365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Julie's PR attempt at Fox Cities

+26
mul21
fostever
Mark B
Dave-O
Michele "1L" Keane
GregC
Jim Lentz
Seth Harrison
jon c
Penelope
Matt W
Alex Kubacki
ChasMcG
Schuey
JohnP
Paula Sue
Kenny B.
Tom H
Ken Mello
Peg Coover
Nick Morris
Natalie
John Kilpatrick
Mike MacLellan
Mrs. Schuey
Julie
30 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Julie's PR attempt at Fox Cities - Page 2 Empty Re: Julie's PR attempt at Fox Cities

Post  Julie Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:12 am

10 miles GA ended up averaging 9:45 pace. I tried to hit the mile splits on my watch but with turning down side streets it all got messed up and I only have my end time. Anyway, 62 degrees, beautiful morning and 2 of my good friends to run with. Good way to start out the day. Plan to do a recovery run 4-6 miles tomorrow and then 12 on Sunday.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Julie's PR attempt at Fox Cities - Page 2 Empty Re: Julie's PR attempt at Fox Cities

Post  Schuey Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:59 am

Another solid run Julie keep it up. Oh and don't worry about those splits as long as you feel you are putting in the effort you will be fine. I have said it many times on here but I do almost all my runs by feel. I really do think it is the best way to do it. I feel it really helps with one getting in tune with them self. And once that happens you even get a better understanding of what you are capable of doing.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:47 am

It's great to see you are able to get out and run with a toddler! I have it pretty easy, being an empty nester!

I finally saw the scale dip down this week too! And I've been stuck since winter as well!!! Here's to both of us reaching our weight and our marathon goals!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:55 am

13? I barely crawled through 2! That's awesome. I think it's great you get your runs in especially having a 2 year old at home. I know it's hard but you do what it takes. That there will get you that PR!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:59 am

Julie wrote:10 miles GA ended up averaging 9:45 pace. I tried to hit the mile splits on my watch but with turning down side streets it all got messed up and I only have my end time. Anyway, 62 degrees, beautiful morning and 2 of my good friends to run with. Good way to start out the day. Plan to do a recovery run 4-6 miles tomorrow and then 12 on Sunday.

Nice 10 mile GA run.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:46 pm

12 marathons and 10 states is really awesome. Keep going strong.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:47 am

Schuey wrote:Another solid run Julie keep it up. Oh and don't worry about those splits as long as you feel you are putting in the effort you will be fine. I have said it many times on here but I do almost all my runs by feel. I really do think it is the best way to do it. I feel it really helps with one getting in tune with them self. And once that happens you even get a better understanding of what you are capable of doing.

thank you! I think in the future I'll just start my split at the beginning of the run. We run pretty steadily anyway. My one friend ran track in high school and college so I was asking her about strides and LT runs and she said we can run them together!

Peg - yeah I'm in a busy time of life with my little girl but it's great, too. Running is really the main thing I do that doesn't revolve around her. My husband is supportive of the running, though, so that make a huge difference. I don't know how many miles he has driven taking me to marathons.

Chas - thanks! I think it helps that I run with a bunch of marathoners, many of whom are 50 staters so really I'm not doing anything that don't do to a greater extent.

Kenny - thanks

Alex - thank you, best wishes on your BQ quest!

I got almost no sleep last night, partly because my mom and I were out late and I didn't really wind down, just went to bed when we got in (she came down for an event that started last night and then finishes this morning). Then there were pretty strong thunderstorms that are just fading away now at 6:45. So I didn't get to run. I run in almost any weather except thunder/lightning. I've heard too many stories of people being struck by lightning and I just don't want to mess with anything. Tomorrow is 12 miles and then I'll run Monday, too, instead of XT/Rest. That makes 2 rest days this week but I guess it's OK.

My weight is slowly edging down, I was 149.9 a few days ago, 149.2 this morning. Not a huge change, but if I keep it up I should be 147 or 148 next week. I'm definitely being more mindful of what I'm eating and going to bed slightly hungry. Today I get homemade cake and ice cream but I'm not concerned...I don't think one celebration makes a person gain wt, and I can just eat a lighter supper then.

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:36 pm

Julie, amazing job on your running! I can't believe you have run so many marathons! You go girl!!

Here's to a great long run and hoping you run Bayshore next year! It would be great to run alongside of you!!!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:51 am

Thanks Lisa! I have heard so many good things about Bayshore I would love to run it but I really want another baby, too! I guess we'll see what happens.

My 12 miler turned into 13.5 thanks to doing some math wrong in my head. It's all good. Very humid and misting at times this morning, definitely slowed down at the end but I got it done.

My birthday was fun, in a way. I was so sleep deprived from the thunderstorm all I really wanted to do was sleep. I did get to bed early last night, though and feel a ton better today.

My sister made me coconut-berry-chocolate chip ice cream that was delicious and my mom made angel food cake. I was up to 150 this a.m. but I will be careful today.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:52 am

Happy Birthday Julie, late! The ice cream sounds awesome!!

Yep, that thunderstorm must've been the same one we had--loud! It cleared out just in time for that race.
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:47 pm

Nice 13.5 mike run. You really are doing some great running.

Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:20 pm

Peg - yeah it was bad. I got no sleep Friday night. Even my toddler woke up and said "the truck is too loud and scary!" I said, that's thunder. She said "oh the thunder is too loud and scary!" but she fell back to sleep. I kept debating all night if I was going to make it for a run and should have just planned to skip it and maybe sleep an hour. Regardless, today was a much better day to run although quite humid.

Thanks Kenny, the heat runs will pay off this fall when it cools down and everything feels easier.

Tomorrow is 6 miles GA with a few friends I haven't seen for a month. I know, I am a social runner...but I'm following my program! Tuesday I have my LT run 5 miles at 15K to half pace, 10 miles total. I hope the storms stay away for that one.

Speaking of storms...I was kind of disappointed I had to skip running Saturday due to thunderstorms when it was just really nice 2 days earlier but I took a rest day because that's what my schedule called for. But I am questioning if I should just run and then tell myself my rest days will be the thunderstorm days so I don't end up with too many rest days? It's thunderstorm and tornado season and I will be missing some runs due to weather over the summer. I know rest days are important, though, and I don't want to mess with an injury. Right now I'm not feeling any injury anywhere and just replaced my shoes last week.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:25 pm

Good work on a good training week. Do you have a gym that you could run on a dreadmill in case of storms? With your running experience and running base, I wouldn't think missing a day here or there would make or break anything in either case...

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:26 am

John Kilpatrick wrote:Good work on a good training week. Do you have a gym that you could run on a dreadmill in case of storms? With your running experience and running base, I wouldn't think missing a day here or there would make or break anything in either case...

Yeah, I don't have a gym membership. I have that 30 day shred dvd I can do for cross training I'm just wondering if I should run one of my rest days every week so I can have some wiggle room at the end of the week if another day ends up being canceled for the t-storms.

Another severe thunderstorm last night but it was gone by 3:30 a.m. so I ran 6 miles this morning around 9:45 pace. Good run with 2 friends I don't see very often. My weight was back down to 149 this morning and I have plans to lose at least 1 lb this week.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:04 am

I think I would use one of the rest days to run on if you have the time. Then you're covered if a T-Storm shows up. And if it doesn't you've gotten an extra run or if you're tired you can take a day at the end of the week.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:14 pm

Alex Kubacki wrote:I think I would use one of the rest days to run on if you have the time. Then you're covered if a T-Storm shows up. And if it doesn't you've gotten an extra run or if you're tired you can take a day at the end of the week.

Sounds like good advice to me. Tonight is supposed to be clear, low of 58, beautiful morning for my 11 miler.

I have to see my doctor on Thursday and fast for the appt so that will have to be my rest day unless I get Jocelyn out for a jogging stroller run later but those are never more than 5 or 6 miles. She's great in the stroller and really loves running but when she's done, she's done and I don't really want to try her patience any more than I have to.

I felt like I had another good eating day, not starving but not over eating by any means. I hope to see 148 if not tomorrow then certainly by Wednesday.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:18 pm

Any other summer, I wouldn't say this, but it seems like there's a thunderstorm every day this summer! So, why not run when it's nice?
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:12 pm

Looks like things are coming together nicely. Good eating days are really pleasant and good for a feeling of accomplishment. I'll echo the suggestion that you can consider running on a rest day if you don't really need it as a rest day.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:02 am

Natalie and Mike - yeah the weather has been crazy. We have flooding in the area and it used to be when we had a storm we could say at least we needed the rain but we do not need any more rain!

Yesterday afternoon my toddler started having congestion and by evening spiked a fever of 102.9. We gave her tylenol and during the night as well when it wore off but neither she nor I slept well last night. My husband sleeps through anything but good for him...she is still warm today just hanging out with mommy in her undies. I think she'll be OK, I know kids get colds but she hasn't had any illness since before Christmas. I just forgot what it's like to have a sick child. She nursed about all night and as soon as I got inside from my run this morning she was back in the chair getting nummies.

Today was 10 miles LT with 5 miles at 15K - half marathon pace. My goal was 8:42 pace for those miles. Once again I got stuck on an odd path with 2 of my faster friends and we also picked a hilly route. 56 degrees, beautiful morning. After I split off from them I timed my last 2.5 miles. Mile 7.5 8:41
half mile 8.5 4:21
last mile 8:21

granted the earlier mile was even hillier than the last but they were both hilly. I pushed it the last mile, my legs felt a little wobbly and I just wanted to walk but I told myself to push it and just run. I ended up running just under 10.5 miles, felt like I pushed it and had a good workout. I felt much more satisfied than if I had just run 10 miles at a comfortable pace without having the LT goal. So in other words, this following a training plan is pretty satisfying because I know I am pushing myself and I hope all this translates into a good fall marathon.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:44 am

Julie - It looks like you are putting in some good work. Way to grind through the final miles. It's training runs like that, that will give you confidence on race day. Keep up the good work!!

p.s. Hope that your young one gets feeling better
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:47 am

Great run today in great weather. I am jealous.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:26 pm

That was a pretty good run. It's a good feeling to know you pushed yourself and earned that tired feeling. I hope it pays off for you in the fall.

I know what you mean about the flooding. I flew out of Omaha last week and it was amazing/sad to see the Missouri out of its banks and the damage it caused.

I hope your child feels better soon.
Matt W
Matt W
Poster
Poster

http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom H Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:58 pm

Julie, looks like the running is going great. Hope the little on is back to normal soon.
Tom H
Tom H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:39 am

Nice job pushing through those last miles. This should just continue to build confidence for the fall.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:02 am

Kenny B. wrote:Great run today in great weather. I am jealous.

Yeah sorry about the heat/humidity for yours! It's supposed to be 102 tomorrow so we get our turn, too.

Matt W wrote:

That was a pretty good run. It's a good feeling to know you pushed yourself and earned that tired feeling. I hope it pays off for you in the fall.

I know what you mean about the flooding. I flew out of Omaha last week and it was amazing/sad to see the Missouri out of its banks and the damage it caused.

I hope your child feels better soon.

Thanks Matt, yeah it's just so wet here, I just read that Holmes Lake is much higher than usual too but still open.

Tom H wrote:Julie, looks like the running is going great. Hope the little on is back to normal soon.

Thanks Tom!

Alex Kubacki wrote:Nice job pushing through those last miles. This should just continue to build confidence for the fall.

Alex - yeah, fall will be here before we know it!!

Thanks for all the wishes for my daughter, she is doing much better, more spunk today and the fever was much lower last night and gone this morning. Still congested but that doesn't worry me too terribly much.

I lost a little more wt which I'm happy about. It seems like I was stuck for 5 months and now I'm finally back in the mode of just intentionally eating less and seeing some results.

This morning was 8 miles GA 9:50 overall pace. Quite a bit warmer and more humid this a.m. but nothing too terrible. Tomorrow is supposed to be near record high of 102. It also coincides with my rest day for my dr appt. Friday I plan to run 10 or 11 miles.

We hope to paint our bathroom for the 4th of July weekend since my husband and I both have Monday off. Exciting, I know...since I work almost every Saturday we just don't get many days off together and painting is one task that just doesn't work well with a little toddler who wants to help with everything. It will be our last room to paint since we bought our house 2 years ago. It's still off-white that they painted the whole house to sell it. Anyway, small room, lots of taping. Other than that, not much planned.

Thanks all for the encouragement! I'll be excited to tell you all how the marathon goes in Sept!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next