365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday Thread

+21
Michael Enright
Jerry
Julie
Mark B
ChasMcG
GregC
healdgator
Tim M
Seth Harrison
Glenn
mul21
rhondda h
Admin
Matt W
Dave-O
KathyK
Kenny B.
Mike MacLellan
John Kilpatrick
Nick Morris
Mrs. Schuey
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Friday Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Friday Thread

Post  Kenny B. Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:39 am

Seth Harrison wrote:
Dave-O wrote:

What is your least favorite movie? I couldn't think of any, so I googles "Most overrated movies." I found a list that included Fargo, Juno, Napolean Dynamite and Usual Suspects. And Scarface! For real? I disagree with all of those.

Usual Suspect overrated??? Friggin' great movie!

Unusual suspect was great. and Scarface is one of the best movies. Juno was also very good.

I can't believe Scarface is on your list. " Say hello to my little friend." "You know what a chaza is - a pig that don't fly straight"

Hey, Tony. Remember when I told you when you first started working for
me, the guys that last in this business, are the guys who fly straight.
Low-key, quiet. But the guys who want it all, chicas, champagne,
flash... they don't last.

Another Quaalude, and she'll be mine again.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:53 am

Did you watch the 2011 USATF Outdoor Track & Field Championships last night?

No.

Who did you want to see win and why?

See above.

What is the next race you have and where?

No idea.

What motivates you to get out and run and why?

What happens if I don't run ......

Do you tie your shoelaces any specific way before running?

No.

Do you dance like crazy when no one is looking?

No.

Which do you prefer, rainy days or wintery, snowy days?

Rainy.

Define a really funny question?

Hahaha.

What is the difference between normal ketchup and fancy ketchup?

Depends on the fries. If the fries is fancy, so is the ketchup. Otherwise, normal.

What is your least favorite movie?

Don't remember.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:16 pm

Nope.

No idea.

Not sure (that's been an odd feeling!). Am thinking of running "Four on the Fourth" - a traditionally hot and hilly four miler in Chester, CT on 7/4 - but I would probably just take it pretty easy for that.

1) I just really like it; and 2) being on a training plan - I'm quite compulsive.

I just double-knot them. I like 'em sort of loose - I tried locking them down once or twice and blistered like crazy.

I am a sucky dancer and try to avoid it whenever I can.

Snowy days, until there have been way too many of them (like last winter here, when roofs were collapsing!).

Hmmm. Define one? I'm not sure how to respond to that. Typically, I would think a question was funny if it made me think the answer would be absurd, or absurdly obvious. But it depends on an awful lot of variables. Often its not the question which is funny, but the answer that it seems to call for. I think I would flunk this item on a test, sorry.

Ketchup is fancy. Catsup is the real problem.

2001, A Space Odyssey. I love sci-fi, but that movie was bad. The best character was the computer, but that just couldn't carry a movie of that length.
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:24 pm

Dang, what channel? Don't say Versus cause Dish makes you upgrade for that and I'll be damned if I...
Everyone, but that's not possible. Could they at least give them all trophies like at my kids soccer league when he was 4 yrs. old.
Waterfall Glen Xtreme 10 in Darien,IL

Stress!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Double knotted and looped through both top holes.

Probably not.

The one about rainy,snowy, or wintery which I inadvertently deleted and will keep it that way. Did I define it? I don't understand, is this an IQ test, I guess I lose, can you lose an IQ test?

Fancy comes in little plastic packets made specially for fancy restaurants like Nick's Gyros!

Scarface, saw it recently, what a Joke! Rolling Eyes
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:33 pm

OK, I have a better answer. A funny question is one asked by a stupid or ignorant person. There, I think I passed the IQ test!
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 pm

Did you watch the 2011 USATF Outdoor Track & Field Championships last night? Yes, the 10,000 m races only.

Who did you want to see win and why? Shalane and/or Kara. I really respect them both and they are good for the sport. I also was very happy to see Desiree make the "A" standard. Not sure about the guys, Rupp is a very talented, odd duck.

What is the next race you have and where? Well, I was going to run a small 10K here tomorrow, but my right glute/hammie has really been bothering me this week. I think I'll hold off until the Boilermaker on July 10th. Meb gave me permission to heal up with his tweet today.

What motivates you to get out and run and why? Stress and staying fit

Do you tie your shoelaces any specific way before running? Nope

Do you dance like crazy when no one is looking?Always, but even when they are to the point that I embarrass my child

Which do you prefer, rainy days or wintery, snowy days? Wintery, snowy days. It has been raining here in western NY on and off since we got here - and it sucks.

Define a really funny question? One that makes you think.

What is the difference between normal ketchup and fancy ketchup? The writing on the bottle.

What is your least favorite movie? Any High School Musical or Jonas Bros flick (yes, I was dragged to them by my then younger teenage daughter)

Nicely done, Lisa.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jdholland Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:57 pm

Yes

Shalane and anyone, but Rupp

Stadium Stampede 5K in Denver Sunday. Hoping to finally break 18

How else will I beat Matt in Chicago?

No

No

Snowy days

One asked by an obviously clueless person

Price I guess?

No Country For Old Men
jdholland
jdholland

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:36 pm

jdholland wrote:
How else will I beat Matt in Chicago?

Ha!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:01 pm

Jumping into the movie debate here...

Chas, you dare talk badly about the Fifth Element?!?!?! Evil or Very Mad That is my all-time - yes, all-time - favorite movie. And always will be.

I agree that the Usual Suspects is overrated, but only because everyone's since taken that type of twist and overused it to the point of exhaustion. It's like the Big Lebowski, to me; it set a ton of precedents, but now that I've seen the ripped-off versions so many times, the original doesn't impress me.

Wasn't a fan of Scarface, either. Loved most of his (Pacino's) other mob/gangster movies, though.

And +1 that Juno was overrated, too. The hype absolutely killed it. Same with 40-Year Old Virgin and The Hangover, the first time I saw both of those (I've since accepted them as decently funny).

How about The Taking of Pelham 123? Even after I lived in New York (and thus loved the final scene, as the Manhattan Bridge is responsible for my running in the first place!) I still hated that movie. Or Boondock Saints 2. Terrible.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:14 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:Jumping into the movie debate here...

Chas, you dare talk badly about the Fifth Element?!?!?! Evil or Very Mad That is my all-time - yes, all-time - favorite movie. And always will be.

I agree that the Usual Suspects is overrated, but only because everyone's since taken that type of twist and overused it to the point of exhaustion. It's like the Big Lebowski, to me; it set a ton of precedents, but now that I've seen the ripped-off versions so many times, the original doesn't impress me.

Wasn't a fan of Scarface, either. Loved most of his (Pacino's) other mob/gangster movies, though.

And +1 that Juno was overrated, too. The hype absolutely killed it. Same with 40-Year Old Virgin and The Hangover, the first time I saw both of those (I've since accepted them as decently funny).

How about The Taking of Pelham 123? Even after I lived in New York (and thus loved the final scene, as the Manhattan Bridge is responsible for my running in the first place!) I still hated that movie. Or Boondock Saints 2. Terrible.

I haven't even heard of those movies before. I liked 40 yov and the hangover but they weren't the funniest movies. Just a few funny lines. They'll go down as classics though. Not sure why. Overrated.

Now....the 5th Element. I can't even back down and be like....well it was okay... I hated it. It wasn't funny. It wasn't interesting. Hell I couldn't even tell you what it is about now. I just block it. But I'm glad you love it. Very Happy You're allowed. I'm going to give you the white outfit though. She was pretty damn hot in that movie. Well....aside from her bad hair.

Of course, there are a lot better movies with a lot hotter chicks in it. I mean what about Showgirls?? A well put together movie with some great acting techniques! Rolling Eyes
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:19 am

Did you watch the 2011 USATF Outdoor Track & Field Championships last night? Yes, and it was great!

Who did you want to see win and why? Shalane Flanagan, because I admire her so much. She's such a stud to me!

What is the next race you have and where? It's the Race to Taste this Sunday in Chicago. It'll be fun and I can't wait for it. Hopefully I get some yummy gazpacho soup again at the finish!!

What motivates you to get out and run and why? Boston and my husband. It's also the iTeam. These new boards have really, really stoked my motivation to get out there and run.

Do you tie your shoelaces any specific way before running? Yeah, when tying, I make sure that I have at least three twists before I form the "rabbit ears"

Do you dance like crazy when no one is looking? Sometimes....haha!

Which do you prefer, rainy days or wintery, snowy days? Rainy days

Define a really funny question? Why do you park in a driveway and drive in a parkway?

What is the difference between normal ketchup and fancy ketchup? I honestly don't know...

What is your least favorite movie? It's a tossup....Master of Disguise or any of the Matrix movies
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:31 am

Mrs. Schuey wrote:

What is your least favorite movie? It's a tossup....Master of Disguise or any of the Matrix movies

How can you say that the Matrix movie's are horrible?? Especially the first one!!! "You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula Sue Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:09 am

Did you watch the 2011 USATF Outdoor Track & Field Championships last night? Actually, I was busy drinking two Mich Ultras and wondering why I didn't order Bud 55 Rolling Eyes

Who did you want to see win and why? The Bud 55 was clearly the winner in the calorie race.

What is the next race you have and where? Next Thursday evening at Put In Bay, South Bass Island...going for the Bud 55 and winning the calorie race!

What motivates you to get out and run and why? Truthfully, competition keeps me running and running hard. I like beating old women...however, right now they have the edge. They better love it while they can because I'm going to beat their a$$e$ next year!!!

Do you tie your shoelaces any specific way before running? Always double tie...losing 1st Place AG due to an untied lace taught me NOT TO FORGET!

Do you dance like crazy when no one is looking? Heck, I dance like crazy WHEN they're looking. Old people can do that and get away with it Razz

Which do you prefer, rainy days or wintery, snowy days? Rain any day...going south to avoid the snow...really!!!

Define a really funny question? You all have heard this one from me before: My hairdresser once asked me if had any neck problems from running. I told her I usually ran on my feet so NO, I really didn't have any neck problems at all.

What is the difference between normal ketchup and fancy ketchup? Fancy ketchup comes from Leamington, ON, CA...really!!!

What is your least favorite movie? JAWS...I haven't been able to swim in the ocean ever since.
Paula Sue
Paula Sue
Poster
Poster

http://oceanbreeze-lake-erie.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:52 am

Nick Morris wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:

How can you say that the Matrix movie's are horrible?? Especially the first one!!! "You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

See? That's exactly why I can't stand them....red pill, blue pill, some weird conversation through a computer screen, bugs in the field....I like the KISS method:

Field of Deams, The Bourne Series, The Lion King, The Usual Suspects...now those are great movies! There's a clear beginning, middle and end. Movies that jump around all over the place and it's 20,000 question time. I hated Pulp Fiction for the same reason. Oh, and don't get me started on Twelve Monkeys! I must confess that while I didn't get Fight Club at first, that is actually one of my favorite movies. bounce bounce
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:51 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:

See? That's exactly why I can't stand them....red pill, blue pill, some weird conversation through a computer screen, bugs in the field....I like the KISS method:

Field of Deams, The Bourne Series, The Lion King, The Usual Suspects...now those are great movies! There's a clear beginning, middle and end. Movies that jump around all over the place and it's 20,000 question time. I hated Pulp Fiction for the same reason. Oh, and don't get me started on Twelve
Monkeys! I must confess that while I didn't get Fight Club at first, that is actually one of my favorite movies. bounce bounce

So you don't really like movies that make you think? Although Usual Suspects must be an outlier...

Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:17 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:

Field of Deams, The Bourne Series, The Lion King, The Usual Suspects...now those are great movies! There's a clear beginning, middle and end. Movies that jump around all over the place and it's 20,000 question time. I hated Pulp Fiction for the same reason. Oh, and don't get me started on Twelve
Monkeys! I must confess that while I didn't get Fight Club at first, that is actually one of my favorite movies. bounce bounce

So you don't really like movies that make you think? Although Usual Suspects must be an outlier...

EXACTLY! Hahaha! I don't like movies or shows that end with "open interpretation, either". Take the Soprano's for example. I watched that show religiously from the very beginning every Sunday on HBO. The long anticipated finale came and the end of the show comes....do Tony and his family get whacked? Does the dude come over to the table, shake his hand and they all move on? Who knows? Because the FREAKING screen went black with, "Don't Stop Believin'" starting to play. Really?! That's how you're gonna do me? Really? I wanted them either to all die or either go out for beers and the rest is history.

Funny you mention the Usual Suspects being an outlier...I should disclose that I remember seeing that movie in the theater and getting frustrated for the first part of it. When the end came, I thought it was cool. I watched is again when it came out on video and liked it even more.
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:24 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:

EXACTLY! Hahaha! I don't like movies or shows that end with "open interpretation, either". Take the Soprano's for example. I watched that show religiously from the very beginning every Sunday on HBO. The long anticipated finale came and the end of the show comes....do Tony and his family get whacked? Does the dude come over to the table, shake his hand and they all move on? Who knows? Because the FREAKING screen went black with, "Don't Stop Believin'" starting to play. Really?! That's how you're gonna do me? Really? I wanted them either to all die or either go out for beers and the rest is history.

Funny you mention the Usual Suspects being an outlier...I should disclose that I remember seeing that movie in the theater and getting frustrated for the first part of it. When the end came, I thought it was cool. I watched is again when it came out on video and liked it even more.

Maybe they did...it ends however you want it too...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:26 pm

ChasMcG wrote:
Mike MacLellan wrote:Jumping into the movie debate here...

I haven't even heard of those movies before. I liked 40 yov and the hangover but they weren't the funniest movies. Just a few funny lines. They'll go down as classics though. Not sure why. Overrated.

Now....the 5th Element. I can't even back down and be like....well it was okay... I hated it. It wasn't funny. It wasn't interesting. Hell I couldn't even tell you what it is about now. I just block it. But I'm glad you love it. Very Happy You're allowed. I'm going to give you the white outfit though. She was pretty damn hot in that movie. Well....aside from her bad hair.

Of course, there are a lot better movies with a lot hotter chicks in it. I mean what about Showgirls?? A well put together movie with some great acting techniques! Rolling Eyes

I love movies, but I find myself getting less tolerant as I get older (and have less free time, etc.). I have a pretty solid list of worst movies I have ever seen, but the Number 23 maintains a stronghold on the #1 spot. Natural Born Killers, Showgirls, and the Fountain are up there as well. Sometimes I just can't get over a ridiculously flawed premise. Red Eye (Rachel McAdams and Cillian Murphy) probably wasn't terrible, but I couldn't get past the fact that it was based on a redeye flight - from Houston. There are no redeyes from Houston. It doesn't even make sense. Couldn't get past that.

As for classics, Scarface tops the list of the worst. It's terrible. Usual Suspects and Juno are both great movies.

Favorite movie of all time - True Romance.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:26 pm

Man, Fight Club is in my top 10. Great, great movie. Some of the best lines in movie history.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:30 pm

healdgator wrote:Man, Fight Club is in my top 10. Great, great movie. Some of the best lines in movie history.

Love Fight Club...actually, I hate to say it.....but...I liked Natural Born Killers too.
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:32 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
healdgator wrote:Man, Fight Club is in my top 10. Great, great movie. Some of the best lines in movie history.

Love Fight Club...actually, I hate to say it.....but...I liked Natural Born Killers too.

Those kinds of movies never do it for me. Oliver Stone was trying to make a point about violence and the media. I got his point in the first 20 minutes. After that, it just got redundant. Same goes for Thank You for Smoking.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:55 pm

healdgator wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:

Those kinds of movies never do it for me. Oliver Stone was trying to make a point about violence and the media. I got his point in the first 20 minutes. After that, it just got redundant. Same goes for Thank You for Smoking.

AHHHH! My other favorite...Thank You For Smoking! Haha....for the record, my favorite, favorite movie is The Little Mermaid....no joke.
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Paula Sue wrote: What is your least favorite movie? JAWS...I haven't been able to swim in the ocean ever since.
Friday Thread - Page 2 Shrk
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Paula Sue wrote: What is your least favorite movie? JAWS...I haven't been able to swim in the ocean ever since.
Friday Thread - Page 2 Shrk

So that makes you not like it?? It was still a good movie...Jaws 12, not so much Wink
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:35 pm

I hate all Quentin Taratino movies. From Dusk til Dawn started off okay but then it went to shit. I hate his filming methods and his story lines. It's almost like he has this great idea but then adds a whole bunch of great ideas and then it's just one bad idea. All those great ideas could be their own damn movie if he just knew how to put it all together.

I know there are some Quentin lovers out there. Y'all can hate on me. I'm cool with that.

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise. Very Happy

Mike - I hate all QT movies more than the 5th Element if that makes you feel better. heehee
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next