365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felt a Hundred Different Demons

+37
Lauren
healdgator
Diego
T Miller
Glenn
Michael Enright
Dave P
Mrs. Schuey
fostever
jon c
JohnP
Michele "1L" Keane
Nick Morris
Joel H
Seth Harrison
ChasMcG
KBFitz
Penelope
mul21
John Kilpatrick
Jeff F
Matt W
Kenny B.
Dave-O
Jerry
jdholland
Julie
Jim Lentz
Natalie
Chris M
Peg Coover
Alex Kubacki
Mark B
Bob
GregC
Mike MacLellan
Schuey
41 posters

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 14 Empty Re: Felt a Hundred Different Demons

Post  John Kilpatrick Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:52 pm

That
Is
Awesome!!!!!!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 14 Empty Re: Felt a Hundred Different Demons

Post  Julie Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:57 pm

awesome!!! I hope you give him a copy so he can keep it on his desk! Cool
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Great souvenir (for both of you!) from the expo.
Have a great race in your hometown marathon Schuey!
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:22 pm

Haha, Bull doesn't talk in the run? Tell Chris the story of last year if you haven't after the race Sunday. lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:34 pm

Nice picture. I hope you feel all set to tour the city with Chris. It's always a nice feeling to get done with the expo. Were there any good shirts this year?

Have fun this weekend. I wish I was there.
Matt W
Matt W
Poster
Poster

http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:10 am

See ya Sunday, S U N D A Y at the drag races.
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:00 am

Meh, I heard he's prone to just frolicking through the forest naked... Wink

Get Mr. McG his sub-3 on Sunday, buddy! Whatever it takes. You both deserve that.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:10 am

Well things didn't go as planned for my debut as a pacer, maybe I'm just not cut out for that job. I'm not sure if I did such a good job. I do know this and I wanted it to be know by all of you on these broads, Chris put in a 110% effort the man was truly my hero today and he gave everything that one could give today. I can't say how proud I am of him and I really thought that we were going to get that sub 3 today.

Chris thanks for letting me run with you today, it's a day I will truly remember by the grit you shown at the end of the race. I wish we could have hit your goal today but like I said to you at mile 23 you were all in and you gave 110%. I know how much you were giving it all day and I'm proud of your big heart and staying all in today.

As for me, training will continue for my JFK 50 miler race. I would like to get out and put in a 20 mile run tomorrow and look to see if there is still any opening for the 50k lakefront race in two weeks. I feel great and ready to hit the roads tomorrow which to me is a good sign to were my fitness is for my race in November.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:15 am

Schuey, Congrats to both you and Chris for hanging tough on a brutal day. I'm sure Chris will say that having you with him made it much less brutal that it would have been otherwise. We all know he'll get that sub-3:00. Yesterday just wasn't anyone's day.
I hope today's 20 goes well.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:03 am

Congrats on pacing in those conditions. Tough day out there but it's 26.2M in the books. Enjoy the 20M.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:17 am

I'm sure you were a good pacer. No one could help the weather. Chris will get his sub 3 but it didn't sound like yesterday was conducive for a PR for too many runners.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:25 pm

I'm sure you were a great pacer, Martin - you were with Chris until the end and that is what counts - that both of you worked with each other given the conditions. Now on to JFK......
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:51 am

If Chris comes to Dallas for sub 3 in Dec, Jerry can show how lousy a pacer you are, Schuey.

Btw, is it warmer or about the same as last year?
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:14 am

Sorry things didn't go quite as planned on the pacing. But as you said he was all in and that's what counts. Glad you were there to support Chris!

Hope your training continues to go well!
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanie Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:20 pm

Wow, what a day Schuey! I bet you were an incredible support system for all the runners you paced this past weekend, just like you are here for many of us on the boards. Happy training for JFK!!
Stephanie
Stephanie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:34 pm

Hey Buddy! I hope you are doing well and enjoying life. What are your long runs up to these days?

Say hi to Lisa and everyone else you run into for me.
Matt W
Matt W
Poster
Poster

http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:57 pm

Schuey wrote:Well things didn't go as planned for my debut as a pacer, maybe I'm just not cut out for that job. I'm not sure if I did such a good job. I do know this and I wanted it to be know by all of you on these broads, Chris put in a 110% effort the man was truly my hero today and he gave everything that one could give today. I can't say how proud I am of him and I really thought that we were going to get that sub 3 today.

Chris thanks for letting me run with you today, it's a day I will truly remember by the grit you shown at the end of the race. I wish we could have hit your goal today but like I said to you at mile 23 you were all in and you gave 110%. I know how much you were giving it all day and I'm proud of your big heart and staying all in today.

As for me, training will continue for my JFK 50 miler race. I would like to get out and put in a 20 mile run tomorrow and look to see if there is still any opening for the 50k lakefront race in two weeks. I feel great and ready to hit the roads tomorrow which to me is a good sign to were my fitness is for my race in November.

Ha - I'd be happy with someone who did such a "bad job"! I think that was an awesome thing to do for a deserving guy - obviously was a big help to Chris.
Five weeks out - man, time is going fast!!! I know your busy - when you get a minute, let us know what you are up to in your training. Curious minds want to know....

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:20 pm

Hey, Schuey, I just wanted to wish you luck this weekend at the JFK 50!

I'm looking forward to reading your race report. I think it's going to be a great adventure. cheers
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:29 pm

Have a great race!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:34 pm

Have a great race! I hope everything goes well, fueling, weather, everything. Can't wait to hear about it!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:37 pm

Good luck this weekend, Martin! Have a great run - can't wait to hear all about it!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Have a great ultra Schuey! Looking forwarding to reading all about it.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:15 pm

That Ultra is this weekend already?! Have fun Martin!
Dave P
Dave P
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:28 pm

Looking forward to hearing how things go at your first 50 miler Schuey! Best wishes for an awesome race!
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:56 pm

Good luck Schuey!
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next