365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clawing My Way Back

+26
healdgator
ounce
Michele "1L" Keane
jon c
Jim Lentz
Joel H
Alex Kubacki
Julie
Paula Sue
Tom H
Liz R
Seth Harrison
Mark B
John Kilpatrick
Natalie
Ken Mello
Peg Coover
Tea from RonItch
dot520
Matt W
Jerry
Kenny B.
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Dave-O
Michael Mitchell
30 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 28 Empty Pleasantly Surprised

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:47 pm

Wow. Just wow. That was easier than I thought. First, it felt good. Second, eventhough I was drenched, I did not have to try. First five miles, 37:55 and the last two in 15:00 to give me a 52:55 at lunch for 7 miles. My meeting will feel so good now. The run is out of the way. I still have this godawful head cold. Yuck. My Asics Gel Strike 3's are done. They are toast. I can see right through them. Also, my soleus is starting to ache. Also, they have 565.3 miles on them. Not bad for a $40 pair of shoes. I am retiring them today. Tomorrow, I use my back ups, the Asics Gel Impression 3's until I get some more shoes. They (the Gel Impression 3's) have 123 miles on them. I have 28 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.letsrun.com

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 28 Empty Cruddy Cold/Allergies Day

Post  Michael Mitchell Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:43 pm

Yep. Took me out yesterday. Refilled on my medicine to get me through the season. I swear the older I get, the worse it is. Sigh. Saturday. Humm. Hot. Humid. Disgusting. 81 upstairs. Started slow and progressively got faster. Went through 5 in a pedestrian 40 and finished with a 54:30 for 7 miles. Soleus ached. Ran in the Gel Impression 3's. Figured, not shoes, but orthotics. It is about time for a tune up. It has been 6 months. Will go back to my minimal orthotics ( they have not hurt when I run) and will get the others done next week. Today, son's soccer game. This should be interesting. Tonight, Hunger Games with the family. We have read the book. Let me see what the hype is all about. I ended with 35 miles for 5 days running.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 28 Empty The Hunger Games

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Well, first I did not run yesterday. I did mow. Does that count? Still dealing with congestion, coughing ( up most of the night) and allergies. I do have medicine and slowly, but surely, I will beat it. Today through Saturday, I will run 4-56 minute runs. I do not want agitate the soleus and cannot get the orthotics adjusted until Friday. I can live with that pace until then. The Hunger Games. Humm. Very, very good. I have read the first book, The Hunger Games and am 30 pages from finishing Catching Fire. I still have Mockingjay to go. The next movie, Catching Fire comes out November 22, 2013 and filming starts in September 2012. There have been only two movies in my history of movie seeing that I have not been bored ( staring at other folks), constantly looked at my watch, went to the bathroom or just counted down the minutes until the end. The first was The Green Mile. The second, The Hunger Games. Hummm.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 28 Empty Re: Clawing My Way Back

Post  ounce Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:59 pm

So what was the deal with the star of the movie giving the 3 finger salute near the end of the movie that made the people in a district riot? I'm supposing it was the end of hope. I just didn't understand why doing the Boy Scout salute made them riot.

I enjoyed the movie and didn't read the book. It moved along at a real good pace.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 28 Empty It Is In The Book

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Yeah, it is in the book. The riot in District 11 did not happen in the book ( at least I do not remember). I think it is a symbol of solidarity. 5 stinking, humid, crap, hard miles. 38:15 after a 16 minute first 2 miles. Tomorrow, lunch run at the YMCA. The Soleus did not bother me that much at all, which totally leads to the orthotics.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:12 pm

You missed out on a great time man...next year I think you need to sign up for the relay instead of running on the treadmill. Then you will know what HOT really is around here.
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:21 pm

Joel H wrote:You missed out on a great time man...next year I think you need to sign up for the relay instead of running on the treadmill. Then you will know what HOT really is around here.

How did you do, Joel?

I almost join a Chinese team, but no regret cause my daughter's soccer team 1 win 1 tie over weekend. Very Happy
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:59 pm

Jerry wrote:
Joel H wrote:You missed out on a great time man...next year I think you need to sign up for the relay instead of running on the treadmill. Then you will know what HOT really is around here.

How did you do, Joel?

I almost join a Chinese team, but no regret cause my daughter's soccer team 1 win 1 tie over weekend. Very Happy

Don't have the official results but we finished in 30:59 hrs. We had a blast doing it despite the heat and lack of sleep.
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 28 Empty Running On Empty

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:52 pm

Not sure. I ran 33 miles last week. I swear, things go by so fast. Oh well. I missed Sunday due to Easter festivities. Humm. I ran 7 miles today. First mile, 7:45, the next two at a 7:30 pace, the next four miles at a 7:24 pace for a 52:19. I have new Asics Gel Expression 3's. Nice bounce. I have new running shorts ( yeah the others were three years old), new compression shorts ( again, three years old). Looking good so far. Tomorrow, YMCA run between 52:30 and 53:12 due to the humidity. I have 7 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:50 pm

You only have 1 pair of running shorts and they were 3 yrs old? Man those things would stink after that long of a period of time.
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  KathyK Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:39 pm

Glad to see you invested in some new running gear!
KathyK
KathyK
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:41 pm

Joel H wrote:You only have 1 pair of running shorts and they were 3 yrs old? Man those things would stink after that long of a period of time.

Ha ha. He he. Ho Ho. Funny, sir. LOL. Just funny. Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:42 pm

KathyK wrote:Glad to see you invested in some new running gear!

Yeah, the wife looked at and said...."umm no, no more". Why did this conversation come about? I was asking her to darn my compression shorts and my running shorts. She took one look at it and said, umm no, no more. You cannot darn those. Time for new ones. Wee hee.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 28 Empty Humid But Not Bad

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:44 pm

The YMCA run was not bad. I was soaked, but not bad. I held back and ran a 53:12 for 7 miles striding. I just did not want to push it as humid as it is there. Today, I really wanted to go back, but I gave into laziness and will take a vacation hour and run at home. I am thinking between 52:30 and 53:12 for 7 miles. I have 14 miles this week. Will check in the 5 o'clock hour.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 28 Empty House Rules

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:35 pm

Yep. I got lazy. I swear I had every intention of running at the YMCA. I chickened out. Got my 7 miles done at home. Goodness, it was hot, but I made it. I ran to Megadeth's Rust In Peace Live DVD. With no one home, I could blast it. 7 miles. 7:30 pace. 52:30. Done. Soaked, but done. I have 21 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 28 Empty Oh How The Quick Minutes Evolve

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:20 pm

Got a real quick run in this morning. I had a meeting at 9 am, so just got a 3 miler in at 24:30. It was hot in the morning. Lovely. 7 mile run at the YMCA at 4 pm today. I am sure it might be bit crowded, therefore hot. Lovely. Dean's meeting at 2 pm precludes early run today. I have 24 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:34 pm

A 3 mile run?!?!?!?! That doesn't sound like the Michael I know, where is Michael and what have you done with him?
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:40 pm

Ha ha. I had 30 minutes to run this morning. Thought I would bang out something.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 28 Empty Hey Now

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:57 pm

Not too bad. I am either catching something or my stomach is just not doing well. I ran 2 miles last night at 8 minutes per mile, just to get something in. Today, stomach is just not cooperating. Tired and just uggh. Went through 4 miles at 32 minutes and finished at 54:30, so I finished strong. I am tired and I want to go to bed. I have 33 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 28 Empty Humid. Humid. Humid

Post  Michael Mitchell Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:06 pm

Very very humid today. I swear the temperature was fine at 78. Just fine. The humidity ( even with the dehumidifier running) was just horrible. My first mile was at 8 minutes. I did not want to run today, but I just could not face the day without it. A love/hate thing you know. The last six miles were at 44:55 to give me a 52:55 for 7 miles. It was rough. That gives me 40 miles this week. I might try to sneak in 5 more miles today, but who knows. Son's soccer game is at 3 pm. It is really windy today and that does not bode well for the folks in Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska. Be careful up there.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 28 Empty Days In The Grey

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:49 am

Grey day today. Took Sunday off. Since I have to work 10 hours today, I went ahead and came in at 10 am. I was playing around this morning, two miles at 17:08 and I just kept getting comfortable as I got faster (22:51 for three miles). I ended up running a 39:59 for 5 miles. I will run 7 miles at a 7:35 pace this afternoon at the YMCA around 3 or 4 pm. Again, I was just playing around today. It has been raining on and off today. Cool and humid as well. I have 5 miles this week. Will talk to you later at 6 pm.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:43 pm

So are you going to race this fall? How about next Spring, want to do the TIR with us? I believe it is the first weekend in April next year. I believe our other van is creating their own team so we will need some more runners.
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:10 am

Not at this time. I will tell you next year. My run yesterday was ok. I mean it was ok. I ran a 52:30 at the YMCA and it was really not bad. I want to run at the YMCA today, but something is telling me it looks like home run. I have meetings and teaching almost all day, so.....I have 12 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 28 Empty Home Run

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Yes it was. I swear it was cool and dry outside, hot and sticky inside. Just the way I am used to. Sigh. Got small cramps in soleus about the 7 mile mark, but massage, fluids and compression sock should take it away. It has before. I ran a 52:30 for 7 miles and I really want to run at the YMCA tomorrow, but we shall see. Wife is at a conference until Saturday, so me and the youngun until then. I have 19 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:35 am

You will let me know next year? Um dude, I will have to know before then and since I am giving you so much notice you should be able to block March 23-24 out now....just found out those are the dates for the race. Wink
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next