365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shoes for small feet

3 posters

Go down

Shoes for small feet Empty Shoes for small feet

Post  Traveller Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:01 pm

I enjoy reading about the various options in shoes these days, but I am most envious as you are talking about options you can actually wear.

My dress shoe size (for USAF leather shoes) is 5-1/2 EEE. The rare times I find a shoe my size, it will be too narrow. Lately, I've been going with the best I can find. I usually end up in a 7 and just deal with it. My current shoe actually fits, but it is last years New Balance Minimus Trail and the size claims to be 8-1/2 US and 40 EU.

My question: Is there anyone making a shoe smaller than a 7 US (I can frequently get into a 6-1/2) or nearer to 37 EU?
Traveller
Traveller

Back to top Go down

Shoes for small feet Empty Re: Shoes for small feet

Post  carleenp Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:06 pm

New Balance is known for providing odd sizes, especially wide shoes in odd sizes, but you might have to special order them. You also could see about large youth sizes.

I have a small woman's foot and have bought youth shoes before. They often are just as good as the adult version. But I don't know if you can get wide in youth versions.
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:26 pm

Have you tried Saucony? Their website has a lot of options available, both in fairly small men's sizes, kid's sizes and even women's sizes. Perhaps someone who specializes in those shoes could fit you?

Also, have you considered looking overseas on some of your travels? Not everybody in the world has super-long feet....

I don't know if you've looked but Zappos.com has a section for extra-wide feet, too.

I even found this size 6, EEEE from Nike, as an example: http://www.zappos.com/nike-air-pegasus-27-white-dark-obsidian-team-royal-neutral-grey
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Traveller Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:39 pm

Thanks for the ideas.

I'm trying to do better than the kids department at WalMart which is where my shoes came from before I got seriously into running.

We actually have a fairly good running store in Ann Arbor, MI. The current pair of Minimus Trail came from them. I have a new pair on special order. However, I think the wrong size is coming. I just looked at the specs for the shoe I currently have and it is actually a Women's style and the size appears to be 8.5 B.

@Mark: The best pair of boots I ever had was the pair custom made based on detailed measurements of my foot. I may have to travel to South Korea again. I got a pair of Reeboks there that also fit fairly well.
Traveller
Traveller

Back to top Go down

Post  carleenp Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:44 pm

The other thing you might do is look on ebay. I get dress shoes for my tiny feet on there all the time. Often the wholesalers get rid of the hard to sell small sizes on there and they go for cheap. I don't know if it is the same with athletic shoes, since I tend to just order mine from the local store, but I often get designer dress shoes that run over $200/pair on there for prices like $20. I suppose I should start checking them for running shoes too!
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down