365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going Downhill, Fast

+16
Chris M
Seth Harrison
Alex Kubacki
Schuey
ChasMcG
Mark B
Diego
John Kilpatrick
Tom H
Jerry
Dave-O
Natalie
Julie
Mike MacLellan
Kenny B.
Matt W
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Going Downhill, Fast - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Downhill, Fast

Post  mul21 Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:33 pm

Here's some motivation for you: Think about all us poor suckers who have to fit our summer training in around work and super hot weather. I would trade you in a heartbeat!

Also, the gym is a great idea. It was 99 last Saturday in St. Louis and I did 14 on the mill in the afternoon. It sucked a whole lot less than even attempting to run outside would have.

Just keep plugging away and have some fun with it. Do a fartlek or something for a long run to break up the monotony. I want to know some sub 2:30 guys personally, so you and Dave better get on it!
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:33 pm

Nice job on winning the 5K.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:47 pm

Just stopping in to say hi, and nice to see your new blog. I like the title. Good luck with the summer training--it is really hard to run in the heat. Down here it's more the humidity that makes it hard for me, but the heat certainly doesn't help, either. I think the morning strategy sounds good, but it is hard to get out of bed that early.
Congrats on winning the 5K! I cannot imagine what that must feel like to win a 5K while accidently cruising at half-marathon pace. Very cool.
Penelope
Penelope
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:10 pm

Dude, you seriously need some competition in these races.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:25 am

Matt W wrote:

I will post a little bit about running, even though it's nothing spectacular. I've hit a bit of a too much time by myself malaise which saps some of my motivation and makes me wonder what the point of all this training is. I've been putting in some miles, although not at the intensity that I would like, but it's better than nothing. The heat hasn't been too bad here, but it's been a lot muggier than usual. I did end up running a 5K on the 4th and won it, but after running the first mile right as I planned, I found myself alone and cruised it in at 1/2 marathon pace. Whoops. Hopefully, I'll start feeling better soon and have some things worth writing about.

Wow! Eh I was by myself so I just came in at my half marathon pace. No big deal. Eh

WTF? You are TOO hard on yourself Matt! You are truly amazing and I'm not just talking about running. I love the Matt. And he happens to be a great and competitive runner. And really good looking! That really has nothing to do with running but I say if you look good you run good! (just no makeup okay?) hehe

BTW - What the heck is going on with the weather? I have some other friends and they keep posting stuff about it as well.
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:57 am

Hey Matt---

Great running, as always! Wish I knew what it was like to win a 5K or "cruise" at half marathon pace!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:05 am

Chris M wrote:This blog used the word "penultimate". Cool!

I was going to comment about that, too, but I'm a nerd and get excited about low frequency words. My husband just taught our almost 2 year old to say "linguistically adept" this morning after she said a 15 word sentence.

Congrats on winning the 5K!

Do you think you're getting burned out or just having a blah week? Maybe do some fun non-running stuff?
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Matt W wrote:

I will post a little bit about running, even though it's nothing spectacular. I've hit a bit of a too much time by myself malaise which saps some of my motivation and makes me wonder what the point of all this training is. I've been putting in some miles, although not at the intensity that I would like, but it's better than nothing. The heat hasn't been too bad here, but it's been a lot muggier than usual. I did end up running a 5K on the 4th and won it, but after running the first mile right as I planned, I found myself alone and cruised it in at 1/2 marathon pace. Whoops. Hopefully, I'll start feeling better soon and have some things worth writing about.

Your adventures are interesting enough - miss seeing your postings... I think the motivation sapping is called summer... How are things going?

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:04 pm

A Vegas friend posted on FB that we should visit in order to enjoy some cooler weather...
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:07 pm

Haven't heard from you in awhile. Just checking in. Hope the running is going well.
Penelope
Penelope
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:55 pm

Penelope wrote:Haven't heard from you in awhile. Just checking in. Hope the running is going well.

Thanks for checking in.

It's not, though.
Matt W
Matt W
Poster
Poster

http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:37 pm

Matt W wrote:
Penelope wrote:Haven't heard from you in awhile. Just checking in. Hope the running is going well.

Thanks for checking in.

It's not, though.

Oh...well, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it gets better. How is the rest of your life?
Penelope
Penelope
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2