365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IP address issue?

3 posters

Go down

IP address issue? Empty IP address issue?

Post  mul21 Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:28 pm

I'm having problems getting to certain websites, this one in particular, from my home internet. Will renewing the IP address fix it? If so, what's the easiest way to do it?

I'm just getting an error message (in both IE and Firefox) that says the browser can't access the website. It happens for this site, Ebay, and a few other random sites. Any help would be appreciated!
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

IP address issue? Empty Re: IP address issue?

Post  KBFitz Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:27 pm

Reboot your modem and your computer. Leave them both off for at least 30 seconds then turn the modem back on first and the computer a minute later. If the problem persists take two aspirin and see your doctor in the morning.
KBFitz
KBFitz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:50 pm

That usually indicates dropped connectivity. If on a wireless network, it's likely that the wireless card dropped the connection to the access point. If not that, then the carrier connectivity may be intermittently dropping.

When it happens to me the little wireless network connection icon in the taskbar shows a yellow circle on it, indicating that the card is connected but the internet cannot be found. If I click on it and reconnect, everything is fine again.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:50 pm

That's the weird thing though, it's not a wireless problem. I can access most websites, it's just a select few that I can't get to. I'm going to unplug the modem and router overnight tonight to see if the IP address will reset and solve the problem. If not, I have no idea what to do next.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:48 pm

In case any of you IT guys out there were curious, I figured out the issue. My work IT guy suggested a DNS issue, which I confirmed when I couldn't ping or tracert the site. I found a generic DNS that people using my internet service had gotten to work, plugged it in and I can now access the site from home again. Crazy.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down