365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

+32
John Kilpatrick
jon c
Jim Lentz
GregC
Penelope
Michael Enright
ChasMcG
Tom H
JohnP
mul21
Julie
Mrs. Schuey
Liz R
KathyK
Mark B
Admin
Tim M
Tea from RonItch
Schuey
Dave Wolfe
Seth Harrison
Jerry
dot520
Dave-O
Michele "1L" Keane
Peg Coover
Mike MacLellan
Ken Mello
Kenny B.
Matt W
Chris M
Natalie
36 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK - Page 3 Empty Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Kenny B. Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:35 pm

Natalie Wolf wrote:Oh, I am a bad blogger! Let's see... running has been uneventful this week and I didn't think I could make it seem more exciting by writing about it. I'm just trying to hang onto what little mileage I can before official NYCM training begins next Monday. Wednesday and Thursday were rough running days where I couldn't get above 3.5 miles either day. I blame my period. Next week no excuses. 25 miles for the week. Blah.

No more excuses moving forward. we won't put up with it. Tough love! You will get in the groove. How Natalie got her groove back. Maybe the title of a new blog?
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK - Page 3 Empty Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  mul21 Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:36 pm

Natalie Wolf wrote:Oh, I am a bad blogger! Let's see... running has been uneventful this week and I didn't think I could make it seem more exciting by writing about it. I'm just trying to hang onto what little mileage I can before official NYCM training begins next Monday. Wednesday and Thursday were rough running days where I couldn't get above 3.5 miles either day. I blame my period. Next week no excuses. 25 miles for the week. Blah.

Better than a goose egg! Good luck with the start of a new training cycle! I'm a bit jealous you get to run NYC. My buddy and I registered for the lottery and didn't get in and his wife and her friend (with a combined total of 1 marathon between them) both got in. Not frickin' fair!
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:44 pm

Natalie, it's amazing how that monthly visitor can really put the kibosh on a run. I know what you mean, and it gets frustrating when mentally you just want to go and your body just doesn't. It's like a gigantic vacuum attaches to your legs and sucks any energy out of them.

Looking forward to following your NYCM training!! bounce bounce bounce bounce
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:27 pm

Hang in there Nat! Better days are coming. And, look on the bright side--you are still a "young" woman having her monthly period. I'm an "old" woman who hasn't had a period in a year! Actually I feel great except for the 4x daily hot flashes, but it seems too young at 46-47.....

Yay! I love starting a new training cycle! And you LOVE New York so enjoy every stride!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:07 pm

25 miles is great for keeping up your base before training starts for the marathon.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:22 pm

Peg Coover wrote:Hang in there Nat! Better days are coming. And, look on the bright side--you are still a "young" woman having her monthly period. I'm an "old" woman who hasn't had a period in a year! Actually I feel great except for the 4x daily hot flashes, but it seems too young at 46-47.....

Yay! I love starting a new training cycle! And you LOVE New York so enjoy every stride!

I just had this same conversation with some women friends on Friday night. One was 49 and hadn't had a period in a year. I show no signs of ever stopping!
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz R Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:54 pm

Hoo Boy! I am in the same boat as you girls. Thought I was done, but I wasn't. Can't wait to come out on the other side.

Liz R
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:19 pm

Hi Natalie!

I hope your NYCM training kicks off well and builds momentum all the way to the big race. I can't say I relate to your problem you've been having, but I hope energy returns to your legs to make running more enjoyable.
Matt W
Matt W
Poster
Poster

http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:26 pm

I really have nothing constructive to add to this conversation, so I'll just say "hi Natalie"!
Hope you get your energy back soon and I hope that you have a great training cycle for NY.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:32 pm

Seth Harrison wrote:I really have nothing constructive to add to this conversation, so I'll just say "hi Natalie"!
Hope you get your energy back soon and I hope that you have a great training cycle for NY.

Way to work the post count Seth. Laughing
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:57 pm

Kenny B. wrote:
Seth Harrison wrote:I really have nothing constructive to add to this conversation, so I'll just say "hi Natalie"!

That wasn't it at all Kenny. The subject matter of the past few posts has a decidedly "feminine" context that I just don't feel qualified to comment on. Smile
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:20 pm

Seth Harrison wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:

That wasn't it at all Kenny. The subject matter of the past few posts has a decidedly "feminine" context that I just don't feel qualified to comment on. Smile

Sorry boys, I almost didn't post it!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:41 pm

This is funny...Hi Natalie, I don't feel your pain exactly... I have weird feminine problems I think due to nursing my little girl but I know that's different.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:38 pm

Yep, so I will just go about my business and say Hi also. Hope everything gets worked out and you get your energy back and have that kick butt training cycle I know you are due to have!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:19 am

8 miles this morning. That was my goal and I accomplished it, so no complaints here. I chose the hilly, close to home, route, even doing the hilliest part twice because it happened to be the shady part in the older neighborhood. Every time I ran up a hill I said to myself "running hills is speedwork in disguise." The last three miles were tough because I ran in the newer neighborhood. I miss the days when people planted trees close to the street. The homes are lovely, but it's like running in Africa! No one appreciates the value of a well-placed shade tree anymore! No one except runners, that is. Wink

Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:23 am

Great run Nat. Trees are hard to come by these days.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:47 am

Great run. My neighborhood is full of oak trees, all the houses from the 1950s. Turn down our street and you can feel the temperature just drop. It's also lousy for gardening but that's the way it goes...
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:42 pm

I have to get my shade from walls, which are not nearly as effective as trees. I hope you have some nice shaded routes to keep you cool this summer.
Matt W
Matt W
Poster
Poster

http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:46 am

My original goal was to run 6 miles, but once I got started I decided to make it a tempo run. Probably the first tempo run I've done in 2011! Ended up only being 5.5 miles, but that's ok, because the intensity was greater than I had planned. Also, I went the hilly, shady route, so my splits don't exactly look tempo-ish, but it's hard to keep the same pace up the hills. My avg. speed gives a better indication of my effort.

I don't even know why I'm going to post this other than to satisfy everyone's curiosity about how slow I've actually gotten. Wink But, here goes:

[img]I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK - Page 3 Tempo_11[/img]

I'm regretting uploading that image now, because I think I just downloaded an application onto my computer that I may not like or want. Anyone know what iLivid is and why it wants me to download it everytime I want to post a picture?

Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:18 am

iLivid is what happens to me when I want to toss my computer across the room for downloading too many things - ikid, ikid.

Excellent run, Natalie! Glad it felt good - yeah!

I just found out that my neighbor here and running buddy has a sister running NY, so now she is going to come to the city to watch.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:56 am

Great run Nat!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:31 pm

By the way, I forgot the mention of monthly feminine issues. If you'd like to swap stories (in PM of course), boy can I fill you in. I swear, my leg was bothering me partly due to hormonal things. These guys better never cross me on the wrong day Twisted Evil I so totally get it - too bad my coach doesn't!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 pm

Alright Natalie two good runs in a row to help your confidence and to get your training on the right track and on a roll. And I'm only going to say this once YOU ARE NOT SLOW! Like you said you did that tempo run on a hilly route. It's not always about how fast it is or how the paces look but about the effort you put in! Way to go Natalie. Now all you need to do is go skydiving Wink
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:58 am

Very nice job with the tempo run Natalie.
Do not, I repeat, do not, attempt to replicate your son's skydiving adventure! A llittle jump out of an airplane when I was about his age was the start of all my knee issues. A lifetime with a crappy knee for three thrilling minutes wasn't worth it!
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:03 am

Seth Harrison wrote:Very nice job with the tempo run Natalie.
Do not, I repeat, do not, attempt to replicate your son's skydiving adventure! A llittle jump out of an airplane when I was about his age was the start of all my knee issues. A lifetime with a crappy knee for three thrilling minutes wasn't worth it!

Really? He landed on his butt... did you do a tandem jump or was it back when the chutes opened automatically? I'm kinda thinking about doing a jump!

Three days of running in a row... yay me! Today was a short 3 mile recovery run in my Frees. Things felt good for a change! After that, I worked out with my trainer and I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow. I'm doing high reps with light weights and, though good for endurance, it's fatiguing. Tomorrow I think I'll do the Insanity "Pure Cardio" + "Cardio Abs" workout. I have my 30th high school reunion coming up in a month and now is not the time to back off the workouts!

Here's my favorite picture of Adam's skydiving adventure:

[img]I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK - Page 3 Adam_s10[/img]

And here is the landing:

[img]I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK - Page 3 Adam_l10[/img]

Last edited by Natalie Wolf on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling.)
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next