365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brooks PureGrit

4 posters

Go down

Brooks PureGrit Empty Brooks PureGrit

Post  Tim M Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:00 pm

I cannot wait for this shoe. The new Brooks PureGrit. This is part of Brooks new PureProject shoes - Brooks take on the minimalist concept. They will continue with the traditional shoes that they now refer to as "float" shoes with all the cushioning. The PureProject shoes are the lightweight "feel" shoes with little cushion, more flexibility, and little heel-toe drop.

Brooks PureGrit Books-pure-grit-mens

They come out in October. I almost got a free pair from Scott Jurek, but he wears a different size.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Brooks PureGrit Empty Re: Brooks PureGrit

Post  Schuey Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:02 pm

So after looking at the picture you posted, I take it that these can be worn on technical trails? Would Scott wear these running WS100?
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:11 pm

Schuey wrote:So after looking at the picture you posted, I take it that these can be worn on technical trails? Would Scott wear these running WS100?

I'm not sure. Scott posts a fair amount of photos on his facebook page. On the road up Mount Evans (the 14'er you can see in the Denver Skyline) he was running in Brooks Racer ST5's. On the trails, most of time he is wearing the Cascadia (various versions). The PureGrit are new and he said he really likes them when we talked. Devil's Thumb looks pretty hard and in some of the photos he had strap-on cleats on the PureGrit for climbing the snowpack. (There is still a lot of snow up in the mountains. Record snowpack this year.)
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:33 am

So these are lighter weight than shoes like the Launch? Or are they just made for trails?
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:41 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:So these are lighter weight than shoes like the Launch? Or are they just made for trails?

I don't think launch is that light weight considering. I prefer shoes that are light weight but not ones that mimic barefoot running. Seems they are getting harder to find.

Getting tired of seeing this trend towards that as they leave those who are just looking for a good light weight shoe but with a normal heel toe ratio. I am done ranting.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down