365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the year...continued...

+23
fostever
jon c
Mark B
Seth Harrison
Jerry
Peg Coover
Chris M
Michele "1L" Keane
Jim Lentz
John Kilpatrick
Alex Kubacki
ChasMcG
JohnP
Paula Sue
Julie
mul21
Tom H
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Kenny B.
Mike MacLellan
Natalie
Nick Morris
27 posters

Page 10 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next

Go down

This is the year...continued... - Page 10 Empty Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:52 am

Julie wrote:nice run! Glad the weather is getting better. In a few months it will be fall and perfect weather for running most days.

For running's sake I am happy, but at the same time I am sad that winter will be right aound the corner Sad
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

This is the year...continued... - Page 10 Empty Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Julie Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:31 am

That is the one thing I dislike about fall. Everything is so pretty with the leaves changing colors and the weather is so great even non-runners are out running yet you know winter is around the corner. I'm not even going to think about that right now, though, not when we're in a heat advisory here yet again.

Oh and please tell me you anticipate at least pretty decent weather for Fox Cities?
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:28 pm

Julie wrote:That is the one thing I dislike about fall. Everything is so pretty with the leaves changing colors and the weather is so great even non-runners are out running yet you know winter is around the corner. I'm not even going to think about that right now, though, not when we're in a heat advisory here yet again.

Oh and please tell me you anticipate at least pretty decent weather for Fox Cities?

Normally the weather has been decent on race day...I hoping for the same this year.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:02 pm

7/27 -

Another 5 miler...

Very similar to yesterday's 5 miler, but this one was in the afternoon and a different 5 mile route (so I guess it is not that similar Smile ) I completed 5.21 miles at a 7:42 pace.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:36 pm

Good run - is the weather cooling down there at all? I had to laugh when I read you were dreading winter already up there! Not much of a problem in my neck of the woods!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:39 am

John Kilpatrick wrote:Good run - is the weather cooling down there at all? I had to laugh when I read you were dreading winter already up there! Not much of a problem in my neck of the woods!

It's inevitable John. I know that it is coming and there is nothing I can do to stop it. It may be 90 today, but it could be 40 in a couple of months.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:57 am

40 feels good, though. It's the -25 and ice that I dread. Very Happy
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:15 pm

Yeah, 40 would feel pretty good right about now.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:31 pm

Jim Lentz wrote:Yeah, 40 would feel pretty good right about now.

40 only feels good on October 9th and October 9th only!! Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:58 pm

Nick Morris wrote:

Don't expect 40 have preference only!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:02 pm

Nick Morris wrote:

Well 40 would feel good right now with all this warm weather but I'm not sure I want it to be 40 on Oct 9th. I would say I would like to see 46 at the start and have a nice little warm-up to about 55.

Just for your information my first marathon which was Chicago and was Oct. 9th 2005 that is how the day played out perfect weather for a marathon. So lets hope 7 years later we get the same.

Also not this weekend but next weekend I'm thinking about making the trip up to the Ice Age trail, still have to clear it with Lisa. So keep that in mind and hopefully if we do come up that weekend we can get together for a run. I will keep you informed.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:05 pm

Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

Well 40 would feel good right now with all this warm weather but I'm not sure I want it to be 40 on Oct 9th. I would say I would like to see 46 at the start and have a nice little warm-up to about 55.

Just for your information my first marathon which was Chicago and was Oct. 9th 2005 that is how the day played out perfect weather for a marathon. So lets hope 7 years later we get the same.

Also not this weekend but next weekend I'm thinking about making the trip up to the Ice Age trail, still have to clear it with Lisa. So keep that in mind and hopefully if we do come up that weekend we can get together for a run. I will keep you informed.

Cleared! Sounds like fun! Approval
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:38 pm

Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

NOOOO, not next weekend as in the 5th, 6th, and 7th!!! I have a wedding up in Brainerd, MN that weekend...Make it the next weekend the 12th - 14th Smile That weekend is much better...Plus I heard that the weather is supposed to be nicer that weekend Wink
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:40 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

NOOOO, not next weekend as in the 5th, 6th, and 7th!!! I have a wedding up in Brainerd, MN that weekend...Make it the next weekend the 12th - 14th Smile That weekend is much better...Plus I heard that the weather is supposed to be nicer that weekend Wink

Alright I will have to go back to the drawing board and see what we have planned for that weekend.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:41 pm

Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

Alright I will have to go back to the drawing board and see what we have planned for that weekend.

Good call This is the year...continued... - Page 10 424776184
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:46 pm

I figured you would like that. Either way we will get up there to see you and hey watch out for the woodchopper! bounce
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:48 pm

7/28 -

10 miler on what I thought was tired legs, but when I got going they just wanted to go. I completed 10.34 miles at a 7:35 pace. I actually found myself having to slow myself down as I was running a coulpe of miles at a sub 7:30 pace. The temps were not bad this evening, sitting at 80-81 degrees. The big issue was the humidity, as it was sitting at about 95%. So it was cooler, but I was still completely drenched from head to toe!! This is the year...continued... - Page 10 Showering-emoticon

Tomorrow is a scheduled off day, before starting as easy step back weekend.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:49 pm

Schuey wrote:and hey watch out for the woodchopper! bounce

So I have been told...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:53 pm

Nick Morris wrote:7/28 -

10 miler on what I thought was tired legs, but when I got going they just wanted to go. I completed 10.34 miles at a 7:35 pace. I actually found myself having to slow myself down as I was running a coulpe of miles at a sub 7:30 pace. The temps were not bad this evening, sitting at 80-81 degrees. The big issue was the humidity, as it was sitting at about 95%. So it was cooler, but I was still completely drenched from head to toe!! This is the year...continued... - Page 10 Showering-emoticon

Nice run tonight Nick. It looks like you handle the humidity better then I do. That is were I have my problems is with the humidity and dew point. I don't mind the heat if it is dry or with low humidity and dew point.

When I look at your training you are putting in this summer it just reminds me when I hit one of my breakthroughs. I really think you are setting yourself up for a great fall.

oh by the way I was soaked head to toe also again today!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:00 pm

Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:7/28 -

Nice run tonight Nick. It looks like you handle the humidity better then I do. That is were I have my problems is with the humidity and dew point. I don't mind the heat if it is dry or with low humidity and dew point.

When I look at your training you are putting in this summer it just reminds me when I hit one of my breakthroughs. I really think you are setting yourself up for a great fall.

oh by the way I was soaked head to toe also again today!

Dude, I really hope so. I probably could be putting in more mileage than I currently am, but this is my first real bump in mileage. Plus, my intensity is a lot greater than I have ever done. I think taking baby steps in my training is a much safer way to approach it. I already have some tweaks that I want to try for next year's cycle.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:05 pm

Nick Morris wrote: Dude, I really hope so. I probably could be putting in more mileage than I currently am, but this is my first real bump in mileage. Plus, my intensity is a lot greater than I have ever done. I think taking baby steps in my training is a much safer way to approach it. I already have some tweaks that I want to try for next year's cycle.

Sure you could put more mileage in but you are doing it the right way. You decided to up your intensity of your runs instead. So wise move not to bump your mileage and intensity at the same time. When one does that it normally ends in a bad way. I remember when I would do more intensity over mileage. When I decided to up my mileage I backed off on the intensity until I was use to the new mileage.

It's good to have some tweaks for the next cycle. I would say that if your body can handle the mileage and intensity your doing now there is no reason you can up the mileage in the next cycle.

You are being smart Nick and again you are doing a great job. I wish I was only as smart as you are now at the start of my running career maybe I would have saved myself from a couple of those stress fractures.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:09 pm

Schuey wrote:
You are being smart Nick and again you are doing a great job. I wish I was only as smart as you are now at the start of my running career maybe I would have saved myself from a couple of those stress fractures.

Thanks!! Like I have said in the past, it means a lot coming from a runner of your caliber...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:10 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Schuey wrote:

Thanks!! Like I have said in the past, it means a lot coming from a runner of your caliber...

Dude no problem, your one hell of a runner yourself. And we all stand to learn from one another if we just care to do so.

"Once an while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:39 pm

Weekend of August 12th....we'll be running with Mr. Morris!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:21 am

Nice 10 miler. Looks like the run-coming-together thing has hit at least 2 KOA members Wink
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next