365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissertating And Running

+9
Schuey
Dave P
Kenny B.
dot520
Jerry
Seth Harrison
Mark B
Michele "1L" Keane
Michael Mitchell
13 posters

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 11 Empty Re: Dissertating And Running

Post  Mark B Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:58 pm

You just can't run slowly, can you? Oh, well. Good job on making steady progress on your runs since you've come back. Just don't push your poor soleus too hard or it'll push back again. You might want to figure out how you can lull it into thinking you're loafing when you're really making incremental gains.

Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 11 Empty Hard Headed

Post  Michael Mitchell Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:28 am

Mark B wrote:You just can't run slowly, can you? Oh, well. Good job on making steady progress on your runs since you've come back. Just don't push your poor soleus too hard or it'll push back again. You might want to figure out how you can lull it into thinking you're loafing when you're really making incremental gains.

Nah, you know me Mark. I gotta get faster and faster. I have a love/hate relationship with running. I love what it does for me, but I hate doing it at long periods of time. I was getting bored yesterday when I went over 56 minutes. Update. My legs are good. Really good. I am happy. I am running at the YMCA at 3 pm today at an 8:24 pace (59:18). Now, if I am not hurting, I might get to a faster pace, but the goal here is to have one week with 4-6 runs in them, not 3. I need that consistency. The time will come. :)I need to go get on the bike dang it for 30 minutes...I need to go downstairs and bike...lol/

Edit: Update. Remember the ice storm Houston had on Friday. Ha. We may get a snowstorm on Tuesday. 1-3  upwards to 5 inches. Goodness me. Thank you for my treadmill. I would love to run in it, but that freaking dissertation...uugghghhh
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.letsrun.com

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 11 Empty Snow Day?

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:02 am

Well, yesterday was good. I ran at the Lake Houston YMCA. It was cold (it was 70 outside) and that is the way I like it. I started off at an 8:27 pace and increased it to an 8:20 pace past mile 3. I can say this. I was pooped. I am still out of shape. LOL. Goodness. I was telling myself, ok, we can stop at 5. We can stop at 6. It is still good. I rumbled, bumbled and stumbled my way to a 58:46 for 7 miles. Well, I know I will get back in shape, it will just take awhile. I know in my head it will take a good week or two, but my body wants it now. LOL. Today's forecast. I want to run at Cossaboom ( it will be cold..Smile ), scratch that..it is a Cossaboom run at 4 pm. The fun does not start until night time. I have 7 miles running and 30 minutes biking this week. ( Yes, I had a hard 30 minutes this morning)
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 11 Empty Two Days Off And Fancy Free

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:38 pm

Yep, two days off. Bad news. Not hardly. Why? I planned on 4-5 days running this week. I had 21 miles last week and 35 is a good number this week. I did bike 50 minutes yesterday and was sweating like a pig. I will go home and run on my treadmill at an 8:14 pace for 7 miles. It is nice and brisk out. :)I did not bike this morning, so I have 80 minutes of biking this week and 7 miles running. Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 11 Empty Not Quite What I Wanted, But Pleased With It Anyway

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:20 pm

Not 7 miles. Traffic killed that. Also my laziness did me in. 5 miles was done. Fastest in one month..maybe more...month and a half. First two miles 8:13 pace and last three at 8:06 pace. 40:45 for 5 miles. It was good. I am happy. I think a 56:42 is in the offing tomorrow. My left soleus is sore, but the heating pad should take care of that. I have 12 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 11 Empty About To Hit The Mileage

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:38 pm

About to go run. I do not want to, but I have to at this time for I told my wife I would take my son to swimming practice at 5 pm. 7 miles at an 8:06 pace at Cossaboom. I know I will sweat, but it is still cold outside, so it should be ok. I biked for 30 minutes this morning, so I have 110 minutes of biking this week. I guess I better get out the door.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 11 Empty Pleasantly Surprised

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:39 pm

Well, I knew I would struggle. I did, for the first 5 miles, but after that, I started to get my second wind. Cossaboom was stuffy, but nothing I have not experienced before. Well, I say that, but I have not run in Cossaboom since December. The first five miles were at an 8:36 pace. I was feeling a little perky, so I thought, " Ok, how about an 8 minute pace for the last 2 miles". So, I did. Now, I am not going to tell you it was a piece of cake, but I did it. I know I will be sore tomorrow. I know I will have to put heat on it tonight, but I am going to enjoy it for now. Oh yeah, 56:30 for 7 miles. Fastest 7 miler since the first week of December. I will have to check on that, but I know over 1.5 months. Now, one would think I would shoot straight for a 56 tomorrow, but I have tried to practice patience. I will have to run in the 11 am hour, so I know I will be sore. I am thinking half 8:06 pace and half at an 8 minute pace. We shall see. For now, color me happy. I have 19 miles this week. Oh yeah, I am sure my early morning bike ride will be sore too. Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:59 pm

Nice work, speedy! I wonder if the cross-training on the bike will help you recover and minimize CS problems.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 11 Empty Not Sure

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:58 am

Mark B wrote:Nice work, speedy! I wonder if the cross-training on the bike will help you recover and minimize CS problems.
Thanks Mark. Not sure. Not sure at all. 30 minute bike ride this morning. Felt ok. I was sore. I will run at the Lake Houston YMCA today at 4:30 pm. Wife, said why do you not take our son and let him play there while you run. She stated I will make dinner while you are gone. Today is also his birthday party at preschool. He is sharing it with two other children. I was saying, okie dokie. Sounds good. Softer treadmills. Cooler. I am shooting between 56:12 and 56:42 for today. Still trying to practice patience. Not a full 8 minute paced run, but partial. Still think Sunday will be an 8 minute paced run. Maybe Saturday, but let us see. I have 140 minutes of biking this week and 19 miles of running. Thanks for the compliment Mark. You know I am no good after 10 miles. Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:10 am

Michael Mitchell wrote:I am no good after 10 miles. Smile

Maybe, but you'd kick butt in a 15K. Smile
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 11 Empty Who Knows? LOL

Post  Michael Mitchell Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:32 am

Mark B wrote:
Michael Mitchell wrote:I am no good after 10 miles. Smile

Maybe, but you'd kick butt in a 15K. Smile
 Run was good. It was good. 56:42 and I am happy. Today, Lake Houston at 4 pm. Could be 56 or could be 56:30. Who knows? Who knows Mark, you never know...I have 26 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 11 Empty Starting Off With A Bang

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:23 am

Well, I ended last week with 26 miles. I was thinking 33, but again, I am trying the, "be patient" route. I am ok with that. I got up on Sunday and biked to That Metal Show. I ended up biking 45 minutes. That was a plus. Then came the run. I was very hesitant. I am not sure why, I just was. I was in that, "I do not want to run". Almost everytime this happens, I run well. Well, here we go again. The run was good 56 minutes for 7 miles. I will say this. I experimented with 7:54 pace, but the soleus was having none of that. So, it will be an 8 minute pace until at least next Sunday. I am sore, but the 30 minute bike ride this morning took much of the soreness out. Now, the top of my right foot is sore. Not sure why. I think I have had this before. I think. I will run at Cossaboom today at 4 pm. I know. I know. Every Monday I wimp out. Well, I think I have a plan to fix. I am always tired at the end of the day. Well, I have a Frapacino to see what will happen before. It should work. We shall see. I have 75 minutes biking and 7 miles running.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:53 am

You will get there, Michael.  Just take it easy.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 11 Empty Trying

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:23 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:You will get there, Michael.  Just take it easy.
I am trying Michele. I am. Well, I did not run yesterday. Should I just go ahead and make Monday my regular day off. Had meetings until 5 pm and then had to pick up my child. Oh well. I did bike 30 minutes this morning and have a 7 miler at 12 noon today. 56 minute run at Cossaboom, then a meeting from 1:30 pm to 5:00 pm. It is rainy and 45 here, so (eventhough it might be stuffy) Cossaboom should be fine. I have 105 minutes biking this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 11 Empty Stay Put Young Man

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:54 pm

Well, I guess I am still out of shape. Either that or Cossaboom is still a stuffy place, even when it is 48 degrees. Yep, I was soaked. LOL. 56 minutes for 7 miles. I still think I am out of shape. The last mile I was out of gas. Literally, out of gas. It will take awhile to get back. The soleus is good. No soreness. Tomorrow I am going to run at 2 pm. Get it out of the way. LOL. At least the attitude is back. We are at an 8 minute pace for the week. Totally. I have 14 miles this week. Also, I biked 30 minutes today to give me 105 minutes for the week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 11 Empty Treadmills-Love/Hate

Post  Michael Mitchell Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:30 pm

Well, I ran Friday and today. They were both in 56 minutes for 7 miles. I can tell you that today's a lot harder than yesterdays. I think it is because I was coming off a less than 24 hour turnaround. I am sore (quads) but that just means I am still out of shape. I am getting there. I ran 3 miles on Thursday at my house before my treadmill broke. What I mean by broke is that is skipped so bad, it through against the potted plan in my house. I figured, ok that is enough. I do not want to die here. So, add that to the list of things that need to get fixed. Sigh. So, I ended up with 31 miles this week. That makes the best week since early December. Also, I had four 7 milers at an 8 minute pace. Best since early December. So all in all, great week. I am hoping for 35 miles next week. I also biked 135 minutes on the bike.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 11 Empty Catching Up

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:19 pm

Yep, catching up. Sunday, 56 for 7 miles. Not too bad. Still a little sore, but ok. I am fine with it. I did not run yesterday. I wanted to, but again, the Mondays blahhs hit me. I did bike for 45 minutes and did not bike on Sunday. I did not bike this morning. Not sure what is going on. It is currently 35 degrees outside. You would think that Cossaboom should be fine, but you never know. It is like a crap shoot in there. I will start my run in the 12 pm hour, with a meeting from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm today. I have 7 miles this week and 45 minutes biking.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 11 Empty As Usual

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:26 pm

Par for the course. I running out the door and called back. Run will start at 4:00 pm to 4:30 pm. Sigh. At least I will get it done. Dang it...
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 11 Empty Par For The Course II

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:10 am

Never fails. Just never fails. Meeting let out at 4:45 pm. Took me until 5:45 to get home ( picking up son). Wanted to at least bike. Nope, that was gone too. Sigh. At least I biked this morning for 30 minutes. Then I planned to run at 2 pm today. Nope. I have a meeting at 10 am today. Now, a meeting at 1:30. Just popped up. Ok, 4 pm Cossaboom. Man oh man. I swear I am going to run these next five days dang it.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 11 Empty At Least It Will Get Done

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:00 pm

Yep. Pick up son. Go to Lake Houston YMCA. Knock out 7 miles. Eat at 6:15 pm. At least it is getting done. Sheesh.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 11 Empty Dang

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:44 am

I swear for goodness. Why do I have to have rough days? This was a freaking 8 minute pace. Well, everyone and I mean everyone was at the YMCA. All 30 treadmills were full. You know where I am going with this. It was taxing the air system really good. So, there were stretches of no air moving at all. Aka Cossaboom. It was tough. All 7 miles were rough. Now, the kick in the shorts is this. The last ten minutes, although rough, were in A/C ( I was right under it), but the damage had been done. I should be ok today. I am going to the Texans Branch to run. It will be at either 2 or 4 pm. It will be better because (a), it is bigger than Cossaboom and (b) the air circulates. At least I survived it. 56 minutes for 7 miles. One last rant. The YMCA's have basic service. So, no NBC Sports Channel. Correction. Our local affliate will have the Olympics on. Ok, no worries. :)I have 14 miles this week. Also, I biked for 30 minutes this morning. I have 105 minutes this week. I am still gunning for 35 miles this week. Also, I will have 5-7 milers. Those are both positives from last week. Slowly getting better.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 11 Empty Well 4 PM It Is

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:52 pm

I got it. 4 pm. It is. It will be 2 pm tomorrow. The plan. Get to the Texans Branch. Run for 56 minutes. Watch the Olympics. Get it done and go home. It might be a grinder, but hey, why not? LOL
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 11 Empty What A Difference A Day Makes

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:41 pm

This run was relatively good. No real aches or pains. No grinding. It was good. I could not concentrate on the television, but that is white noise anyway. 56 minutes for 7 miles. It was good. I have 21 miles for the week. 105 minutes on the bike for the week. Tomorrow, I have to run at 2 pm so we can go out on a date night (woo hoo) for Valentine's Day. I think we are going to our old haunt, Zios. Great spaghetti. My nephew (who is 15 1/2) is going to babysit my 5 year old child. I think it will work. This is his first test. Times have changed. My sister was babysitting my two younger sisters when she was 12. Humm. Well, 30 minute bike ride tomorrow morning and 7 mile run at 2 pm. On Saturday, that same sister is coming to visit us early, so this will be an early 10:30 am run at Lake Houston YMCA. How sore will I be?
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:51 pm

Getting it done, Michael, though I can feel your frustration all the way over here on the West Coast.

Props to you for your stubbornness tenacity in getting these runs in. It may make you crazy trying to fit them in, but I suspect it's one of the few things keeping you sane. Smile
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 11 Empty Insane or Stupid Or Crazy

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:17 am

Mark B wrote:Getting it done, Michael, though I can feel your frustration all the way over here on the West Coast.

Props to you for your stubbornness tenacity in getting these runs in. It may make you crazy trying to fit them in, but I suspect it's one of the few things keeping you sane. Smile

I am trying Mark. Well, let me see. I need to fill you in on Saturday and Sunday, right?  Saturday was rough. My legs were dead. Totally dead. I had to grind seriously through 5 miles. I swear I have not had this in awhile. Did it in 40 minutes and said to heck with this. I texted my best friend right after it and told him running sucks. LOL. I ended with 33 miles last week. Again, improvement. Slowly, I am improving. I ended with 190 minutes on the bike ( I biked for 50 minutes on Saturday morning). I did run at 11 am on Saturday, but I am sure that was not the problem. Sunday. Much better. Not great. First 15 minutes were torture. I was like, not again. Slowly, the body started to relax and I finished 7 miles at 56 minutes. I was going for 55:18, but I knew crappy would take over. LOL. I also biked for 45 minutes that morning. Today. Day off from work. We have President's Day. That means, Dissertation and running. I plan to pick my child up from Daycare at 4:30, go to the YMCA ( so he can play) and run a 55:18 for 7 miles. Should be ok. I have 7 miles this week running and 45 minutes biking. I might bike this morning, but I am not sure.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next