365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brooks Pure Connect or Flow?

+2
Jim Lentz
fostever
6 posters

Go down

Brooks Pure Connect or Flow? Empty Brooks Pure Connect or Flow?

Post  fostever Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:00 pm

Hey,
Maybe Ben Z or others. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these. Any reviews from people who have had some real experience with them. I'm talking the originals, they have mixed reviews with a lean towards positive on the store websites.
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Brooks Pure Connect or Flow? Empty Re: Brooks Pure Connect or Flow?

Post  Jim Lentz Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:10 pm

I have tried the PureDrift and like them a lot.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:18 pm

I tried the Pureflow and they were not for me. But others I know have liked them.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:I tried the Pureflow and they were not for me. But others I know have liked them.
Why not for you? I may have similar feelings.
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:55 pm

fostever wrote:
Michele "1L" Keane wrote:I tried the Pureflow and they were not for me. But others I know have liked them.
Why not for you? I may have similar feelings.

I have notoriously tight calves and I have often had issues with racing flats and my inability to wear them for longer than a 10K. I had trouble "breaking" in the no-drop shoe and I never ran over 3 miles in them (several times) without having my calves tighten. I attribute this to my achilles issues that occurred shortly after I gave up trying to run in them. I decided not to mess with the minimalist approach and I find that I can wear a light shoe that is still an 8-9 mm drop and be fine. I also really didn't care for the "cushy" feeling either. It was kind of weird wearing a shoe that seemed like a ballet flat but was cushy.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  T Miller Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:48 pm

I have a pair of pure connect and I don't particularly care for them. I'm not exactly sure why but I think it is because they are rather narrow in the forefoot even though I don't have wide feet. They also have an abnormally high arch and for some reason that seems to bother me. It's like it doesn't provide an opportunity for my arch to flex. I've run marathons in flats before (T5 racer, lunar racer, spira stinger) without a problem and I typically like light weight shoes (kinvara, spira stinger, lunar racer, NB 101, inov8 road x 255, mizuno musha, nike free run 2).
T Miller
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:18 pm

I have both the Connect 2's and the Flow 2's. I love them both. The Connect 2's, I believe, have been made a bit wider than the originals. Though, for the Connects, I had to move up an extra 1/2 size. The Flow's have great cushion but are still pretty light. The Connects are less cushioned, but lighter.
I'm not sure the Connects would be a good marathon shoe, the Flow's yes.
Bob
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Z Sun May 05, 2013 2:27 pm

Sorry I missed this.

I went through at least five pairs of the original Pure Connect. So I guess I liked them a bit. But they are narrow I will admit. And I think the GoRun2 is essentially the same shoe only lighter and a bit wider.

I did PR in the marathon wearing the Pure Connect last December. And did all my key runs in them too leading up to the race. No issues to speak of.

I have not tried the Pure Flow because it looks too built up. I prefer a shoe lower to the ground on the roads.
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Z Sun May 05, 2013 2:38 pm

This shoe looks really cool too. And wider.

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpageMRS-I8X178.html
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Sun May 05, 2013 3:15 pm

Thanks folks, I waited too long for the super discount on the original flows, but may be able to get a liquidation somewhere else. I'm loaded with shoes right now so maybe I should hold off to help fund this dormer rehab my better half is pushing for, arrrggghhh!!! Mad
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down