365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

+25
Glenn
T Miller
Paula Sue
Jerry
Michael Enright
jon c
Randy E
JohnP
Stephanie
Nick Morris
Natalie
Mrs. Schuey
Schuey
Julie
Peg Coover
Alex Kubacki
John Kilpatrick
Mike MacLellan
Penelope
Seth Harrison
Michele "1L" Keane
mul21
Jim Lentz
Tom H
Kenny B.
29 posters

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 8 Empty Re: KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

Post  Kenny B. Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:39 am

Julie wrote:You are doing some great running! I enjoy running in pretty much any weather unless it's cold rain or it's icy outside. I get so nervous about falling (and then I go and fall on dry sidewalk in the summer. haha).

I took a nice head first dive on pavement a few years ago on dry pavement. But I also did a nice side slide on ice last winter. That was fun.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 8 Empty Re: KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

Post  Kenny B. Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:54 pm

Did 9GA went great will write report later.

Sunday thunder storms rain 60% 73-82 with 90% humidity from 6-9am for my 20 mile run. Thinking about doing it tomorrow morning but really wanted to do my easy run tomorrow. Not sure what I will do? Certainly don't want to take 20 indoors?

Do I take the chance and hope no lightening on Sunday am or run Sat?
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:17 pm

Kenny do you usually get TStorms that early? We don't here and so if I saw that forecast I would run outside thinking it may rain but I wouldn't worry about the TStorm. That's just me though.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:18 pm

Alex Kubacki wrote:Kenny do you usually get TStorms that early? We don't here and so if I saw that forecast I would run outside thinking it may rain but I wouldn't worry about the TStorm. That's just me though.

Alex - someone else told me that TS really starts later in the day when it heats up so you might be right. I don't feel like running 20 tomorrow anyways so it will be on Sunday rain or sun! Rain never my issue. It will most likely be indoors although some good trails in the rain could be fun!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:11 pm

I hope it works that you can do your 20 outside. We get t-storms early a.m. often, 2-6 a.m. are probably the most common time. If you knew for sure no t-storms tomorrow I would probably suggest doing it then if you have the flexibility.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanie Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:53 pm

Kenny, I used one of your affirmations during my run today, and loved it! What a great way to take in a positive message!! I will definitely be doing this again.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:55 am

Stephanie O wrote:Kenny, I used one of your affirmations during my run today, and loved it! What a great way to take in a positive message!! I will definitely be doing this again.

That is just awesome. This type of running has helped me tremendously letting go over anger, frustration, doubt, fear, uncertainty and has led me to an even more loving, patient, confident, faithful, giving, and joyful person. There is a lot of uncertainty in the world today and this does creep into certain areas of my life.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:26 am

Friday

Quality:

Strength of Heart - Friday's intention was about changing my perspective on the events happening in and around my life. Looking for opportunity.

Quotation:
Much of your pain is the bitter potion by which the physician within heals your sick self. - Kahlil Gibran

Meditation:
6:00am - cooler weather 68 but 90% humidity. Did 7.5 mile @ GA @ 7:52 pace then finished with 9x100 strides for 9+ miles. This was as good asGA run can get. Legs felt fresh w/smooth stride and HR was on the low side of GA 159. Hit strides at :20 sec each dusting off the legs a bit for quick turnover.

Comparison

Similar to the other day's GA run of 8.44 miles but I added extra stride and knocked out 7.5 vs. 7 @ GA with 1pt higher HR.

Affirmation:
I am trusting in God's plan for my life, gratefully opening to and accepting the blessing contained in all my experiences.

Results
I had a fabulous delicious run filled with being loved and taken care of and I knowing I am exactly where I should be for a purpose I don't need to know about at this time. Saturday

Quality:

Dominion - Today's intention is communication with the Divine Spirit putting aside the outside world in replace for the inside world focusing on one intention per hour.

Side note: I always felt it should be the opposite we should be living in the inside world putting aside the inside for the outside at times but always going back to the inside. Seems I am always chasing the inside world over rules over powered over sensitized to the outside world.

Quotation:
Every hour, every morning, every afternoon was a different world and a different self that sought to run through it. - James Shapiro

Meditation:
6:45am - Recovery with purpose. 5 easy mile to give the legs a fresh start for tomorrows 20 mile run. This will be back to back weekend of 20miles. Pace was 9:39 nice and slow and HR was on the very low end at 132. Legs felt like they needed a recovery as expected from hard week of running.

Comparison
Pretty par for the course but HR was on very very low end of my zone this is a good sign that I am not over training and should be prepared well for tomorrows 20.

Affirmation:
Moment to moment, I am meeting my world, inside and out, with loving positivity.

Results
Interesting for around 4 miles my mind was focus on the tender loving care of my divine spirit and thinking positive about the day ahead of me. Then resentment anger and frustration crept in with regards to a person that owes my company quite a bit of money. My attorney is laying down the hammer and part of me wanted to inflict emotional and financial pain on this person. Then I continued my run and let go of that feeling in replace with compassion as God tells me if he is stealing money from me he must need it more than me and I don't know what his soul is up to.

Upcoming
Rain and winds expected tomorrow might hit the trails for a
muddy run.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:25 pm

Have a great 20 tomorrow.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:29 am

Back to back 20 done. I'd say it was a good 10 an alright 6 and a terrible 4. I was the hunted in the amazon and the humidity was the predator. Lost 8 lbs on this run after drinking 80oz if fluid during and after ouch. Bastard caught me on the last 4. Details coming.

Looking forward to a healthy step back week.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:24 pm

Kenny B. wrote:Back to back 20 done. I'd say it was a good 10 an alright 6 and a terrible 4. I was the hunted in the amazon and the humidity was the predator. Lost 8 lbs on this run after drinking 80oz if fluid during and after ouch. Bastard caught me on the last 4. Details coming.

Looking forward to a healthy step back week.

That sounds about like a carbon copy of my run today. I hung on pretty well through 15, but it was a disaster after that. I went through 2 entire sets of clothes, shoes and socks included!
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:12 pm

Way to grit through the 20 miler this morning, especially sinsce it was a back to back 20. Rest up this next week and get ready to start kicking training butt the next week.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:47 pm

You lost 8 lbs. during that run? Man, that's a lot! I'm pretty happy that I got my long run in yesterday.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:59 pm

8lbs! That's insanity, especially considering you drank 5lbs of fluids. Way to grind through that one. You East Coast-ers make me really, really thankful I'm on this side of the country, with your crazy temps and humidity.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:18 pm

Sounds like a really tough 20 miler! I don't think I've ever lost more than 6 lbs on a run so I am sure you were really sweating. I hope you rested throughout the day today and feel OK. I felt pretty awful all day last Sunday with our heat and humidity running 20 miles. Hope things cool off for you soon.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:32 pm

Thanks! Suprisingly feeling pretty good. Weight is back to normal pee is clear drinking all day water some coconut water as well. Legs right now feel very good. Monday im off tuesday should be fine to nail tempo run.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:36 am

Kenny it's these runs that help build the mental toughness that will really help you come race day. Great job.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:11 am

Quality:
Openness - Sunday's intention was to create space in my life for God's communication.

Quotation:
Be prepared at all times for the gifts of god. For God is a thousand times more ready than we are." - Meister Eckhart

Meditation:
6:30am - 75-79 degrees starting out over 90% humidity. Headed to my usual trails at the Manasquan Reservoir for 20 miles. I went into the run with great spirit and positive outlook on the task at hand. Never thinking the weather would be an issue. (boy was I wrong). The first 5 miles went by rather quickly and quite well. The next 5 I felt a bit concerned about doing 10 more I popped a 2nd Gu Roctane and got some pep back into my stride. As I hit the hills I constantly was chanting my affirmation for the day. This helped me through mile 15. But then the wheels starting coming off around mile 16. From 16-18 I was laboring a bit despite all the fluids I drank including gatorard. I popped my last Roctane at 16 and not sure if it did much and when I got to 18 I passed my car and considered (strongly) to stop and call it a day. But I guess I like pain so I continued and it was not pretty. I was slowing down to a death march pace was way off and by the time I finished I was spent. Not a dam stride more than the 20. Pace 8:41 (vs. 8:30 typically) and HR 167 ouch.

My hand from the wetness were like prunes and my body was just done.

Comparison
This was probably one of my worst 20's ever and certainly hardest/worst run of this cycle and then some.

Affirmation:
I am opening to the infinite gift of Spirit, creating space for God's love and divine inspiration in every area of my life.

Results
For 16 miles I felt very at peace and positive and the chants kept on coming. The last 2-3 miles I did not have the strength emotionally to utter a word out of my mouth inside or out. I was so uncomfortable that even my watch was irritating me. At some point I felt my skin starting to rise off my bones pulling at me in all different directions.

After drinking 50oz of water on the 20 mile run (certainly not enough) another 30-40 on the way home I ended upo still losing 8 freakin' lbs. from 169 to 161. That ain't a good sign. I really should of had more fluids on the run probably another 20oz.

Upcoming
Today I am off and tomorrow depending on how I feel I go into 9 with 5 @ LT.

schedule for this up coming week. I took the liberty to actually reduce the mileage a bit more getting rid of a double day run. This will be my first step back week in the cycle since 4 weeks ago. Miles have been 62 64 64 66 this week Ill do 50-56 I have two schedules depending on how I feel tomorrow.

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 8 Untitl30
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:43 am

8 pounds? That pretty much says it all. I can't believe you kept going in spite of the fact you were next to your car at 18 - you are a tough hombre... This should be a good thing to have in your memory bank when the pain starts during a marathon, but be careful out there too!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:56 am

John Kilpatrick wrote:
8 pounds? That pretty much says it all. I can't believe you kept going in spite of the fact you were next to your car at 18 - you are a tough hombre... This should be a good thing to have in your memory bank when the pain starts during a marathon, but be careful out there too!

Tough or stupid there is a difference. I felt like one would feel the last 2-3 miles of a marathon (if you raced it). I have 26.2 miles as fun runs and felt better than yesterday with similar pace. weather is such a major roll in running!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:59 am

Kenny B. wrote:
John Kilpatrick wrote:

Tough or stupid there is a difference. I felt like one would feel the last 2-3 miles of a marathon (if you raced it). I have 26.2 miles as fun runs and felt better than yesterday with similar pace. weather is such a major roll in running!

Finishing runs like this one, should really give you confidence on race day to push through that wall and finish strong...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:20 am

Oof, Kenny, I think we all know the feeling you got on the end of that run. Hopefully it stayed closer to discomfort than pain/misery... The adage I've always heard goes that discomfort leads to improvement, pain/misery inhibits it.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:22 am

Mike MacLellan wrote:Oof, Kenny, I think we all know the feeling you got on the end of that run. Hopefully it stayed closer to discomfort than pain/misery... The adage I've always heard goes that discomfort leads to improvement, pain/misery inhibits it.

It was discomfort with a twist of misery...nothing hurt me just could not move much more.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:41 am

Great week Kenny! Glad you stuck it out on the 20. Once you recover, it will be a distant memory. I'm sure those affirmations are helping you! Even though you hit a low point, you did it anyway!Cool That is always inspiring!
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:14 pm

I wish I would have jumped on the scale before I went out for my run. I'm sure I was pretty close to the same weight loss as you in spite of the 64 or so oz. of fluids and 3 Gu during the run.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next