365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

+25
Glenn
T Miller
Paula Sue
Jerry
Michael Enright
jon c
Randy E
JohnP
Stephanie
Nick Morris
Natalie
Mrs. Schuey
Schuey
Julie
Peg Coover
Alex Kubacki
John Kilpatrick
Mike MacLellan
Penelope
Seth Harrison
Michele "1L" Keane
mul21
Jim Lentz
Tom H
Kenny B.
29 posters

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 12 Empty Re: KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

Post  Penelope Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:14 pm

Great running! Good luck with the multiple marathons plan. If you've done it before, I'm sure you can do it again and hopefully PR the 2nd one.
Penelope
Penelope
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 12 Empty Re: KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

Post  JohnP Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:26 pm

Good recovery run in the morning Kenny. It sounded like a very relaxing run from all you wrote, whereas the afternoon one seems to be just get it over with. I didn't realize you are doing the 50 next year, that will be pretty amazing.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:51 am

JohnP wrote:Good recovery run in the morning Kenny. It sounded like a very relaxing run from all you wrote, whereas the afternoon one seems to be just get it over with. I didn't realize you are doing the 50 next year, that will be pretty amazing.

I am planning on doing a 50 jfk seems like a good fit. We will see as it gets closer. Thanks!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:10 am

Quality
Faith: Today's Intention is to know god is working in my favor and trust in his plan.

Affirmation
I am the faith that moves mountains as God works in my favor.

Quote of the day
"To conquer fear you have to accept faith." - Baldo

Today's Run
6:00am - 68/90% humidity. Coming off a daily double of easy runs I feltpretty good as I started but the humidity was a bit off putting. Plan was 9 miles @ GA pace w/10x100's. I was hitting my splits fine and HR was still in zone come mile 6.5 then I nailed it. What I thought was pebble at first is sole of shoe as I continued I realized it was a nail pushing through hitting my foot.

I had stopped and if it was not for my orthodic I would have an issue of a rusty nail in foot. Divine Spirit
must of known all this because not only did orthotic protect me but right on the street was this metal tool that I was able to use to shimmyout the nail otherwise I was going to have to call it quits. So because of the 3-4min break I felt I can add a mile of GA ended up with 10 miles then doing my sprints. It was not easy to start back up but once I did it worked out well. HR 163 on avg well within my zone GA portion 7:52.

Another reason why I probably will never run barefoot or with minimalist shoes.

Comparison

This was my longest GA portion run but HR although well within zone was a bit higher then usual. Then again the humidity was not welcoming.

Upcoming
Tomorrow is an easy 5 miles as I get ready for another 20 this Sunday!

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 12 Untitl38
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:24 am

Nice run Kenny. Your heart rate looked pretty steady though out.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:46 am

Alex Kubacki wrote:Nice run Kenny. Your heart rate looked pretty steady though out.

For the GA portion it seemed to stay steady at 167 in the later miles although you can't see that from the chart. But that is at the top of my GA HR zone but then again 7:52 is only 18+ seconds slower then MP pace. Unless of course MP is really faster.

A fun fact:
I have trained before at MP pace of 7:35-7:40 and my PR pace is 7:57. Now last year my GA pace was bout 8:05 so what is going on? This is 8 seconds faster then my GA training. What does this mean? Since I am running GA now at 7:53 is my MP pace really 8 seconds faster maybe 7:45?
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:52 pm

Nice job on the run and good that nail didn't get you. Perhaps your MP is 8 seconds faster.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:06 am

Quality
Faith: Today's Intention is to know god is working in my favor and trust in his plan.

Affirmation
I am creating my reality in every moment as God watches over me.

Quote of the day
"Want to free your mind from your run, try running for the soul of it."

Today's Run
This concludes a very successful 72 mile week.

6:14am - 70/87% to 75/70% for today's 20. I got to the trails (5 mile loops marked) and forgot my Garmin HR monitor. So I decided to just go without it. I kept my phone in my cooler and started at 6:14. Ibrought more water with me on this 20 which was a good move.

The first 10 miles went by in flash feeling great stopped to get morefluids phone had me at 8:30 pace on avg (pretty dam cool) finished the next 10 at 9:04. 8:30 avg run totally by feel pretty dam amazing as that is my LSD pace.

Overall I felt so smooth out there today handling the hills quite well. HR don't know but I would say it felt around 162-163 on avg. This was the easiest 20 mile to date never feeling tired and had to keep myself from going faster the last few miles. I could have easily turnedthis into a Progression Run but wanted to finish this 72 mile week feeling strong.

Who said you have to be a slave to your Garmin. Might have to forget it more often.

Comparison
Don't have HR data but judging by how good I felt I would say this goes down as one of the best 20's to date. I never felt defeated by the humidity and drinking an extra 16 oz of water on this run helped tremendously.

Upcoming
Monday rest day.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:50 am

Kenny, great run to finish up a great week. Am I reading correctly, a 20 on Friday, and another one on Sunday? I'd say you deserve a rest day tomorrow!
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:25 pm

Seth Harrison wrote:Kenny, great run to finish up a great week. Am I reading correctly, a 20 on Friday, and another one on Sunday? I'd say you deserve a rest day tomorrow!

No. 9 friday re-read. Lol
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:28 pm

Kenny B. wrote:
Seth Harrison wrote:Kenny, great run to finish up a great week. Am I reading correctly, a 20 on Friday, and another one on Sunday? I'd say you deserve a rest day tomorrow!

No. 9 friday re-read. Lol

Dunno what I was reading! A great week nonetheless!!!
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:20 pm

Nice job on your successful week Kenny! cheers Sounds like you did great! I hear you on losing the Garmin from time to time. I tend to look at my watch fairly often if I bring it. When I don't I tend to run more relaxed and let my body dictate the tempo.

Wearing it along with a heart monitor does give you a decent tool to gauge improvement or progress of course.
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:13 pm

Very nice job on the 20 Kenny and the high mileage for the week!
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:35 pm

Great week of training and congrats on the great 20 miler!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:18 pm

Kenny, that was one heck of a week capped by a heck of a run! Great confidence builder. I don't think I've ever ran 20 and could call it easy... Great job and enjoy tomorrow....

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:35 am

Nice job Kenny. Great way to finish the week.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:24 am

I like the meditation regarding the Garmin. I had the same exact experience yesterday - stop looking at the watch and WOW the pace gets easier. Way to knock out that 20. You're looking strong.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:00 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:I like the meditation regarding the Garmin. I had the same exact experience yesterday - stop looking at the watch and WOW the pace gets easier. Way to knock out that 20. You're looking strong.

I think using it mainly for HR data is more important but I am sure if I have the watch on me I will look at while running. We will see where it takes me.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:17 pm

...or where you take it.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:28 pm

Way to knock out 20 Kenny!! You are looking very strong and in all honesty, I think that you are going to crush your goal this fall. Keep it up!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:40 am

Jim Lentz wrote:...or where you take it.

Where my soul takes it! cheers

Nick Morris wrote:Way to knock out 20 Kenny!! You are looking very strong and in all honesty, I think that you are going to crush your goal this fall. Keep it up!!

Nick thanks so much! As I continue to train and nail many of my runs especially the key ones I feel more confident I can go sub 3:20. Still got the meat of my training left and 7:35 pace sounds daunting at times but it ain't about how it sounds vs. how it feels. So far it feels right!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:17 pm

Quality
Knowing: Today's intention is to stop using my mind which take away from my soul

Affirmation
I am truly knowing God by being out of my mind and into my soul.

Quote of the day
"They say the mind is a terrible thing to waste. I say go ahead waste it, but save your soul." kbaldo

Today's Run
5:45am - Did someone turn on the A/C? 57/75% Wow! Headed to track for 5x1000's w/2min jog WU for 2.5 miles then did 1000's goal was 4:08. Splits where: 4:07, 4:07, which just felt a bit on the slow side so I stepped it up and nailed 4:03 for the remaining 3. Cooled down with 2+ miles for total of 9. Overall this was a successful v02max workout.

Comparison
Never did 1000's just 400,600,800, 1200, 1600 so can't compare but when I hit 800's i was at 3:14 vs. 3:17 last week. Thrilled with the 4:03 splits avg. 4:05 which on the faster side of suggested McMillain!

Upcoming
Tomorrow is 14 @LSD possible MP last 2-3 if feeling up to it.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:34 pm

Kenny B. wrote:
I am truly knowing God by being out of my mind...

I've been looking at this quote all day and have been resisting the urge to comment... Very Happy
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:24 pm

Seth Harrison wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:

I've been looking at this quote all day and have been resisting the urge to comment... Very Happy

Oh, come on, quit holding back! lol!
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:53 pm

mul21 wrote:
Seth Harrison wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:

Oh, come on, quit holding back! lol!

Please comment. Im curious. Lol
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next