Welcome to the I-Team (formerly 365Runners)
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garmin Calorie Counter

2 posters

Go down

Garmin Calorie Counter Empty Garmin Calorie Counter

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:05 pm

I was wondering how accurate the calorie counter is with a garmin watch. You have to enter your weight and the heart rate monitor helps measure the intensity of your run. Does anyone have any insight to how accurate it is?? For example, after my 10 mile run on Saturday it told me that I burned 1,398 calories.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Garmin Calorie Counter Empty Re: Garmin Calorie Counter

Post  Mike MacLellan Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:50 pm

I don't use it at all. I just estimate that I burn 80kcal/mile in addition to an estimated BMR of 2400kcal/day. That said, the Garmin estimate is usually somewhat accurate for me if I add back the 120/hr (estimated waking BMR) to the 80/mile. Meaning the Garmin will show that a 15 mile run that takes 2 hours is somewhere around 1440 (15*80+2*120).
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down