365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight loss tips

+12
Tom H
ChasMcG
ounce
Penelope
Kenny B.
Liz R
Julie
Jerry
Nick Morris
Admin
Mike MacLellan
Peg Coover
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Weight loss tips - Page 2 Empty Re: Weight loss tips

Post  Dave Bussard Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:13 pm

Get rid of potato chips and creamy salad dressings.
Dave Bussard
Dave Bussard
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:56 pm

Julie wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:
Mr MattM wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:I take a fatburner too. Oxyelite has really worked well for me this last year.

I used to take ephedra and felt like that stuff really helped me drop weight. Of course, everything good has to eventually be regulated and/or banned. Evil or Very Mad

I did take that a few times before the banning. But I can kinda understand why they banned it. That was pretty close to speed to me especially when you're trying to recover. It was like Meth without the foil and rotten teeth Very Happy

Ok maybe I'm the only one on these boards in this particular stage of life but I can't take anything really because I'm breastfeeding and I'm likely going to be pregnant before I wean my toddler so there goes any supplements other than prenatal vitamins. Not that I'm complaining because I've taken caffeine pills and a few other mostly-caffeine over the counter/very legal/but made me feel awful pills and they were probably not that smartest thing I've done.

No on caffeine pills! There is a little caffeine in the fat burners but not like the ones you get at Walmart. Those make me feel jittery and honestly I feel more hungry than before. I just drink coffee in the morning for my fix. I'm with you on how it makes you feel.
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  KathyK Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:42 am

Peg..thanks so much for starting this thread..it is most timely as I GAINED 8 pounds while on vacation! Yikes!
So..now I have to get that off along with the additional 5 pounds I want to get rid of.

I totally agree with the lifestyle changes. That's sustainable. Creating healthy habits.
KathyK
KathyK
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:53 am

ChasMcG wrote:

No on caffeine pills! There is a little caffeine in the fat burners but not like the ones you get at Walmart. Those make me feel jittery and honestly I feel more hungry than before. I just drink coffee in the morning for my fix. I'm with you on how it makes you feel.

Yeah I quit them about 5 yrs ago. I couldn't take the lack of sleep although they did help me stay awake in grad school. haha...No they were awful. Once I thought my heart was going to explode and it just wasn't worth it. Now I just drink coffee and even that I'm cutting back on.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:20 am

I recommend running the night before a weigh in and not properly rehydrating afterwards.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:33 am

healdgator wrote:I recommend running the night before a weigh in and not properly rehydrating afterwards.

That sounds healthy Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:36 am

Nick Morris wrote:
healdgator wrote:I recommend running the night before a weigh in and not properly rehydrating afterwards.

That sounds like some high schoolers I worked with who were on the wrestling team.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:51 am

Julie wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

That sounds like some high schoolers I worked with who were on the wrestling team.

Been there...I survived one fall for the most part on a pear a day diet. I made weight, though...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2