365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clawing My Way Back

+26
healdgator
ounce
Michele "1L" Keane
jon c
Jim Lentz
Joel H
Alex Kubacki
Julie
Paula Sue
Tom H
Liz R
Seth Harrison
Mark B
John Kilpatrick
Natalie
Ken Mello
Peg Coover
Tea from RonItch
dot520
Matt W
Jerry
Kenny B.
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Dave-O
Michael Mitchell
30 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 39 Empty What Is The State of Normality?

Post  Michael Mitchell Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:29 pm

I do not know. This compartment syndrome has confounded me. Really has. Well, the update. First, I did not run Thursday or Friday. The knot was too big. I did run Saturday. I ran for 40 minutes. Not too bad. It was manageable. I ran today. 40 minutes ( both of them 5 miles). Again, manageable. I was commenting to my wife, this was a good summer run. Yeah, I am not kidding. I was soaked. Anyway, that is two in a row. The plan is to have six more just like it ( 40 minute runs). Today's was done in my new shoes ( Asics Gel Express 3's). I am not using my compression socks nor my adjusted inserts ( using my very low adjusted inserts). Not sure what that means. I will call my orthotist tomorrow and see what she wants to do. When I developed the knot, it was on the old (over 600 miles) Asics Gel Express, the compression socks and the very adjusted inserts. So, I peeled back layers to run yesterday and today. The plan is to run 6-40 minute runs and see what happens. Actually today was better than yesterday. I have 5 miles this week. I ended last week with 13 miles. Sigh.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.letsrun.com

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 39 Empty Indian Summer Part II

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:09 am

Still hot. Still humid. Front should be here today, sometime. Sigh. I will contact my orthotist today about advice. I am not sure what inserts to use today. Today's run was ok 20 minutes for 2 miles ( first 6 minutes were walking). I have 5 scheduled today at 40 minutes. We shall see. I have 7 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 39 Empty Re: Clawing My Way Back

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:27 pm

Sorry about the hot and humid weather, Michael - I could send you some 40s if you would like.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 39 Empty Bring It

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:41 pm

Yes, please. The site of the run has changed. Since we may have some serious weather later, I am going to run at home. Easier to get to my little one after the run.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 39 Empty Frustrated

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:48 pm

I was angling toward 56 minutes yesterday. It was really comfortable. Very nice. Then at the 42 minute mark, serious tinging happening. As in past happenings, I stopped. Did not want to cause further damage. Sigh. Now, regroup. I am trying to get the soleus ( yep, that is what it is this time) to stop tinging. Sorta working. By the way, new shoes were worn with the very adjusted orthotics. Sigh. This maybe a walk or light jog scenario today with bike riding. I have an appointment with the orthotic folks Friday at 8 am. Sigh. Very frustrating. I have `12 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 39 Empty We Are Done

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:31 pm

For the week that is. No running. I swear. The soleus is just not healed enough. Today, I have a stand-by appointment with my DC for ART. I am hoping to get in at 6 pm. Tomorrow, I have an 8 am appointment with orthotics folks. Until then, I will walk today and bike for an hour. Repeat that Friday. See what happens this weekend. Sigh.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:54 pm

I can feel your frustration, it probably means some rest is needed to heal up, it's a tough situation.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 39 Empty Slowly Coming Back To Reality

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:58 am

Slowly. Orthotics adjusted last Friday. 30 minute run (3 miles) and it was ok. So, I ventured the next day for 5 miles in 40 minutes. Not great ( it was hot and humid), but survived. Had 20 miles for the week. Sunday, better. Still hot. Still humid, but better. 39:30 for 5 miles. So, I am thinking, ok. we are getting somewhere. I knew Monday and Tuesday were stretches. We had interviews all day long. Monday was a 20 minute run in the morning and that was it. Tuesday, nothing. Nada. I just could not squeeze out anything. Today, 20 minute run and it felt ok. With all the goop (yep, allergies again) coming out, it made my run fun. Today, at 4 pm, 7 miles at 56 minutes. That is it. I am thinking 8 minute pace all the way until Saturday. This will give my legs a chance to get used to it again and work out the kinks. I have 9 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 39 Empty A Little Tingy

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:40 pm

Well, yesterday was interesting. I had to shorten the run due to time constraints. 5 miles was the offing. It started at an 8 minute pace and ended up at a 7:36 pace. I can say this, we are not ready for 7:36 pace. 7:42, yes. I ended up with a 39:10. Today, I am wanting 7 miles, but it might end up being 5 miles. I do know it will be at an 8 minute pace. I did run a 20 minute run this morning, so I have 16 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 39 Empty Normal Is Not Just A State of Mind

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:54 am

Ok, we are slowly getting back. Just two miles on Thursday at 20 minutes. I wanted to run Thursday afternoon, but no dice. Friday, I pushed my run all the way back to 5:30 pm. Yep, that late. Oh well. I got 5 miles in at 40 minutes. My goal was just to get the pace back into my legs. Saturday, was a goal day. Just get the 7 miles in. That is it. Let the rest take care of itself. After being injured most of the second half of the year, I just want to get mileage in. I tapped into Master of Puppets and since my Ipod is on shuffle ( I cannot get it to go off), I played "what will the Ipod shuffle next". That kept my mind off of things. Also, the legs are a little sore. The soleus is still bothering me. 56 minutes and I was done. With a one mile cooldown, I got 31 miles in this week. After missing essentially three days this week, that is not bad. Sunday was more of the same. Getting comfortable again. 8 minute pace. 7 miles. 56 minutes. Just getting it done. It was ok. I was actually tired after this run. Not sure why, but at least it is getting done. Today, I will either run at the YMCA or home. I am thinking YMCA, but I still hate the humidity. Lol. I am thinking of 8 minute paced runs to Wednesday. That should do me. I have a massage Saturday ( compliments of my mother in law, yea!!), so you know I cannot run after that. It was a birthday gift to my wife and I ( our birthdays are 2 days apart). I have 7 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:21 pm

Michael, Any thoughts on why Gene left?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:42 pm

ounce wrote:Michael, Any thoughts on why Gene left?

Not sure. Very hush, hush. Not sure....
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 39 Empty Am I The Turkey or the Walrus?

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:34 am

Well, I can say this. It is SLOWLY coming back. Gee, whiz. What a year. Monday, off day. I was just so tired, I was like, "Nope". Tuesday, 56 minute run at the YMCA. I was soaked, but not that bad. It was ok. Still aches in the soleus, but liveable. Wednesday, it was better, but still aching. For the first 36 minutes, 8 minute pace. The last 20 minutes, 7:48 pace. Again, still making my way back. I ran a 55:18 for 7 miles, but again, still coming back. Today, since the Thanksgiving Dinner is at 12 noon today ( I did not choose the time for it is usually at 3 pm or later), the run will commence at 10:30 am. Not a big fan of morning runs, but I have to get it done. Friday should be in the afternoon and Saturday will be fun. Why? We are getting a massage and you CANNOT run after a massage. ( I have tried, no bueno). The run will be at 9 am for my 11 am massage. That will give me 42 miles this week and the first real normal week in two months. I have 21 miles right now and will have 28 by 11 am this week. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you out there. Next week, goal pace, 7:48 pace for 7 miles each day.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 39 Empty Back On Track

Post  Michael Mitchell Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:09 pm

Well, semi. 42 miles this week. First 40 mile week in a LONG time. The only hitch was running the day after a massage. The massage was great. I mean great. My legs, the day after, felt like lead weights. Just total lead weights. Anyway, Thursday and Friday runs were in hot conditions ( for November ), 75 in the house and humid. Todays was nice. Very nice. 55:18 for all three 7 miles. I did have some 7:42 paced miles in all three runs. Starting Sunday, 7:42 pace for 7 miles as we slowly get back. I ended up with 42 miles this week. Will try and do P90X for runners sometime starting next month. Give me prayers, I will need it.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 39 Empty Days Off In The Mist

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:12 am

Well, it is foggy today. LOL. I took yesterday off. My legs needed it. Today, 4 pm, YMCA, 7:42 pace I am thinking.....for 7 miles. It will be hot and humid in there to, for it is supposed to get to 80 today. Sigh. Cold front is coming again. Smile.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:39 am

Wow, fog in the morning and 80 in the afternoon? Definitely different than my climate. It's not usually foggy here unless it's in the upper 30s.

P90X sounds frightening, but if it helps you with your injury problem... bring it! Smile
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:43 am

Mark B wrote:Wow, fog in the morning and 80 in the afternoon? Definitely different than my climate. It's not usually foggy here unless it's in the upper 30s.

P90X sounds frightening, but if it helps you with your injury problem... bring it! Smile

Well it is two fold. My sister in law and my wife have goal to become "skinnier" ( that is their term) for a "Halloween Party" they want to have next year. In that, they want to dress me up as a "pimp" (whatever that entails) for this party. Now, I have been a nerd all my life. Folks with the open shirt, chest hair sticking out and gold chains made me hurl in my teens. LOL. Anywho, this is a Pimps And Hos party. They want me to improve my abs, hence the P90x for runners. So there ya go. I have less than one year to get this done.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 39 Empty Did Not Want To, But Did

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:28 am

I did not want to run. It was hot (83) outside before the front came through. It is now overcast and in the 50's. Very nice. I ran 7 miles. It was a slow uptick every other mile to let my legs get used to it. The last 3 miles were at a 7:42 pace. I ended up with a 54:30 for 7 miles. Not bad, not great, but not bad. Today, I will start at a 7:42 pace and hopefully by mile three, a 7:36 pace to bring it home in 53:30. If I can do that for the next three days, Friday should be at a 7:36 pace the whole way. We shall see. By the way, the soleus muscles still ache. Fun. I have 7 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 39 Empty Hummm

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:22 pm

Well, I'll be. Interesting. 53:12 for 7 miles. 7:36 pace the whole way. I like. Very good. On my way back, albeit slowly. This should be the goal until Saturday to give my legs a chance to catch up. I should, barring anything weird, end up with 42 miles again this week. Slowly getting back. I should start the P90X by Saturday. It will be 2-3 times a week. Otherwise, YMCA runs through Friday and at home on Saturday. I have 14 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 39 Empty Rushing To See The Dark

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:38 pm

Well, I ran at home. I was lazy and tired and ran at home. I had to really rush this run as I will have to rush this run today. I ran a 53:12 for 7 miles and felt ok. Soleus is still sore, but the recovery today was better than yesterday. It was nice and cool (67), so I am happy with that. Today, meeting at 11 am to 11:30. Then another meeting from 11:30 to 4 pm. Then I leave work, pick up my son and get him home and situated. Then, run 7 miles at 53:12 while the wife is cooking dinner and be done by 6 pm. Fun times. Oh well, at least I am running. I have 21 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 39 Empty Long Journies That Came To An End

Post  Michael Mitchell Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:43 am

First, I ended up with 35 miles that week. Then last week, my mother died. She had a stroke (massive) in 2002 and was never the same. Needless to say, it lessened my running that week. I ended up with 17 miles last week. This week was up and down. I ran a 53:12 for Sunday, missed Monday, ran 3 miles on Tuesday, ran a 52:20 (yep, the last two miles were at a 7:24 pace) on Wednesday, missed Thursday because of a meeting that lasted until 6 pm, missed Friday because of three meetings that lasted over 2 hours each and I fell asleep..lol. I ran at 41:00 for 5 miles this morning and will run a 53:12 for 7 miles this afternoon. With a warm up and cool down, I will have 31 miles this week. I think that it is respectable for 4 days of running. Oh, and the first mile was at 10 minutes and the last four were at 31:00 minutes. I have three classes of mid terms to grade today. Research papers, tomorrow. I need help. LOL
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:32 pm

Sorry to hear about your Mom, Michael. Prayers to you and your family.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:43 pm

Thank you ma'am. I think it was rougher on my three sisters than me. I am fine. My dad is fine. I think my sisters, this may take awhile for them to get over. The last big death in my family was my grandma and that threw all of us into a tizzy for over a year. In fact, 13 years later and she was the topic many conversations while were in hospice for my mother.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  dot520 Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:23 am

So sad around the holidays, but here's to your whole family using this time for healing.

On another note: How is the P90X working for you? I need to get cracking on that again soon. Arms and abs...oh yeah!
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:59 pm

Sorry about your mom, too, Michael. Both of my folks are still ticking, but slowing down in many ways. Still on their own in their late 80's, but my dad made a right turn from a left hand lane and got into a wreck, last week. Only aches and pains as a result. That kind of stuff.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next