365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are only as good as your last marathon, marathon list!

+16
mul21
Dave-O
jdholland
Michele "1L" Keane
momof5boys
Natalie
Julie
Jerry
Mark B
Mike MacLellan
healdgator
Tim M
Alex Kubacki
Schuey
Nick Morris
charles
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

You are only as good as your last marathon, marathon list! - Page 3 Empty Re: You are only as good as your last marathon, marathon list!

Post  sir digby Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:32 pm

I think Lance has been the only person in history to actually benefit from getting cancer...
sir digby
sir digby

Back to top Go down

You are only as good as your last marathon, marathon list! - Page 3 Empty Re: You are only as good as your last marathon, marathon list!

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:35 pm

I thought we were done with the whole Lance and PED convo? Kinda sorry I brought it up... You are only as good as your last marathon, marathon list! - Page 3 666742919
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:35 pm

sir digby wrote:I think Lance has been the only person in history to actually benefit from getting cancer...

Sad but true.

Before the cancer, he was just an average no-name professional cyclists that no one in the US cared about.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:49 pm

Tim M wrote:
sir digby wrote:I think Lance has been the only person in history to actually benefit from getting cancer...

Sad but true.

Before the cancer, he was just an average no-name professional cyclists that no one in the US cared about.

Sad about the cancer (I don't wish that on anyone) but beside that, to be honest as for him, as a person or athlete I still don't care about him... never did and never will.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:15 am

Schuey wrote:
Tim M wrote:

Sad but true.

Sad about the cancer (I don't wish that on anyone) but beside that, to be honest as for him, as a person or athlete I still don't care about him... never did and never will.

Unfortunately, that's also my opinion of a great many athletes these days. I doubt I'll ever shed another tear like I did when I heard that Magic was diagnosed with HIV, a death sentence at the time. I still remember exactly where I was when that announcement was made and the discrimination that followed. I wish we had more professional athletes like him that shone both on the playing field and after their athletic careers are over.
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3