365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brooks PureProject Shoes

5 posters

Go down

Brooks PureProject Shoes Empty Brooks PureProject Shoes

Post  Schuey Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:04 pm

Just thought I would post the below link about the new Brook line of shoes. I do believe I will be checking some of these shoes out. Right now the shoes are only available for pre-order.

http://www.brooksrunning.com/PureProject-Collection/pureShoes,default,pg.html?utm_source=bm23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Pre-order+your+PureProject+shoes+today&utm_content=shakedown20%40hotmail.com&utm_campaign=2011-08-16+PureProject+Preorders
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Brooks PureProject Shoes Empty Re: Brooks PureProject Shoes

Post  Kenny B. Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:30 pm

Wonder what the heel toe drop is. My sports podiatrist one makes my custome orthodics says he does not reccomend a very low heel toe drop because of how my foot is. He is fine with a racer or light weight shoe if minimal type shoe but I need to keep a decent measurement from heel to toe.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  charles Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:30 pm

I thought we were a Nike sponsored forum . . . Laughing
charles
charles
Poster
Poster

http://www.memphis-defense.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:44 am

charles wrote:I thought we were a Nike sponsored forum . . . Laughing

I didn't know that, I do like there shoes but my feet are little wide and there shoes are a little tight for me in the toe box. I can get away with wearing my Lunarracers up to 10 miles.

I have to admit my favorite racing shoe is the T7's well any of the T series shoe. Brooks sure does make some dam good shoes!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:13 pm

The PureConnect and PureFlow both have a 4mm drop.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Z Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:25 pm

Tim M wrote:The PureConnect and PureFlow both have a 4mm drop.

Tim, any idea about the PureGrit?

On a related note - I'm not sure I have ever been more excited about a shoe announcement before! And that's saying a lot!
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Z Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:30 pm

Here is a bit more detail on the weight and heel drop of each shoe:

http://www.runblogger.com/2011/04/brooks-pureproject-details-and-shoe.html

Can't it be Oct. 1 already???
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:40 pm

Ben Z wrote:
Tim M wrote:The PureConnect and PureFlow both have a 4mm drop.

Tim, any idea about the PureGrit?

On a related note - I'm not sure I have ever been more excited about a shoe announcement before! And that's saying a lot!

It seems to me that it is going to be a lot like the Montrail Rogue Racer accept for the lower heel drop which is more like the Saucony Peregrine and the weight of the shoe is the same as the Peregrine. The Rogue Racer is lighter, I have run 20 plus long runs on some technical trails the last 2 weekends.

I have to say that I can get away with wearing the Rogue Racer but my feet felt a little more beat up the in the Peregrine.

I did see a picture of Scott J wearing the pure grit on some technical trails so if the bottom of them have some lugs and some protection from rocks and tree roots I think it can be a go for me on technical trails.

I do know I will be ordering a pair and will now have to decide if I will be wearing my T7's or the Pure Grit on the second half of the JFK 50 miler or even be wearing the Pure Grit the whole time.

I have to admit that I'm very pleased with the Peregrine's they performed very well on my last two long runs.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Z Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:16 pm

Schuey wrote:

I didn't know that, I do like there shoes but my feet are little wide and there shoes are a little tight for me in the toe box. I can get away with wearing my Lunarracers up to 10 miles.

I have to admit my favorite racing shoe is the T7's well any of the T series shoe. Brooks sure does make some dam good shoes!

Good news for you Schuey, the Pure Concept shoes look like they are going to be wider and allow your feet to spray out. Yahtzee!
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:26 pm

Ben Z wrote:
Schuey wrote:

Good news for you Schuey, the Pure Concept shoes look like they are going to be wider and allow your feet to spray out. Yahtzee!

Yeah how about it. Have to admit that I have been lucky were the T shoes have been an issue in the toe box. I am excited about this new line of shoes from Brooks!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down