365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last long training run next week

3 posters

Go down

Last long training run next week Empty Last long training run next week

Post  charles.moman Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:01 am

Yesterday, Susie and I drove the 26.2 mile route I plan on running next week from Seymour to Columbus. A link to the route is at the end of this message - not very detailed or exciting. This will be my last long training run for my 11/5 marathon. It will start at Trinity Lutheran (a high school across the field from us) and go through country roads up to our church, Community Church of Columbus on Marr Road. Weather permitting, I will do it on 10/5, my 60th birthday! Susie will be my mobile crew along the way. I will have on a bright safety vest and I will be safe. Galloway style - 3 minutes running/30 seconds fast walking.

I will take my sweet time on this run. I am working to very slowly up my pace in training.
Not up to my supposed marathon pace, but bumped up a little.
With all of the hot weather, until recently, my pace was really slow and I got used to that.
We will see, but I would like to be in the 10 minute or a bit less minutes per mile at the marathon.

For my marathon, my goals are:

A goal - 4:30 - not likely
B goal - 4:45 - I think so
C goal - 5:00 - Likely, unless I am stupid at the start.

I know people say to have no time goal in mind for your first marathon.
To me though, I should have some goal or I will not have something to strive for.
I am actually very satisfied to even be doing this at age 60, when it would not have even occurred to me a year ago.

I did a 2:16 HM in Indy in May, so it will be interesting to see what I can do after putting in a lot of miles (for me) since that event. Good times! Very Happy
26.2 Route map

Last edited by charles.moman on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
charles.moman
charles.moman
Regular
Regular

http://www.charlesmoman.com

Back to top Go down

Last long training run next week Empty Re: Last long training run next week

Post  Julie Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:57 pm

You are ready!!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:23 am

Should be an effective dry run to test all you've learned to do before and during a long run. Enjoy the post-run food, too.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down