this Tim...I am pretty sure it happens with regards to most of what Chas says as well.
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:10 pm

Joel H wrote:
Tim M wrote:Why do I find myself just shaking my head and rolling my eyes when I read half of Chas's posts?

I don't think this is the only time you do this Tim...I am pretty sure it happens with regards to most of what Chas says as well.

Correct. Between Chas and my two girls, I am constantly shaking my head. Although for very different reasons.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:40 pm

Tim M wrote:
Joel H wrote:

Correct. Between Chas and my two girls, I am constantly shaking my head. Although for very different reasons.

You already adopted the girls so you're stuck with me. Heehee

Trapped!!!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:32 pm

Natalie Wolf wrote:Chas, I was thinking about that same thing this morning, believe it or not. There is a woman, not too much younger than me, at my gym who NEVER puts her long hair up to work out. I don't know how she does it... Even with my hair in a ponytail, it gets in the way sometimes. When I run, I even go to the extreme of either making a long braid or doing a messy bun because I can't stand the feel of my sweaty hair slapping my back.

Women who run with their hair down must not be going very far. However, I did run the Disney Half with my hair down. It was shorter then and I wore a headband. I really only did it because I wanted to see how it would look in the picture. Rolling Eyes

[img]Running with your hair down - Page 2 Inspir10[/img]

I think Vivian runs with her hair down.

Great picture!!! Great hair!!! Great arms!!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:47 pm

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I always wear mine up.
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:13 pm

Matt W wrote:One of the runners I coached ran with her hair down quite often. It led to flattering pictures such as this:

Running with your hair down - Page 2 P1060611

All she needs is a big, fat Bondi Band and she'd look fantastic with that hair!

Peg Coover wrote:
Natalie Wolf wrote:Chas, I was thinking about that same thing this morning, believe it or not. There is a woman, not too much younger than me, at my gym who NEVER puts her long hair up to work out. I don't know how she does it... Even with my hair in a ponytail, it gets in the way sometimes. When I run, I even go to the extreme of either making a long braid or doing a messy bun because I can't stand the feel of my sweaty hair slapping my back.

Women who run with their hair down must not be going very far. However, I did run the Disney Half with my hair down. It was shorter then and I wore a headband. I really only did it because I wanted to see how it would look in the picture. Rolling Eyes

[img]Running with your hair down - Page 2 Inspir10[/img]

I think Vivian runs with her hair down.

Great picture!!! Great hair!!! Great arms!!

Too bad that picture was Goofy 2009. I have a little more body fat now.
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:25 pm

I do sometimes run with my hair down and it doesn't bother me unless it is windy. I ran my fastest marathon with my long hair down. If the layers around my face are cut too short, then annoying wisps fly in my eyes when my hair is up in a ponytail, so I prefer to leave it all down. I was running a half marathon, a PR in fact, when a girl stopped me and asked if I had lost my scrunchy and did I want to borrow one from her? I told her no thank you.
Vivian
Vivian

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:55 pm

I have no hair, so I do run with it down...LOL
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.letsrun.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:16 pm

Vivian wrote:I do sometimes run with my hair down and it doesn't bother me unless it is windy. I ran my fastest marathon with my long hair down. If the layers around my face are cut too short, then annoying wisps fly in my eyes when my hair is up in a ponytail, so I prefer to leave it all down. I was running a half marathon, a PR in fact, when a girl stopped me and asked if I had lost my scrunchy and did I want to borrow one from her? I told her no thank you.

hmmmm is the PR due to the hair down? Interesting thought.. Anyone good with Physics here?

That was nice of her though. You never know. My headband fell off and I didn't even notice it. This lady ran up behind me just to get it back to me. I don't know how long she had been chasing after me but she literally stopped to rest when she got to me. Poor thing but I got my "I run for Tequila" band still!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  momof5boys Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:57 pm

Always up in the spring, summer, and fall. Down in the winter --but still pulled off my face, it keeps my neck warmer. I hear more comments about how people know it's me running b/c of the ponytail.

But, ladies, off the topic...is there an age at which women are too old to have long hair or ponytails? It's one reason I don't like to have it cut --I want to be able to pull it back when I run.
momof5boys
momof5boys

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:01 pm

momof5boys wrote:Always up in the spring, summer, and fall. Down in the winter --but still pulled off my face, it keeps my neck warmer. I hear more comments about how people know it's me running b/c of the ponytail.

But, ladies, off the topic...is there an age at which women are too old to have long hair or ponytails? It's one reason I don't like to have it cut --I want to be able to pull it back when I run.

I see this question a lot! Who comes up with this stuff? Seriously, I saw the same question on Gardenweb.com. At 48, my hair is longer than it's ever been in my life. Middle of my back long! I wear whatever kind of ponytail I like, but I don't wear pig tails. I definitely think I'm too old to carry that one off. The only thing I won't do with my hair is pull some of it up with a clip in the back. I think it emphasizes my forehead too much that way and Botox only does so much... Laughing

I say, wear your hair however you look best. Same with clothes... if it looks good on you and you can carry it off, then by all means wear it! If you don't feel comfortable in it, then don't wear it. Unfortunately, we've all seen women who maybe don't look at themselves with a critical enough eye before leaving the house. Exclamation
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Reina Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:22 pm

I have fairly long hair ... and I typically have always worn it up to run. But several months ago I had my hair straightened and I had to leave it "flat" for at least 3 days ... and my hair dresser was complaining that I was breaking my hair where the hairband always was ... so lately unless I am running long enough late enough in the day to wear a hat, I just put on a hairband but leave it down.

I'm sure you are all thrilled to know that, eh?

--Reina
Reina
Reina
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:11 pm

Reina wrote:I have fairly long hair ... and I typically have always worn it up to run. But several months ago I had my hair straightened and I had to leave it "flat" for at least 3 days ... and my hair dresser was complaining that I was breaking my hair where the hairband always was ... so lately unless I am running long enough late enough in the day to wear a hat, I just put on a hairband but leave it down.

--Reina

How do you like your hair? I've been having the keratin straightening treatment for a couple of years now and I love it!
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Reina Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:26 pm

Natalie,

I absolutely LOVE it! I've had it done twice now ... and it's great! I don't like the 3 days after I get it done that I can't sweat though!

:-)

-Reina

Natalie Wolf wrote:
Reina wrote:I have fairly long hair ... and I typically have always worn it up to run. But several months ago I had my hair straightened and I had to leave it "flat" for at least 3 days ... and my hair dresser was complaining that I was breaking my hair where the hairband always was ... so lately unless I am running long enough late enough in the day to wear a hat, I just put on a hairband but leave it down.

--Reina

How do you like your hair? I've been having the keratin straightening treatment for a couple of years now and I love it!
Reina
Reina
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:45 pm

My hair is pretty long right now too. I've mostly always worn it long anyway, with the exception of twice when I whacked it off. But I really like being able to do a pony tail, curl it, straighten, pull just some of it back, tuck it in a hat.....Long hair seems more versatile. But at 47, sometimes I feel like other women might think I shouldn't wear it long.

By the way, being a redhead is kind of nice--I don't have a lot of greys yet, but they blend in quite well, especially in the summer. I've never colored my hair and only highlighted it once when I was growing it out and needed something different.

But much to my daughter's chagrin, I wear bangs and have worn bangs since I was about 15!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:35 pm

I don't think there's any age that's too old to have long hair and wear a ponytail. I think, if you're at an age where you still are active enough to need to keep your hair out of your face, more power to you.

I've tried running with my hair down once, and it worked when I was facing the wind. It didn't work with my back to the wind--was in my face the whole time.
Penelope
Penelope
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Julio Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:11 am

I tried running with a pony tail but the rubber band wouldn't stay put. So I run with my hair down now...
Julio
Julio

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:57 pm

I always envy women who can do that. They look so free. And I've seen some really good race pictures like that too.

Me? Mine would end up a greasy sweaty stringy knotted mess. It wouldn't be pretty. I already look horrible at the end of races - we can't have that getting worse.

The makeup thing blows my mind as well. Do these women not sweat? Or don't think they will?

You get me nasty and au natural and you will deal with it tongue
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:02 pm

Michael Mitchell wrote:I have no hair, so I do run with it down...LOL

Approval

Sometimes I wish I had hair so I can run with it down and not worry about getting sun burned! affraid
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:21 pm

Schuey wrote:
Michael Mitchell wrote:I have no hair, so I do run with it down...LOL

Running with your hair down - Page 2 424776184

Sometimes I wish I had hair so I can run with it down and not worry about getting sun burned! affraid

Is going bald what happens when you get old??? Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next