365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felt a Hundred Different Demons

+37
Lauren
healdgator
Diego
T Miller
Glenn
Michael Enright
Dave P
Mrs. Schuey
fostever
jon c
JohnP
Michele "1L" Keane
Nick Morris
Joel H
Seth Harrison
ChasMcG
KBFitz
Penelope
mul21
John Kilpatrick
Jeff F
Matt W
Kenny B.
Dave-O
Jerry
jdholland
Julie
Jim Lentz
Natalie
Chris M
Peg Coover
Alex Kubacki
Mark B
Bob
GregC
Mike MacLellan
Schuey
41 posters

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 15 Empty Re: Felt a Hundred Different Demons

Post  Nick Morris Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:01 pm

Congratulations Shuey!!! Awesome job!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 15 Empty Re: Felt a Hundred Different Demons

Post  Julie Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:26 pm

Congratulations! You are so fast!!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:23 pm

Nicely done out there today! Congrats.

You'll have to share all your training and race strategy secrets! Inquiring minds want to know (and learn). Very Happy
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:43 pm

70 of 857? Are you freaking kidding me? That is f-ing awesome! GREAT job today!!!!!!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:42 am

Damn - awesome run, Schuey! Congrats!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:52 am

Outstanding race Schuey. If I am looking at the splits correctly, it sounds like the second half of the race was pretty tough. Congrats on hanging in there and getting it done. 50 miles is a loooooong way to run!!!

Recover well and have a great Thanksgiving Schuey!!
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Congrats Schuey on your successful run and finish! I am hoping you'll have time to let us know how it all went down for you!
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:29 pm

Very, very well done, my man.
Bob
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:39 am

Everyone I can not expess how flattered I'm by all your support. We are still in transit on our way back to Chicago. I'm also still gathering my thoughts about the day. Until I get a report up, let me just say yesterday had to be one of the coolest things I have ever done as an athlete. I really don't know how to explain it at this point but I will say that at the finish line it was cool to look at Kevin and see that he knew how I felt without saying a word.

I want to thank Kevin and my wife for making yesterday such a special moment in my life! It truly was a moment in time that was just amazing. More to come later.

Again thank all of you for your interest in my running!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:37 am

I can't wait to read about it Schuey. Congratulations on a great accomplishment and a new adventure!
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff F Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:09 am

Schuey, Great job...7:45 and 9:19 pace for 50 miles is outstanding. Can't wait to read the race report.
Jeff F
Jeff F
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:58 am

9:19 pace, not a fan. I don't care how long you run.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:01 pm

Jerry wrote:9:19 pace, not a fan. I don't care how long you run.

?

9:19 for 50 miles. I'm a HUGE fan!!! I still can't wrap my mind around running for 50 miles.

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:17 pm

John Kilpatrick wrote:

?

9:19 for 50 miles. I'm a HUGE fan!!! I still can't wrap my mind around running for 50 miles.

I agree, John, I think this was probably the most nonsensical post by Jerry I've read to date.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:40 pm

Julie wrote:
John Kilpatrick wrote:

?

I agree, John, I think this was probably the most nonsensical post by Jerry I've read to date.

Outside of when he talks in the third person, of course.

Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:11 am

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Julie wrote:
John Kilpatrick wrote:

?

No, I think this topped them all.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:48 am

Julie wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Julie wrote:
John Kilpatrick wrote:

?

No, I think this topped them all.

Jerry thinks Julie has not seen all Jerry's post yet. lol!

Btw, Jerry is just sad that Schuey is into this nonsensical ultra thing that Jerry loses opportunity to learn from Schuey. Yes, Jerry said it, this ultra thing is nonsensical. lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wolfe Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:13 am

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Julie wrote:
John Kilpatrick wrote:

?

Dave doesn't think Jerry talks in the third person. Dave thinks Jerry is the third person.

Dave thought (not to defend Jerry but) that Jerry post could be read to say -- Damn that's a long way to run that fast. Jerry is not going to try to run that fast for that long. Not nonsensical at all. Dave bows down to the Bull and is frankly amazed at how well he ran his first (?) Ultra.

Dave hopes that Jerry, Lisa, Martin and everyone else have a great Thanksgiving.
Dave Wolfe
Dave Wolfe
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  T Miller Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:46 am

Congrats my man, can't wait to hear the gory details.
T Miller
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:30 am

What would life be like without Jerry.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:39 am

I think(to to defend Jerry) that coming from someone slower than Schuey Jerry's statement is comical, not nonsensical. When Jerry comments the same to Kenny, well, it is still comical.

Btw, I saw in Garmin Connect Jerry had done 20 miles in similar pace on Sunday. lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:10 am

I think Jerry should just say

duì ) (bu) 起!(qǐ) Sorry!
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:17 am

Jerry wrote:I think(to to defend Jerry) that coming from someone slower than Schuey Jerry's statement is comical, not nonsensical. When Jerry comments the same to Kenny, well, it is still comical.

Btw, I saw in Garmin Connect Jerry had done 20 miles in similar pace on Sunday. lol!

OK I took it the wrong way, of course, and thought it was kind of snotty, but as long as you're deferring to Schuey's ability to run faster and farther than you, I can accept that.

I have yet to run a marathon at 9:19 pace, and when I run my 50 miler I have no idea how my pace will be but it will certainly be slower than 10:00.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:15 pm

Alright now that we got all that all the way, let's now all have a happy and wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Yes I think that we all can say that we are all Thankful to have are agreements and disagreements about life, running and whatever else that we want to talk about on this site. I have to also admit that I'm flattered by the friendships I have with all of you.

Julie I can understand were you were coming from and that yes at times people can take what others says the wrong way. So thank you for all your Midwest support and love.

Jerry Jerry Jerry, you know that I would not be mad at your comments, I have been around you long enough to take a step back and say "what is Jerry, trying to say?" Sure I was a little thrown back do to the fact that it was a long way to run and I had to run through a Fing mountain for 15.5 miles and then on flat dirt trail for another 27 miles and then after that hit the rolling roads for another 8 miles, which I should add the the rolling hills really were rolling uphills with almost no downhills.

Also Jerry it's ok, you will not stop learning from me, just like I won't stop learning from you about marathon running or shorter distances. I am not done running marathons and I'm not done trying to run them fast. Don't forget my next big goal race is BOSTON and yes that race is 26.2 miles and yes I will be trying to run it as fast as I can.

I will save it for another post or most likely my new blog, because I feel that it should be time for a new blog more about why I want and why I will continue to run the Ultra distance not only 50 miles but also 100 mile races. I know it is hard for some to understand why one would want to put themselves through such things but I will try to give a little light on it again later.

Again I just want to thank everyone here for their support, it really does hit home and really does help lifts ones' sprits and helps me try to be the best that I can be. In the future and starting with my new blog I will not be as distant as I have become over the last couple of months. I really fought with do I want to air my problems online??

Over the weekend Kevin and I had such a wonderful heart to heart talk during are 11 mile stretch of running( mile 27 to mile 38), which will be one of the biggest highlights if not the biggest highlight of the day for me. I don't want to go much into the day due to the fact that I want to save as much as possible for my report on my first attempt at running 50 miles. I will add that for you that have continued to read this long post by me and to the people that know me well from the boards life has not been ALL THAT EASY FOR US over the last couple of months. There has been some good things going on that have add stress but there has also been a lot of life changing events that took place that have not only hit Lisa and I hard but my family also. These things being gaining a job, working nights, schedule adjustments, injuries, losing a job and then top the cake an Uncle dying suddenly did not allow much time on the boards or time to train. So one could say that yes "Schuey The Bull" was very scared and frighten to run a 50 mile race.

I don't think that I will go into all the details of what happened because frankly it is all in the past and well being strong people we weathered through the storm and Saturday was the closer of that chapter in our lives and it turned out to be a happy ending to it. This is why the gift of life and sport is so wonderful because if one opens themselves up to it there are so many valuable listens and insights one can learn.

Look into any eyes
you find by you, you can see
clear through to another day
I know it's been seen before
through other eyes on other days
while going home-
What do you want me to do,
to do for you to see you through?
It's all a dream we dreamed
one afternoon long ago
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:18 pm

Diego wrote:I think Jerry should just say

duì ) (bu) 起!(qǐ) Sorry!

SORRY, OK! Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 15 235134252
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next