365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clawing My Way Back

+26
healdgator
ounce
Michele "1L" Keane
jon c
Jim Lentz
Joel H
Alex Kubacki
Julie
Paula Sue
Tom H
Liz R
Seth Harrison
Mark B
John Kilpatrick
Natalie
Ken Mello
Peg Coover
Tea from RonItch
dot520
Matt W
Jerry
Kenny B.
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Dave-O
Michael Mitchell
30 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 7 Empty Re: Clawing My Way Back

Post  Julie Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:14 pm

Glad things seem to be improving!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 7 Empty Hoping So

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:15 pm

Julie wrote:Glad things seem to be improving!

Yeah, I sure hope so. I am tired of this, but I must be patient...
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.letsrun.com

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 7 Empty 3 PM Update

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:10 pm

Wow, it rained yesterday. Surprise, Surprise, Surprise. That makes sense as to why it was so humid yesterday. At the pace I was running, it really did not matter. The gastroc feels ok. ( Yesterday, I could feel the knot) I really do not notice anything today. Now, after 50 minutes, who knows. I looked back my blog from last year, it took awhile to get back up to speed. I pulled my lower Soleus on October 30 last year. It took one month to get back (November 30), so I am on schedule. ( I pulled this on Friday, June 24) I will do the same today as I did yesterday, take each 10 minute in parts, doing an inventory of what is going on. I would love to go 30 minutes and bump it up, but not sure I will. I may leave that for Saturday. The bike ( hopefully) will be put together tonight. We will commence running at 4:05 PM CST. I have been running to Streets from Savatage and I probably will not leave that.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:16 pm

It rained at our house yesterday for 5-10 minutes....really hard and then poof it was gone. You could feel the grass/trees just soaking it up. I hope we get some more this weekend.
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:18 pm

I can relate to the weather and droughts. Actually, we are also getting little rains here and there which is great, but also leads to humidity. Oh well, that's life. I know it is slow going, but it is very encouraging to see things slowly getting better for you. Good deal about your adoption too and congrats on making it this far in the process - October is not that far away!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 7 Empty The Elders Call It Rain..I Think

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:18 pm

Joel H wrote:It rained at our house yesterday for 5-10 minutes....really hard and then poof it was gone. You could feel the grass/trees just soaking it up. I hope we get some more this weekend.

We are supposed to. An upper level low with a slug of tropical moisture is supposed to enhance our chances of rain this weekend. We shall see.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:20 pm

Michael Mitchell wrote:
Joel H wrote:It rained at our house yesterday for 5-10 minutes....really hard and then poof it was gone. You could feel the grass/trees just soaking it up. I hope we get some more this weekend.

We are supposed to. An upper level low with a slug of tropical moisture is supposed to enhance our chances of rain this weekend. We shall see.

I won't believe it until I see it man...sorry but I don't believe anything anyone says until it happens when it comes to the weather. They have been saying 20-30% for most of June/July and only 2-3 of those days did it actually rain.
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:23 pm

John Kilpatrick wrote:I can relate to the weather and droughts. Actually, we are also getting little rains here and there which is great, but also leads to humidity. Oh well, that's life. I know it is slow going, but it is very encouraging to see things slowly getting better for you. Good deal about your adoption too and congrats on making it this far in the process - October is not that far away!
\

Well that is what we keep telling ourselves. We have been at this since March 2010 and it has not been fun. I swear the layers of bureaucracy that we have had to go through, man oh man. Well the EARLIEST we could have him officially is October 15. My bets are on December. As far as the humidity, since it is has been so dry, that really has not even been an issue. You are destined for rains this weekend from a tropical something that is trying form off the coast of Florida. Whether it is sub tropical, tropical or even forms into a system, remains to be seen. I think you will have some rain this weekend.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:24 pm

Joel H wrote:
Michael Mitchell wrote:

I won't believe it until I see it man...sorry but I don't believe anything anyone says until it happens when it comes to the weather. They have been saying 20-30% for most of June/July and only 2-3 of those days did it actually rain.

They are keeping it at 20 percent to save their butts. With seabreeze showers, that is about it. Aerial coverage will not be the name of the game, just spotty, popcorn variety stuff.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 7 Empty Slowly

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:44 pm

Slowly coming back. Still no spasms or anything. Still happy. 5.10 miles in 50 minutes. Most of it at a 9:30 pace ( yep from 33 to 50 minute mark). Will ART and Stick myself tonight. Should get better by tomorrow. I have to run in the morning due to a meeting, lunch with two of my sisters and I have to pick my son up early for a doctor's appointment. I have 15 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 7 Empty Afternoon Delight

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:57 am

No, not the horrible disgusting song from the 1970's. I am sorry for those who liked it, but I swear that song is on my top ten worst songs of all time. Here is a peak at the top five for me:

1. You Spin Me Round ( Like A Record)- Dead or Alive. You are so kidding me right? When I hear this song, I want to hurl. My wife loved it back in the day.
2. Do You Really Want To Hurt Me- Culture Club. I hated the band, so any song from them is horrible. This song is the worst of all. To answer the question, yes I do. LOL
3. Afternoon Delight- Starlight Vocal Band. My sister LOVED this song. No one knew what it meant. Ha ha. I am rocker kid from the 70's. Boston, Styx, Kiss, Ted Nugent. This was just the pits. Eww.
4. Hey Shirley, This Is Squirrely- The Nutty Squirrels. Why dear God, why? I have no words to say how horrible this song is. I get the CB craze, but shoot me now.
5. Mr. Jaws- Dickie Goodman. Look, I suppose the concept was good, but somewhere it went horribly wrong. This one was horribly stupid. I loved The Streak by Ray Stevens, but Mr Jaws was just terrible.

That is my top five. I hope you liked it. For me, my run will be in the 4 pm hour.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 7 Empty Saturday Sunshine

Post  Michael Mitchell Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:38 pm

Took yesterday off. I will run for 50 minutes tonight. I am thinking starting at 6.1-6.2 to finalize at 6.5 on the treadmill. I should be right on schedule. Oh, broke in my new bike. Very quiet. I like it. 15 miles at 1:00:00. Not bad.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 7 Empty Saturday Quality

Post  Michael Mitchell Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:44 pm

Yep, quality time for the family. No running. That is ok, I will be fine. I will end it with 15 miles this week. I will bike for an hour tomorrow and maybe run 5 miles. I do know that I will run for an hour each day, Monday through Saturday next week. I will start with a 9 minute pace. I will supplement each run with ART on Monday and Wednesday. Also, I plan to bike for 30 minutes from 6 am to 6:30 am to loosen up. I love my new bike. I should be good as gold week after next.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:00 pm

Another bike ride. I love this bike. The game plan is this. I will run 7 miles each day ( starting Monday and ending Saturday) at a 9 minute pace to start. If my gastrocs cooperate, then 8:30 pace will be in the offing. I am looking for 42 miles next week, with biking and pilates mixed in. I will ART Monday evening. All are pointing for a good week. I have 15 miles biking this week and 0 miles running so far ( unless I decide to run) this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:03 pm

What do you love about the bike?
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 7 Empty Bike

Post  Michael Mitchell Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:43 pm

Jim Lentz wrote:What do you love about the bike?

1. It is quiet. Really quiet.
2. It weighs 43 pounds . I can move it anywhere.
3. I can get mileage in the morning and afternoon ( Not like my trainer, which takes forever to move)
4. I like the "smallness" of it.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 7 Empty Trepidations

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:05 am

Trepidations about my run today. I should be ok, but a 9:00 pace working out the scar tissue should be fun. I know there will be "tinginess" in the gastrocs, but I have given them 4 days off, so I should be ok. There will be ART after the run too. I will bike tonight as well to loosen things up after the run. The goal is 1:00:00 for the run.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz R Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:15 am

You got a bike???!!!!

I hope the run goes well.

Liz R
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 7 Empty Indoor Bike

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:17 am

Yep, I bought an indoor bike. I have a Marcy ME. It is very quiet. I like it. It does the job. Very light.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:30 am

Lots of us seem to have been dealing with injuries, glad yours is on the mend. We are getting your type of weather, but we have still been getting rains. It's a horrible drought down your way. But you know that of course...

Good luck with the adoption coming through. Our experience with our daughter has been great. It really changed our lives. We went from receiving a phone call one morning to the next day driving home with a two day old. That was almost nine years ago. Sounds like your circumstances are different but the effect is more or less the same.
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 7 Empty Adoption II

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:38 am

jon c wrote:Lots of us seem to have been dealing with injuries, glad yours is on the mend. We are getting your type of weather, but we have still been getting rains. It's a horrible drought down your way. But you know that of course...

Good luck with the adoption coming through. Our experience with our daughter has been great. It really changed our lives. We went from receiving a phone call one morning to the next day driving home with a two day old. That was almost nine years ago. Sounds like your circumstances are different but the effect is more or less the same.

Yeah, we have had our son since he was 17 months old and have known him (relationship) since he was 11 months old. He will have been with us one year since July 16. July 14 should see a resolution in our past problems ( too detailed to go into here) and the papers for adoption will be filed that day. The earliest he can be ours completely ( well he is ours, just not official yet) will be October 15. We have been fighting ( I literally mean fighting) for him for a year and half. The weather. We have had a high pressure ridge over us last year, but it was not that strong. This one is a tough one. At least it will relent somewhat ( for us) to allow some rain in, but certainly not enough). Austin, Dallas and points north are just getting beat up.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:49 am

I hope you get 7 days of running in this week....fingers crossed.
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:50 am

Joel H wrote:I hope you get 7 days of running in this week....fingers crossed.

You and me both. That would be great. I phone and phone, but no Joel....LOL
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:54 am

Michael Mitchell wrote:
Joel H wrote:I hope you get 7 days of running in this week....fingers crossed.

You and me both. That would be great. I phone and phone, but no Joel....LOL

I haven't gotten a phone call from you in weeks man, you sure you are calling the right number?
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 7 Empty Phone

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:58 am

I think so. It is 1-800-ASK-Joel, right?
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next