365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Think I'll Go To Boston...

+8
Julie
Tom H
Mark B
Nick Morris
ounce
nkrichards
Michele "1L" Keane
Mike MacLellan
12 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

I Think I'll Go To Boston... - Page 6 Empty Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Nick Morris Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:51 pm

Tom H wrote:Wait?  Who's pacing/guiding who in Boston scratch

I pace and she guides Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:18 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Tom H wrote:Wait?  Who's pacing/guiding who in Boston scratch

I pace and she guides Smile

Damn...I wish I was fast enough to join the party.  No chance!!

Stay warm and safe Nick...
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:32 pm

Does one try to run in fresh tire tracks because it might be slushy maybe less icy?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:51 pm

ounce wrote:Does one try to run in fresh tire tracks because it might be slushy maybe less icy?

I actually found it easier to run in the lighter fresh snow than the tire tracks. They are rather slippery and cause worse footing. Although I did run in the tire tracks when the drifts were deeper.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:33 am

Not sure how much you got out there, but we got around 8 inches (maybe a bit more on the lake) and nothing is plowed.  They expect maybe 2-3 more inches over the day and the temps are dropping into the teens.  Looks like a week on indoor running, and I'm glad today is my scheduled off day.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:51 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Not sure how much you got out there, but we got around 8 inches (maybe a bit more on the lake) and nothing is plowed.  They expect maybe 2-3 more inches over the day and the temps are dropping into the teens.  Looks like a week on indoor running, and I'm glad today is my scheduled off day.

We ended up with around 7 inches of the white death, but with the blowing snow, some areas have more and less. I will be on the treadmill tonight for my recovery run and then I am scheduled off tomorrow. We are supposed to get another 1-3 Tuesday even, so I am guess my Wednesday run will not be much fun.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:35 pm

3 mile recovery run followed by light weight training and some core work. Off day tomorrow, before heading back outside on Wednesday.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom H Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:12 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Not sure how much you got out there, but we got around 8 inches (maybe a bit more on the lake) and nothing is plowed.  They expect maybe 2-3 more inches over the day and the temps are dropping into the teens.  Looks like a week on indoor running, and I'm glad today is my scheduled off day.

We ended up with around 7 inches of the white death, but with the blowing snow, some areas have more and less.  I will be on the treadmill tonight for my recovery run and then I am scheduled off tomorrow.  We are supposed to get another 1-3 Tuesday even, so I am guess my Wednesday run will not be much fun.

There has got to be some upside to training in the white stuff, but it escapes me at this moment.  Oh wait, is it the mental toughness developed as you embrace the treadmill?
Tom H
Tom H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:34 pm

Tom H wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

We ended up with around 7 inches of the white death, but with the blowing snow, some areas have more and less.  I will be on the treadmill tonight for my recovery run and then I am scheduled off tomorrow.  We are supposed to get another 1-3 Tuesday even, so I am guess my Wednesday run will not be much fun.

There has got to be some upside to training in the white stuff, but it escapes me at this moment.  Oh wait, is it the mental toughness developed as you embrace the treadmill?

I think that there is an element of both...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:45 pm

This is what I felt like running in Sunday's winter storm warning...

Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:50 pm

Scheduled off day today. We also got another couple of inches of the white death today. Hopefully everything will be cleaned up by tomorrow night, so that my run will be more enjoyable.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:05 pm

6.28 miles this afternoon on some so so sidewalks and bike trail, after yesterday's couple of inches. It was also windy and cold, with a windchill of -1. The one thing that I had going for me was the fact that the sun sets at 5:15 now. This allowed me to get about 4 miles of the run in with visible light to see where I was stepping. Another 6 scheduled for tomorrow. Let's hope tha the sun melts away more of the snow on the sidewalks and bike trail.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:17 pm

Another 6.25 miles tonight. The sidewalks and trail were a little better, but it was still windy and cold. The windchill was -1 at the time of my run.it is supposed to warm up to the mid 30s over the weekend before getting colder towards the middle to the end of next week. I really wish winter was over.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:00 pm

Scheduled off day for me today.  Gotta rest up for the weekend, as it will the most mileage that I have put in in a weekend this training cycle and since October.  Things are coming along quite nicely, as I am continuing to drop weight and in doing so, I am seeing my times get faster and faster.  As of last Sunday, I was down 7 1/2 pounds from January 1st.  Of course, not all of the improvement is weight related.  I have put in 5 1/2 weeks of good training.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom H Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:00 pm

So what is on the slate for the weekend runs?  Is the weather finally going to give you a break?  Sounds like the fitness is going the right direction on all fronts.  7 1/2 pounds since January 1 is really quite impressive by itself, but I suspect the faster times are as much related to your mental focus as to carrying a lighter load.  Keep it up!
Tom H
Tom H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:36 pm

Tom H wrote:So what is on the slate for the weekend runs?  Is the weather finally going to give you a break?  Sounds like the fitness is going the right direction on all fronts.  7 1/2 pounds since January 1 is really quite impressive by itself, but I suspect the faster times are as much related to your mental focus as to carrying a lighter load.  Keep it up!

16 miles tomorrow, followed by 9 on Sunday. I'll be up to 20 in three weeks. With a shortened 16 week schedule, I am only going to be able to get in four 20 milers this cycle. As for the weather, it is turning today. It's 31 degrees today, followed by 40 for tomorrow, and 34 on Sunday. Unfortunately it is just a break from the bitterness that will return on Thursday and Friday of next week. I only weigh myself one day a week, Sunday, so I am hoping that the weight loss number will be larger this week. I have really stuck to a strict diet and workout regimen (not that I don't always do) this training cycle. I think that it is because I have a purpose.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:56 pm

Well, you're persevering.  We've been about 10-20 degrees below normal.  And where you're warming up to the 30's tomorrow, we'll be 10-15 degrees above normal starting tomorrow until next Thursday.  I don't want to rub it in by telling the temps.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:44 pm

I'm excited about our weather this weekend too even with the predicted rain after all it is going to be almost 40F!  And don't get too fit as I won't be able to keep up.  I'll be lucky to get in 3-20s, but then again, I'm just hoping that my advanced years and experience get me through.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:57 pm

A great run this morning. Foggy and 20 degrees at the start of my run, but once the fog cleared and the sun came out, the temps rapidly jumped to 35 by the time I finished. The overall run was pretty easy, even though I ran my hilly route. I had a great fast finish, too, with a 7:28 pace for the final 1.05 of the 16.05 miles. HR was nice and low at a 139 average...I like it!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:05 pm

I'd like that, too, Nick.  Keep it up and stay the course.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:43 pm

Up and at it this morning, as I needed to get my run in before the scheduled rain/freezing rain sets in for the morning. I headed out on my hilly route again. My legs felt a little tired from yesterday's run, but they shook out after a couple of miles in. I ended up finishing 9.11 miles and only felt a few sprinkles around the halfway point. Much needed recovery run tomorrow.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:07 pm

It's the start of Week 7. An easy 3 mile recovery run tonight, followed by weight training and core work. I also got my confirmation from the BAA in the mail today to double confirm my acceptance to the Boston Marathon. What's funny is that they also accepted my qualifying time that I entered on the application. (I decided to put my time down, since they asked for a valid qualifying time). Yay!

I Think I'll Go To Boston... - Page 6 Image17
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:22 am

Nick Morris wrote:It's the start of Week 7. An easy 3 mile recovery run tonight, followed by weight training and core work.  I also got my confirmation from the BAA in the mail today to double confirm my acceptance to the Boston Marathon.  What's funny is that they also accepted my qualifying time that I entered on the application.  (I decided to put my time down, since they asked for a valid qualifying time). Yay!

I Think I'll Go To Boston... - Page 6 Image17
That's they way they do it.  If you have a time, any time, you submit it so you are corralled correctly.  They don't just stick all the charity runners at the back.  You will be with similar speed runners.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:01 pm

Scheduled off day today. I have had a good first 6 weeks of training and hopefully it will help me get through the next seven weeks, following this weeks stepback week. 10 weeks to Boston, as of yesterday cheers
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:40 pm

Out in the cold after work today for my run. I got in 7.26 miles, in which 5 of them were actually done in the light of the day. I can't wait for Daylight Savings!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next