365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissertating And Running

+9
Schuey
Dave P
Kenny B.
dot520
Jerry
Seth Harrison
Mark B
Michele "1L" Keane
Michael Mitchell
13 posters

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 10 Empty Slowly Starting 2014

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:36 pm

Good run today. Still sore, but it will be that way for at least a couple of weeks. Should be at 7:30 pace by February 1, 8  minute pace by January 18. Ran 5.15 miles in 50 minutes. Got it up to a 9:43 pace. I will experiment with 9:30 tomorrow. Ice and Alieve tonight and tomorrow. I have been biking (30 minutes Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings) and will do an hour tomorrow morning. I have 10 miles. Slowly, I am coming back. Again, during the run, there were times I so could have run faster. The pain was not there. Then, as usual, I was thinking, uh oh....so it is a slow process. I think I may put my goal 8 minute pace back to January 18 just for cushion. I do think 8:20 could be in the offing Wednesday. We shall see. I did not run from Monday-Thursday of this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.letsrun.com

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 10 Empty Saturday Follies

Post  Michael Mitchell Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:31 am

Biked for 30 minutes this morning. The soleus is sore, but I expected that. The difference is that the soreness after my run Friday is not as bad as the soreness after Sunday's run. What does that mean? We should be good to go at 4 pm today. I am giving the soleus 24 hours to recover. I will start at a 10 minute pace and then progress toward a 9:24 pace by the time 50 minutes is up. I took Alieve at 7 am and should be good to go.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 10 Empty Getting Better

Post  Michael Mitchell Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:40 pm

The future is a little brighter today. Finally, starting to "slowly" come around. Went from 10 minute pace to 9:24 pace in 50 minutes. Ran 5.15 miles, hitting 5 miles in 48:25. So far, after the run, I am not as sore as I thought. Still will do Alieve and ice tonight, but it is looking brighter. I will start from a 9:30 pace tomorrow and go down to 8:55 pace at the end of 50 minutes. Again, so far, so good. I end with 15 miles this week. The most I have had in one month. Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 10 Empty Update

Post  Michael Mitchell Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:54 pm

I was expecting to be really sore, but I am not. I think (think) the worst is over. I will still take an Alieve and ice, but I think I am ok. Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 10 Empty Trying

Post  Michael Mitchell Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:56 pm

Schuey wrote:
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Take it slow and easy, Michael.  Glad you are back at it.

Yes, glad to see that you are back at it Michael!!
Thank you. I think the worst is over. This has been the most trying since before 2005. Very interesting. At least I know the inserts have a "due date".  5 years and replacement. I know that now.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 10 Empty Did Not Run Yesterday...

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:49 pm

I did not run yesterday. Actually, I am ok with that. The soreness is there, but still just an ache. I did bike for 30 minutes today (morning) and this afternoon at 4 pm, the trundeling forward starts. I will run a 9 minute pace for 54 minutes today. I should be ok. I took an Alieve this morning and I should be fine. I will check the soleus each 10 minutes, but I should be ok. I will do a 9 minute pace today and tomorrow, 8:30 pace Wednesday and Thursday, 8:15 pace on Friday and 8:05 pace on Saturday. This should be an interesting week. Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 10 Empty Still Tracking A Postive January

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:25 am

Still tracking a positive month. After spending almost the whole month of December on the sidelines, anything is postive. LOL. Ok, I did not run yesterday, but that is actually a good thing. I now have five days to get my runs in. The schedule is this. I will run at a 9 minute pace today and tomorrow for 54 minutes. Thursday will see an 8:30 pace, Friday, 8:15 pace and Saturday, 8:05. The last three will see 7 milers with today and tomorrow being 6 milers. That will set me up with 33 miles for the week. I should be at an 8 minute pace by next Sunday. I biked for 30 minutes this morning and have 1 hour for the week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 10 Empty Sore But Feeling Good

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:11 pm

This was the fastest run I have had in almost two months...It has been a long time. I ran 6.20 miles in 54 minutes. Most of it was at an 8:41 pace. I am thinking tomorrow, 7 miles in one hour. That is the next threshold, 8:30 pace. The soleus on both sides are sore, but not incapacitated. That is a plus. The run will be in the afternoon. I will ice and Alieve tonight and might Alieve tomorrow. My goal is still an 8 minute pace for 7 miles on Sunday. I think it can be had. I have 6 miles this week. Also, I biked 30 minutes this morning to give me one hour and thirty minutes this week. I have been calling myself Flabby McMasters because of the fact the flab has built up. Now, as I get faster, it will start to go away, but still...well I am glad I am coming back. Hoping to hit between 28 and 30 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 10 Empty Sore Soleus

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:52 pm

It is sore. I biked this morning for 30 minutes. Felt harder than usual. Not sure why. The soleus is sore and my run will be interesting. I should finish my 7 miles, but it will not be pretty. Alieve and ice afterward.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 10 Empty Trying To Get A Grasp On Things

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Yep. First, the good news. I biked very hard this morning for 30 minutes. Second, I ran 6.10 miles in 54 minutes. It was mostly at an 8:54 pace. It was a better run that Wednesday's. We are coming back slowly. Now, I think I will hit an 8 minute mark next week, probably late. I really set myself back on this injury. I really did. I think I should be at an 8:25 pace by Sunday, but not until all of the run is pain free. We are not there yet. I have to be patient. That is the bad news. I am not pain free. I am more pain free than not, but this time, it will take time. I still think 7:30 pace is doable by February 1. I have 12 miles this week. I will end with 18. Still an improvement. Also, last week I was at a 10 minute pace on Sunday. This week, I should be around 8:25 pace. Improvement. I have 180 minutes on the bike. Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissertating And Running

Post  Schuey Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:31 pm

this is awesome to read you are really coming along great! Nice 8:41 pace run the other day. Again another 6 mile run at 8:54 and biking great progress. Hope that 7:30 pace will be doable, like how you are taking your time to comeback.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:04 pm

Schuey wrote:this is awesome to read you are really coming along great! Nice 8:41 pace run the other day. Again another 6 mile run at 8:54 and biking great progress. Hope that 7:30 pace will be doable, like how you are taking your time to comeback.

Kinda having no choice. Believe me, the spirit wants a 7:30 pace now, but the legs must catch up. I can say, two hours after my run, my soleus feels better now than it did after my run on Wednesday. It might be a bit premature, but I think another hurdle has been crossed. Yeah, the biking...my goodness this bike takes no prisoners. It is tough. I have to really grind it out and I am tuckered out at the end of 30 minutes. When I get on the Precours at the YMCA, that is child's play. I mean a one on the Xterra is a 5 on the Precour at the YMCA. LOL.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:42 pm

Michael Mitchell wrote:
Schuey wrote:this is awesome to read you are really coming along great! Nice 8:41 pace run the other day. Again another 6 mile run at 8:54 and biking great progress. Hope that 7:30 pace will be doable, like how you are taking your time to comeback.

Kinda having no choice. Believe me, the spirit wants a 7:30 pace now, but the legs must catch up. I can say, two hours after my run, my soleus feels better now than it did after my run on Wednesday. It might be a bit premature, but I think another hurdle has been crossed. Yeah, the biking...my goodness this bike takes no prisoners. It is tough. I have to really grind it out and I am tuckered out at the end of 30 minutes. When I get on the Precours at the YMCA, that is child's play. I mean a one on the Xterra is a 5 on the Precour at the YMCA. LOL.
Keep on getting over the hurdles!! Haha about the biking just killing you before the runs! Love it!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 10 Empty Biking Tougher Than Running?

Post  Michael Mitchell Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:30 am

Schuey wrote:
Michael Mitchell wrote:

Keep on getting over the hurdles!! Haha about the biking just killing you before the runs! Love it!

Yeah, my bike is tough. Maybe I have it set on the hardest level. It is like trying to haul up a hill. Trust me, I would love to just race through 30 minutes, but dang it, I am not sure how to do it. Oh well, I need the work. Yes, today's bike was rough too. I was soaked. I needed it. I will run at 1 pm today for we have to be at my sister's house at 4 pm ( one hour from us). I will start at an 8:56 pace and see what happens. There is a chance for 8:49 and maybe 8:42 pace, but the idea is to run without pain. I can say that the soleus is not as sore today from when I woke up Thursday. This is a good sign. 54 minute run today. I ended with 180 minutes of biking. Oh by the way, our local Movie Tavern has promotions like Retro Night and others. Today, Flapjacks and a Flick. We, my son and wife and I<( along with my sister in law and her two girls) are going to see Nut Job. Story of my life. I will end with 18 miles this week, so a positive. Going for 30-35 next week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 10 Empty Still Grinding

Post  Michael Mitchell Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:05 pm

54 minutes for 6 miles. It was good. There is NO pain. None. We are getting there. Gotta take it easy, but no pain. For good measure, I went and put in another 30 minutes on the bike. Slowly, we are coming back. Trying for an 8:30 pace for 7 miles tomorrow. I think I can do it. That would be one hour for the run. Lake Houston YMCA would be the perfect place. :)They have some sweet treadmills now. I ended with 18 miles running and 210 minutes biking.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:02 pm

No pain = A good thing.

Keep it up! Working into it gradually seems to be doing the trick for you. And cycling, too.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 10 Empty Gonna Try

Post  Michael Mitchell Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:45 am

Mark B wrote:No pain = A good thing.

Keep it up! Working into it gradually seems to be doing the trick for you. And cycling, too.

Yeah, I know Mark. Do you realize that I got my inserts January 2. I am just now about ready to get to the 8:30 threshold. It is has been that long. This was a serious, this last bout of Compartment Syndrome. Sigh. Ok. Today will be the day. I am gonna do it. 8:30 pace for one hour watching football. I am gonna do it. :)Should be around 3-4 pm. Once one is done, I will slowly get faster all week. I think Friday (could) could be an 8 minute pace. We shall see.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 10 Empty Still Plugging Along

Post  Michael Mitchell Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:29 pm

First, I did not bike today. I thought I would give myself a rest. Back at it at 6:30 tomorrow morning. We are off for Dr. King's Birthday ( amazing man. One of my four heroes), Second, I did not know I was ready for an 8:20 pace. I guess I was. Started at 8:56 and went down until I got there. Am I tired? You betcha. I have not run this far (7 miles) since December 3. I have not run this fast since December 5. Take into account the 3.5 week layoff, yep I am tired. I am sure I will be sore tomorrow. I ran a 59:00 for 7 miles. Happy. Happy. Should see a 56 for 7 miles either Thursday or Friday. So in tracking, that is a 10 minute pace 5 miler last Sunday ( well, Saturday) and an 8:23 pace run today. 8 minute pace should be there next Sunday. Woo Hoo. I have 7 miles this week. I am going to take an Alieve just in case of soreness. Right now, 30 minutes after the run, I am good.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 10 Empty Going Slow

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:20 pm

Yes, yes I am. I have not run since Sunday. Why? I did not want to go from 18 to 42 in one fell swoop. I would be asking for trouble. So, I took two days off. That will give me 4 days of running. We will start at an 8:20 pace for 7 miles today. We will slowly get faster until I am at 56 for 7 miles on Sunday. That would give me 35 miles for the week. A very positive week if done. I did not stop biking. I have 90 minutes this week and will do morning bike rides until I just get sick of it. :)I will run at 5 pm today to the Houston Chevron Marathon at home.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 10 Empty Interesting

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:12 pm

Well, the good news. I finished the 7 miles in 57:55. That was the fastest I have run since Thanksgiving. I ran half at 8:20 and the other half in 8:14 pace. Went through six in 49:45. Now the bad news. I am out of shape folks. Goodness. It was either that or it was humid outside. Not sure. I was sucking wind the last two miles. Also, the soleus is bothering me just a tad. I am wearing compression socks and took an Alieve just for tonight. It should be ok tomorrow, but it was nagging me just a bit the last half mile. I will back off on tomorrow's run for an 8:20 pace just to give it time to catch up. Also, I will give it 24 hours to rest. I should be ok tomorrow. I will bike 30 minutes tomorrow morning at 6 am. I have 14 miles this week running and 90 minutes biking (21 miles biking).
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:32 am

Just take it easy, Michael - it will take a while to get back to where you were.  Patience, Grasshopper, patience.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 10 Empty Should Know Better

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:36 am

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Just take it easy, Michael - it will take a while to get back to where you were.  Patience, Grasshopper, patience.

I know I know. Sheesh. It is aching today, but it is manageable. I biked a hard 30 minutes today. Will not run until 4 pm to give it maximum time to rest. Sigh.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 10 Empty Sore Yesterday

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:15 am

It was just too sore yesterday. Did not want to pull anything, so I opted out. With this being an indoor day (ice and sleet all around Houston), I will run at 4 pm. I will back off to an 8:30 pace and see what is going on. I am disappointed, but this one will be awhile before all the horses are back in place. Also, a 30 minute bike ride this morning will be in the offing. We are supposed to go to work at 12 noon today, but we shall see.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 10 Empty Iced Biking

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:18 pm

Got a quick 30 minutes on the bike while watching our Houston coverage of the ice storm. Dear Lord folks, do not drive. Just do not if you see ice. And we maybe going through this next Wednesday. By the way, this BEATS our Summers. I love them compared to the searing heat of August. Now, back to running. The soleus is ok. I have been massaging it to the point where I think we are good. Will run from 4:30 to 5:30 pm. Going to just stay at an 8:30 pace for this, so 59:45 to 1:00 for the run. It should be ok. I have 150 minutes (approximately 35 miles) biking and 14 miles running.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 10 Empty Slowly Plugging Along

Post  Michael Mitchell Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:07 pm

After each run I complete, I list the positives to brighten my day. I shall do it here. First, I ran 7 miles. Second, the soleus (plural) were sore, but did not pull. Third, it was an 8:24 pace (59:18). Fourth, as we speak, it is less sore than when I ran last Sunday and Wednesday. Fifth, I will run at the Lake Houston YMCA tomorrow. Softer treadmills. Seriously. I ended up with 21 miles. That is positive number 6. Why? I only had 18 last week. Lastly, the aggregate of the 21 was faster than last week's 18. We are slowly getting there. I am shooting for 4-5 days running next week. The negatives are that, one I wanted to be at an 8 minute pace. I am not there yet. Two, I wanted 7:30 pace by February 1. Pretty sure I will not make that. It will get better, this is just going take longer than I thought. Also, I had a very very hard 30 minute bike ride the morning (yeah, monster hills on the course). I ended with 210 minutes biking ( approximately 49 miles biked). We should be at an 8:24-8:20 pace tomorrow.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next