365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make No Little Plans

+36
healdgator
Nick Morris
Sara Jane
Bob
wendy_miller
Gobbles
Alex Kubacki
Paula Sue
KBFitz
T Miller
Mrs. Schuey
JohnP
Julie
Dave P
GregC
Joel H
Mike MacLellan
Diego
mul21
Michael Enright
Jim Lentz
John Kilpatrick
Michele "1L" Keane
KathyK
Matt W
tom
Natalie
Mark B
Kenny B.
Dave-O
Ken Mello
Peg Coover
Seth Harrison
Schuey
Jerry
Chris M
40 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Make No Little Plans - Page 17 Empty Re: Make No Little Plans

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:10 pm

Chris M wrote:12 in the rain and chill (48 degrees) today. Went real slow and easy on the way out and then 6 at 6:45 on the way back in. I feel the taper effects big time. Easy turnover and strong feeling in my legs. It does now look like Jennifer and Cassidy are NOT coming to Chicago with me. Dog sitting issues. Our family that would watch them is not around and/or the logistics are a problem. Of course we already bought plane tickets so that's a pain. I'm bummed they won't be there.

Are you flying AA? It'll be $300.00 for a ticket change fee....way more than a boarding fee for a couple of days....what about boarding?
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:14 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Chris M wrote:12 in the rain and chill (48 degrees) today. Went real slow and easy on the way out and then 6 at 6:45 on the way back in. I feel the taper effects big time. Easy turnover and strong feeling in my legs. It does now look like Jennifer and Cassidy are NOT coming to Chicago with me. Dog sitting issues. Our family that would watch them is not around and/or the logistics are a problem. Of course we already bought plane tickets so that's a pain. I'm bummed they won't be there.

Are you flying AA? It'll be $300.00 for a ticket change fee....way more than a boarding fee for a couple of days....what about boarding?

We are on United. Its not the airfare. Its Mulligan. She's our 15 year old Black Lab and although she's boarded a bunch of times in her life, for the past few years it has been family dogsitters only. At her super advanced age, we're just not comfortable putting in her in. Juliet, the 2 year old Golden? Some days, we want to board her even when we are all home! They are bummed they will not be hanging with the Schuey family but they will see you when you come East for JFK. Its OK - they will definitely be in for Boston in April but this marathon road trip they are going to miss.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:29 pm

Chris M wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:

We are on United. Its not the airfare. Its Mulligan. She's our 15 year old Black Lab and although she's boarded a bunch of times in her life, for the past few years it has been family dogsitters only. At her super advanced age, we're just not comfortable putting in her in. Juliet, the 2 year old Golden? Some days, we want to board her even when we are all home! They are bummed they will not be hanging with the Schuey family but they will see you when you come East for JFK. Its OK - they will definitely be in for Boston in April but this marathon road trip they are going to miss.

Chris, I completely understand what you're saying about Mulligan. She is so special and I think it's cool that it's been family dogsitters only. I would be the same way.

We can't wait to see Jen and Cassidy in November at JFK. Please give them big hugs for us and tell them my mother in law will miss them this year!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:40 am

Well that sucks. We always have big-time animal issues when we travel and pay a housesitter who ain't cheap but does a great job. Too bad you don't have somebody who can step in - the support is always nice, and it stinks to eat the travel expense.

But the taper sounds good!
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:20 pm

Just checking in to see if you have recovered yet from the fatal demise of the BoSox and the Braves. And then you mention the Browns - the Keane family is in great mourning.............

Taper runs look good though - keep it up.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:05 am

Hey CMsub3, Good luck this weekend. Make sure you stretch out those legs while you're flying into Chicago.
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  wendy_miller Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:11 am

Now that I've finished my dissertation I'm finally catching up on blogs Smile Too bad you guys can't make the dinner but I sure hope we get to meet you after the race...you are one of the v-teamers (er..i-teamers?) on my list to meet!

With Schuey pacing you, you surely can't go wrong. He is a beast. Have a great race, Chris!
wendy_miller
wendy_miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:32 am

How long are you staying in the area Chris? Where are you staying? Do you have pkans for Saturday?
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Congrats on killing another training cycle. Now its time to kill the race.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:04 pm

wendy_miller wrote:Now that I've finished my dissertation I'm finally catching up on blogs Smile Too bad you guys can't make the dinner but I sure hope we get to meet you after the race...you are one of the v-teamers (er..i-teamers?) on my list to meet!

With Schuey pacing you, you surely can't go wrong. He is a beast. Have a great race, Chris!

Thanks, Wendy. I'll look for you and Tim pre-race as I don't get in until most people will already have gone off to rest up on Saturday. But GOOD LUCK if I don't see/meet you beforehand!!

Jim, I land at O'Hare at 1:47pm Saturday and will head straight to the Expo. Then off to my hotel (The Monoco) and a 4 mile shakeout run - hopefully with Schuey but solo if need be. Some dinner and an early bedtime Saturday night. But I'm around and pretty free from when I land on Saturday on.

I'm around until Monday PM so hoping to meet up with folks post-race Sunday. I'll look around at other threads but did we pick a meeting point in that park beyond the finish area?
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:45 pm

Chris M wrote:
I'm around until Monday PM so hoping to meet up with folks post-race Sunday. I'll look around at other threads but did we pick a meeting point in that park beyond the finish area?
Last year some of us met for dinner Sunday evening, I'd be willing to go back downtown for that. For after the race, I think we are meeting at the "R" in the reunion area.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:34 pm

JohnP wrote:
Chris M wrote:
Last year some of us met for dinner Sunday evening, I'd be willing to go back downtown for that. For after the race, I think we are meeting at the "R" in the reunion area.

Thanks, John! I'll see you there if not before.

Weird to have so little running to do. It keeps feeling like I'm SUPPOSED to run but then I keep remembering that it was only a short one and I did early this morning. It is a very nice change! I like not running - ha ha! Nah, its just a nice change of pace from the long training cycle. Taper is working well and I feel good.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:36 pm

Here's to a great race Sunday, Chris!
Bob
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:10 am

I am working the Nike Pace Team booth until 12:15, but probably won't be there beyond that. Do you want to join Peggy and I for an early dinner? I could pick you up at the blue line stop at Irving Park road. Hopefully there will be a group dinner Sunday.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:01 pm

Hey dude I had already planned on running with you Saturday, so no worries about running by yourself.

Also do you want me to try and pick-up your stuff at the EXPO on Friday? I know you tossed your info but if you can get me a copy of your D.L . I'm might be able to get it. I can also look for my buddy that works for the marathon and help me get it if need be.

Let me know buddy
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:48 pm

Schuey wrote:Hey dude I had already planned on running with you Saturday, so no worries about running by yourself.

Also do you want me to try and pick-up your stuff at the EXPO on Friday? I know you tossed your info but if you can get me a copy of your D.L . I'm might be able to get it. I can also look for my buddy that works for the marathon and help me get it if need be.

Let me know buddy

Awesome - I would like to avoid going to the expo entirely if I could. I'll email you a scan of my DL. If that fails Friday, I'll just end up having to go there on Saturday when I land. But more ideal would be me heading to the hotel, dropping my stuff off and then doing an easy 4 miles with you. Remember to show me the way from my hotel to your place on Saturday so I can repeat it Sunday AM. See you soon buddy!

Tomorrow is my "dress rehersal" run where I wear exactly what I will for the race and try and mimic as much of the prep etc. as possible. It is 8 miles with 4 at goal MP and I just run it as a last "lock in on this pace" kind of check-down.

I've got nothing good to say about the weather but there's nothing I can do about what the temps will end up being. The plan stays locked in and we'll see where the chips fall. Physically and mentally, I feel as ready as I've ever been. Having Schuey by my side is a going to be a HUGE pickup/advantage. We'll have some fun out there.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:16 pm

Hey Chris, I bet Schuey would carry an umbrella to shield you from the sun if you bought him a case or a couple of nice wines.Make No Little Plans - Page 17 4044942068

Make sure you hydrate well at the start--8-12 ounces 10 minutes before the gun and drink two cups at some of the stops.

Hey thumbs up or down to TerraNova? I can't wait for the American Horror Story to air Wednesday night.
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:21 pm

Diego wrote:Hey Chris, I bet Schuey would carry an umbrella to shield you from the sun if you bought him a case or a couple of nice wines.Make No Little Plans - Page 17 4044942068

Make sure you hydrate well at the start--8-12 ounces 10 minutes before the gun and drink two cups at some of the stops.

Hey thumbs up or down to TerraNova? I can't wait for the American Horror Story to air Wednesday night.

Diego at this point I will do whatever I can in my power to get Chris to this huge PR! Hell if I have to I will tell him to jump on my back and get him there!

And there is no need to supply me with anything for doing it.

Like you said above Chris no matter what the outcome on Sunday we sure will have one hell of time out there buddy! Really looking forward to it.

Oh and you can drink the water at our house, I'm sure it isn't laced with anything Wink
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:41 pm

Stay calm about the weather. Starting temps are still predicted under 60, compared to 68 last year. That 10 degrees is a huge difference. Plus, the humidity is low; the air has felt cool here.

Also worth noting that we've fallen a few degrees short of the predicted high the last few days. If the forecast as of now sticks, you'll PR.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:45 pm

Diego wrote:

Hey Chris, I bet Schuey would carry an umbrella to shield you from the sun

plus a cold diet coke...... Basketball
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Jane Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:21 pm

Best of luck this weekend, Chris! I'm really excited for you. Kill it!
Sara Jane
Sara Jane
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  T Miller Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:01 am

Good luck on Sunday Chris. You're ready to break that 3 hour barrier. I'll look for you guys in the start corral.
T Miller
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:49 am

Good luck on Sunday Chris! I am pulling for you to break that 3 barrier. Race smart but race hard and go kick some a$$!!!
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:13 am

Good luck this weekend in your quest for a sub 3:00 marathon!! I know that you will have a good pacer guiding you along the course. This is the year!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:15 am

Good luck this weekend, Chris! Just remember: Don't pass Schuey in the first 20 miles... and then don't let him pass you in the last 6.2.

Sub 3 is yours for the taking.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next