365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

+25
Glenn
T Miller
Paula Sue
Jerry
Michael Enright
jon c
Randy E
JohnP
Stephanie
Nick Morris
Natalie
Mrs. Schuey
Schuey
Julie
Peg Coover
Alex Kubacki
John Kilpatrick
Mike MacLellan
Penelope
Seth Harrison
Michele "1L" Keane
mul21
Jim Lentz
Tom H
Kenny B.
29 posters

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 13 Empty Re: KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

Post  Nick Morris Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:54 pm

Great workout Kenny...and I am not commenting on the comment...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 13 Empty Re: KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

Post  Kenny B. Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:06 pm

Quality
Commitment - Today's intention is to not feel I have to but want to follow commitments that make me who I choose to be.

Affirmation
I am living by the 10 commitments God has set forth for me.

Quote of the day
"To command is to tell someone what is good for them. To suggest committing is letting someone choose what is good for them." - Kbaldo

Today's Run
Been changing runs on the fly and I am starting to dig the MW LSD Progression runs. Something I never incorporated only on certain sun long runs. I think doing this is going to help me a lot for the remaining cycle.

5:30am - 62/75% humidity for today's 14 mile progression run. Coming off yesterday's track work out quads were a drop sore but this did not keep me from nailing this run. Cooler weather certainly is helping a lot. Stride felt really good today especially when I opened it up for the last 3 miles. Overall 8:14 pace HR 155.

11@ LSD 8:26 w/HR 153 (Very low)

Last 3 @ 7:32, 7:30, 7:21 (HR 162, 165, 164)

Comparison
HR during the LSD is one of the lowest but the last 3 miles HR was way below MP HR zone (170-177) despite being 3 down to 14 seconds faster per mile.

Upcoming
Tomorrow is double dip Thursday 6am 4pm.

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 13 Untitl40
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:42 pm

For those paces in the final miles your HR data looks great, Kenny.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:12 pm

Jim Lentz wrote:For those paces in the final miles your HR data looks great, Kenny.

Thanks! The goal was to keep my HR below 160 for any given mile during the LSd and then I was a bit surprised myself how easy the last 3 miles went and My HR was pretty dam steady so I just went with it for last mile getting faster.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:52 pm

Kenny B. wrote:
Jim Lentz wrote:For those paces in the final miles your HR data looks great, Kenny.

Thanks! The goal was to keep my HR below 160 for any given mile during the LSd and then I was a bit surprised myself how easy the last 3 miles went and My HR was pretty dam steady so I just went with it for last mile getting faster.

Yeah, that run looks even more impressive when you consider how low your HR was for the last three miles. I'm also noticing (as I think I've said before), how much faster your LSD pace is compared with what is was for the past few years.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:56 pm

Kenny, you continue to amaze me. Great run this morning...way to drop the hammer the last three miles.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:38 am

That's a nice finish to the 14M. Things still looking on track.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:45 am

Seth Harrison wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:

Yeah, that run looks even more impressive when you consider how low your HR was for the last three miles. I'm also noticing (as I think I've said before), how much faster your LSD pace is compared with what is was for the past few years.

Thanks seth!

Nick Morris wrote:Kenny, you continue to amaze me. Great run this morning...way to drop the hammer the last three miles.

Thanks. It felt good to open it up a bit!

Alex Kubacki wrote:That's a nice finish to the 14M. Things still looking on track.

Thanks! Yes they are!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:12 am

Quality
Awareness -Today's intention is to notice my thoughts, words, and deeds are in line with what serves me based on my souls purpose! (Do you know what your souls purpose is?)

Affirmation
I am simply noticing who and what I'm being, doing and having, and seeing whether it serves me.

Quote of the day
"Please don't identify me as a runner as that is limiting who and what I am. I am a human, being doing and having whatever serves my soul purpose."

Today's Run
6:00am - 72/93% humidity - Double Dip Thursday. Turned this morning runfrom 6 to 7 miles at recovery pace and will do 4 -5 miles in the PM for11 to 12 miles. I felt quite good out there today coming off back to back hard days. Quads slightly sore but with easy running today I should be ready for another hard day tomorrow. Pace 9:30 and HR 137 is par for the course.

Comparison
I was happy with HR 137 is pretty good for the 7 miles at that pace.

Upcoming
Hurricane possibilities in NJ this Sunday. I am scheduled for 20 so not sure what the move for me is right now. Possibly 20 on TM but that is assuming we have electric. Tomorrow suppose to be 11 w/ 4x1600 hill repeats @ LSD pace (3-4% incline).
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:19 am

Been watching the hurricane. Hope it bypasses you guys.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:06 am

Great 14 miler. I hope the hurricane goes into the ocean. I lived through Ivan in '04 in NW FL and it was miserable being without electricity for 10 days and just hearing about all the looting and a little girl was killed in our neighborhood because her dad was using a chain saw to clean up their yard and a huge limb fell on her....just lots of difficult memories from that time.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:30 pm

Nice job on the 14 mile run and the 7 miler. Good luck on the 20 this weekend, too. Hopefully the hurricane skips your area or at least doesn't interfere with your running. Maybe you can find a wind-powered treadmill. J/K. I hope if you can't run outside, that your power stays on ok.
Penelope
Penelope
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:55 pm

Penelope wrote:Nice job on the 14 mile run and the 7 miler. Good luck on the 20 this weekend, too. Hopefully the hurricane skips your area or at least doesn't interfere with your running. Maybe you can find a wind-powered treadmill. J/K. I hope if you can't run outside, that your power stays on ok.

I always wanted a wind-powered TM! lol
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:56 pm

PM Run - 5:30pm - ran 4 easy miles legs where a bit heavy but not tight. HR was very low 132 pace on the slow side but intentional 9:50's. Hopefully recovered for tomorrows harder run!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:53 pm

Good luck this weekend. Don't let Irene push you around.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:15 am

Quality
Freedom - Today's intention to not be attached to the outcome.

Affirmation
I am living life without expectation, without the need for specific results. That is freedom. That is Godliness.

Quote of the day
Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by someone who is detached.
- Simone Weil

Today's Run
6:00am - Headed indoors on TM for 11 w4x1mile hill repeats all @ LSD pace. Inclines (3%,3%,4%,4%). Overall my HR for the hills portion was a bit lower then last Hill work of 3%,4%, 4%). Legs felt pretty loose atnot much soreness in quads.

Overall 8:28 HR 153 on the low side of my HR zone which is good as tomorrow I have to get in my 20 mile since Sunday Ms. Hurricane Irene is coming to town. Hopefully, I can handle my 4th 20 this cycle so far after pretty tough week.

Today's affirmation reminded me I do not NEED to have a specific result knowing "A" result will happen free me of my attachments. I ran my run and the outcome was the outcome. I will carry this into tomorrows 20.

Comparison
Definitely felt easier for this week hill work. HR proves it as well.

Upcoming
20 tomorrow since Sunday looks a bit dangerous. Don't know what the outcome will be running 20 after a semi-hard day and the last 4 days of 9, 14, 11, 11 miles.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:08 pm

Kenny I think that's a smart decision to move up the 20. Because of the mileage you've done in the days leading up to Saturday maybe run it a little slower at least in the beginning.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:32 pm

I'm going to try a Kbaldo-ism. Going into tomorrow with a level of uncertainty is to be expected, but going into it with a level of fear will only lead to self-inflicted failure. Eh? Eh?
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:39 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:I'm going to try a Kbaldo-ism. Going into tomorrow with a level of uncertainty is to be expected, but going into it with a level of fear will only lead to self-inflicted failure. Eh? Eh?

I love it! MacLellanism.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:30 am

Quality
open-mindedness - Today's intention is to not put a judgment on events.

Affirmation
I am not complaining I am just experiencing a set of circumstances.

Quote of the day
Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by someone who is detached.
- Simone Weil

Today's Run
6:15am - I went to the trails today for my 4th 20 so far this schedule as the boardwalk area was evacuated. I really wanted to stay off the trails to so I can run flat to give my legs a rest as I was coming off yesterday's 11 miles with hill work.

Without any options I schedule 20 on the trails as Sunday will be difficult to run in the eye of IRENE. Goal today was to run strictly on feel. I did wear my watch and HR monitor but did not look at it at all.

At the start is was 71 w/97% humidity. The first 5 mile I knew I was a bit slower then usual but intention here was to conserve my energy to make it to 20 as I was not sure how the humidity would affect me. Typically 97% would be a very rough run for 20.

I ended up using today's affirmation periodically when I was going up hills, dodging some puddles and when the rain came falling down. When I got to 10 miles I knew it would be a good day for me. Legs felt really good I can tell my HR was in the zone.

After I was done I clocked a 8:43 pace HR 158 for 20.5 miles. This is about 13 seconds slower then typical LSD's but HR was in my zone which is a good sign. Although I can tell I had a good amount of energy the last few miles I was satisfied with today's run even at 8:43. I ran 65 this week so far (Sunday looks like no running) w/ (2) back to back hard days.

Below are my splits and looking at it splits broken up in 5 mile increments

1-5: 9:07 - HR 149
6-10: 8:38 - HR 158
11-15: 8:37 - HR 160
15-20.5: - 8:31 HR 165

Comparison
Comparing this to a similar run of 20 miles in trails on Aug 7 with humidity HR was 167 with 9:40 pace and I finished spent.

Upcoming
Tomorrow if I can run Ill do 5 if not it will be a day off and a forced step back week as far as mileage goes.

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 13 Untitl19

Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:41 pm

With the miserable weather conditions, that's a fine looking 20 Kenny. No question the humidity accounted for the slower pace. Good job getting the 4th one done.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:48 pm

Nicely done, Kenny. Glad the legs didn't cause too much of a bother and psyche you out early on.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:55 pm

Nice job getting it in even after the hard day yesterday with the weather coming tomorrow.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:52 pm

Catching up a little here, Ken. I think a forced step-back week might
be a good thing - I was really impressed with your paces in your 20
miler - steady during the meat of it and it looked like you had a little
to give there at the end. Really cool looking numbers on Wednesday's workout. Great job and stay safe!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:59 am

Nice job Kenny, especially considering the conditions. I hope that you are staying safe!!! Don't let Irene bully you...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next