365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NIke Lunar Flow

4 posters

Go down

NIke Lunar Flow Empty NIke Lunar Flow

Post  Dave Bussard Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:17 pm

Any thoughts? Looking for a road flat for some upcoming 5K's...Looks like a sweet shoe!

"The Lunar Flow might be Nike’s lightest running shoe ever created.
Weightless upper consists of a Fuse framework and breathable mesh,
sitting on a LunarLon cushioning foundation. One-piece construction with
the heel and upper exoskeleton fusing seamlessly into the midsole. Wt.
7.8 oz."

NIke Lunar Flow Nike-l11
Dave Bussard
Dave Bussard
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

NIke Lunar Flow Empty Re: NIke Lunar Flow

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:10 am

It's a little too white for my tastes, but looks like a fast shoe. Is it really 7.8 oz? The LunarSpider2 (5.3oz) and Zoom Streak XC 3 (5.4oz) are a much lighter shoe and could be even faster for the short distance races.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:22 pm

Dave, I got to "sample" this shoe before the marathon last year. I believe its designed more as a marathon flat with the 7.8 ounce weight. Like Nick said, the Zoom Streak XC is considerably lighter. However, that shoe has essentially no cushioning or support at all.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Bussard Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:54 pm

Dave-O wrote:Dave, I got to "sample" this shoe before the marathon last year. I believe its designed more as a marathon flat with the 7.8 ounce weight. Like Nick said, the Zoom Streak XC is considerably lighter. However, that shoe has essentially no cushioning or support at all.

I kind of need a shoe with a bit more substance. It would probably work well for me. I race in the Streak XC 3's now. You're right about the cushioning. This might sound weird, but I add a stock insole from my Pegasus's (sp???) just to give it a little more support.
Dave Bussard
Dave Bussard
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:37 pm

The Adidas Adizero Tempo is pretty light (I think mine are 7.5 oz, but I'm betting my foot is smaller Rolling Eyes ). Anyway, I like them for anything from 5k up to the half marathon distance, but after that I need a bit more shoe. I even put my orthotics in them for the longer runs (15K-half).
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down